Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Can't use Smart Sync on Pioneer DJM-900SRT

hiro1981 7:53 AM - 13 March, 2015
I'm trying to use SERATO DJ ver.1.7.3 's Smart Sync function with my DJ Mixer Pioneer DJM-900SRT, but I can't.

Anybody knows why and how to solve that problem?
JackGregory 1:19 PM - 13 March, 2015
I believe start sync only works with controllers and not DVS so wouldn't be usable with the 900SRT.
Davideon 8:20 PM - 13 March, 2015
Quote:
I believe start sync only works with controllers and not DVS so wouldn't be usable with the 900SRT.

True. Smart sync can't be used with dvs
Serato, Support
Luke B 4:15 AM - 19 March, 2015
Hi hiro1981,

Yeah, Smart Sync is only available for controllers currently. Would be nice though!
deejdave 5:13 AM - 19 March, 2015
False. The "inferior" DJM-900Nexus which is older and costs less offers this feature. As a matter of fact all club kit mixers allow this feature as long as you are not using DVS. Simply deactivate the DVS expansion and you are good to go. It is the unfortunate owners of the flagship 900SRT who must suffer LOL.

I am being sarcastic I know but this has been one of the biggest burns I have suffered in terms of DJ gear. I own both the 900Nexus and 900SRT and there are now more reasons to use the Nexus than the SRT.............................. THAT HURTS!! I can't blame anyone for ading the Nexus or A&H mixers to the list of supported gear by Serato..................... Matter of fact I think that was a genius and necessary move and benefits the community at large. I can NOT however understand how the release and sale of the flagship SRT ever happened now. Tempo SYNCed FX is the absolute last thing I can smile about with my SRT................. if this feature ever comes to the club kit mixers I will have a pretty bad day.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 8:53 PM - 19 March, 2015
Hey Deejdave,

Quote:
False. The "inferior" DJM-900Nexus which is older and costs less offers this feature. As a matter of fact all club kit mixers allow this feature as long as you are not using DVS. Simply deactivate the DVS expansion and you are good to go. It is the unfortunate owners of the flagship 900SRT who must suffer LOL.

Thats a little harsh DeejDave ;)
But you are correct re the hardware that can use it.
At this stage its only the club kit mixers and controllers.

Thanks,
Jamie
deejdave 2:19 AM - 20 March, 2015
I was only teasing hence the "being sarcastic comment" but in all seriousness I m confident it will be taken care of anyways. 1.7.4 was a HUGE step forward for me so this is one of the things I am willing to wait for. For the record I still love my SRT because of the tempo matched hardware FX so all is well :)
Serato, Support
Jamie W 4:36 AM - 20 March, 2015
haha I was teasing to :P

Thanks man!
Entro 5:56 PM - 20 March, 2015
Yeah, smart sync for DVS has been a request for a while I believe.

Personally I'd love to use the new A&H K1 + Denon DS1 and have a light, modular SDJ setup regardless of the mixer. The Traktor X1 + soundcard has been a very popular setup for years so it would be awesome to have a Serato equivalent. But no smart sync for DVS and no native controller remapping are holding it back.
DJ-Angello 6:59 PM - 20 May, 2015
I have a SL3 and I would love to be able to use Smart Sync for beatgrided acapellas or to layer other tracks in sync.