Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Now Available: Serato DJ 1.7.4

11:00 PM, 13 Apr 2015
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
artkiver 1:30 AM - 14 April, 2015
Rane MP2015 support?

Please!

I want to buy the mixer (upgrading from my TTM57SL) because it looks AMAZING, but I would prefer to keep using the pedigree of DVS system I enjoy the most rather than going with a break out box or some other controller.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:32 AM - 14 April, 2015
Not currently artkiver, it would be amazing though we agree.

sam.
thejone 2:57 AM - 14 April, 2015
So can I use HID with this ?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 3:04 AM - 14 April, 2015
You can use HID mode with supported CDJs in Serato DJ - Watchwww.youtube.com
The Blend King 3:04 AM - 14 April, 2015
Is this update beneficial in any way for DJs using Pioneer's ddj-sz?
musiclee 3:13 AM - 14 April, 2015
Rane MP-25 DJ Club Kit

PPLLLEEAAASSSSEEEEEE
Deejay Rich 3:31 AM - 14 April, 2015
Where can I buy Karaoke files
SoHouston 4:57 AM - 14 April, 2015
Would this also be beneficial for the DDJSX2??
thejone 5:03 AM - 14 April, 2015
Quote:
You can use HID mode with supported CDJs in Serato DJ - Watchwww.youtube.com

YES!!!!! My dreams have now been fulfilled!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 5:30 AM - 14 April, 2015
Quote:
Would this also be beneficial for the DDJSX2??

This update is recommended for all Serato DJ users. You can take advantage of all the new features as well as all of the performance enhancements and bug fixes :)

sam.
band78 6:46 AM - 14 April, 2015
Any improvement to sound quality? Much better sound when using Rekordbox
bcatdclub 8:03 AM - 14 April, 2015
Still waiting for the return of the Bridge. What is taking so long?
lyricalb26 8:29 AM - 14 April, 2015
will the Bridge and serato dj ever work together ????
shelby 9:47 AM - 14 April, 2015
How well does the 1.7.4 upgrade work with Numark ns7ii? . Is this something I really need to upgrade too?
A_Jack 9:48 AM - 14 April, 2015
Awesome update! 1.8 is gonna be the bomb :D
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:49 AM - 14 April, 2015
Quote:
How well does the 1.7.4 upgrade work with Numark ns7ii? . Is this something I really need to upgrade too?

It's highly recommended and works better than any previous version.
ShonkaiDJ 11:42 AM - 14 April, 2015
Well...I just upgraded happy to find the usb 3.0 problem would have been solved. I was only able to use my CDJ900NXS in HID mode, K2 for midi controlled effects and SL2 (Not even 4) if I made sure I had:
- no mouse connected or my midi channel would drop and return, drop and return, drop and return
- made sure one CDJ was always connected through one USB bus and the other through the other (so one would always go through the 3.0 bus)
- the SL2 was not connected to the 3.0 bus because that would make the sound start to crackle (is that english?)

Now in 1.7.4 it doesn't matter what I try. Sound will always crackle. :-) I'm hopefully awaiting version 1.7.5 of this wonderly (-ful would be to much of the good for this kinda money) last piece of professional x86 software on my lappy.

Functionality: 9,5
Technical ability: 0.5
(Where everything below 5 would cause me to advice not to use this software in a live situation.

I reverted to the working setup with 1.7.3. To bad: no Karaoke for me.
ShonkaiDJ 12:15 PM - 14 April, 2015
I was just wondering if the Mac version is also a 32 bit application.
ShonkaiDJ 12:26 PM - 14 April, 2015
Yep: no problems in version 1.7.2 as long as the Rane is not connected to the USB 3.0. And I even just discovered I can also connect my mouse..:-D Happily ever after!
Dario L 2:13 PM - 14 April, 2015
Where can I acquire video FX?
Christ beats I. 3:32 PM - 14 April, 2015
What about my ice cream melting in the sun?
ShonkaiDJ 4:43 PM - 14 April, 2015
We're very sorry about the icecream. Why?
DJMIYAGI 5:49 PM - 14 April, 2015
Quote:
Where can I buy Karaoke files

