Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Anybody ever do visuals for an LED Wall?

Rebelguy 4:58 AM - 3 March, 2015
I have a client who is running a video wall which with a resolution of 1040 x 104. I am assuming that the image quality won't be that great. Has anyone done something like this before?
Code:E 7:45 AM - 3 March, 2015
Ya lots.

Well find out what the mm is on the pixels. 10mm is good anything better is great, anything over 16mm needs to be far away, dont do videos on 18 or higher unless the screen is MASSIVE and far away from people.

You will want to map your video output with some sort of program like Resolume or MadMapper.
Code:E 7:51 AM - 3 March, 2015
I just did the math at 6 mm it's going to be 1 panel tall. at 12mm it will be 2 panels tall. Don't run video to something that tall. Well i mean try it. See how it looks. And if you dont mind take pictures. You may only want to run visuals to that screen. Unless you have other screen too that you can map in with the LED wall.
Rebelguy 3:52 AM - 4 March, 2015
The visuals are actually just going to be all text. So Madmapper would be a good solution? How are is the program to learn?
Rebelguy 3:52 AM - 4 March, 2015
And thanks for your help so far Code:E.
Code:E 4:35 AM - 4 March, 2015
MadMapper is just a mapping program and it's pretty easy to understand.

What is going to be producing the text? What software on your computer.
Rebelguy 7:43 PM - 5 March, 2015
Code:E

Okay the installer actually recommended using Resolume for this project. I have downloaded the demo version to get a feel for it get them to purchase it.

I am going to be working on text info in After Effects. My plan is to use some pre-made templates for now to get things rolling. How do I go about starting this project given the 1040 x 104 resolution?
Code:E 3:40 AM - 6 March, 2015
Is the LED your only output. If so start by creating the compositions size to that resolutions. 1040x104. Then try playing some content. Make your content pixel perfect by rendering it at the same size.

Then start watching some of there viemo videos on how to use Resolume.
keinag 12:40 PM - 1 May, 2019
Nice question, I have that in mind and thank you for answering guys.

Mark Joseph Pongasi
<a href="dynamo-led-displays.co.uk rel="dofollow">Dynamo Led Display</a>
dj..1 12:33 PM - 20 May, 2019
Hi guys new on here... I’ve just purchased a 6x3 video wall, could I get Serato Video to work on that? Thank you in advance
carlcasta 1:25 PM - 27 May, 2019
Quote:
Is the LED your only output. If so start by creating the compositions size to that resolutions. 1040x104. Then try playing some content. Make your content pixel perfect by rendering it at the same size.

Then start watching some of there viemo videos on how to use Resolume.

May I ask if it's still okay to show video on the led video wall (for example something like this dynamo-led-displays.co.uk which has a 3840mm x 1920mm dimension) as long as it is rendered in the same resolution as the led? Is that the general rule of thumb? I'm a bit lost what pixel pitch and pixel density is and if that plays a factor on video resolution. Thank you so much.