DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Dif between SL Box and Denon Box and Why?

Wizzy 4:45 AM - 1 July, 2015
Why would you get one over the other not counting price
Niro 6:15 AM - 1 July, 2015
Not sure if you're new to DJing. But Rane is made in the USA and has always made quality Gear that has awesome sound quality and also tank like build quality. Denon, they make good stuff but from my experience, it's no where close to Rane's quality.
skinnyguy 7:43 AM - 1 July, 2015
So boxes can still use scratchlive.
skinnyguy 7:43 AM - 1 July, 2015
SL boxes.
dj_soo 9:48 AM - 1 July, 2015
one is proven to be pretty much indestructible (10+ year old SL1s are still working today), the other has is not.
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:23 PM - 1 July, 2015
Rane used to have hardware exclusivity over the Scratch live software,

now with SDJ they don't so any company could make gear now once a deal is struck with serato,

so as mentioned the advantages of the Rane boxes are that you can use the older scratch live and SDJ,

the numark one is SDJ only,

The rane boxes support through mode when powered with a external power source not the laptop where as the numark doesn't and constantly needs to be plugged into a usb source to play in "thru" mode
DJKayce 3:33 PM - 1 July, 2015
Quote:

The rane boxes support through mode when powered with a external power source not the laptop where as the numark doesn't and constantly needs to be plugged into a usb source to play in "thru" mode

Denon and not Numark.
Denon DS1
DJ Irv 5:16 PM - 1 July, 2015
Money aside Rane make top notch gear and give you a 3 year warranty on SL boxes.

Money considered $100bucks is not enough money saved to go with the DS1.
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:35 PM - 1 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Denon and not Numark.
Denon DS1

Same company different sticker
Wizzy 2:12 AM - 2 July, 2015
THNAK YOU to all
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:57 AM - 2 July, 2015
I saw a release video or a forum post where the Rane SL2 box uses different/better soldering or internal components so it is LESS likely to pick up noise (like feedback or rumble with Turntables)

Also the Rane Box has the ability to record built in I think - with the Denon Box - you have to record via your mixer (old school like a cassette deck - no internal recording).
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:56 AM - 2 July, 2015
Quote:
I saw a release video or a forum post where the Rane SL2 box uses different/better soldering or internal components so it is LESS likely to pick up noise (like feedback or rumble with Turntables)

Also the Rane Box has the ability to record built in I think - with the Denon Box - you have to record via your mixer (old school like a cassette deck - no internal recording).

Only if you buy SL-3 or SL-4 you can record.