DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Best vehicle for mobile DJs?

Smoke21 9:43 PM - 27 March, 2015
Hello, just wondering what would be the best vehicle mobile djs are using to take their stuff... Im looking to buy a new ride pretty soon and well pretty much my setup is a dj coffin 15" speakers, poles, cables, x stand/4ft table. Most of you will pretty much take the same things as me but some take subs and thats my main point on what vehicle would take all this plus qsc subs and still have some room left. Thanks any feedback would be appreciated
Smoke21 10:15 PM - 27 March, 2015
Well i meant SUV. I know a van will fit that and more but im talking about a SUV. Sorry gor not being specific
Code:E 10:25 PM - 27 March, 2015
Do you need to put people in your auto also? If I was buying a vehicle for mobile use I would get something that hauls a ton and has no fancy panels inside the vehicle to get cracked or scratched. bpfoc.ford.ca
Cuervo 12:44 AM - 28 March, 2015
Here you go...

Watchwww.youtube.com
rayjthedj 2:25 PM - 28 March, 2015
Be ready to grow a little, with lights and other things. Buy once, cry once, and get a minivan.
Smoke21 4:14 PM - 16 November, 2017
So i know this topic is 2 yrs old but now i have upgraded and added 2 subs ... 4 moving heads... dj facade... 4 tops (if necessary)... speaker poles.... uplights... amd thats about it on top of my head... any new suggestioa on midsize suvs or any other type of vehicle for movile djing .... thanks
Rebelguy 7:38 PM - 16 November, 2017
Quote:
So i know this topic is 2 yrs old but now i have upgraded and added 2 subs ... 4 moving heads... dj facade... 4 tops (if necessary)... speaker poles.... uplights... amd thats about it on top of my head... any new suggestioa on midsize suvs or any other type of vehicle for movile djing .... thanks

A minivan would be your best option but you won’t get any cool points for driving it around.
Smoke21 7:44 PM - 16 November, 2017
Lol well trying not to get a mini van but a spacious enough suv
HighTopFade 8:02 PM - 16 November, 2017
1998 Ford Expedition. They're pretty dependable
Mm3 9:09 PM - 16 November, 2017
I was anti minivan till I got one! black Sienna SE; plenty of room for the family and gears for my gigs! Low enough to haul stuff in and out easily too.
Rebelguy 10:02 PM - 16 November, 2017
Quote:
I was anti minivan till I got one! black Sienna SE; plenty of room for the family and gears for my gigs! Low enough to haul stuff in and out easily too.

Yup. That's what I use.
Sharod 5:19 AM - 17 November, 2017
Sienna dude here too. Works out pretty good.
O.B.1 7:01 AM - 17 November, 2017
I drive a Chev Suburban.
It fits quite a bit of gear if you can master the tetris.
Next I'm thinking of getting a full size van, possibly one with high ceilings like a Dodge Sprinter with the mercedes diesel engine.
DJKayce 4:09 AM - 21 November, 2017
Toyota Sienna here. Fits all my speakers and still more room for a guest at the front seat. 2 yorkvliles, 4 pioneer xprs12, 1 EV ZXA1(Monitor), 4 speaker stands, DJ Controller, A case with Mic, a bag full of cables.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:28 AM - 30 June, 2018
Just bought more stuff for the handful of mobile work I do. 2 subs 2 tops some lights.

I planned to use the partners Seat Ateca mid size SUV initially but too much hassle as she couldn't drive my previous car a BMW 520D F10 Sedan. So I traded in for the BMW 520D Touring.
deezlee 6:03 PM - 30 June, 2018
I took my subwoofer with me when shopping for a vehicle. It fit behind the back row of seats in the Honda minivan so I got that. The Honda and the Toyota are supposed to last forever but the Toyota is way smaller.
DJ Reflex 6:00 AM - 2 July, 2018
I bought a used Culligan utility van a few summers ago... best thing ever!
Taipanic 9:53 PM - 2 July, 2018
Old thread but here's a guideline from Best to Worst:

High topped Cargo Van
Regular Cargo van
Honda Odyssey minivan
Any other minivan
Any full size SUV
Any smaller SUV

This is assuming you are carrying proper gear regularly - subs, tops, lighting, truss, facade, table, etc... and may need to bring a helper.
I went from a Cayenne Turbo to an Odyssey. Made me cry but carries way more gear. Also, my Odyssey gets tore up from all the gear going in and out. Best to buy a cheaper work van rather than a pricey daily driver.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:49 PM - 2 July, 2018
I live in Ireland and the cost of motor insurance is prohibitive. I looked into buying a banger van as a gigging vehicle.

Car cost 1200euros but insurance wanted 2000euros. I already pay 1200 a year for my daily driver.

That idea quickly went outta the door.
HK1200 7:37 PM - 19 July, 2018
youtu.be

Nissan seems to be speaking to us directly here.
Robbie O 3:08 PM - 20 July, 2018
Depending on if you wanna whip that looks dope on the outside and your willing to drop around 7-10K. I'd recommend Police Chevy Tahoes. I just picked up an All-White 2013 State Trooper Tahoe. Interior isn't the best, the outside is Cleaaaaaan.
deejaybman 7:28 PM - 10 August, 2018
Ford Transit or Connect.
Hationlove 8:05 AM - 12 March, 2019
Why don't you save on buying a jay car? As far as I know, she is worth a decent day, my cousin has been saving up for her for a very long time. Now it’s quite realistic to buy half the price of a used car, especially one that is so specialized, it’s enough to use www.faxvin.com to honestly check the dealer for buying a truck for a VIN decoder. Who does he think?
DTweed 2:18 AM - 14 March, 2019
4Runner I can flip seats down and fit truss plus all my speakers and lighting. It gets no better
Taipanic 5:58 PM - 15 March, 2019
Recently picked up a GMC Yukon XL. Two rows of seats fold flat, lots of room with the XL. V8 tows my 16 ft trailer with ease. Been averaging 18mpg, 11 mpg with trailer. Super nice ride if you only have one vehicle.
DJ GOODFOOT 7:05 AM - 20 March, 2019
Nissan NV - looks awful but holds a ton of gear. Much more affordable than a suburban or similar and holds way more. Also, you can put a heavy duty lock and cage in the back to keep everything secure.