Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Pro Tips: Creating Extra Space In Your Flips.

4:01 AM, 4 May 2015
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
DJ Trentino 11:30 PM - 4 May, 2015
Did you learn this from Big Once and me? :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:33 PM - 4 May, 2015
haha snappp
Dj Owe 7:22 PM - 4 July, 2015
hi just curious why Sync on turntables doesnt work same way as DDJSX ? i try to do the live transition but only 1 deck stays synced the other one doesn't move with it,
Anton Styles 11:23 PM - 7 July, 2016
so the way you showed how to do a jump from basically the beginning to nearly the end of the track is how i used to manually set up my "quickhitter" edits within the original mix of the song--that way i don't need two versions of so many songs. when FLIP came out i immediately thought it was a godsend because i could automate my cue jumps and not have to worry if someone came up to request a song or something distracted me and i missed the jump point.... the problem i'm having with serato is when i load a track in, serato doesn't seem to want to buffer the entire track into memory, start to finish--for example, if i start playing the track from 0:00 and hit a cue point that's maybe 3 or 4 minutes ahead--there's a momentary hiccup in the audio while it seems like serato is catching up. i've noticed that if i load the song, and then HIT that cue point so the audio plays--it gets the hiccup out of the way, and i can then begin the track from 0:00 and not have to worry about the audio skipping... my question is--is there some setting i'm missing to avoid this? sometimes during the peak hours of the night, i won't always remember to hit that far cue point before i play the track... seems like such an easy fix??? my laptop is definitely beefy as all hell so i know it's not a processor issue--and also had zero problem ever making cue jumps in traktor that way... (?) basically it's rendered FLIP useless to me in that regard, because it will still make that same hiccup when playing the flip edit... any help or insight would be hugely appreciated!