Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

2011 Late or Mid, MacBook Pro - WILL IT WORK with SDJ?

DJ HOT FEVER 11:43 PM - 2 March, 2015
I am ready to Purchase a Macbook
Macbook Pro Late 2011, 15" 8GB, DDR3 1600mhz , 500GB, Qoud Core 2.2GHZ.
Has anyone used this model with Serato DJ/Video?????
I had Dual Core 2.4ghz with the Timeline Jumping Need Replacement.

Thx
HELPPPPPPPPPP
blackavenger 8:25 PM - 3 March, 2015
Try to find a 2012 model instead. It's not as though this computer isn't capable of running Serato DJ just fine, its the fact that 2011 models have GPU issues.
pdidy 8:34 PM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:
Try to find a 2012 model instead. It's not as though this computer isn't capable of running Serato DJ just fine, its the fact that 2011 models have GPU issues.

this is true and for this reason 2011 Mbp 15 should not be considered an option. The 2012 Mbp is confirmed to work flawlessly on sdj and video.
Marv Incredible 10:01 PM - 3 March, 2015
Take their advice. And mine. As someone who recently bought a 2011 15" MBP I can tell you I'm having LOTS of issues just getting SDJ to run normally, let alone video.

www.everymac.com

I'm super p1ssed though because it seems to run everything else as smooth as butter.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 10:07 PM - 3 March, 2015
2011 here and shits flawless!! Running an SL3 on 2ms while spinnin videos on high quailty and not so much a a drop out. But I'm using Mix Emergency NOT SV.
DJ Tecniq 10:30 PM - 3 March, 2015
I'm on a 2010 macbook pro and on the latest beta of SDJ so far it seems there's a major improvement i haven't hooked it up yet but it's seems a lot more stable. Cpu power has decreased dramatically.
DJ Tecniq 10:34 PM - 3 March, 2015
I'm only using it offline but it does seem way more responsive than it ever has and I'm on a machine that's quite old.
DJ HOT FEVER 10:44 PM - 3 March, 2015
Thanks for all the supports
I Decided to Scrape the 2011 models have GPU issues, I am Djing with Video's

I think this would be a better purchase ???
Mid 2012 Macbook Pro 15.4 inch, i7
2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor
8G RAM, 750G Hard Drive

I will be running Pioneer DDJ SR, DDJ-SX, DDJ-SZ, Any one have the same controller with this Macbook Mid 2012 ???
DJ Tecniq 10:51 PM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:
Thanks for all the supports
I Decided to Scrape the 2011 models have GPU issues, I am Djing with Video's

I think this would be a better purchase ???
Mid 2012 Macbook Pro 15.4 inch, i7
2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor
8G RAM, 750G Hard Drive

I will be running Pioneer DDJ SR, DDJ-SX, DDJ-SZ, Any one have the same controller with this Macbook Mid 2012 ???
It is not only 2011 models it's actually 2011-2013 models they are offering a free replacement for those computers that are defective. If you are going to upgrade i highly recommend you take your laptop to the apple store and have them run a test just incase chances are it could be defective and wouldn't even know it till later.
DJ Tecniq 10:52 PM - 3 March, 2015
More info - www.apple.com
pdidy 11:05 PM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:

there's a link on that page that allows you to check by serial number for affected units....

"Identify your model

Use the "Check your Coverage" selfsolve.apple.com tool on the Apple Support site to determine if your MacBook Pro model matches the list of affected products below. "
DJ HOT FEVER 11:42 PM - 3 March, 2015
I Checked the SN from the Storre
Quote:
Quote:

there's a link on that page that allows you to check by serial number for affected units....

"Identify your model

Use the "Check your Coverage" selfsolve.apple.com tool on the Apple Support site to determine if your MacBook Pro model matches the list of affected products below. "

I Checked the SN from the seller and its out of warranty, I might need to do the test from the macbook.
pdidy 12:11 AM - 4 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

"Identify your model

I Checked the SN from the seller and its out of warranty, I might need to do the test from the macbook.

If its a non Retina you should be good to go.
DJ HOT FEVER 1:18 AM - 4 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

"Identify your model

Why Doe's it make a differents with Retina or Not..thx
DJ Tecniq 1:30 AM - 4 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

"Identify your model

It's not apple's fault it is the video card manufacture's the chips are faulty. I'm not sure if it's only retina's though.

DJ Tecniq 1:31 AM - 4 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

"Identify your model

Quote fail sorry..It's not apple's fault it is the video card manufacture's the chips are faulty. I'm not sure if it's only retina's though.
Marv Incredible 1:33 AM - 4 March, 2015
If anyone's got any advice about my mac I wouldn't mind hearing them. I think I've done all I can but still no dice.
DJ HOT FEVER 1:53 AM - 4 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

"Identify your model

Quote fail sorry..It's not apple's fault it is the video card manufacture's the chips are faulty. I'm not sure if it's only retina's though.

I don't think the chip set makes a different either its a Retina or not, Display is the output from the on board chip-set, Then it would be a Retina Issue whole different story. Chip Set Makes more Since, PC's for Many Years has Chipset issue's but never because its a lcd or Dual Scan
DJ HOT FEVER 1:58 AM - 4 March, 2015
Lot of problems with Pioneer Hardware, DDJ-SX & SR with Dual Core Mac's, That's why its time to buy a newer Mac and want too do it right.

