Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Handbrake Preset for Windows

DJ High Tower 6:37 PM - 22 May, 2015
I'm trying to convert a large video collection to MP4. I have my Mac converting everything with Handbrake and figured I would speed up the process using my Windows backup. I downloaded the current version of Handbrake for Windows and the Serato plugin for Handbrake on Windows. I can't get the plugin to import into Handbrake. It keeps saying that it can't import a plugin with the same name as a preset. I've tried deleting and re-downloading multiple times. Also tried deleting all presets and renaming the plugin. No luck with any of the above. Any advice is appreciated.
popnwave 9:28 PM - 22 May, 2015
Yeah the old preset doesn't import properly any more. It's been eons since any of the staff updated it.
DJMark 10:48 PM - 22 May, 2015
If you're using a recent-model Mac, you can drastically speed up encodes by using the latest version of Apple's Compressor app.

When I say "drastic", I'm talking about song-length encodes taking 20-30 seconds instead of 3-4 minutes.

For a variety of reasons, I don't recommend Handbrake unless you really don't care very much about what's on the screen.
DJ High Tower 9:14 AM - 23 May, 2015
Thanks guys. I appreciate it.
https://serato.com/user/id:7146593 5:09 PM - 22 October, 2015
I have windows, and install the preset I get that name already exists, and delete the other presets and comes out the same, as pus fix it?
adriandj74 3:21 PM - 10 August, 2016
good day, it happens that I do not recognize the preset serato me the following message appears .
you can not import a preset With the same name as a built in preset
adriandj74 3:22 PM - 10 August, 2016
Quote:
good day, it happens that I do not recognize the preset serato .handbrake me the following message appears .
you can not import a preset With the same name as a built in preset
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:03 AM - 12 August, 2016
Quote:
If you're using a recent-model Mac, you can drastically speed up encodes by using the latest version of Apple's Compressor app.

When I say "drastic", I'm talking about song-length encodes taking 20-30 seconds instead of 3-4 minutes.

For a variety of reasons, I don't recommend Handbrake unless you really don't care very much about what's on the screen.

What compressor settings do you recommend for HD videos?
adriandj74 11:47 AM - 13 August, 2016
good morning, I commented that use 64-bit Windows 10. core I5 ​​8gb ram and video card geforce gtx 960 4gb. with 4k downloader did some tests on you tube hd 1280 x 720 and the image freezes,
Twidel 10:23 PM - 19 August, 2016
Open the preset file with Notepad+ and change the preset name on the bottom of the file from "Normal" to whatever is not used yet.
And voila, winner!
Alex le Gounz 3:45 AM - 10 March, 2017
Quote:
Open the preset file with Notepad+ and change the preset name on the bottom of the file from "Normal" to whatever is not used yet.
And voila, winner!

Hi twidel

I do not understand, which is what you have to replace

I'm looking for the settings for handbrake 1.0

cheers
Twidel 6:46 PM - 10 March, 2017
You have to change Normal into whatever as long as it's not used as a preset.