When I did karaoke I used buykaraokedownloads.com and tricerasoft.com
dj dani iou-paiol 5:54 PM - 14 April, 2015
Como posso usar 1.7.4 no ddj sx
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:22 AM - 15 April, 2015
Quote:
Well...I just upgraded happy to find the usb 3.0 problem would have been solved. I was only able to use my CDJ900NXS in HID mode, K2 for midi controlled effects and SL2 (Not even 4) if I made sure I had:
- no mouse connected or my midi channel would drop and return, drop and return, drop and return
- made sure one CDJ was always connected through one USB bus and the other through the other (so one would always go through the 3.0 bus)
- the SL2 was not connected to the 3.0 bus because that would make the sound start to crackle (is that english?)

Now in 1.7.4 it doesn't matter what I try. Sound will always crackle. :-) I'm hopefully awaiting version 1.7.5 of this wonderly (-ful would be to much of the good for this kinda money) last piece of professional x86 software on my lappy.

Functionality: 9,5
Technical ability: 0.5
(Where everything below 5 would cause me to advice not to use this software in a live situation.

I reverted to the working setup with 1.7.3. To bad: no Karaoke for me.

Have you contacted support for help?

support.serato.com
eightplex 6:22 AM - 15 April, 2015
Ill also (again) request, pray, chant from the mountain top that I need the serato on th mp2015 as well. Just sold my 68. Ordered (back order) the 2015 and a, using a rane 57sl temp that I used to own. Can't go wrong with rane. Serato has to realize that. Next update please
ShonkaiDJ 11:32 AM - 15 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Well...I just upgraded happy to find the usb 3.0 problem would have been solved. (....)I reverted to the working setup with 1.7.3. To bad: no Karaoke for me.....

Have you contacted support for help?

support.serato.com

Well...at the moment I don't have a job and therefore, I don't have too much time to help support...
ShonkaiDJ 11:33 AM - 15 April, 2015
I'm sure it will all be solved..it always does.
Terpkore 1:02 PM - 15 April, 2015
Having one issue with the NS7II:
If I use the beat jump the track can actually just lose any audio for a second(managed to do this only on the right deck tho)...serato then switches to one deck as if there is no controller connected..
This also happened once when i launched to cue point...

The only reason I could think of would be that by beat jumping too fast the track has not yet been loaded in that spot thus resulting in a connection drop-out or something...
Foday stanley 9:23 AM - 16 April, 2015
Hi Folks, Is DVS really coming to NS7 II ?

I bought 2Numark TTX1 Turntables already because numark promise DVS support any time soon.

Please can anyone from serato help me out here cos am tired of waiting for this so called ns7 II to get Dvs.

Is DVS coming to NS7 II, Yes Or No ?

If Yes then When ?

If No, please specify so i can sell my ns7 ii and move to Pioneer Immediately. thanks
Eduart Bexho 12:16 PM - 16 April, 2015
1.7.4 it doesn't work when I I'm download1.7. 4 it's crash in both of my mac iMac and MacBook Pro the team has to fix the problem and to be in sync with the equipments in market it's 2015 the only reason I am using serato ( effect from isotope )that's it ,I suggest you people to try VirtualDJ 8 ( seroto it looks very good I like it outlooks but it doesn't work this 1.7.4
acemc 7:13 PM - 16 April, 2015
I don't get it?? Why didn't any of you guys complaining try the beta first? If you did, you would've discovered your problems & serato could've addressed them before the official 1.7.4 release. You guys are now gonna end up waiting a long time (until the next update is released) purely because you didn't participate in the public beta. You actually got yourself to blame.
UlisesJimz 7:32 PM - 16 April, 2015
I try this new version in beta,but not recognize my Denon 6000 mk2 controler, I have a mac pro with os x yosemite 10.10.3 system, initially tells me that is connecting to the controller but nothing happens and loses recognize now the right side tells me that I have an error with the license, but do not have any other version installed, help Serato please
ShonkaiDJ 9:22 PM - 16 April, 2015
Quote:
I don't get it?? Why didn't any of you guys complaining try the beta first? If you did, you would've discovered your problems & serato could've addressed them before the official 1.7.4 release. You guys are now gonna end up waiting a long time (until the next update is released) purely because you didn't participate in the public beta. You actually got yourself to blame.

