DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

sound drops on 57

dj kreate 5:46 AM - 4 May, 2015
the sound from my 57 drops while im djing. Only way to fix it is by turning it off and plugging it back up. I emailed Rane, and they want 600 bucks to fix it.

anyone know how to fix this issue?
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:43 PM - 4 May, 2015
Hey Kreate,

Sound dropping out while DJing is usually due to corrupt files in a library.

At this point... open SSL without your mixer plugged in, highlight ALL your music within the 'all' section, and drag/drop them directly onto the 'analyze files' tab.
Once its done, look through the 'all' section and delete ANY corrupt files found... regardless if you play the files or not.

Retest from there.
If you are still having issues I would ask if you are importing your music from an internal or external drive and what the exact specs of your computer are.

Let me know how you get along.
dj kreate 8:32 PM - 4 May, 2015
Specs are a mid mbp 15" i5, ssd internal hd.

I have all my music on a external hd.

I will check again for corrupt files
dj kreate 6:15 AM - 5 May, 2015
Had 5 deleted files, also replaced the usb cable
dj kreate 12:56 AM - 9 May, 2015
??????
Rane, Support
Zach S 3:48 PM - 11 May, 2015
Sorry.. your last response didn't really tell me anything other than you found 5 corrupt files.
I'll assume you are still having issues.

Does the sound "drop out" when playing regular CDs or vinyl (without your computer even plugged in)?
dj kreate 12:43 AM - 12 May, 2015
i havent tried it with regular vinyl. If the songs redline internally in serato and i dont catch it, would that cause the audio to drop???
woody008 1:48 AM - 12 May, 2015
Here is a possibility. The solder joints on the usb socket might be lose or the socket it self might be shot.
dj kreate 4:40 AM - 12 May, 2015
i used it last wknd, no issues. lets see how it goes
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:25 PM - 13 May, 2015
Quote:
If the songs redline internally in serato and i dont catch it, would that cause the audio to drop???

Yes.. tracking problems can cause all sorts of weird audio stuff.
If the tracking goes bad try holding down the cntrl key and pressing the INT tab.
This will put the virtual deck in an emergency INT mode and will automatically revert the track to 0 pitch and disregard any control signal that might be wonky.
If the audio goes back to normal then the issue will be tracking (some issue with your turntables/CD decks most likely).
dj kreate 4:57 AM - 25 May, 2015
last nite, i was talking on the mic and volume got loud. so many issues with this board. such a headache
dj kreate 6:29 PM - 30 May, 2015
swapped out all my xlr cables. so far so good