Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Will Serato Dj Work On Windows 10

morgan s 7:25 PM - 20 March, 2015
I just wanted to know, will Serato Dj be compatible with Windows 10 when it is released in April 2015 (which is next month).
Davideon 7:38 PM - 20 March, 2015
Eventually it probably will. I'll just go hit 88mph in my DeLorean and find out
ltoiau20 7:47 AM - 21 March, 2015
i think yes it will work on Windows 10
deejdave 5:27 PM - 22 March, 2015
Working and being supported are two different things. It's probably a safe bet that Serato will NOT be supporting Windows 10 in April 2015 though.................. unless BBD is back yet...........
Serato, Support
Sam GG 8:33 PM - 22 March, 2015
Hey Guys,

Just like any OS update for Windows or Mac we don't expect there to be too many issues, however, we do not recommend that you use the new OS in a performance environment until we announce official support. Keep an eye on future release notes for the time being.

Cheers, Sam
morgan s 7:28 PM - 23 March, 2015
Thanks sam I was thinking that I should wait till its officially anounced to work with windows 10
DJ Compiler 11:41 PM - 23 March, 2015
I would just like to throw out there that April will most likely be the developer preview. The official release is scheduled for this summer.
deejdave 11:47 PM - 23 March, 2015
I have had Windows 10 preview for over two months now. www.computerworld.com

It is..................... ok
DJ Compiler 11:52 PM - 23 March, 2015
That's the technical preview. I also have it running on a tablet I own. The developer preview releasing in April will be close to feature complete and be more finalized than the builds me and you are using Dave.
deejdave 12:03 AM - 24 March, 2015
So when is the official release date? I was under the impression it was the end of April. Admittedly I don't follow much of Windows. At least not as much as I used to.
DJ Compiler 12:27 AM - 24 March, 2015
Microsoft so far has only said this summer. Much like Serato they don't like to give concrete dates for anything. Haha. Such is the nature of the business.
morgan s 7:57 AM - 24 March, 2015
Ok thanks compiler
morgan s 9:17 PM - 1 June, 2015
will windows 10 work yet with serato dj its just been properly released and i have the free update in the bottom right corner of my screen .im on windows 8.1 thanks
DJ Compiler 9:38 PM - 1 June, 2015
Doesn't get released officially until July 29. It's still in development. Serato hasn't released official support yet but you can give it a whirl at your own risk. I wouldn't advise using it in a live situation though.
morgan s 10:24 PM - 1 June, 2015
Im not going to take the risk im going to wait until it is officially confirmed that serato dj is compatible with windows 10 but its still exciting and thanks for the quick response DJ Complier
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:39 PM - 1 June, 2015
I wouldn't expect support till at least mid 2016
DJ Compiler 12:01 AM - 2 June, 2015
Don't worry Sparky you're already set with SSL so it doesn't make any difference to you :P
The Return of Dj Sparky 3:01 AM - 2 June, 2015
indeed it doesn't, maybe when it supports windows 11 sdj will be up to scratch
morgan s 2:08 PM - 28 July, 2015
Quote:

damn really
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:15 PM - 28 July, 2015
We're testing Windows 10 currently and barring any major issues coming up, we hope to announce support in an update sometime soon.

I can't say exactly when though right now sorry!

It will be supported in a Serato DJ update though :)

sam.
DJ Compiler 11:33 PM - 28 July, 2015
Thanks Sam. Glad to hear you guys already have the ball rolling :)
BleedR 6:41 AM - 29 July, 2015
Quote:
Hey Guys,

Just like any OS update for Windows or Mac we don't expect there to be too many issues, however, we do not recommend that you use the new OS in a performance environment until we announce official support. Keep an eye on future release notes for the time being.

Cheers, Sam

Well with Yosemite you hit rock bottom, whit drivers not working and dropouts with the 1.7.2 betas... and actually till now unresolved issues... Even officially supported by now!

Quote:

You mean official support? Possible! But working with no issues is way too early bro!
AlxRyde 8:46 AM - 29 July, 2015
1.7.6 is working on my end on Win10. Windows waveforms is laggy as ever, but no crashing in the past few minutes I've been hamming on it. Don't have Serato Video, but PnT and Flips appear to be functioning.
morgan s 7:45 PM - 29 July, 2015
Quote:
1.7.6 is working on my end on Win10. Windows waveforms is laggy as ever, but no crashing in the past few minutes I've been hamming on it. Don't have Serato Video, but PnT and Flips appear to be functioning.

