DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Musikmesse Frankfurt 2015 review & DJ System for about 2500 Euros

Duri 4:59 PM - 20 April, 2015
WOW Yamaha had one hall for only there stuff! I could not listen to compare the DXR10 to the DXR12 or DXR15? Not so great.
RCF & db technologies: No listening possible. I talked to Mr. Jung from db technologies. He was very nice. I was thinking about the HD12a and the Sub 15H or he suggested the 18H?
QSC Stand: K12 and Ksub there for live perfomances by some musicians. The people just talked and nobody seemed to have the need to show me the speakers. Not great, I would say.
NEXO: They had some speakers there but nothing to listen to? A french salesperson was very nice.
KS Audio (A german brand): Big demo room. Very good sound but also pretty expensive. Two 8 Inch Tops called CPD 08 für 2800 Euros plus a 2x10" Bandpass sub called CPD B. Very fast and dry sound wow. great. for 1700 Euro. Very nice but to much money for me.
Kling&Freitag: Very nice but also to much money for me.
EV: They had the same setup listening room as in the NAMM Show in the states. The presentation was good overall. The EKX12P Top sounded good I would say. I liked the EKX15P Tops better. More even sound and nice even bass response. Both sounded not as Clear/smooth as a DXR12 in the other hall I thought! I know the DXR12 from Guitar Center in the states. I liked the EKX18SP. Good deep sound. The weight is low for an 18" sub. I like that alot. The EKX15SP was a little more precise and faster but had definately less deep bass. The ETX15SP was not there availiable to listen to?

The show did not help me as much as I hoped in making a decision. I wanted to buy/order something now!

I still think the DXRs are fine Tops for a very good price. I also liked the K12 o.k. I actually liked the Ksub better then the K12 Tops. The RCF HD12a I would have liked to hear, but there is nowhere near by a store that carries them. I liked the EKX18SP because it has DSP and you can adjust the modes like music, club and so on. It should be possible to get him to sound good with a DXR12 or so. Don,t you think?

Maybe two DXR10 or DXR12 and one EKX18SP, or Ksub
or stay with Yamaha DXS15 and get one or two?
or K12 and Ksub
or RCF HD12a and the db Sub15H? or even db sub 18H?

Toooooo many choices.....
Thank you.
Joee 5:20 PM - 20 April, 2015
Quote:
I liked the EKX18SP. Good deep sound. The weight is low for an 18" sub. I like that alot.

this is good news since the 18" is only 70lbs
 6 5:49 PM - 20 April, 2015
What good is a show if you can't listen to their products. That totally sucks

nm
Rebelguy 6:10 PM - 20 April, 2015
That's usually the norm at these conventions unless they set up dedicated booths or a room offsite.
Duri 6:11 PM - 20 April, 2015
You are right about that. I would have wished to listen more to the different systems.
Cheers.
Mr.Jace 7:04 PM - 20 April, 2015
Thanks for that quick review on the EV ekx15sp and ekx18sp subs. I was planning to buy a pair of the 15s. You say its not deep, now I might reconsider something different. Thinking about one ekx18sp or a pair of yorkville Ls720p. Ev ekx will be released here in the states on April 30, will hit stores in the first week of May. I still will give both ev subs a test run.
Duri 7:55 PM - 20 April, 2015
HI Mr. GRACE The Ekx18SP sounded fuller and deeper then the Ekx15SP in the Ev Demoroom. The Ekx15sp are a little more to the point but a little less deep. We are talking about small differences here. I want to be clear that the Ekx15SP sounded very good but the Ekx18SP goes deeper. The EKX18SP was a little slower sounding but not much at all. Hope that helps you.

Enjoy the test and please tell me your opinon.

Any ideas for me...
Thanks a lot.
Duri 7:56 PM - 20 April, 2015
Sorry I ment Mr. Jace of course..
Mr.Jace 9:25 PM - 20 April, 2015
Quote:
HI Mr. GRACE
Lmao. Thats cool. Yeah i knew what you meant about ekx15sp just being slightly less deep. I expected it. I downloaded the Ev ekx user manual. The specs are obvious, ekx15sp shows frequence roll off at -3db on 45hz and at -10db on 40hz where the ekx18sp shows -3db on 40hz and -10db on 35hz. On paper it looks like the ekx18sp might sound close to the qsc kw181 with slightly less headroom. I will keep my eye out for them, I am in the market for subs.