DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Serato Club Kit vrs buying a mixer with Serato?

eightplex 11:45 PM - 20 April, 2015
So how exactly does this work? Is it different software? I've had a sl1, sl2, sl4, rane 57sl, and Rane 68 in the past so I've always had Serato Free and it's on all my computers. I'm buying a MP2015 and was told this will probably have 'serato club kit' - being I already have Serato how does this differ? I also have a Traktor License so depending on how much more cash I have to fork out for Serato - I may just move on.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 7:10 AM - 21 April, 2015
im in the same boat... just going to wait it out, im using traktor right now with the MP2015 and its pretty good, building all new playlist and crates ... kinda suxs but its also making me rediscover my crates and find some hidden gems.
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:48 PM - 21 April, 2015
The Club Kit does require an upgrade fee and is available for some mixers that don't have Serato built in such as the DB4, DB2, Pioneer 900 etc.
The MP2015 will simply be added as a compatible club kit mixer if and when its added.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 3:22 AM - 22 April, 2015
Quote:
The Club Kit does require an upgrade fee and is available for some mixers that don't have Serato built in such as the DB4, DB2, Pioneer 900 etc.
The MP2015 will simply be added as a compatible club kit mixer if and when its added.

Zach... I was all yours till the end , and you dropped that big "IF" on me! lol all good, waiting patiently.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:22 PM - 22 April, 2015
Believe me, I wish I didn't have to include that "IF" right now! All signs are pointing to GO but I can't say with certainty atm.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 9:59 PM - 22 April, 2015
Right on
musiclee 10:27 PM - 14 May, 2015
Rane MP-25 please!!!