Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Gemini Slate troubles

keegs_is_the_squeeze 6:01 PM - 26 June, 2015
So I'm having difficulty getting my Gemini Slate to work properly with Serato DJ intro. I've installed the Gemini driver and DJ intro states "hardware disconnected". I googled the issue and have found others with the same problem, but so far no solutions have worked. I'm using windows 8.1. In the device manager I can see the Gemini Slate under audio inputs/outputs as well as in the playback devices menu. The pads light up when connected, but still no luck. I have also tried every USB port on my computer to with no luck. Any suggestions?
Mrwilliamsburg33 2:46 PM - 11 August, 2015
Did you resolve this issue?

If so, do you like the Slate 4 (assuming that's the one you have).

I'm in the same boat right now. I'm running an older computer with Vista and have not been able to get the "Hardware Disconnected" message off of Serato. I'm currently in a troubleshooting email chain with Serato. Just thought I'd see if you resolved the issue.
sonoridad 12:53 AM - 12 September, 2015
i have the same problem with my MAC, some one can help
Mrwilliamsburg33 1:55 PM - 16 September, 2015
I actually emailed a Serato Tech, and after going back and forth a while, he let me know that the latest version of Serato Intro or DJ needed more that Vista to run. I don't know what it was so hard to tell me that in the beginning.
So, it sounds like you need a recent operating software to keep the program going.
jaygabs46 4:49 AM - 5 October, 2015
Bought this controller a month ago and still haven't been able to get it to connect to serato on my 15" MACBOOK Pro. Went back and forth with Serato and Gemini for a month and all they could tell me was they are aware of the issue and they are working on it. Initially I thought there was an issue with the slate but it works fine with my cheap $150 HP Laptop and my friends 13" MACBOOK Pro but still no luck with my own MACBOOK Pro. Anyone have an update?
Mrwilliamsburg33 1:10 PM - 7 October, 2015
The only thing that I eventually found out for my situation was that my laptop that was running an older version of Windows and would not work with Serato and the Slate. I've been meaning to buy a new laptop anyways, because the one I have is now 7-8 years old. Windows Vista is a little outdated now, ha. I could upgrade software, but it doesn't have the hardware I prefer either.
It took me WAY TOO LONG to find out this information because its not listed anywhere. After many emails back and forth with a Serato agent, he told me I needed upgraded software.
Good luck with your MacBook, I know its very frustrating.
Raicsy 10:09 AM - 5 May, 2016
I just purchased a Gemini Slate 2 and whilst most of the controller works on Windows 10 with Serato DJ Intro, the volume faders and crossfader do not work.

I realise that the controller is not listed as compatible with Windows 10, however, I have tried using it with Serato DJ Intro on Windows 7 and the error message "Hardware Disconnected" continues to show up.

I've rebuilt several PC's to the required OS' and nothing is working. Can anyone help? I'd like to be able to use the controller rather than have it collect dust.

Thanks,
Soldin 12:52 PM - 2 March, 2017
I just picked up a Gemini Slate 2 channel today and have followed the instructions to get set up, lights just continuously flash and nothing else happens. Serato and Serato Intro are both not picking it up on both Mac and PC. No trace of solution since 2015 it seems?
JairamJ69 7:16 PM - 27 November, 2017
I have a slate 2 and when i plug it inot my pc , no leds turn on i have tried over 3 laptops and no results any solutions to my issue?
DJ Tecniq 1:30 PM - 28 November, 2017
May want to check your main hardware page for the drivers if needed. See the “downloads” tab geminisound.com
DJ Tecniq 1:38 PM - 28 November, 2017
Slate 4 driver info here serato.com
DJ Tecniq 1:39 PM - 28 November, 2017
Haven’t seen any other info on connection issues with this deck in general so you guys shouldn’t be having problems if you have the drivers installed.
DJ Tecniq 1:50 PM - 28 November, 2017
Also the system requirements are clearly mentioned on the hardware page to see if it supports your system.

Mac OSX 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10

32-bit: Intel 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo
64-bit: Intel 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo
32-bit: 2 GB RAM
64-bit: 4 GB RAM
1280 x 720 display
*Note: AMD processors are not supported by Serato DJ.

Windows 7*

1280 x 720 display

Windows 8*

1280 x 720 display