Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video

pinoycanadian 5:29 PM - 6 May, 2015
is there any discount coupon or special offer for serato video?
DJ Tecniq 9:41 PM - 6 May, 2015
Quote:
No but the demo is free to try. Please keep in mind serrate video uses a lot of cpu esp within sdj so make sure your laptop is even equipped to run video. Or go the easier and more professional route with Mix Emergency which is 10x better than Serato Video.
Xtendamix 11:25 PM - 6 May, 2015
No discount, but you get 40 free videos on our site with your serato video code.
Code:E 6:26 PM - 9 May, 2015
Quote:

SOme hardware (like the DDJ sp1) gives you a free serato video code.
pinoycanadian 6:24 PM - 12 May, 2015
Mixemergency only for MAC. I am a window OS user.
Code:E 6:34 PM - 12 May, 2015
Quote:
Mixemergency only for MAC. I am a window OS user.

Well..... I'm sure you see this coming... But maybe its time to upgrade to pro grade computer and OS.
pinoycanadian 6:44 PM - 12 May, 2015
i have a pretty good laptop that is in serato video system requirement.

code:E
do you use serato or mixemergency?
skinnyguy 7:15 PM - 12 May, 2015
have you tested serato video on your lappy yet?
pinoycanadian 8:05 PM - 12 May, 2015
Im afraid not.

it scares me...LOL

does serato video heats up the laptop faster than the serato dj?
skinnyguy 8:10 PM - 12 May, 2015
possibly. test out the demo first before you buy.

....then start saving up for the mbp. ;)
skinnyguy 8:12 PM - 12 May, 2015
but seriously, try before you buy. that's what the demo version is for. see if your lappy is capable of running serato video, especially since you claim it is well within specs.

go ahead and tweak all you can/need to get it running and see if that is satsifactory for you.

and then....yeah.
Code:E 8:18 PM - 12 May, 2015
Quote:
i have a pretty good laptop that is in serato video system requirement.

code:E
do you use serato or mixemergency?

Oh I would only ever use Mix Emergency. Serato video is like a red headed step child. I own it and would use it in an emergency but ME is far more stable, I would never see it failing. And the features that ME has blows Serato video out of the water. Not even in the same ball park.
Code:E 8:20 PM - 12 May, 2015
Quote:
possibly. test out the demo first before you buy.

This^^^

Quote:
but seriously, try before you buy. that's what the demo version is for. see if your lappy is capable of running serato video, especially since you claim it is well within specs.

and this. The demo is exactly the same as the full version so if you can get the demo to run well and stable you will be fine with the full version.
Also FYI, where you get your videos from is VERY important. Make sure to buy from a VERY reputable source. Xtendamix or VJ pro seem to be the top 2 and 3 place is a very long way away.
pinoycanadian 5:32 PM - 22 May, 2015
Thank you for all your replies. sure did help me a lot.

i have tried the demo and all are (i think) stable, and bought the full version. However, from time to time after about 10 video mixing the actual video stop and and get a message the video stop but the music still playing without the video. This problem is before i optimizing my laptop, and haven't tried it again since the optimization.

any suggestions?
skinnyguy 5:59 PM - 22 May, 2015
Quote:

skinnyguy 5:59 PM - 22 May, 2015
try it again, now that you've optimized it.
DJ Tecniq 9:49 PM - 22 May, 2015
Quote:
Thank you for all your replies. sure did help me a lot.

i have tried the demo and all are (i think) stable, and bought the full version. However, from time to time after about 10 video mixing the actual video stop and and get a message the video stop but the music still playing without the video. This problem is before i optimizing my laptop, and haven't tried it again since the optimization.

any suggestions?
can you list the full specs of your laptop? That would really help use. If your computer has a dedicated video card make sure you are using itπŸ‘πŸ»