Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Club Kit with Serato DJ 1.7.4 Public Beta

2:15 AM, 19 Mar 2015
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Niranjan 1:38 AM - 31 March, 2015
i own a SL3 box must i still buy the club kit to use the DJM900 nexus without the SL3 box?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 3:11 AM - 31 March, 2015
Hi Niranjan,

You still need to purchase the Club Kit.

The Rane SL 3 supports Serato DJ plug and play as a Serato DJ Enabled interface - it doesn't give you a license to use other hardware.

Sam.
Wojciech 5:59 AM - 31 March, 2015
I don't understand:

"Purchase a Club Kit license or connect your hardware and activate a FREE trial in the My Serato window in-app."

and...

"If you already have a Serato DJ license, connect to these mixers and use them as if they were a controller without platters. However, to use Control Vinyl or CDs, you need to purchase the DVS expansion pack."

So, if i don't have full version of Serato DJ, i can use trial of Serato Club Kit and try for free my DB2 with Noisemap, but i if i already have Serato License, i need to buy Club Kit?
Wojciech 6:02 AM - 31 March, 2015
Edit: "For users wanting to trial Club Kit support for these mixers, this can be done within the ‘My Serato’ panel in Serato DJ, or on the Serato online store."

When i connect my DB2 to latest Serato Beta (1.7.4) i can only purchase Club Kit form in-app window, there is now way to start trial.
Duncan5.0 1:47 PM - 31 March, 2015
Hello- I'm interested in the Club Kit for 900nxs, however, if I load the software for Serato, will it delete the preloaded Traktor software or can I still either as needed?
Brayce 6:09 PM - 31 March, 2015
Hi,

Just would like to know, i've downloaded the Serato 1.7.4 beta, it works with my DJM 900NXS, i'm also using Serato DJ, would like to know how i can control the video faders and effects without using any midi settings ? thanks
Eduardo Serrano 6:44 PM - 31 March, 2015
I don't get it, what is this Club Kit for? I have the SL4, the DJM 900NXS, and use Serato DJ. what will this Kit do for me? Or why would I need it?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:05 PM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:

So, if i don't have full version of Serato DJ, i can use trial of Serato Club Kit and try for free my DB2 with Noisemap, but i if i already have Serato License, i need to buy Club Kit?

No that's not the case. If you don't have a Serato DJ license you can try the Club Kit it for 14 days for free.

If you do have a license, you just need to purchase the DVS Expansion Pack to use Noisemap, not the whole license bundle.

If you don't buy DVS though, you can still use the mixer just without vinyl/CDJ control and use Serato DJ in INT mode.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:06 PM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:

When i connect my DB2 to latest Serato Beta (1.7.4) i can only purchase Club Kit form in-app window, there is now way to start trial.

Do you currently own a Serato DJ license or have you used a Serato DJ trial previously?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:06 PM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:
Hello- I'm interested in the Club Kit for 900nxs, however, if I load the software for Serato, will it delete the preloaded Traktor software or can I still either as needed?

No this won't happen. Installing our software won't affect any other software on your computer.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:07 PM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:

Just would like to know, i've downloaded the Serato 1.7.4 beta, it works with my DJM 900NXS, i'm also using Serato DJ, would like to know how i can control the video faders and effects without using any midi settings ? thanks

Hey there, you need to activate MIDI on your 900NXS.

As per the blog post:

"In order to use software features that require MIDI such as Serato Video faders, EQ effects and EQ coloured waveforms, users will need to turn on MIDI on the mixer. This is a button labelled ‘On/Off’ in the MIDI section on the top right of the mixer."

sam.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:08 PM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:
I don't get it, what is this Club Kit for? I have the SL4, the DJM 900NXS, and use Serato DJ. what will this Kit do for me? Or why would I need it?

The Club Kit allows you to connect directly to the Pioneer DJM-900NXS as well as other Club Kit supported mixers like the DJM-850 and Allen and Heath Xone:DB4 / DB2.

