Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

How to manually create a crate with text editor

DJ.LJ 3:27 AM - 13 March, 2015
How can I do this?

Say I have a list of files like this...

G:\MP3s\Soundarea DLs\X Mix\Chartbusters\X-Mix Chartbusters Vol. 59-65\X-Mix Chartbusters Vol. 63\17-trey_songz_ft_nicki_minaj_-_bottoms_up-atrium.mp3
G:\MP3s\Soundarea DLs\Select Mix Collection\Select_Remix_-_While_We_Were_Away_Vol.1_-_2013\Select Remix - While We Were Away Vol.1 - 2013\5 Bottoms Up Pt. 2 (Select Mix Remix).mp3

How can I manually create a crate/subcrates containing these files?

I have looked at the crate files in a text editor and it makes no sense other than the filepath and name is in there but there are spaces in between each letter among other characters.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.. LJ
BleedR 11:36 AM - 13 March, 2015
Not at all!
Do it only in a Serato Software
nik39 12:50 PM - 13 March, 2015
Create an m3u and drag and drop that into SDJ.
DJ.LJ 8:50 PM - 28 March, 2015
I figured out how to do it but I have to automate it all using Automate 10 ... not feasible for most other people.
AlxRyde 1:43 AM - 29 March, 2015
>.> interested...

is it just formatting? or something more than that
DJ.LJ 2:52 AM - 2 June, 2015
I actually just rename the entire filename to include crates and subcrates.

example

Crate subcrate structure..

Videos
=>VJ Pro
==>June 2015
===>Hip Hop

Crate filename would be...

Videos%%VJ Pro%%June 2015%%Hip Hop.crate

This would be done over all hard drives and serato and video folders. It would take a long time to do it manually. Only a few seconds with my method to do 450+ custom crates.

Seems to work like a charm. I have over 450 crates and many of them are updated weekly. This process saves me many.. many hours every week of organizing.

You have to drag all your crates into Serato first, then close it down, then you do the rename process. Once I reopen Serato.. all is organized.