DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Haters line up - We Are Your Friends Movie.... (EDM DJ & Promoters)

DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:16 PM - 19 May, 2015
Watchwww.youtube.com

Let the hate flow.... <in my Darth Vader voice>

Thoughts.....?????
DJ Reflex 10:27 PM - 19 May, 2015
Gleaming The Cube... Drumline... Dirty Dancing...

Might be interesting take on the work and dedication it takes to run successful events like this. I was involved (on the peripherals) in an EDM rave festival back in April. I did lighting, lasers, and props. The promoters and DJs take this stuff very seriously and professionally. It wasn't just "Let's throw a party and make a million dollars" attitude. They work hard for it and were up against all kinds of legal, political, and racial obstacles.
As corny as it sounds, a movie like this might give a small glimpse behind the scenes. Good DJs do work hard and there can be quite a bit of real drama in this biz.
AKIEM 10:29 PM - 19 May, 2015
2015 Beatstreet, or no

lol
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 10:45 PM - 19 May, 2015
Quote:
2015 Beatstreet, or no

lol

Kinda lol - they get a point for giving the DJ headphones ALTHOUGH he seems to wear them ALL THE TIME from the preview
Niro 10:55 PM - 19 May, 2015
More like Thashin or Rad, haha. Should be entertaining. It still amazes me when you think the Dj bubble has burst, it just keeps going.
 6 11:04 PM - 19 May, 2015
Was that Michael Basic at 0:47? :P

nm
DJ Reflex 11:44 PM - 19 May, 2015
Quote:
Kinda lol - they get a point for giving the DJ headphones ALTHOUGH he seems to wear them ALL THE TIME from the preview

Fashion statement! (Pssst... they're not plugged in!) LoL
Mr. Goodkat 12:03 AM - 20 May, 2015
its the dash of reality edm needs, if you arent really good looking, can wear tanks and have mad abs bro, u aint winning the lottery. look at what they did to dorky calvin harris, now hes in man panty ads and used to look a dorky lighting guy.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:48 PM - 20 May, 2015
Quote:
its the dash of reality edm needs, if you arent really good looking, can wear tanks and have mad abs bro, u aint winning the lottery.

i disagree.....I present exhibit A:
www.edmsauce.com
DJ Remy USA 5:49 PM - 20 May, 2015
Quote:
Gleaming The Cube... Drumline... Dirty Dancing...

Might be interesting take on the work and dedication it takes to run successful events like this. I was involved (on the peripherals) in an EDM rave festival back in April. I did lighting, lasers, and props. The promoters and DJs take this stuff very seriously and professionally. It wasn't just "Let's throw a party and make a million dollars" attitude. They work hard for it and were up against all kinds of legal, political, and racial obstacles.
As corny as it sounds, a movie like this might give a small glimpse behind the scenes. Good DJs do work hard and there can be quite a bit of real drama in this biz.

this

I just did a show in Toronto I cancelled 3 times because the club didnt have everything right for the show. Good DJs take this shit super serious, I cant wait to see it myself.
DJ Remy USA 5:55 PM - 20 May, 2015
you think we have a lot of DJs now, just wait till this movie comes out. DJs galore after that. Kinda like after 8 mile came out everyone wanted to battle rap in the parking lot
DJ Remy USA 5:56 PM - 20 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
its the dash of reality edm needs, if you arent really good looking, can wear tanks and have mad abs bro, u aint winning the lottery.

www.edmsauce.com

lmao chill he's home town hero
AKIEM 5:58 PM - 20 May, 2015
Quote:
you think we have a lot of DJs now, just wait till this movie comes out. DJs galore after that. Kinda like after 8 mile came out everyone wanted to battle rap in the parking lot

yup

that bubble has no bounds - there are still plenty of people who are capable wrapping some over priced headphones around there neck and press some buttons

Hardest part is thinking of a cool name.
DJ Remy USA 6:29 PM - 20 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

yup

that bubble has no bounds - there are still plenty of people who are capable wrapping some over priced headphones around there neck and press some buttons

Hardest part is thinking of a cool name.

Ive stopped calling myself DJ because its a running joke"oh your a DJ, so am I" type thing. I just tell people sniff glue for a living before I tell them I DJ.
Mr. Goodkat 6:38 PM - 20 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

www.edmsauce.com

yeah a couple people are gonna slip through the cracks bezz. that guy would be as big as calvin if he didnt look like that. not that theres anything wrong with looking like a normal guy, its just the reality of the situation.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:00 AM - 21 May, 2015
Quote:

Ive been comparing it to when fast and furious came out and everyone started outting spoilers and neon on their geo metros and racing in parking lots
d:raf 3:56 PM - 21 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Ive been comparing it to when fast and furious came out and everyone started outting spoilers and neon on their geo metros and racing in parking lots

Around here they were doing that in '90.
Gio Alex 4:48 PM - 29 May, 2015
The accurate trailer:

LMAO

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 8:25 PM - 29 May, 2015
Quote:
The accurate trailer:

LMAO

Watchwww.youtube.com

That is FUCKING HILARIOUS!!!!!
Gio Alex 8:31 PM - 29 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
The accurate trailer:

LMAO

Watchwww.youtube.com

shit had me dying. Seems more realistic.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 8:34 PM - 29 May, 2015
ROTFL at Headphones in the shower
 6 8:46 PM - 29 May, 2015
Good stuff! lol

nm
nathans1 9:34 PM - 29 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The accurate trailer:

LMAO

Watchwww.youtube.com

shit had me dying. Seems more realistic.

ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING.
AKIEM 10:16 PM - 29 May, 2015
You really know how to press play man