It's a Serato DJ and DVS Expansion Pack license bundle which unlocks these mixers for direct plug-and-play support - without the need for an interface such as the SL 4.

sam.
Eduardo Serrano 9:19 PM - 31 March, 2015
Sam,

So, what you are saying is that the SL4 has become obsolete?
deyone 10:25 PM - 31 March, 2015
If I've already purchased a serato interface AND serato video am I offered any discount on serato DJ or DVS?

Seems silly that I would have to pay in full just to be able to plug my laptop directly into my djm850 mixer.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:57 PM - 31 March, 2015
Hi deyone,

Purchasing those products doesn't give you discounts on further Serato products i'm afraid.

Your interface allows you to connect to any mixer you like and is plug-and-play with Serato DJ. It doesn't give you a license to use other products though i'm afraid. To use Club Kit supported mixers, you need to have a license.

Sam.
Eduardo Serrano 3:13 AM - 1 April, 2015
Why in the world, I would pay more (for a license) if what I have already do what the Club Kit does, someone explain that to me?
deyone 3:21 AM - 1 April, 2015
Sam, so to plug directly into my djm850 and use my turntables, what more now do I have to purchase?

It seems like a lot of extra cash just to remove my SL1 box from the equation
Eduardo Serrano 3:24 AM - 1 April, 2015
@dayone,

Quote:

SL1? You must remove it regardless you buy the kit or not. Serato DJ does not support the SL1. Scratch Live and SL1 is way to old technology.
DJ Duben De Fresh 3:41 AM - 1 April, 2015
Hi, i have SL4, SP1, DDJ-SX + Serato Video Plug-in. Do i need to buy The Club Kit or the DVS Expansion Pack license bundle also?
DJ Duben De Fresh 3:49 AM - 1 April, 2015
Then i think i will sale all my stuff and start using rekordbox, just plug the laptop direct to the CDJs and DJMs with just a network cable. For FREE. No extra license package or payment.
Eduardo Serrano 4:03 AM - 1 April, 2015
the Club Kit WILL NOT work for your DDJ-SX. The DVS Expansion Pack will is not supported for the DDJ-SX.
Deejay Steve 9:53 AM - 1 April, 2015
As I understand it, The Serato Club Kit & DVS is an additional add on which most DJs would not need to purchase if they already have an SL2 to SL4 or a controller which already opens up Serato DJ such as the DDJ-SX. I own a DDJSX & an SL4 box so the Club Kit & DVS add on is not needed at all.
I would have considered this before I bought my SL4 as my old SL1 box is not compatible with Serato DJ so might have been a more cost effective way of upgrading without buying another SL Box. That said, if Club Kit only works with certain mixers it might not be for everyone yet anyway.
Marph 10:56 AM - 1 April, 2015
Hi, what about the DDJ SZ? I own a DDJ SZ, Serato DJ Video and a SL3.

Which extension Kit do i have to buy?

Thanks

Martin
Deejay Steve 11:46 AM - 1 April, 2015
No kit required as the DDJSZ is the same as the DDJSX, it makes Serato DJ fully operational via USB
Eduardo Serrano 3:36 PM - 1 April, 2015
@ Deejay Steve

Quote:
No kit required as the DDJSZ is the same as the DDJSX

You are wrong on one account; the will kit DOES NOT support the DDJ-SX at all.

The DDJ-SZ is DVS enabled (no need for DVS expansion pack)

@ Marph

Quote:

You do not need the kit, your controller already has that capability.
Marph 3:41 PM - 1 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

You do not need the kit, your controller already has that capability.

Thanks for your help :-)
Eduardo Serrano 4:02 PM - 1 April, 2015
@ Marph and DeeJ2y Steve

Check this video
Watchwww.youtube.com
Deejay Steve 4:20 PM - 1 April, 2015
I thought dvs was on the ddjsz & on the ddjsx2 as an add on so you are right as both are DVS ready but most people won't need it for basic use Eduardo
Deejay Steve 4:25 PM - 1 April, 2015
Great video DDJSZ is DVS enabled so doesn't need the upgrade but it's twice as expensive as the SX. Well spotted :-)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:25 PM - 1 April, 2015
Quote:
Why in the world, I would pay more (for a license) if what I have already do what the Club Kit does, someone explain that to me?

