Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ 1.7.5 quits unexpectedly in offline and connected mode

DJ Jaz_Jasmeet 3:41 PM - 18 May, 2015
I just updated my Macbook Pro to OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 to be able to run Serato DJ. I am currently using Serato Itch (with Numark NS7) and I had OS X 10.6 on my laptop. I had to update to OS X 10.7 or higher to be able to run Serato DJ and now the Serato DJ version 1.7.5 quits unexpectedly in offline mode and it quits even when it is connected to my Pioneer DDJ SZ. I have reached out to Serato Support and opened up a support ticket on this- I also left a voicemail regarding this on the Serato helpline number. However I have still not heard back from anyone at Serato and need this addressed ASAP. I have provided the log file and all the needed info in my email earlierl. This is in reference to request (90669).
mr187 1:53 AM - 23 May, 2015
1.7.5 suck lemon balls for ns7, either downgrade to 1.7.3 or use VDJ until the problem is fixed. make sure you keep a good working copy of your database file 1.7.5 kept damaging mine.
Serato, Support
Ian W 4:19 AM - 26 May, 2015
Hey DJ Jaz_Jasmeet,

I can see that Rui had made contact with you asking for your computer spec and there was no reply. If you could continue and reply back to the thread that would be great!

and also for mr187, sounds like the issue runs a little deeper than just an update messing with your database etc. Would recommend opening up a ticket as well as 1.7.5 shouldnt have any issues with the NS7.

Regards,
DJ Jaz_Jasmeet 11:25 PM - 27 May, 2015
Hey guys. Actually there is an issue with version 1.7.5.
Ian W- I had provided all my computer specs as well as the error log file in my support ticket when I initially opened it up. I don't know why I was being asked that info all over again. Anyhow, I deleted the 1.7.5 version and installed the 1.7.3 version on my Macbook and it works like a charm with no issues!
djfreshdj 4:14 PM - 28 May, 2015
lucky u dj jaz..i i'm havin the same prob for prob a month now..no help from support team..i sen in log and print screen and no answr since..i hve down grade to 1.7.3. still does not work for.SSL does not work either.
BleedR 8:17 AM - 29 May, 2015
Have also some Crashes. Two in the club with SL4 for no reason. And One in offline mode
mr187 5:08 PM - 15 June, 2015
support tried to help me also but there is some kind of flaw in it. I been using Virtual DJ people call it a toy but it is working nicely with my ns7.
musiclee 10:56 PM - 15 June, 2015
Don't worry guys
1.8 will be the cure for all bugs, crashes, etc
And will bring lots of awesome stuff like day mode, support for all Rane mixers etc
At least I'm hoping
djbernny 2:12 AM - 16 June, 2015
1.7.5 quits when clicking the files tab, sometimes with other tabs. if i don't touch the tabs, just using the controller and search for songs works just fine. anyone has this same issue? i've already sent messages to support team, they've answered, but none of their solutions (mostly making a new database and deleting history) has worked so far.
BleedR 3:02 PM - 17 June, 2015
Quote:
1.7.5 quits when clicking the files tab, sometimes with other tabs. if i don't touch the tabs, just using the controller and search for songs works just fine. anyone has this same issue? i've already sent messages to support team, they've answered, but none of their solutions (mostly making a new database and deleting history) has worked so far.

History helps only when SDJ crashes on load... Seems to be a known issue they might be working on.
Database is the standard "solution" for anything. Most of the time it doesn't solve any problems.

Continue working with them and request feedback what they've found out about the issue - if they accept it as an issue at all.
djbernny 6:54 PM - 19 June, 2015
My problem was fixed, it was an issue caused when my mac's battery died and i had to adjust the system date. The downside is that the only fix is to wipe the system hd and install osx from scratch.
djsugahprince 2:01 AM - 8 March, 2016
i seem to have the same issue unless im using 1.7.4 any version higher and my computer will say "quit unexpectedly" out of no where after being run for a minute. this works with or without an interface hooked up. i really dont know what to do and ive tried everything