I literally have the download button right infront of me what shall i do shall i go for it
morgan s 8:11 PM - 29 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I literally have the download button right infront of me what shall i do shall i go for it
Infact i will wait ,what will a little harm will it do
DJ Compiler 8:15 PM - 29 July, 2015
There's supposed to be an option to roll back to your previous version of windows as well so if something goes wrong during your testing (don't do it in a live gig situation) then you can always go back to what you know works
AlxRyde 10:04 PM - 29 July, 2015
In the past I've never trusted that rollback option honestly. I've always run into some sort of insane driver bug that happens post-rollback, and I end up just restoring from a disk image.

Point being, if you want to take the plunge but you want to be sure you have a backup option, make an image backup of your system first using a utility like Macrium Reflect Free, the built in imager in Windows 8, Acronis, etc. Using the restore disc from those solutions will allow you to hard reset your hard drive back to the state it was before you upgraded, instead of letting Windows try to work its tomfoolery in remembering what the heck it installed in the first place.

I have a restore image on hand...however I was supposed to make a dual boot anyways xD, so I'm just letting Win10 sit on my system as is.
deejdave 1:48 AM - 30 July, 2015
I just downloaded Windows 10 on my two Win laptops. Loving it so far.......... very streamlined. Even more so than the dev previews.
DjJombag 2:03 AM - 30 July, 2015
Installed Win10 had an issue with cortana and serato dj. Something to do with the mic. Anyway I disabled cortana (since I dont think ill be using it) and everything seems to be good.
morgan s 10:26 AM - 30 July, 2015
Quote:
Installed Win10 had an issue with cortana and serato dj. Something to do with the mic. Anyway I disabled cortana (since I dont think ill be using it) and everything seems to be good.

Quote:
I just downloaded Windows 10 on my two Win laptops. Loving it so far.......... very streamlined. Even more so than the dev previews.

Could you to please tell me if there is any problems in the first month of having windows 10 if not then i'll download it
morgan s 4:17 PM - 30 July, 2015
Im gonna download it tomorrow i can't wait im not gonna be patient with this one lol
DJ Jazzy-Lu 5:14 PM - 30 July, 2015
I find it amazing how when I go on Pioneer DJ website right on home page they talk about Windows 10, go to serato, nothing. Go to VDJ at least they have a link but still on the forum.
I guess only the hardware people are on their game. No one is expecting an answer we all know it takes time to test.
That's just IMO.
Davideon 5:43 PM - 30 July, 2015
Quote:
I find it amazing how when I go on Pioneer DJ website right on home page they talk about Windows 10, go to serato, nothing. Go to VDJ at least they have a link but still on the forum.
I guess only the hardware people are on their game. No one is expecting an answer we all know it takes time to test.
That's just IMO.

There's been plenty of mentions by the reps in the forums.
boabmatic 8:15 AM - 31 July, 2015
and here...

support.serato.com
boabmatic 8:16 AM - 31 July, 2015
and here too..
serato.com
anthracite98 7:41 PM - 31 July, 2015
I am working a MS event and have 5 DJ's running windows 10. Scratch Live has had no issues beyond having to plug in mixer before starting SSL. SDJ worked fine on my initial testing but I haven't done any long sets. SSL has been running perfectly for 8+ hours with no hiccups.
keepitcruzin 8:19 PM - 1 August, 2015
Windows 10 working fine w sdj so far no hiccups as of yet, still can't get serato video to run but we're getting there.
binar 9:14 AM - 7 August, 2015
Anyone got links to the drivers you need for Windows 10 please? Without those I'm reluctant to upgrade my laptop to W10, I don't to be unable to DJ!
keepitcruzin 5:30 PM - 16 August, 2015
FYI for for all PC guys. I'm running windows ten on I7 quad core 8 gb ram on a Lenovo u 530 using a 2 tb external and so far no problems. Using Serato DJ version 1.7.7 Played a 4 hr set last night, no video just audio and it ran great. @ home it's hooked up to my SL2 box and still no hiccups, Video and Audio w/ full effects running buffering on 2. They just might have figured this thing out. Also, I didn't need any additional drivers. I'll keep you posted!
keepitcruzin 5:32 PM - 16 August, 2015
Last night was on my ddj-sx, still waiting to see what it does w/ my SL 2 box and my 1200's in a live set?Hmmmm
DJ 3W the Water Walkin Warrior 9:48 PM - 16 August, 2015
Going to give it a try. Have a wedding this coming Saturday and busy September. Sounds like there haven't been an issues with SDJ though, according to the reports here.
NYC DJ Sten 3:10 AM - 17 August, 2015
Been Using it for 2 weeks with no issues. Using the original unsupported Scratch SL (not SL1) on my HP I7 with 6gb ram 64bit and time code vinyl with Stanton ST-150's and have noticed improved performance since upgrading the laptop from windows 8 to 10. Did the straight upgrade without any loss to drivers and serato files.
binar 9:30 AM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
Last night was on my ddj-sx, still waiting to see what it does w/ my SL 2 box and my 1200's in a live set?Hmmmm

cool - thanks for the above guys...

