Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Why wont Serato bring back the "Load"button?

BC6 4:22 AM - 19 June, 2015
Im a pretty new user to Serato DJ and Im liking the latest version of Serato DJ and all of its features. Im curious why Serato took out the load button in the first place. The load button would make it more convient to load music into the decks. Im not sure why the load button was taken out in the first place but it needs to return asap, Thanks for considering this request
Davideon 8:57 AM - 19 June, 2015
What controller or mixer are you using
BC6 12:55 PM - 19 June, 2015
Im using the VCI 400 and yes I know the VCI 400 has a load button and shift + arrow loads a track. I'd like the load button returned to Searto DJ because it would make loading a track much more convenient than looking for the load button on my controller or doing the 2 step with the shift + arrow combo.
deejdave 4:28 AM - 20 June, 2015
Isn't the load button technically a 2 step process as well. You must first move the cursor to the "load" button then click it. Also "looking" for the load button on your controller is equivalent to "looking" for it on your controller.
deejdave 4:38 AM - 20 June, 2015
BTW I in no way mean to intend to deter you from making a request you desire I just do not understand the logic of it.
BC6 1:36 PM - 20 June, 2015
Yeah looking for the load button then clicking it is a 2 step process. Id still like to have to have the option to load music from the software with a button on the software or on the controller. Sorry you dont understand my logic, My workflow involves looking at the software for most of my controls and that's how I feel most comfortable using DJ software.
JackGregory 4:12 PM - 21 June, 2015
Why not just drag and drop the song to the deck you want it to play on? Isn't that as quick as moving the curser and clicking a load button?
BC6 11:13 PM - 21 June, 2015
Ok so why not have a right click "load into deck A" or why not have a load button. Im still curious why no one from Serato has addressed my question.
DJ Compiler 1:49 PM - 22 June, 2015
Quote:
Ok so why not have a right click "load into deck A" or why not have a load button. Im still curious why no one from Serato has addressed my question.

Probably because its highly unnecessary to add. There's already 3 different ways to load a song. I don't think we need a 4th which will take up extra space.
musiclee 9:13 PM - 22 June, 2015
deejdave,
if you had a LOAD button on SDJ,
then you can MAP it on a generic controller
could be VERY useful to load tracks... just sayin'
deejdave 9:37 PM - 22 June, 2015
Quote:
deejdave,
if you had a LOAD button on SDJ,
then you can MAP it on a generic controller

Now what do you suppose that little "Load to deck" button means in the generic midi mapping panel? LOL

BTW that screen shot was taken from 1.7.5
deejdave 9:37 PM - 22 June, 2015
BC6 9:51 PM - 6 July, 2015
So Im playing around with my APC mini and found that Serato lets you map buttons to most features. Low and behold I mapped a button on my APC mini to be a load button. Its awesome that you can do that but if there was a button on the software I wouldnt have to....oh well.
deejdave 9:55 PM - 6 July, 2015
SO confused. I hope you didn't just find this out.
Quote:
Now what do you suppose that little "Load to deck" button means in the generic midi mapping panel?

www.dropbox.com
BC6 11:46 PM - 6 July, 2015
Quote:
SO confused. I hope you didn't just find this out.
Quote:
Now what do you suppose that little "Load to deck" button means in the generic midi mapping panel?

www.dropbox.com

Why isnt it on the min screen of SDJ instead of being hidden?
DJ Compiler 11:54 PM - 6 July, 2015
Because it takes up unnecessary space. You have a controller plugged in which has a load function. That's why they don't have it on the main screen. I don't really see why you need this load button so badly. You say its important to your work flow so explain what your work flow is because I can't think of an instance where using the mouse for that function makes sense