Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

New Macbook Pro's to use AMD Radeon R9 M380X graphics processor

Mr Wilks 6:02 AM - 20 May, 2015
It was suspected a while ago that Apple was slowly making the shift from Nvidia to Radeon based graphics.

As we know, Serato likes to play nicely with Nvidia chips so it will be interesting to see how compatibility is handled and if there's going to be a tweak on their end to maximise the new performance.

www.digitalspy.co.uk
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:15 PM - 20 May, 2015
tobe fair serato video DOES support Radeon graphics cards think you are getting mixed up with the Processor (CPU).
popnwave 9:04 PM - 20 May, 2015
Apple flips back and forth about every 2-3 years. Not a big deal as long as they make the boards properly and don't end up with shit like the 2011 models.
Mr Wilks 10:35 AM - 21 May, 2015
Quote:
tobe fair serato video DOES support Radeon graphics cards think you are getting mixed up with the Processor (CPU).

They do but they used to have Nvida as recommended cards on the spec list (which seems to have changed at some point recently).

Looks all good but was curious to their performance. I wondered if anyone had used them with the Radeon cards and noticed any performance issues.

Chip architecture varies wildly and wondered how Serato plays with the ATI side of it all. It's a picky program and with these GPU's now becoming the norm any issue will be picked up en-masse.
DJMark 10:44 AM - 21 May, 2015
I used ME on a 2011 MBP (had an AMD GPU) and it worked fine.

There have been "abnormally high numbers of" GPU failures in machines (including Macs) with both AMD and nVidia GPU's over the past 8 years or so.
Bobakiss 10:04 PM - 20 September, 2015
Has anyone bought one yet? I'm curious if this model can run serato video smooth with all performance settings on max.