Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Searchable Library Columns

rolymaz 1:31 PM - 23 March, 2015
In Itunes, if you sort a column and then type the first few letters of your search term, Itunes jumps to the track you have started to spell. It would be great if Serato could do this too. It would make finding tracks far quicker than using the search box.
JackGregory 6:42 PM - 23 March, 2015
It does. If you sort by song it searches song titles and if you sort by artist it searches artists.
rolymaz 8:15 PM - 23 March, 2015
As an example, say i'm trying to find all my ZZ Top tracks. In Itunes, i simply click the Artist column header to sort the column by artist and then i just type "zz". Immediately Itunes moves to the first artist matching "zz" without the need to use the search bar

If i try this in Serato DJ nothing happens except the column sorts.

Bug?
JackGregory 8:18 PM - 23 March, 2015
Just tried this in Scratch live & DJ and it worked how you describe in both. Although I'm currently using an old windows laptop, it could be that this doesn't work in Mac OS? I'll try to test later unless someone knows the answer?
rolymaz 7:21 PM - 24 March, 2015
thanks 'll open up a bug report too.
rolymaz 12:29 PM - 25 March, 2015
Lucas from Serato shared this with me:

If you have 'Playback Keys Use Shift' function turned on from the Serato setup menu, you will notice if you go to your library and select artist then type the first letters of the artist Serato will jump to the artist name you are typing. The same goes for the 'Song' name column!

You learn something every day!
JackGregory 7:12 PM - 25 March, 2015
I always have that function turned on which must be why it worked when I tried it.