Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Volume levels on uploaded mixes

AJPethick 12:17 AM - 25 April, 2015
Hi , I'm looking for any form of help regarding the sound quality of my mixes when I upload them to soundcloud. To start with , I record my mixes through serato. Once I've done the mix I then upload it and the sound is super quiet compared to other tracks. I've ran the mix through audacity and amplified it but it still doesn't increase the volume very much . Is there any suggestions as to how I could increase the overall volume of my track when I upload it . Thanks
Floren Munteanu 4:53 AM - 25 April, 2015
DJ Tecniq 6:33 AM - 25 April, 2015
Quote:
Hi , I'm looking for any form of help regarding the sound quality of my mixes when I upload them to soundcloud. To start with , I record my mixes through serato. Once I've done the mix I then upload it and the sound is super quiet compared to other tracks. I've ran the mix through audacity and amplified it but it still doesn't increase the volume very much . Is there any suggestions as to how I could increase the overall volume of my track when I upload it . Thanks
You'll need to amplify to at least +8 or higher also make sure the recording meters are not too low in SDJ. And at least it's not clipping👍🏻
Floren Munteanu 3:43 PM - 25 April, 2015
He posted the same question in 3 separate threads, I linked into second port his first thread.
DJ Tecniq 4:43 PM - 25 April, 2015
Quote:
Just some helpful information about recording your mix. First always play the recording in serato to see what the levels actually look like. If too low then you'll need to use audacity and higher the volume. Usually compressing in audacity raises quite a bit of the recording👍🏻 if the recording meters in SDJ are too low then raise them to make sure you get a good overall sound out of it👏🏻
djxcellerator 5:15 AM - 26 April, 2015
Raising the gain in the recording panel is what I did to make my playback volume louder.
Serato, Support
Ian W 4:19 AM - 29 April, 2015
Hi AJPethick,

You can adjust the volume level of the recording in the Rec panel when you are recording. Alternatively you can increase your gain in Audacity or some third party program to boost the volume to where you see fit.

Regards,