Very interested in this, you have the same kit as me!
Tommy Deem 11:35 AM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Guys,

Cheers, Sam

Well with Yosemite you hit rock bottom, whit drivers not working and dropouts with the 1.7.2 betas... and actually till now unresolved issues... Even officially supported by now!

Quote:

You mean official support? Possible! But working with no issues is way too early bro!

Have been using yosemite since release and it works great.
morgan s 11:12 PM - 18 August, 2015
Quote:
Windows 10 working fine w sdj so far no hiccups as of yet, still can't get serato video to run but we're getting there.

Same here but i dont use Serato Video it's just like windows 8.1 i don't even realize it;s Windows 10
morgan s 11:15 PM - 18 August, 2015
Quote:

I had a similar problem but i like using cortana so i just keep her off in the settings when using Serato DJ and turn and then enable her again beacause i like to have reminders for important dates
keepitcruzin 12:37 AM - 22 August, 2015
Ok here's a lil update. Ran Serato DJ internal w/ video running. all effects on Full for 24 hrs straight w/ a loop running. Put my PC to sleep have way through went to work, came home woke it up and serato was still running Perfectly smooth and the loops were in perfect sinc. I'm still in Awww. Going to put it through a thorough beating asap w the decks hooked.
DJ Silver SC 5:25 PM - 22 August, 2015
Ran Serato DJ with Windows 10 during a scratch session last night on an older computer with no problems. Think I'm going to upgrade my newer computer Win10. I'll post a follow up.
saNppa 2:29 AM - 27 August, 2015
Here's a funny thing: Old ITCH works on Win10, Serato DJ doesn't. Seems that SDJ can't find the hardware. I tried with DDJ-SX, Akai AMX/AFX and Novation Twitch. Twitch'n'ITCH worked smoothly. As you may guess, I had to downgrade the OS.

Dear Serato, are you having holiday season? Win10 didn't come by surprice, did it? All the other software worked fine. Yours is the only (and the most improtant for me and my job) obsticle going to Win10.

If it seems too damn hard, make DDJ-SX and Akai AMX/AFX compatible with ITCH. I know you don't wanna develop old software, but hey, it's the one that works on Win10.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:10 AM - 27 August, 2015
Quote:
Here's a funny thing: Old ITCH works on Win10, Serato DJ doesn't. Seems that SDJ can't find the hardware. I tried with DDJ-SX, Akai AMX/AFX and Novation Twitch. Twitch'n'ITCH worked smoothly. As you may guess, I had to downgrade the OS.

Dear Serato, are you having holiday season? Win10 didn't come by surprice, did it? All the other software worked fine. Yours is the only (and the most improtant for me and my job) obsticle going to Win10.

If it seems too damn hard, make DDJ-SX and Akai AMX/AFX compatible with ITCH. I know you don't wanna develop old software, but hey, it's the one that works on Win10.

What a load of old tosh you just spoke! Read above and other threads many many are using those devices with win10 fine!

Did you try any troubleshooting steps? Like uninstall the drivers and reinstall. The same with sdj uninstall and reinstall the newest version?
Tommy Deem 11:33 AM - 27 August, 2015
Quote:

Dear SaNppa are u having holiday season. SDJ works great with win10 :)
saNppa 11:51 AM - 27 August, 2015
I tried all the above including compatability modes and different driver versions. The same thing every time, SDJ can't find hardware. Windows can find them and all the other software can use find them and use them as a sound card.
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:21 PM - 27 August, 2015
Quote:
I tried all the above including compatability modes and different driver versions. The same thing every time, SDJ can't find hardware. Windows can find them and all the other software can use find them and use them as a sound card.

