DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane 64 and midi transport messages?

fluxsta 10:05 AM - 21 March, 2015
Hey guys,
Loving my 64 I picked up the other day. I am unclear about the midi functionality and had a question about how to control start stop messages with ableton and other drum machines/external synths.
Does the Rane send start stop messages as it says it does? i have configured correctly and press 'shift+tap' as stated but the transport doesn't seem to move on ableton or indeed on any of my other outboard gear? if it is a straight start stop message then surely it should affect and start the transport of any device set to receive it? i have scoured the forum and support pages and google and so far haven't found an answer?
Any suggestions? What an amazing mixer it has to be said though.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:32 PM - 24 March, 2015
Hey fluxsta,

We spoke via email regarding this issue. Did you get this sorted?
fluxsta 9:22 PM - 24 March, 2015
Hi Zach. Not had a chance to try and rectify it yet. Will report back 😃 thanks man
djalnasty 4:24 PM - 30 March, 2015
i am trying to do the samething with my 64 where should i start???
fluxsta 10:36 PM - 30 March, 2015
youtu.be

This should help you 😃

Ps Zach..... I got things moving eventually with my MPC Renaissance hooked up instead of maschine but the tempo lock is tight really? Probably an Akai midi bug. Looking to try with ableton as well. ThanKS for your help