Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

"SEARCH AND REPLACE" or "RELINK" for duplicates and multiple tracks

Philimoto 8:26 AM - 26 March, 2015
Hi there!
First of all - this suggestion has nothing to do with the "Relocate lost files" function ; )

A feature that would be great for the future would be a „SEARCH AND REPLACE“ function or maybe "RELINK" function.

Sometimes you have a tune more than 1 time in your library.
Lets say there are "File A", "File B" and "File C" but all 3 files are e.g. „Busta Rhymes - Thank you"

And maybe you use "File A" in some playlists, but in some other playlists "File B" or "File C"…
Search and Replace would be awesome to tell Serato to „Delete files B and C and replace all their links in different playlists with file A".

An other example:
You used to play a "tune X" and have it in many playlists. But from now on you don't want to play the original "tune X", because you did a Remix of the tune that is much more proper.
So you use the function to replace all "tune X" with "tune X RMX".

This feature would help some of us saving hours when rebuilding our playlists and cleaning our library.
DJ Boom Bap 12:02 AM - 27 March, 2015
+1. Very helpful if you are a member of more than one mp3 pool.
Philimoto 9:48 AM - 8 April, 2015
no one else with the same problem?
Heltino 5:50 PM - 8 April, 2015
a simple "delete duplicates" within a playlist would be a huge step forward.
loved that with Traktor....
BleedR 10:57 AM - 13 April, 2015
How will you decide which duplicates to delete?
the 256 or the 320kbit? The one that has boosted volume or the one with low volume?

No way this is doable!

I'm spending each month a few hours of cleaning my library of files no longer needed...
Philimoto 11:50 AM - 13 April, 2015
Quote:
the 256 or the 320kbit? The one that has boosted volume or the one with low volume?
I'm spending each month a few hours of cleaning my library of files no longer needed...

Thats why i would like to have the "relink" funktion.
To tell Serato - delete this specific "Track XX 256kbit" and replace all its links in different playlists with file "Track XX 320kbit".

Of course - you will have to choose your track-to-replace manually - but you don't have to drag and drop it in every single playlist again.

For me this would help saving hours every month.
BleedR 2:44 PM - 13 April, 2015
The "relink" sounds nice in that case. So you can put the file in the crates the other ones are in, and delete those manually, as it's not possible to view in which crates a file is :/
Jah Army 4:47 PM - 13 April, 2015
+ 1000

this feature would be awsome!
Heltino 8:45 PM - 13 April, 2015
Quote:

No way this is doable!

pretty simple doable. just delete in case the file is identically.
same file size, same creation date, same file name, same ID tag.
works with Traktor sind many years perfectly.

of course you can't sort out multiple files by auto in case we are talking about different files.
that would be to risky as, you mentioned, there is no real waterproof way for the software to decide which (and if).
Philimoto 7:25 AM - 14 April, 2015
Quote:

you won't have same filesize when you have the same track in 256 and 320 kbps.

and of course you won't have the same creation date when you get the same track a second or third time via other promo pools.

think you talk at cross purposes?
Heltino 3:07 PM - 14 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

you won't have same filesize when you have the same track in 256 and 320 kbps.

and of course you won't have the same creation date when you get the same track a second or third time via other promo pools.

think you talk at cross purposes?

I can´t have the same track in 256 and 320.
In this case I have two copies of the same track.....so file size is different.

And by the way: such stuff is easy to sort out.
Use MP3tag over your complete music folder, sort by track title...delete the 256 versions.

I was talking about the case that you´ve inserted the same track more than one time into a playlist...or that a smart playlist has already sorted the track into it and you add it by mistake.... that is what Traktor can solve by one click: delete duplicates.
(and gain: two different files is for a software two different tracks.)