Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ okay on a 2Gz i7 Macbook Air?

FunkyTrousers 4:20 PM - 27 May, 2015
Hi - I'm awaiting delivery of a Denon DJ MC2000 I recently ordered. I own two laptops, a powerful 15" FHD (1080p) screen Windows one (2.6Ghz i7 quad core, 16Gb RAM etc.) and a 13" Macbook Air (2012 vintage - 2Ghz i7 dual core CPU, 8Gb RAM).

I've also bough the upgrade to the full Serato DJ software. Is my Macbook Air likely to be powerful enough to run Serato DJ smoothly and be stable? It's just that it's *much* more portable and I already have a stand I can use for that to lift it above the control deck.

Also - does Serato DJ run better on a Mac or Windows, or is it much of a muchness?
deejdave 10:44 PM - 27 May, 2015
I am willing to bet your MacBook Air runs Serato DJ better tan your Windows laptop. If you would please report back after you find out that would be great...............
DJ Tecniq 11:06 PM - 27 May, 2015
Macbook Air should be fine as most older Macbook Pro's can run SDJ smoothly. Running video no prob not a chance.
FunkyTrousers 9:41 AM - 28 May, 2015
Okay, will give both a try
DJ Tecniq 11:52 AM - 28 May, 2015
Quote:
Okay, will give both a try
let us know how it goes👍🏻
FunkyTrousers 2:06 PM - 28 May, 2015
The only thing that's a bit annoying with my MacBook Air is that it only has 2 x USB (3.0) ports, but I could really do with 3 ports - DJ Controller, 1TB USB 3.0 hard disc, and a wired mouse (my trackpad is a bit flakey).

I guess I could get a powered USB 3.0 hub - would it be better to plug to MC2000 direct into the computer, though?
DJ Tecniq 7:53 PM - 28 May, 2015
Quote:
The only thing that's a bit annoying with my MacBook Air is that it only has 2 x USB (3.0) ports, but I could really do with 3 ports - DJ Controller, 1TB USB 3.0 hard disc, and a wired mouse (my trackpad is a bit flakey).

I guess I could get a powered USB 3.0 hub - would it be better to plug to MC2000 direct into the computer, though?
Yes plug the controller directly into the mac's usb port then for all your other devices use a hub. Powered is preferred but I use a non powered 4 port with dicers, midi-usb (video mixing) and webcam and have not had any problems lately.
FunkyTrousers 6:59 AM - 29 May, 2015
Okay, thanks, just hope my external HDD will work through the powered hub