Hahahahahahahaha
ShonkaiDJ 9:24 PM - 16 April, 2015
Good to hear the Macs are crashing...
DJ Frank Stallone 12:59 AM - 17 April, 2015
It won't let me update!!!! I get a message saying another version of this product is already installed. I currently have beta version 1.7.4 (1749467). Also when I chick on CHECK FOR UPDATES within the program- It says that I'm running latest version. PLEASE HELP!
DJ Frank Stallone 1:08 AM - 17 April, 2015
Error 0x80070666: Cannot install a product when a newer version is installed
Eduart Bexho 3:33 AM - 17 April, 2015
1.7.4 this is not beta version( apr 16)
Now Available: Serato DJ 1.7.4 buy Serato DJ((((( I don't know what means beta version????????? Maybe next year is going to be public version ,thank you Serato we waiting next year isn't to be better, maybe Serato can hire a technician from Apple professional technician I suggest to donate some money too Serato to fix a problem
Eduart Bexho 3:37 AM - 17 April, 2015
I am thinking of how to get the money back
ShonkaiDJ 12:40 PM - 17 April, 2015
Just stick to the guitar Eduart! Serato is great software and has been since scratch live. It's just this update that isn't what we'd hoped for.
But historically upgrading to new USB protocols has always taken a little time. Maybe it's because kiwi's always wake up the day before something new is presented.
ShonkaiDJ 12:40 PM - 17 April, 2015
Uhhhh....
ShonkaiDJ 12:42 PM - 17 April, 2015
Hey Frank...why don't you just hit the computer a couple of times?
acemc 2:34 PM - 17 April, 2015
Eduart.
A Beta version is basically a "TEST" version that is released to the public to try.
The feedback from us the user's, determines what needs to be fixed or worked on before the final "official" update is released. The 1.7.4 Beta was available for over 3 weeks (it could be more) in which time 3 different versions of the beta were released. Each release of the beta addressed issues that were raised by the users. Once the final beta is released & there are no more complaints, Serato then release the "official" update.
This is what you have now downloaded.
It is impossible for Serato to predict all the possible issues users can experience,
that's why they release a beta version before an official update.
I (and many others) am using a macbook pro with absolutely no crashes/problems.
Your only recourse now is to open a help thread & let one of Serato's staff try solve your isolated problem.
I hope you get it sorted, coz once you've experienced Serato,
I doubt you'll ever consider VDJ again.
Good luck.
Eduart Bexho 4:47 PM - 17 April, 2015
You will not receive any more email notifications about this particular discussion until you view the discussion again ////this is email Serato send me if you say agreed words you are with us either way we can help you anymore// this means :I leave you guys to find out
My friends( shonkaidj) to be a musician you can be a great DJ , and if you are DJ cannot be a good musician/ did make cents for you uhhhhhhhhhh
Serato, Support
Karl Y 5:28 PM - 17 April, 2015
You have to uninstall Serato DJ (the beta you installed earlier)

then you can install the final version
ShonkaiDJ 6:42 PM - 17 April, 2015
Eduart. (And i do realize you just left the building) I'm sorry. I am just in a very happy mood and it makes me make jokes out of everything. I don't mean to hurt any ones feelings nevertheless.
As for the DJ/ Producer/ Musician part. I still pick up my sax if I get frustrated by the digital means of entertaining people who like to dance. And I've been playing clarinet and sax since childhood. So I guess we agree on the subject.
Making the cents i do with IT jobs. So getting a bit frustrated or making a laugh out of not so well developed software upgrades or old fashions like x86 (32 bit). Make me giggle.
It is purely a survivors giggle. When I was younger I'd get frustrated and angry. That didn't work for me.
I guess if we'd met face to face, we'd be jammin'.
And I'd teach you everything I know about Serato. Cause although it may seem otherwise. I am a great fan of it.
DJ Frank Stallone 8:58 PM - 17 April, 2015
Quote:
You have to uninstall Serato DJ (the beta you installed earlier)

then you can install the final version

Karl,
Thanks for your help. So uninstall the entire program? Will this affect my settings? Cue points? Beatgrids? Crates?? Library??
Serato, Support
Karl Y 9:26 PM - 17 April, 2015
No, wont affect :-)
DJ Frank Stallone 1:52 AM - 18 April, 2015
Perfect- Thanks Karl!
Serato, Support
Karl Y 6:48 AM - 18 April, 2015
Sand 2:39 PM - 18 April, 2015
Quote:

I bought 2Numark TTX1 Turntables already because numark promise DVS support any time soon.

Please can anyone from serato help me out here cos am tired of waiting for this so called ns7 II to get Dvs.

If Yes then When ?

If No, please specify so i can sell my ns7 ii and move to Pioneer Immediately. thanks

+1
DJCes87 5:40 PM - 18 April, 2015
I'm having trouble with playback on the NS7II
It always seems to stutter instead of playing the song instantly. At first I thought it was hardware related b/c the right side of the deck only does this but it could be software related b/c with 1.7.2 I have absolutely no issues with this.
Any suggestions?
DJLLOYDLIVE 4:40 PM - 19 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

If Yes then When ?

+1
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:36 PM - 19 April, 2015
Hey everyone that's reporting issues here. It's really not the best place.

I only say this because we have a whole support team available to help with all your questions. If you have an issue, it's best you contact us so we can investigate. If we can resolve it via troubleshooting, great! If not, we can log it a a bug and actually push for it to be fixed in an update.

We've done a huge amount of work on the last few updates and are pretty confident right now Serato DJ is performing better than ever. If there's something going wrong, we'd love to help find out what it is.

Please get in touch with our team if you require help - support.serato.com

Cheers,

Sam.
UlisesJimz 2:01 AM - 21 April, 2015
Clean mi mac from anothers olds versions from Serato and instaled the new version (1.7.4 free for 14 days) whit yours send my and..... working perfect!,thanks, next im shopping the total version
Code:E 2:54 AM - 21 April, 2015
Hey Samuel or any Serato Rep. Can i get some more detail on the "EQ coloured waveforms" and what mixers are supported. Pertically what Pioneer mixers support this and if it could be setup so that any mixer could be MIDI mapped to control it.
DJ张抽抽 8:25 AM - 21 April, 2015
更新的太快了 这么快就更新到1.7.5了 支持 !
ShonkaiDJ 9:42 AM - 22 April, 2015
Quote:
I'm having trouble with playback on the NS7II
It always seems to stutter instead of playing the song instantly. At first I thought it was hardware related b/c the right side of the deck only does this but it could be software related b/c with 1.7.2 I have absolutely no issues with this.
Any suggestions?

Same here. 1.7.2 is perfect. No need to uninstall before installation.
maarawoe 10:06 AM - 22 April, 2015
Why is the sound quality not being actively worked to be improved when there is so many voices saying that it REALLY doesn't as good as it shuld?
DJLLOYDLIVE 8:35 PM - 27 April, 2015
Quote:
Hey everyone that's reporting issues here. It's really not the best place.

I only say this because we have a whole support team available to help with all your questions. If you have an issue, it's best you contact us so we can investigate. If we can resolve it via troubleshooting, great! If not, we can log it a a bug and actually push for it to be fixed in an update.

We've done a huge amount of work on the last few updates and are pretty confident right now Serato DJ is performing better than ever. If there's something going wrong, we'd love to help find out what it is.

Please get in touch with our team if you require help - support.serato.com

Cheers,

Sam.

PLease, CAN WE GET A DVS SUPPORT FOR NUMARK NS7MKII
Terpkore 8:44 AM - 28 April, 2015
Quote:
Hey Samuel or any Serato Rep. Can i get some more detail on the "EQ coloured waveforms" and what mixers are supported. Pertically what Pioneer mixers support this and if it could be setup so that any mixer could be MIDI mapped to control it.

It just changes the color if you affect the frequencies.. for example if you take out the mids and highs, the waveform becomes red, because bassssss ir red ;)