Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video Problems solved!

DJRB1 7:32 PM - 29 March, 2015
Hi DJ's & Serato Techs. just sharing my problem solved...
I had issues with serato dj video for a while now , some videos wouldn't work but worked great with my other program VDJ PRO. 7.4 and VDJ Pro 8 but prefer Serato and all of my videos are MP4 format and analysed also with mixed in key and I was asking myself why wouldn't serato play those videos, after checking with serato's tech many times nothing would work,

After searching many places on the net for answers and found a place where they were talking about decoder and codecs, here what I did to fixed it, I searched for my decoder called(decoder FFV) and in (Directshow) box , I click on the little box ad scrolled it down and found "NO LIMITATION" and check it.... then after I went in the same place but on the left hand side clicked on "CODECS" and enabled everything that was disabled and checked on "libavcodec"...and tried again my Serato DJ video and everything worked just fine with those same videos that didn't even want to start and only the audio would. Maybe some of you already knew about this but this might help someone else ....

the PC spec :

Dell XPS 9100 studio
12 mb ram
2tb hard drive
I7 , Nvidea GForce gts 450 , 1 gb

hardware: Pioneer DDJ S1 with Serato DJ Video with all firmware up to dated.

DJRB
Code:E 4:19 PM - 30 March, 2015
Glad to hear that you got it working. but every PC is different and what worked for you may not work for anyone else in the world.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:32 PM - 30 March, 2015
I doubt you'll be able to record with it though.

My PC will play the videos (70/80 fps) but the moment I try to record a video set, the CPU ussage goes through the roof and Serato starts dropping frames which makes the recorded video look like it's stop photography or something and it's an i7 with 16 gigs and ram and a 2gig Nvidia card!!

Serato has come along way on the PC side but in my opinion the way it's wrote it'll never be good enough to match the Mac side unless they rewrote it yet again.
DJRB1 5:19 PM - 30 March, 2015
I don't record videos, the only thing I wanted was to have my videos sync with the audio as this was also a big problem and videos freezing up and others wouldn't even work when everything is in MP4 and analysed. VDJ Pro is the best for working with videos at this time with PC or Mac..no doubt about it. I'm wondering why Serato couldn't copy the way video works with VDJ? it would be so simple...I prefer working with Serato DJ and now that my problem is fixed and hopefully nothing else comes out of this, I'll be happy. Yes agree with you on the Serato Pc versus Macs.
DJRB1 5:23 PM - 30 March, 2015
and very true regarding the differences in pc's we work with and all different .

Ron. aka DJRB
skinnyguy 6:08 PM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
..VDJ Pro is the best for working with videos at this time with PC or Mac..no doubt about it. ....

pc, agreed. mac, disagree.
djnak 7:22 PM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
..VDJ Pro is the best for working with videos at this time with PC or Mac..no doubt about it. ....

Um M.E. 3 was released today...whats all this VDJ Pro crap???
DJRB1 9:04 PM - 30 March, 2015
VDJ Pro , well mine is the pro one that I paid for unlike lots of peoples do hack them..., and it's not crap cause it works very well with videos...it does the job...M.E. I can't say anything about it because it's new to me and certainly not interested in buying another program, all I care is Serato DJ Video to work without any hickups and everything will be great!
Code:E 9:25 PM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Who they fuck said that.... Someone needs a cat scan.
DJRB1 9:39 PM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:

LOL I said that! and never had video problem like I do with my Serato DJ & video program...anyway my point is that I hope Serato comes up with a better video solution to all the hickups...

someone mention M.E. 3 and I will check it out to see if this would be a better option to work my videos with Serato DJ ... Thank you guys for your comments

Code:E 9:55 PM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
LOL I said that! and never had video problem like I do with my Serato DJ & video program...anyway my point is that I hope Serato comes up with a better video solution to all the hickups...

They have Serato Video is the Basic Amature software and ME is the Advanced Video mixing software.
DJMark 4:14 AM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:
certainly not interested in buying another program

You better hope the people who hire you to DJ don't feel the same way about paying.

Cheap people: impediments on the path of progress.
skinnyguy 5:50 PM - 31 March, 2015
djrb1 - you'll need a mac first.
DJ Chavo Del 8 7:52 AM - 21 December, 2018
Quote:
Hi DJ's & Serato Techs. just sharing my problem solved...
I had issues with serato dj video for a while now , some videos wouldn't work but worked great with my other program VDJ PRO. 7.4 and VDJ Pro 8 but prefer Serato and all of my videos are MP4 format and analysed also with mixed in key and I was asking myself why wouldn't serato play those videos, after checking with serato's tech many times nothing would work,

After searching many places on the net for answers and found a place where they were talking about decoder and codecs, here what I did to fixed it, I searched for my decoder called(decoder FFV) and in (Directshow) box , I click on the little box ad scrolled it down and found "NO LIMITATION" and check it.... then after I went in the same place but on the left hand side clicked on "CODECS" and enabled everything that was disabled and checked on "libavcodec"...and tried again my Serato DJ video and everything worked just fine with those same videos that didn't even want to start and only the audio would. Maybe some of you already knew about this but this might help someone else ....

the PC spec :

Dell XPS 9100 studio
12 mb ram
2tb hard drive
I7 , Nvidea GForce gts 450 , 1 gb

hardware: Pioneer DDJ S1 with Serato DJ Video with all firmware up to dated.

DJRB

just tried it bro...didnt work for me running an asus i7 8gb with 2gb nvidia gtx850m
sersto really needs to get its shit together