Very strange yo are the first person i have seen report this.
Taco Bello 2:10 PM - 27 August, 2015
I had upgraded my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. When I try to launch Serato DJ nothing happens. It shows it is running in the task manager but will not display. I reverted back to Windows 8.1 and it works fine again.
Heltino 9:05 PM - 27 August, 2015
tested a reinstallation under win10? (including hardware driver)
tested a clean installation of win10?

just launch after an OS upgrade is the strategy with the lowest chance to suceed :)
DJ Silver SC 3:30 AM - 28 August, 2015
Serato DJ runs fine for me with Win10
Mista Unknown 2:58 PM - 30 August, 2015
Anyone tried SDJ and the Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 with Win 10 yet?
Tommy Deem 3:00 PM - 30 August, 2015
Mista Unknown 3:28 PM - 30 August, 2015
Quote:
tested a reinstallation under win10? (including hardware driver)
tested a clean installation of win10?

just launch after an OS upgrade is the strategy with the lowest chance to suceed :)

I will be receiving a Windows install disc from my laptops refurbishing company soon. I think it may be Win10. If so I will be running SDJ on a clean Win10 install. If it's a Win7 disc, which is what I have now, I will be upgrading to 10. Either way I will post back how it all works out for me.
Heltino 8:54 PM - 30 August, 2015
you can during the upgrade process or at any time create your own win10 disc!
www.thewindowsclub.com

by the way I did as well an upgrade.
win 8.1 to win10.
after the upgrade I' ve installed the latest version of my controller driver and SDJ 1.7.7.

runs so far pretty smooth...no issues.
DaveJWK 1:29 PM - 20 September, 2015
For me the display mode drop down menu does not appear. The bar at the top of the display only as the time, a cpu meter, volume, quantize, medi asign, help, and setup.

Does anyone know of a fix or a work-around?

Loving Windows 10, though...
Dj Lothario 10:10 PM - 22 September, 2015
I had an issue with vci-300 (yes I still use this lol) the platters touch sensitivity did not work. I right clicked on the serato desktop icon and hit troubleshit compatability and it changed some settings and it worked. So maybe you guys could try that if you have any issues.
deejdave 10:50 PM - 22 September, 2015
Could you elaborate on this? What settings were changed?
Dj Lothario 1:07 AM - 23 September, 2015
I have no clue, it adjusted some settings and told me to test the program and it worked and asked if I wanted to save those settings which I did.
keepitcruzin 12:18 AM - 24 September, 2015
Update! Been running windows 10 and serato since July release date and have no problems to report runs very smooth TGOD. Did use it live Sat. w no hiccups. Sl2 tech 1200 and DJM 909 ran great. Also have have used it multiple time w my ddjsx and No problems to report!
As Serato says Cheers:)
The Funk Society 9:44 AM - 24 September, 2015
Had no issues with Serato DJ and Windows 10 and I use it for a couple of hours a day, just a driver crash for my Denon MC6000 MK2, which I may be on top of right now, still testing though....
AdrianO84 1:53 PM - 25 October, 2015
I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 and I would like to buy a Pioneer DDJ-SB2. I want to know if a could have any problems installing dj software and using controller
binar 4:04 PM - 25 October, 2015
Rane SL2 with W10 anyone?
keepitcruzin 7:01 PM - 25 October, 2015
Yes Sl 2 and windows 10 runs good no hiccups so far, forgot to report my one crash w ddj sx. Thinking it was my fault, ran 2 external drives and ddjsx through a hub, that's a no no...haven't had a problem since w w10
morgan s 10:33 AM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 and I would like to buy a Pioneer DDJ-SB2. I want to know if a could have any problems installing dj software and using controller
I dont really know, so i will ask my friend as he has a surface pro 3, you'll have to wait 2 days as i wont see him untill Saturday, UK time.
Culprit 5:21 PM - 29 October, 2015
Tip, you wont get audio drop outs in windows 10, but if your a video dj, you sacrifice mix emergency.
DJ Capo1 9:06 PM - 29 October, 2015
WIndows 10 is officially supported by Serato with 1.8, about time lol
Mista Unknown 9:24 PM - 29 October, 2015
Actually I think that was pretty fast. Lol. Considering I heard it took over a year for Win 8 support. Nice to hear tho. Anyone using Numark NV with Win 10?
DJ Capo1 9:39 PM - 29 October, 2015
I would suggest checking numark's site. I have a pioneer & they are officially supporting Windows 10 now too
Mista Unknown 9:55 PM - 29 October, 2015
When did 1.8 drop?
keepitcruzin 1:23 AM - 30 October, 2015
Ran my ddj sx w 1.8 and windows 10 tonight ran Great! Think I'm might run it tomorrow w the 1200 and sl2 box. Prayers needed!
DJ Compiler 1:25 AM - 30 October, 2015
Quote:
When did 1.8 drop?

Yesterday
keepitcruzin 1:31 AM - 30 October, 2015
It's out now! Dropped yesterday, was hard connecting though they got swapped and bogged down. Got it this morning, re downloaded again just now just in case!