Then you don't have to buy it because you already use a supported interface...

If you want to use these mixers by connecting directly and don't own an interface or would like to be able to go to clubs and connect directly to their gear, you would buy it.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:27 PM - 1 April, 2015
The Club Kit is also nothing to do with Serato DJ Enabled controllers like the DDJ-SX or DDJ-SZ. These controllers don't require any licenses.

It's just for people who wish to use Serato DJ by connecting directly to Club Kit supported hardware (Pioneer DJM-900NXS, 850, Allen and Heath Xone:DB4 / DB2).
Buan 10:52 PM - 1 April, 2015
I purchased DVS pack for mixer amx akai. Work will in djm850?
djed 4:50 AM - 2 April, 2015
just to make it clear. i own SL1 SL3 RANE61 RANE62
DDJ SX this units are certified serato dj enabled already
no need to buy any serato license execept for any expantion packs

just bought Allen&Heath DB2 and i did not know that there will be an CLUB KIT that will enable my internal sound card to use for serato dj to me i think its a bonus!
djed 4:52 AM - 2 April, 2015
oops sorry not SL1 my bad:)
JannikH 6:59 AM - 2 April, 2015
I want to use 2 XDJ1000 and DJM900nxs. What Package do I need to buy?
Marph 8:04 AM - 2 April, 2015
Quote:
The Club Kit is also nothing to do with Serato DJ Enabled controllers like the DDJ-SX or DDJ-SZ. These controllers don't require any licenses.

It's just for people who wish to use Serato DJ by connecting directly to Club Kit supported hardware (Pioneer DJM-900NXS, 850, Allen and Heath Xone:DB4 / DB2).

So if i do understand correctly - if you want to connect the Mixer directly to Serato DJ for using ist without DDJZ or SL2/3/4 you need to buy it. No matter what you already have bought - DDJ ZS and SL3 in my case...
DeeJay Staas 12:00 PM - 2 April, 2015
DVS For Akai Amx , and the Club Kit, is the same thing ?
Serato, Support
Matt P 9:43 PM - 2 April, 2015
Quote:
DVS For Akai Amx , and the Club Kit, is the same thing ?

Not entirely, you still require the Serato DJ license.

The club kit is a discounted price to buy both licenses at the same time.

Club Kit = Serato DJ + DVS expansion pack

Matt P
Serato, Support
Matt P 9:44 PM - 2 April, 2015
Quote:
I want to use 2 XDJ1000 and DJM900nxs. What Package do I need to buy?

To use that setup with Serato DJ, you could just purchase the Serato DJ license.

Matt P
Serato, Support
Matt P 9:46 PM - 2 April, 2015
Quote:
I purchased DVS pack for mixer amx akai. Work will in djm850?

You will still need to purchase the Serato DJ license to use the DJM850 soundcard.

Matt P
Serato, Support
Matt P 9:51 PM - 2 April, 2015
Quote:
Hi, i have SL4, SP1, DDJ-SX + Serato Video Plug-in. Do i need to buy The Club Kit or the DVS Expansion Pack license bundle also?

You don't really need to purchase this as you have a SL4 interface.
The only reason then would be convenience.
You could give it a try and see if you prefer it to the SL4.
However there are pro's and cons to both :)

Matt P
Serato, Support
Matt P 9:54 PM - 2 April, 2015
Quote:
Sam, so to plug directly into my djm850 and use my turntables, what more now do I have to purchase?

Well, you don't have to remove the SL1, but as you know, the SL1 isn't supported in Serato DJ. So, moving forward you may consider selling the SL1, and just using the DJM850 with the Club Kit.
As explained above, you can try it out for 30 days to see if you like it before purchasing :)

Matt P
Paprika 11:07 AM - 5 April, 2015
So with DDJ-SX2 that its DVS upgrade ready this "club kit" will work no problem ?
dJcSc 11:30 PM - 6 April, 2015
It's complete nonsense, not only the Xone Db4 is extremely expensive.
I already have 3 serato licences, spread between bundles and upgrades from hardware, because of stuff like this. With Serato Video and packs. I bought a Rane 68 that doesn't need an upgrade, why would you charge to use hardware you already sold?

