Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Is there any way to get SDJ to broadcast song titles to SHOUTcast?

Psythik 9:04 PM - 28 May, 2015
I currently use BUTT to broadcast live mixes to SHOUTcast, and manually updating the song title gets tiring. I'm hoping there's a way to get Serato to automatically update the song title for me. BUTT supports updating the song title from a file, so if Serato is capable of writing them to a file, that would be great.

Otherwise does anybody know of another way to accomplish this? I'm using Windows 8.1 BTW.
Kyro 7:01 PM - 31 May, 2015
I'm in the same boat, would like to get Serato to output the file name so that BUTT can display it. Thanks.
Psythik 9:51 AM - 3 June, 2015
So nobody knows?
Psythik 7:30 AM - 5 June, 2015
Maybe there's a way to do this using Serato Playlists?
Psythik 9:57 PM - 22 July, 2015
Come on, nothing? I'm getting sick of typing in song titles manually!
Psythik 8:50 AM - 26 November, 2015
I will bump this until the day I die (or get an answer).
Kyro 5:43 AM - 2 December, 2015
Me too, this is a pretty simple thing to ask for... output the song names to a file... c'mon.
Psythik 9:47 PM - 9 December, 2015
bump
Psythik 5:57 AM - 14 March, 2016
It's been awhile since I've bumped this.
Kyro 3:39 PM - 24 March, 2016
yep, maybe it's never going to happen... are you familiar with any programming framework that allows a 3rd party to extend Serato software?
Psythik 3:41 AM - 31 March, 2016
I barely know HTML, let alone any REAL programming language.
Psythik 6:58 AM - 16 January, 2018
It has been another year, thus I must bump this thread yet again to see if Sertao is broadcast-friendly yet. Come on, devs, get on it!
Kyro 9:42 PM - 16 January, 2018
Thanks for bumping it. It seems like such a usable feature.
popnwave 10:13 PM - 16 January, 2018
Lots of threads on this in the "feature suggestion" forum.
Psythik 1:27 AM - 14 May, 2020
Yet it's 2020 and this STILL isn't possible. How long is it going to take before we finally get song title support for streamers?
Psythik 1:27 AM - 14 May, 2020
Yet it's 2020 and this STILL isn't possible. How long is it going to take before we finally get song title support for streamers?
DJ Yuma 12:25 AM - 28 December, 2020
There is a way to broadcast title names during live stream...it may be a little bit complicated, but it works :)

You need to search for a third-party program which captures the tracks coming from your Mixer to your Serato Livestream-Page and dragging them to a specific file on your hardware. You just have to enter the path to this file in BUTT and you're done.

Look after "SeratoNowPlaying"-Tool (github.com)

It's available for Windows and Mac. I've using this for quite a while and it works perfectly.

Greets from Germany..