Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

I can't activate my Serato DJ

DjAldex 4:20 AM - 29 March, 2015
I bought a Serato Dj before, but why is it that I cannot activate my software to my new computer? It seems to be that I need to purchase it again, does my purchase of the said product has expiration?
Davideon 7:02 AM - 29 March, 2015
Did you deactivate your licence on your old computer?
Serato, Support
Sam GG 9:39 PM - 29 March, 2015
Hey DjAldex,

There is no expiration for your Serato DJ license. It sounds to me like you need to deactivate your old computer. If you still have it available try opening up serato DJ and deactivating all licenses from the "My Serato" window. After that try activating the license on your new machine.

If you can't get access to your old computer you should get in touch with support, they should be able to give you a hand: support.serato.com

Cheers, Sam
DjAldex 2:08 AM - 4 April, 2015
I can no longer deactivate the old one because it's broken and I send it to the store for warranty replacement. Is there anything else that I can do rather than buying it again?

I also have a Virtual Dj and its working perfectly in my new laptop without deactivating it in my old once.

I hope someone can help me with this coz I really love using serato in my gigs.
Serato, Support
Lucas S 4:20 AM - 11 June, 2015
Hi DjAldex,

Thanks for that information! In order to deactivate licenses from a specific computer you dont need to have access to that computer. Simply install the software on a separate computer, follow the steps below then click on 'Deactivate all products' in the online panel once you've logged into the 'My Serato' window.

To manage your Serato licenses:

• Open Serato DJ.
• In the bottom right hand corner of the screen you'll see a tab labelled 'My Serato', click this.
• Enter the email address used when you purchased Serato.
• Enter password.
• You will see a list of all the Serato products available.
• To activate a product click on 'Activate'
• To deactivate licenses so you can activate on a different computer, click on 'Deactivate all products'.

Hope this helps DjAldex, if you need further assistance get in touch with us over here support.serato.com so we can help!

Cheers
DjAldex 11:46 PM - 14 June, 2015
Thank you for the reply's and assistance!

Cheers! and MABUHAY from the Philippines!