It's like selling a Tv, then Sony charging for you to use the second HDMI input.... you have a great product, but you really have to consider what many djs can really afford.
DJ SRR 10:17 AM - 8 April, 2015
I'm still a bit confused, sorry. So if I have a sl3 that that equal me having a license already, or not. Do I have to purchase a license or does that mean that I already have it since I bought my sl3 like 4 years back. I have a djm900nxs and going to get cdj2000nxs or the new 1000 that just came out. I sold my beloved technics.
Deejay Steve 11:37 AM - 8 April, 2015
For me it's simple. If you have an SL2,3 or 4 then you just use that and do not require dvs or license
DJ SRR 12:07 PM - 8 April, 2015
When i do party's i do take everything, it would be one less thing i take. Just wondering the sound quality though between both. If i sell my sl3 wouldn't i almost break even?
Takis Ks 9:18 PM - 8 April, 2015
i got the club kit and try it on the 900 nexus without cdjs. No problem so far... So just connect the cdjs on nexus line inputs and will work with timecodes? Any other way to connect the cdjs with the mixer? Digital maybe?
DJ SRR 9:51 PM - 8 April, 2015
Do i need to put time ode cds?
DarylC 7:42 AM - 14 April, 2015
Hello, if I use the CDJs in HiD mode, do I need to get another else other than a Serato license?

Will it be possible for me to turn up at a gig with my laptop and 3 USB cables (1x mixer, 2xCDJs)?
jayp1974 2:29 AM - 30 April, 2015
Lets say the club has a djm 900 nexus and i'm playing back to back with another dj who is using an SL box. Both of us using turntables. What are my setup options.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:39 AM - 30 April, 2015
You can connect directly to the DJM-900NXS and then just switch over by switching to USB on a free channel on the mixer. Then mix out of the other DJ and then switch the other channels to USB and you'll be away laughing.

Sam.
jayp1974 4:37 AM - 30 April, 2015
Hi Sam. What if The SL box is a SL2, SL3 where the outputs from the box are line outs with the thrus software activated. The club kit turntable setup calls for the tables to be plugged into the phono inputs.
jayp1974 4:45 AM - 30 April, 2015
The club has Technics so they are phono only.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:30 PM - 30 April, 2015
Then when you have a free channel, you can just disconnect the turntable from the last DJs SL interface and connect to the phono input on the mixer.

Repeat with the other channels when you've mixed in your first track.

Sam.
DJ II Suite 11:09 PM - 8 May, 2015
Here is where my confusion sets in. I have an SL4 and connected my Allen & Heath Xone DB2 while the SL4 was connected after the trial period. My Serato advised me to buy the DVS Expansion pack. I purchased this and after i unplugged the SL4 My Serato then advised me yo purchase Serato DJ. On purchasing Serato DJ (Club Kit) i can now play with the SL4 connected . The only issue now is i have paid for DVS Expansion pack which i will not need to use. Can i get a refund on the DVS Expansion pack?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:44 PM - 10 May, 2015
Hey there,

You still need to have both a Serato DJ license and DVS Expansion Pack to use the Allen & Heath Xone:DB4 without the SL 4 connected if you use Control Vinyl or CDs.

The SL 4 doesn't require any licenses and is plug-and-play with Serato DJ and DVS.

I'd hit up sales@serato.com if you've accidentally bought the DVS Expansion pack twice.

Sam.
swilson1210 10:23 AM - 6 June, 2015
I've just purchased clubkit and I am trying to set up timecode cd's.

When I'm following the guide it says there should be an 'input setup' option under the 'audio' tab in 'setup' menu. This is not showing on my screen, All I can see is 'primary deck' option.

I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm completely new to Serato so any help is appreciated.

thanks
sizzles 11:19 AM - 9 June, 2015
So i have a Serato DJ license and i'd like to use it on a DJM-900NXS and 2 CDJ-2000NXS running on HID with a powered USB hub. (A setup which requires a SL box as an interface prior to the update)

Do i still need the DVS expansion pack after the update to make the above setup work without an SL box?

