Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Mark Track Parts

MutterOberin 3:25 PM - 12 June, 2015
I was thinking about a possibility to just mark parts in a track.

For example currently I put cues on every hook start and I know how long a normal hook is.

Would be nice to color the background of the waveform.

Hooks, beats, vocal parts and so on could be distinguished more easy.
deejdave 7:43 PM - 14 June, 2015
With the option to choose the color of the cue point this is exactly what I do already.

Red = Intro
Blue = Main Beat
Purple = Transition
etc.
MutterOberin 1:13 PM - 7 October, 2015
Exactly. This is what I do as a work around as well.

Marking track parts would still be a different thing. Cue points are still limited to 8 - which is ok - but if you want to use it for marking track parts it is not enough. Besides that a track marking would give additional info, like the length of a specific part. I would like to have that feature.
deejdave 2:24 AM - 8 October, 2015
Makes complete sense and I would actually use this myself. If there were a way to import color from cue points it would be even better. I use my cue points to mark the parts of the track as I said above so if there were an option to say mark the track part between cue point 2 & 3 the same color as cue point 2 automatically this would save me the trouble of having to re-edit my entire library.
MutterOberin 3:59 PM - 8 October, 2015
Good point! Would be handy to be able to do that.

It is relatively easy to integrate that feature from a developer perspective. Maybe Serato is listening.
DJ Cyrix 6:57 AM - 9 October, 2015
+1, although it should be treated as a setting. I can't imagine everyone being happy with a coloring book on screen.
deejdave 9:14 PM - 9 October, 2015
Quote:
+1, although it should be treated as a setting. I can't imagine everyone being happy with a coloring book on screen.

Of course. Totally agree. This would NOT fly with the majority of SDJ users but I think the power users would appreciate its benefits.
MutterOberin 5:19 PM - 5 April, 2016
+1
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:36 PM - 7 February, 2018
Just tried Rekordbox DJ and they have a feature called Phrase Analysis. Is this what you are requesting?

Different parts of the tracks have colours and labels e.g. Verse 1 , Chorus, Up etc
MutterOberin 5:08 PM - 8 February, 2018
Sounds like this is exactly what we are looking for....

But I would not like to switch to Rekordbox.