Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato display lagging on PC.. fix your software already.

Maxx Ammo 2:08 PM - 21 May, 2015
I'm sure you guys have heard this a million time, and for a good reason too. But Serato just doesn't run as smooth on PC as it does on Mac, and it's because of your programming alone. I recently just changed from being a Mac user to high end PC, and it's the greatest choice I have made. Just does what I need better and faster. But with that said, even when my new PC laptop is 4 times faster then my old MacBook pro... Serato still visually lags. You would think with 32gigs of ram, 8 gigs of video ram and all processed with a 4.2 ghz four core processor, that Serato would be able to utilize the more then excessive power available.. but nope. Not because it's a PC (my new set up renders video more beautiful and clear then any of the macs at my work) but because of Serato being lazy to utilize such a simple software.... can you guys please do something about this already.
djcaba 3:27 PM - 21 May, 2015
Device manager> disable webcam, any secondary gpu

Msconfig> disable mostly everything except system and windows options.

Disable wifi, bluetooth, etc

Basically disable everything serato will not be using, and your cpu will prioritize sdj
djcaba 3:29 PM - 21 May, 2015
I have an 8gb nvidia gpu - i disabled it and no problems. Ive noticed that it is only really used for hdmi out or graphic-intense fames
djcaba 3:31 PM - 21 May, 2015
Msconfig>startup i meant....
djcaba 3:33 PM - 21 May, 2015
Refer to bleepingcomputer for which things to disable
Davideon 6:35 PM - 21 May, 2015
Quote:
I'm sure you guys have heard this a million time, and for a good reason too. But Serato just doesn't run as smooth on PC as it does on Mac, and it's because of your programming alone. I recently just changed from being a Mac user to high end PC, and it's the greatest choice I have made. Just does what I need better and faster. But with that said, even when my new PC laptop is 4 times faster then my old MacBook pro... Serato still visually lags. You would think with 32gigs of ram, 8 gigs of video ram and all processed with a 4.2 ghz four core processor, that Serato would be able to utilize the more then excessive power available.. but nope. Not because it's a PC (my new set up renders video more beautiful and clear then any of the macs at my work) but because of Serato being lazy to utilize such a simple software.... can you guys please do something about this already.

how can you say all that and say the issue is the software?
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:04 PM - 21 May, 2015
jerky wavefroms have always been a problem even in ssl, on mac and windows,

a quick review of old support threads shows they were never able to resolve any of the issues users had that i looked at, it's clearly a program issue which you would have thought serato would have resolved my now
CanaroMix 12:29 PM - 28 May, 2015
Quote:

This is a real problem that must be solved
Psythik 9:07 PM - 28 May, 2015
SDJ runs silky-smooth for me on Win 8.1. Maybe try increasing your Maximum Screen Updates Per Second? Mine's set to 60.
DJ Compiler 4:08 AM - 29 May, 2015
Also a Windows user here. Very aggravating indeed. Its because they use a cross platform framework and don't go into system specific optimizations. On the Windows side of things it would be implementing the use of DirectX for the rendering. Unfortunately the cross platform frame work (qt I believe) doesn't use this. Doubt it'll happen for us though since were a minority.
Ste H 10:32 AM - 29 May, 2015
The serato team are well aware of this, they told me they are working hard to fix this issue... hopefully itl be fixed for the new version.
BleedR 3:26 PM - 29 May, 2015
For me it happens from time to time when I load a track, when I load another track it's gone... weird!
someguy 1:52 PM - 1 December, 2015
I'm running serato on a 144hz screen and it hurts my eyes, is there ever going to be a 144fps support ? 60 isn't nearly enough
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:11 PM - 1 December, 2015
doubt it
pdidy 6:01 PM - 1 December, 2015
Quote:
I'm running serato on a 144hz screen and it hurts my eyes, is there ever going to be a 144fps support ? 60 isn't nearly enough

I call bullshit on that one, you just need glasses bro....lol