And also, what are my options if another DJ is taking over after me with the same sort of setup.
DJ SRR 4:14 PM - 10 June, 2015
Can i use a djm900nxs with the club kit with 2 cdj2000nxs without using time code cds
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:20 PM - 10 June, 2015
You sure can. In that case if you use the CDJs in HID mode you only need to have a Serato DJ license and not the DVS Expansion which comes with the Club Kit bundle. USD $129 rather than USD $169.

Sam.
Edwin koh 6:14 AM - 11 June, 2015
Hi everyone I m buying my first cdj set up
But I'm confused by which mixer to get
After the serato club kit launch on djm nexus
And nexus have an record out so o can do external recording .

I was planing on

djm 900 srt and 2x cdj 2000 nexus + Sp1

Because it's less complicated to me just plug and play , but only have one usb which chance over of DJ need to play MP3

Any advice ?

And geting djm nexus + club kit is more expensive then djm 900 srt

Should I get djm nexus + club kit
Or djm srt

To use serato DJ
Which one is a better choice in terms of flexibility and in long term basic

Pls advice;)
Appreciate
jayp1974 6:18 AM - 11 June, 2015
The club kit for djs who play out at clubs with a 900 ( or any other clubkit ready mixer ) so they don't have to walk with an sl box. If it's for home or mobile use and you never play clubs get the srt.
Edwin koh 6:44 AM - 11 June, 2015
My main reason for upgrade is maybe I have chance to mix in club and practice on a same set

Should I buy cos it's seems the upgrades and expansion are phasing out the cdj and mixer

Maybe into a digital world
Edwin koh 7:56 AM - 11 June, 2015
To play serato video using djm 900 nexus + club
Kit set up better

Or djm 900 srt

Or sx2 plus dvs activated
Cheddar 1:02 PM - 25 June, 2015
I have 2 CDJ 900 Nexus with the DJM 750 K Pioneer mixer. Will Serato eventually support that mixer? I have a Serato Dj license due to the fact I also have an NS6.
Cheddar 1:06 PM - 25 June, 2015
Basically I would like to know will the club kit support the DJM 750 ?
jayp1974 2:38 PM - 25 June, 2015
No. Only the 850 and 900nxs from pioneer
Cheddar 6:18 PM - 25 June, 2015
Quote:
No. Only the 850 and 900nxs from pioneer
Thanks..It would be nice if Serato supported that mixer. Its in the same series as 850. I've been using Serato DJ with my NS6 but upgraded to the CDJ'S and the DJM 750. I had to switch to Traktor...as you know there's no need for a extra sound card.
Entro 4:47 PM - 15 July, 2015
Question: Do club kit mixers support FLAC/ALAC files?

I know Pioneer CDJs only support MP3/AAC/WAV/AIFF, so if these mixers contain the same sound cards, are only those file types supported?

Or does this not apply since the audio data is coming over USB from SDJ? (which does support FLAC/ALAC)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:30 PM - 15 July, 2015
Hey NDKelly,

The file format support is all handled in Serato DJ, it's purely audio by the time it hits the mixer :)

You'll be all good with both those file formats.

Sam.
AlfredoR. 8:06 PM - 16 July, 2015
Samuel. I already have a license which my DDJ SX came with, and i just purchased an AKAI AMX and i plan to use it with the DVS expansion. The question is.. What should i do with the license the AKAI AMX comes with? Can i sell / entitle it to another person?

Thanks
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:56 PM - 16 July, 2015
Hey Alfredo, your DDJ-SX doesn't come with a license to use other devices with Serato DJ, it's just a supported plug-and-play device with Serato DJ.

Your Akai AMX also does not come with a Serato DJ license. That particular hardware is "Serato DJ Enabled" meaning that it just works plug and play without any licensing.

Sam.
TYRONEPAULSEN 9:47 PM - 23 July, 2015
I find some of the answers very vague and confusing wrt having to buy the dvs expansion kit and a serato dj license.

