DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

beatport pro or rekordbox for library management

Hitman303 3:55 PM - 18 March, 2015
anyone using beatport pro or rekordbox to manage a large library? any issues or problems. I'm thinking of switching from ITunes. I also see that beatport pro can sync with your ipod, which is a plus for me.
Phuture2 10:25 PM - 27 March, 2015
I left Serato DJ for that reason with the large library problem. I am currently using Rekordbox to manage my large 3tb library and no problems what so ever. In addition, i am using a windows 7 laptop with 8 gigs of ram and no issues. I have the DJM 200 nexus mixer and two CDJ Nexus 2000 players all linked to Rekordbox. Stay away from itunes IMHO.
Hitman303 4:34 PM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
I left Serato DJ for that reason with the large library problem. I am currently using Rekordbox to manage my large 3tb library and no problems what so ever. In addition, i am using a windows 7 laptop with 8 gigs of ram and no issues. I have the DJM 200 nexus mixer and two CDJ Nexus 2000 players all linked to Rekordbox. Stay away from itunes IMHO.

thanks for your reply. Any crashes or lag with such a large library? do you have music video files?
Phuture2 2:09 AM - 31 March, 2015
no lags at all and is working great. There are some music video files but Rekordbox is only music related.
Hitman303 3:44 PM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:
no lags at all and is working great. There are some music video files but Rekordbox is only music related.

thanks!