DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Serato 1.7.6 No Longer Supports Mac Operating Sysytem

Shawn 8:14 PM - 30 June, 2015
Can some explain to me why Serato no Longer supports Mac or am I reading this wrong or reading too much into this
Joee 8:44 PM - 30 June, 2015
Quote:
Can some explain to me why Serato no Longer supports Mac or am I reading this wrong or reading too much into this

you might be reading wrong, i think they were stoping support for lion osx
Philmixit 8:45 PM - 30 June, 2015
System Requirements
These are simply the minimum requirements to run Serato DJ and the Serato DJ Expansion Packs. For best performance and for use in professional situations we recommend you use a higher spec computer, preferably with an Intel processor.

Please Note: Some Expansion Packs require higher specs than Serato DJ and we do not currently support AMD processors. 1

Mac Windows
Serato DJ
Operating System Mac OS X 10.8
Mac OS X 10.9
Mac OS X 10.10 2 Windows 7
Windows 8
Windows 8.1
Processor Intel Processors
i3, i5 or i7 32 & 64 bit: 1.07GHz+ 3
Core 2 Duo 32 bit: 2.0 GHz+ 64 bit: 2.4 GHz+
Screen Resolution 1280 x 720
RAM 32 bit: 2 GB
64 bit: 4 GB
USB Available USB 2.0 port
Serato Pitch 'n Time DJ
Processor i5 or i7 32 & 64 bit: 1.07GHz+ 4
RAM 32 & 64 bit: 4 GB
Serato Video
Processor i3, i5 or i7* 32 & 64 bit: 1.07GHz+ 5
Core 2 Duo 32 & 64 bit: 2.5 GHz+ 6
Screen Resolution 1280 x 800
RAM 32 & 64 bit: 4 GB
Video Memory 384 MB (1 GB+ recommended for best performance)

What you read is wrong!!
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 1:03 AM - 1 July, 2015
I can't remember where I saw it but there is a nice little grid of what versions of Serato DJ run on what OS....

For Mac it went bact to 10.5 I think and up to 10.10

Newer versions of SDJ can't run on older Mac OS AND old SDJ versions can't run on new OS (like some guys are still running ScratchLive 1.9.2)

Wish I could find it - it was interesting
deezlee 3:09 AM - 1 July, 2015
ScratchLive 1.9.2 thats me.
anyone know what the cutoff os/hardware is?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:41 PM - 1 July, 2015
Quote:

Ha, me too...
dj_craigmac 12:49 AM - 2 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Ha, me too...

me 3
Code:E 1:15 AM - 2 July, 2015
RIght from the download page:
Please Note: Serato DJ 1.7.6 no longer provides support for Apple Mac OS X Lion 10.7.
All it's saying is your 3 year old operating system is no longer support and if you haven't upgraded your mac you cant use the newest serato. Serato along with 1000's of other company's do this (drop old outdated OS's) to keep their programs clean and efficient.
deejdave 1:21 AM - 2 July, 2015
 6 1:22 AM - 2 July, 2015
Quote:
RIght from the download page:
Please Note: Serato DJ 1.7.6 no longer provides support for Apple Mac OS X Lion 10.7.
All it's saying is your 3 year old operating system is no longer support and if you haven't upgraded your mac you cant use the newest serato. Serato along with 1000's of other company's do this (drop old outdated OS's) to keep their programs clean and efficient.

Actually, what it means is that they don't loner support it.... meaning they won't help you if something goes wrong. You can still use it I'm sure.

nm
deejdave 1:32 AM - 2 July, 2015
All it means is they re not testing on said OS prior to distribution. They will and certainly do try to help anyways. If they really wanted to prevent a certain OS from running a certain version of SDJ they can easily and have done so in the past.

Best to stay above recommended specs and within recommended OS though. Even then there are never any guarantees but certainly improves your chances by doing so.
Code:E 1:42 AM - 2 July, 2015
They remove dedicated install tools for those OS's also. So you might not be able to install it on the older ones either.
deejdave 2:01 AM - 2 July, 2015
Exactly right which they did not do for the recent omission of 10.7.

Not exactly an SOL or "on your own" situation but certainly warrants a use at your own risk approach.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:03 AM - 2 July, 2015
Quote:
Serato along with 1000's of other company's do this (drop old outdated OS's) to keep their programs clean and efficient.

BAHAAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

Where is that release?
Quote:
Actually, what it means is that they don't loner support it.... meaning they won't help you if something goes wrong. You can still use it I'm sure.

Code:E is right - I think I tried to install Serato DJ 1.7.5 on Mac OS 10.6.8 - wouldn't install

I am stuck on Lion 10.7 and 1.7.4 right now, I may as well go up - Lion broke a couple of Apps that I loved for years (reason why I didn't go up)
 6 2:04 AM - 2 July, 2015
" Code:E is right - I think I tried to install Serato DJ 1.7.5 on Mac OS 10.6.8 - wouldn't install"

Was that ever an option though?

nm
 6 2:05 AM - 2 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Serato along with 1000's of other company's do this (drop old outdated OS's) to keep their programs clean and efficient.

BAHAAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

Where is that release?
Quote:

Code:E is right - I think I tried to install Serato DJ 1.7.5 on Mac OS 10.6.8 - wouldn't install

I am stuck on Lion 10.7 and 1.7.4 right now, I may as well go up - Lion broke a couple of Apps that I loved for years (reason why I didn't go up)

Start paying for your apps and you won't have a problem going forward since they realize updates for stuff you pay for. lol

nm
 6 2:05 AM - 2 July, 2015
release*

nm
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:06 AM - 2 July, 2015
Quote:
" Code:E is right - I think I tried to install Serato DJ 1.7.5 on Mac OS 10.6.8 - wouldn't install"

nm

Nope, I bought that Akai AMX and was hoping - I wish I could find that support graph again - shows what supports what....
 6 2:07 AM - 2 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

nm

Nope, I bought that Akai AMX and was hoping - I wish I could find that support graph again - shows what supports what....

Then what the hell man. Stop confusing people. lol

You have to read stuff before you buy it man. lol

nm
deejdave 3:32 AM - 2 July, 2015
Quote:
I wish I could find that support graph again - shows what supports what....

I guess I will just post this again..............support.serato.com
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:51 AM - 2 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
I wish I could find that support graph again - shows what supports what....

I guess I will just post this again..............support.serato.com

THANK YOU!!! was driving me crazy....