DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Best Option for Turntables

unrivuld 3:46 PM - 16 April, 2015
Hey guys!!

I have been reading and reading and finally I know what blunder I made when I sold my Technics M5Gs. Now I am looking for an option to buy new turntables and need your suggestions:

Stanton ST 150 or STR8150 (reviews say awesome, some say better than Technics, but Tone arm is of not great quality). I hate tonearm problems.

Reloop 8000s (Great light, but preferred with DVS)

DJ Tech SL1300mk6 (Great turntable, endorsed by DMC Online Championship)

I dig Stanton the most and am not so keep on Straight arm so ST150 will do the job. But users plz do say do they have a lot of tone arm / loose tone arm problems?
Gio Alex 4:02 PM - 16 April, 2015
Quote:
Hey guys!!

I have been reading and reading and finally I know what blunder I made when I sold my Technics M5Gs. Now I am looking for an option to buy new turntables and need your suggestions:

Stanton ST 150 or STR8150 (reviews say awesome, some say better than Technics, but Tone arm is of not great quality). I hate tonearm problems.

Reloop 8000s (Great light, but preferred with DVS)

DJ Tech SL1300mk6 (Great turntable, endorsed by DMC Online Championship)

I dig Stanton the most and am not so keep on Straight arm so ST150 will do the job. But users plz do say do they have a lot of tone arm / loose tone arm problems?

First off, RIP on those Techs. Secondly, what's your budget?
unrivuld 4:26 PM - 16 April, 2015
I can afford any of the above. I also want to take these tables for local touring. I wanna buy a very stable table for scratching
Dj Mcwhite 4:28 PM - 16 April, 2015
Would go with reloop 7000s. I own a pair of ST.150's great turntables but they are way too heavy to haul around.
Gio Alex 4:38 PM - 16 April, 2015
Quote:
I can afford any of the above. I also want to take these tables for local touring. I wanna buy a very stable table for scratching

I would say the 150s as well but they are tanks and weigh a ton. They were my ex's first turntables and I remember doing house parties with them.

Personally I like a plain ol' TT and I would go with a pair of MK2s or M3Ds for a good price.
unrivuld 4:46 PM - 16 April, 2015
is DJTech SL1300MK6 any good? Reloop works fine with vinyls? (read somewhere it works best with DVS, with vinyls it sounds hollow). Is Reloop's tone arm better with Stanton? and since u guys have worked with Stanton ST150.. is the tone arm loose / or have issue?
Gio Alex 4:50 PM - 16 April, 2015
Quote:
is DJTech SL1300MK6 any good? Reloop works fine with vinyls? (read somewhere it works best with DVS, with vinyls it sounds hollow). Is Reloop's tone arm better with Stanton? and since u guys have worked with Stanton ST150.. is the tone arm loose / or have issue?

Back when I used the Stantons I only used vinyl and had no idea what serato was lol.. this was 2005-2006. So I have that answers your question. I don't really recall issues with the tone arm, but that may be a thing that happens eventually? Not sure. can't speak for reloop since I have no experience with them.
Dj Mcwhite 5:05 PM - 16 April, 2015
Never had any tone arm problems either. I think there is a fix for it though if you know what you doing.
djnak 6:58 PM - 16 April, 2015
the st-150's are a solid build... tone arm issues are not really that bad....My recidency has a pair and are used 6-7 hours a day....

The reloop 7000 (not 8000) we have at our other location....haven't spent that much time on them but they are solid table

Both have high torque stanton are noticeably heavier than the reloops
unrivuld 11:43 AM - 17 April, 2015
another debate is that Technics 1210 is better than M5G. Never had my hands on 1210 so don't know. The tone arm balance and overall feel is better in 1210 than M5G is that true?

Moreover I have shortlisted to Stanton ST.150 or DJTech SL1300MK6. any priorities??
Gio Alex 5:11 PM - 17 April, 2015
Quote:
another debate is that Technics 1210 is better than M5G. Never had my hands on 1210 so don't know. The tone arm balance and overall feel is better in 1210 than M5G is that true?

What do you mean by 1210? There's a 12010 MK2, MK3D, MK3, MK4, MK5 and M5G. 1210 for the most part just means black. Although I do own a pair of 1200MK2s that are black.
unrivuld 12:41 PM - 18 April, 2015
Oh ok didn't know that.

I mean 1200MK2
DJ Irv 9:09 PM - 18 April, 2015
1210 meant black but mainly it meant it was dual voltage 110/220VAC. They where according to someone in Technics a little more reliable due to the simplification of some of the electronics. I had a pair of them for about 10years and they worked they same as the day i got them after 10years but, isn't that true of all Technics that are well taken care of?
dj_soo 7:50 AM - 20 April, 2015
Quote:

the stantons are pretty good, but if you're lugging them around, they are quite a bit heavier than techs...
Gio Alex 4:56 PM - 20 April, 2015
What I will say is the advantage of the ST-150 or PDX-3000 style turntables is that you can adjust the torque. You mentioned scratching so I just wanted to touch on that. The torque on those TTs are stronger than the Technics.

Besides that, I would personally buy a good used pair of Techs. You can sometimes find a pair for way less than a new pair of Stantons. But the Stantons are great, just heavy is all. Probably the heaviest DJ turntables.