Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

SEP-C1 and MEP7000 into Serato DJ

2greendollars 1:20 PM - 13 March, 2015
hi guys,

Serato peeps want to basically kill support for the sep-c1, which is probably the most versatile DJ controller as you can use any other audio device to compliment it. I cant tell you how many times I've needed to have a few jog wheels in a small amount of space to get me through a quick pickle over the past 6 years!

the mapping should be transcoded into serato DJ from SL not just being able to midimap the controller buttons. the jogwheel needs to work in DJ too!

Can you please bring the SEP-C1 controller code over to Serato DJ? My library is constantly being corrupted if I switch programs to use this hardware. You've bought over old RANE hardware, please support all Pioneer Devices. They still sell these controllers!!!

cheers!
deejdave 4:08 AM - 18 March, 2015
Your best bet would be to make a feature request over at Serato DJ section, no? This IS after all a feature being requested of the SDJ team not SSL correct?
2greendollars 12:46 PM - 18 March, 2015
duh deejdave, yes it is. forgive me. wrong section!!!
deejdave 3:12 PM - 18 March, 2015
Just trying to help as you won't get much feedback here but I am assuming you would over there being these Pioneer devices are pretty bad-ass!
2greendollars 3:22 PM - 18 March, 2015
thanks again deejdave. they are cool devices but they were ahead of their time.
deejdave 6:45 PM - 18 March, 2015
Agreed but I believe that could only help as they are directly in line with current tech. If they can get screen support going just think of the other screen options they may arrive at.

Denon players, Kontrol S8, etc.
2greendollars 2:34 AM - 20 March, 2015
yeah deejdave, screen support would be absolutely awesome but that's a pipe dream. a functional dream would be good to start with. I'm not sure how serato works its deals with the manufacturers, but doing such would put a hell of a lot of sales onto these devices. Maybe adding a few dollars or charging for a compatible "module" for SEP-C1, Denon, Kontrol s8 etc would make it feasible for them to write for and support these devices. At the moment - I think the "T" opposition program are supporting it, not sure though so don't quote me - just from what I read from a 3rd party site.
deejdave 4:30 AM - 20 March, 2015
Quote:
a functional dream would be good to start with.

Why not just midi map yourself? I would imagine all controls except the platter would be mappable, no?
2greendollars 12:02 PM - 23 March, 2015
yes deejdave. I guess this request should be modified to read "platter functionality"!!