I don't get the statement that with my DDJ-SX its plug and play with Serato DJ, as per some explanations, however all your users were and are under the impression its a serato license. We purchased those items because of the serato software and controller match up. Hence a licensed version of serato dj was shipped with it or is that not the case. It says so on every sold product?

I also have an SL-3 which I use when I'm at clubs, which works with my version of Serato DJ, which I am under the impression is licensed, is that correct or is if also just "plug and play".

My question is and I suspect most guys here may have, at some venues there are now DVS compatible equipment, i.e. pioneer mixers & I would like to use if, why must I buy another full license or club kit, why can I not just purchase the expansion kit to allow me to use the hardware with my existing Serato license ?

It all seems a little bit of a rip off for users whom already have DVS interfaces who purchased the kit with software to do it all again?

Make the plug-in/expansion pack available for users with dvs interface to purchase as an add on. Its like telling me if I use a pc or mac I need to pay again for the OS license to use a new USB Keyboard and mouse.

Please answer my questions in point form so we can clearly understand what Serato is actually trying to say as your responses are very vague and not answering your consumers questions?

Thank you
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:36 AM - 24 July, 2015
There's two categories of products:

Serato DJ Enabled - These do not require a license as they are designed to work plug and play with Serato DJ. If you have one of these devices, they just work with Serato DJ out of the box. This doesn't give you a license to use other hardware with Serato DJ.

Serato DJ Upgrade Ready - These products require a Serato DJ license. If you have a Serato DJ license you can use any Serato DJ Upgrade Ready controller with the software.

You can see the full list of these products here and what is what: serato.com

Cheers,

Sam.
Entro 4:04 AM - 29 July, 2015
Is it possible to set up four channel mixing with a club kit mixer and the Allen & Heath Xone:K1?
Djdiegodelaguila 6:45 PM - 13 August, 2015
Serato DJ 1.7.7 does not recognize My DJM-900 NEXUS!

I Have the Club Kit but it says ''DJM 900 Nexus Hardware Failed to connect. Please try again''

PLEASE HELP!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:33 PM - 13 August, 2015
Hey man, i'd contact support here: support.serato.com

They can help out :)

sam.
DiscoBlake 8:43 AM - 23 August, 2015
So i used the 900 Nexus with my 2 v7's, as when it came out, we were doing a lot of shows, but the mixer is killer effects/sound wise. I felt really put out that an updateable firmware unit (my djm-900nxs) was replaced by the 900NXS-srt edition. (The djm-900 was traktor plug n play, which meant you didnt need a dvs soundcard, you could just plug your computer in at a show and rock, in theory.) So I have never used traktor, that was not the selling point, it was the quality of sound. (Thanks btw for adding the better x/fade with the srt edition of this mixer asses! :P)
I just want to say that Serato is king for making this happen. The main reason i bought the ns7II was because i couldn't afford two new turntables worth their salt, and the SERATO control box for a traktor mixer, and the tonal records. So as I have been trying to learn how to juggle, cut, scratch, and generally kick ass on the decks, I have been wanting to practice on vinyl.
Can I use old Serato midi vinyl if I purchase the licenses with my denon turntables?
DiscoBlake 8:48 AM - 23 August, 2015
Quote:
Hi everyone I m buying my first cdj set up
But I'm confused by which mixer to get
After the serato club kit launch on djm nexus
And nexus have an record out so o can do external recording .

I was planing on

djm 900 srt and 2x cdj 2000 nexus + Sp1

Because it's less complicated to me just plug and play , but only have one usb which chance over of DJ need to play MP3

Any advice ?

And geting djm nexus + club kit is more expensive then djm 900 srt

Should I get djm nexus + club kit
Or djm srt

To use serato DJ
Which one is a better choice in terms of flexibility and in long term basic

Pls advice;)
Appreciate

To be honest the SRT will prolly have less bugs, and my only gripe is the cut-in on the 900nxs crossfader is pretty bad. the SRT version they replaced the x-fader... :/
But tbh I would only want to buy wither of these again with all these new features if I could have a mini innofader put in. (bricking a 2k$ mixer is not a good thing, it would be best to send mine off..)
DiscoBlake 8:52 AM - 23 August, 2015
Quote:
It's complete nonsense, not only the Xone Db4 is extremely expensive.
I already have 3 serato licences, spread between bundles and upgrades from hardware, because of stuff like this. With Serato Video and packs. I bought a Rane 68 that doesn't need an upgrade, why would you charge to use hardware you already sold?

