Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Tutorial: Recording Video mix with audio w/o Mix Emergency?

DJ Tecniq 6:16 AM - 25 April, 2015
Just a tutorial that may be helpful for anyone with a powerful computer that want to record their video mix and capture audio all together. Things you'll need. FYI this was tested on my brand new Mid 2014 15" MacBook Pro the best you can get w/16 gig Ram and runs SDJ with not even a hiccup all videos and recording are all on the same laptop👌🏻

1. Serato DJ
2. SL3 or better or Controller
3. RCA cable
4. Screenflow

Any comments plz let me know hope this was useful!

www.dropbox.com
DJ Tecniq 7:56 AM - 25 April, 2015
On 2nd thought Syphon Recorder is the better choice now that i figured out the best settings the quality is much cleaner than Screenflow if your computer is fast enough.
DJ Tecniq 8:19 PM - 25 April, 2015
But this works too if Syphon recorder is using too much CPU👍🏻
DJ Tecniq 2:39 AM - 2 May, 2015
This tutorial is useless because for some strange reason recording the audio only works in internal mode. I have just now tested this in relative and it records the control tone signal with the audio? This has got to be a driver issue. I have even tried diff versions of SDJ no luck👎🏻😕
djnak 7:06 PM - 2 May, 2015
something like the Numark Stereo (Rca) i/O

www.numark.com

would solve your problem

they are like $30 - $40 bucks
DJ Tecniq 7:14 PM - 2 May, 2015
Quote:

www.numark.com

would solve your problem

sweet so you are for sure this will work? I thought there had to be a work around. Did another test and noticed without the box if I use the turntables (real vinyl) the sl3 records both channels as 1 source from the aux
DJ Tecniq 7:21 PM - 2 May, 2015
Quote:

www.numark.com

would solve your problem

so if you could explain this to me a bit more what connections would I actually plug into this interface? I still need to use the sl3 box correct?
djnak 7:50 PM - 2 May, 2015
Quote:
I still need to use the sl3 box correct?

If you regularly use it the yes... This is only a soundcard for recording it does not control serato it only has 1 chanel in (line/phono) and transfers that via usb back to your computer other uses for it would be to record vinyl so you can digitize it....

1. aux out (Mixer) ---> line in on numark
2. Usb out (Numark) ---> Usb In (Computer)

3. choose the numark as your sound device in screenflow/syphon recorder
Quote:
djnak 7:53 PM - 2 May, 2015
Quote:
Did another test and noticed without the box if I use the turntables (real vinyl) the sl3 records both channels as 1 source from the aux

basically this is what the numark is gonna do instead of the sl3
DJ Tecniq 8:29 PM - 2 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Did another test and noticed without the box if I use the turntables (real vinyl) the sl3 records both channels as 1 source from the aux

basically this is what the numark is gonna do instead of the sl3
gotcha ok so that Numark device can record "both" decks? I came across a video on YouTube but the device was being used on 1 turntable.
djnak 6:03 AM - 3 May, 2015
Quote:

1. aux out (Mixer) ---> line in on numark
2. Usb out (Numark) ---> Usb In (Computer)

It will record whatever is coming out the aux out of the mixer (also can be hooked to booth out/ main out if you wave the right wires (xlr --> rca 1/4--->rca ect ect) )