It's like selling a Tv, then Sony charging for you to use the second HDMI input.... you have a great product, but you really have to consider what many djs can really afford.

You have an excellent point. My two v7's each activate. my ns7II activates. I have all the flips, effects, and shh.) I shouldnt have to buy new licences when I have "3" under my account.) however I do not mind the charge on the pioneer because we were left for dead on the 900 NXS
(not owning cjd's) and this was somethign either company didn't have to do, but it was nice they did.

But outside of that, If my friend brings over his 100$ unit and it wont turn on on my Serato that's bunk.

Although these guys deserve the damn loot because Serato you have come a long, long way baby. So proud, never bashed, but seriously. We need a special cases team...
djkurve 3:22 AM - 20 September, 2015
So here's my question. How do I know if I actually have a license/licenses for Serato DJ? I primarily have been using SDJ over the years with the Rane 62 and DDJ SX2.

Also I recently used a clubs DJM 900Nexus SDJ Club Kit (14 day trial mode) with the CDJ 2000 Nexus (HID Mode) Everytime I open my SDJ to prep/add music it keeps counting down the days left in my trial. After my trial expires am I going to have to buy SDJ to use my 62 and DDJ SX2?
BDM 9:58 AM - 12 November, 2015
I'm still lost, these instructions are really not clear.

I own 2x CDJ 2000NXS and a 900NXS-SRT

Needed::
- Serato DJ Club Kit
- USB hub
- 2x USB Cables
- 1 USB to mini USB to connect to my Macbook

Set Up:
- Connect the CDJ2000NXS via the usual phono cables to the mixer?
- Connect the USB connection on the CDJ to the USB hub (for both decks)
- Connect the hub now to my Mac
- Set the Nexus to USB mode?

Or am I totally confusing myself? I cant not find any diagrams online for this?
jayp1974 8:31 PM - 26 December, 2015
This should help. youtu.be
PJ. 9:23 PM - 30 December, 2015
Can i use the trial mode with my Akai AMX?
Fribbley 9:00 AM - 13 January, 2016
Hi there, I own both SL4 (home setup with turntables) and a DDJSZ (for playing out) - If I want to play at a gig with 2x CDJ 2000NXS, turntables and a 900NXS-SRT and not take any hardware except for my laptop (and say timecode vinyl) what licences (if any) do I need to buy in order to use Serato DJ with timecode? Or what if I just want to use the CDJS in similar fashion to my controller so just in HID / Midi mode? (Is that just the same as a controller but not using timecode)
Thanks
Fribbley 9:12 AM - 13 January, 2016
Edit: What if the mixer was not a 900NXS? Cheers
Fribbley 9:12 AM - 13 January, 2016
Sorry was a 900NXS (Not the SRT model)…
Jay Free 2:18 AM - 4 February, 2016
Sorry because I'm sure this has been asked but can ANY DJM-900 work with a DULL SDJ download? No club kit required?
tk_marley 4:29 PM - 5 February, 2016
Can the djm 750 run the club kit it has same features as the djm 850
Rem 12:05 AM - 28 February, 2016
nxs2 set?
DJ SRR 9:02 PM - 16 June, 2016
So I have a djm900nxs, 2 cdj200nxs, and a sl3. If i purchase the the software serato dj tool kit will it force me to buy anything else. Licence? What license? Do i need even though I got a sl3 and use serato dj anyways. Just want to be sure if I buy i won't be set up to buy or loose anything that I currently have.
djkurve 3:31 AM - 17 June, 2016
Quote:
So I have a djm900nxs, 2 cdj200nxs, and a sl3. If i purchase the the software serato dj tool kit will it force me to buy anything else. Licence? What license? Do i need even though I got a sl3 and use serato dj anyways. Just want to be sure if I buy i won't be set up to buy or loose anything that I currently have.

The Serato Tool Kit includes Serato Flip, Serato Pitch ’n Time DJ and all Serato FX Expansion Packs(Chip Pack, Back Pack and Jet Pack)
store.serato.com

If you wanted to utilize the DJM900NXS with Serato DJ, (without the SL3 being hooked up to it) then you need to purchase Serato DJ Club Kit.
store.serato.com

IMO the Club Kit is a solid investment. Don't get me wrong it's nice to have an SL2-SL4 box handy just in case, but the fact that I can just plug and play with the 900NXS (and other Club Kit supported mixers) is clutch! And who knows maybe the 900NXS2 will get some Club Kit love soon! *fingers crossed*
DJ SRR 10:17 AM - 17 June, 2016
My issue is one that i don't know if i ever got a license. Did i ever get one? I bought my sl3 at gc and installed it many years ago. Did i put a license number then? Just afraid of buying dj tool kit then maybe having to buy serato dj when i already have it. I don't have to by the dvs software right? Because i don't use time coded cds or records no more. If i buy the clyb kit dies that include serato tool kit? It's on sale now that is why i am interested. But if club kit comes with it how much would it be? Thanks
DJ Flash X4U 9:51 AM - 12 July, 2016
Hi I reactivated my 1210s with a Pioneer 850K Mixer.
Is it somehow possible to assign a Mixer knob for scrolling and selecting the crates/audio-files. Or can I use the Vinyl for that e.g. lift it and put it a track forward or flip the disc or something. How do you manage that during a gig?
Always using the Mouse?
Huydx 6:02 PM - 28 December, 2016
Hi guys

Ive got the DJM 900 nxs2 with Serato 1.9.5 and club kit actived, but when I connect my 900 nxs2 to my macbook, it says DJM 900 nxs2 hardware failed to connect, please try again. I have tried with 2 DJM 900 nxs2 but same problem, do you guys have any suggestion? Thanks
djkurve 7:58 PM - 28 December, 2016
Quote:
Hi guys

Ive got the DJM 900 nxs2 with Serato 1.9.5 and club kit actived, but when I connect my 900 nxs2 to my macbook, it says DJM 900 nxs2 hardware failed to connect, please try again. I have tried with 2 DJM 900 nxs2 but same problem, do you guys have any suggestion? Thanks

You have to install the Pioneer driver/software for the mixer.

www.pioneerdj.com

This applies to pretty much all Pioneer mixers that have a dedicated sound card built-in. Here's an example of the Pioneer mixers I use.

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com
Huydx 3:33 PM - 2 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Hi guys

www.pioneerdj.com

This applies to pretty much all Pioneer mixers that have a dedicated sound card built-in. Here's an example of the Pioneer mixers I use.

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com

I did it already, but it still not connected in Serato DJ, it got connected inin 900 nxs2 setting utiutility man.
djkurve 4:04 PM - 2 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi guys

You update the firmware on the mixer?

www.pioneerdj.com

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com

I did it already, but it still not connected in Serato DJ, it got connected inin 900 nxs2 setting utiutility man.

Huydx 5:11 PM - 2 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi guys

www.pioneerdj.com

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com

Yes its the 2.0, the newest one
Huydx 5:13 PM - 2 January, 2017
I'm on 10.9.5 mavericks OSX Ver, it may causes by this?
Thanks
djkurve 12:04 AM - 3 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi guys

www.pioneerdj.com

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com

Yes its the 2.0, the newest one

Does the 900NXS2 Setting Utility Detect the mixer being connected? (Without Serato running) If it does, then it's more than likely a bug within Serato/your computer. Submit a help ticket with the Serato team.
PAMike 5:42 PM - 7 January, 2017
if I already own a Pioneer DJM 900SRT, Mixer with Serato DJ; do i have to purchase a separate DVS license to use my turntables via DVS??? My understanding was that it was included with the mixer??
DJAUNZ 3:49 AM - 25 August, 2017
if i buy serato club kit i can use serato DJ with DDJ sb?