Issue's, show in this video
Watchwww.youtube.com

Can anyone give me models that you are using with the same Pioneer Hardware above ???2012 or 2011, most part on the save side, I will stick with 2012.
pdidy 3:51 AM - 4 March, 2015
Quote:
If anyone's got any advice about my mac I wouldn't mind hearing them. I think I've done all I can but still no dice.

what was serato's findings to your help request ?
blackavenger 3:56 AM - 4 March, 2015
I own an early 2011 MBP, and have no issues running SeratoDJ @2ms with Flip & PnT engaged. But I know it's only a matter of time before mine craps out as well. I go through all sorts of precautions to keep it cool. I elevate it, have fans blowing beneath it, and NEVER (other than to update SDJ) go on the web w' it. Basically, I baby the hell out of it.

You shouldn't have to go through all of that w' a Macbook Pro. That's why I suggested that you go w' a mid-2012 (non-retina) model.
DJ Tecniq 8:13 AM - 4 March, 2015
Quote:
Lot of problems with Pioneer Hardware, DDJ-SX & SR with Dual Core Mac's, That's why its time to buy a newer Mac and want too do it right.

Issue's, show in this video
Watchwww.youtube.com

Can anyone give me models that you are using with the same Pioneer Hardware above ???2012 or 2011, most part on the save side, I will stick with 2012.
I have a friend who has a DDJSX and he doesn't have this issue at all but he also isn't spinning video only audio. Is this result the same with audio only? It looks to be a firmware problem.
DJ HOT FEVER 12:34 PM - 4 March, 2015
Great to see someone with the same Macbook Pro Mid 2012, I have a SZ, DDJ-SX, SR and all be acting up with a 2010 Dual Core Macbook Pro, The Time line Goe's Crazy, Skips when i move the Plater Quck and it happens with audio or video, The Firmware has been upgraded and all hardware, I be-leave there issue's with my 2010 Macbook Pro, Dual Core, 8GB, and my other models allso with Dual Core, Changing the Notebook Now is my last Resort. I am Praying Now with a model that newer and other using have no issue with..... DJ Tecnig
DJ Quartz 2:48 PM - 4 March, 2015
I have a late 2011 model with the Amd 6750M gpu and I'm not having problems with Serato Video.

It has the 2.2ghz i7 in it and I upgraded to 8gb of ram shortly after I got it couple years back.

I'm not running Yosemite however, going to hold off upgrading to that for a bit.
DJ Tecniq 3:25 PM - 4 March, 2015
Quote:
Great to see someone with the same Macbook Pro Mid 2012, I have a SZ, DDJ-SX, SR and all be acting up with a 2010 Dual Core Macbook Pro, The Time line Goe's Crazy, Skips when i move the Plater Quck and it happens with audio or video, The Firmware has been upgraded and all hardware, I be-leave there issue's with my 2010 Macbook Pro, Dual Core, 8GB, and my other models allso with Dual Core, Changing the Notebook Now is my last Resort. I am Praying Now with a model that newer and other using have no issue with..... DJ Tecnig
Is it a 2010 or 2012? You mentioned both models in your post? It seems your Mac may be faulty. There has actually been a recall for certain 2011-2013 models www.apple.com
DJ Tecniq 3:25 PM - 4 March, 2015
I suggest getting your Mac tested to see if anything is wrong with it.
938MyDJ 7:17 PM - 4 March, 2015
Late 2011 Macbook 15" - i7 - 16GB RAM - 10.9.5 OSX - Still my MAIN GIG Laptop
*2MS with Music Video & P n T enabled*

(2X) 2008 Macbook 15" - i5 - 8GB RAM - 10.9.5 OSX - Works Good too!
*A little spike on the CPU so I keep them at 5MS*
pdidy 7:37 PM - 4 March, 2015
Quote:
2X) 2008 Macbook 15" - i5 - 8GB RAM - 10.9.5 OSX - Works Good too!

there's no i5 or 8GB RAM in 2008 mac.
DJ HOT FEVER 5:23 AM - 5 March, 2015
Sad to Report

I Purchased this today.
Mid 2012 Macbook Pro
Here are the specs:
Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, 500GB, Upgraded to my Solid State 1tb
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Display: Antiglare (1680 x 1050)
Replaced the DVD with 1tb

Tested with My DDJ-SR today.

Results are the same..Oh My God, I must be in Hell.

Few Tracks and started up again, I Convinced it's not laptop now, This is the 3rd Mac book Pro and Mac book, Same Issue.

Controllers
2. DDJ SX
1. DDJ SR
1. DDJ SZ
DJ Tecniq 6:25 PM - 5 March, 2015
Quote:
Sad to Report

I Purchased this today.
Mid 2012 Macbook Pro
Here are the specs:
Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, 500GB, Upgraded to my Solid State 1tb
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Display: Antiglare (1680 x 1050)
Replaced the DVD with 1tb

Tested with My DDJ-SR today.

Results are the same..Oh My God, I must be in Hell.

Few Tracks and started up again, I Convinced it's not laptop now, This is the 3rd Mac book Pro and Mac book, Same Issue.

Controllers
2. DDJ SX
1. DDJ SR
1. DDJ SZ
and you are positive you have upgraded the firmware?
DJ HOT FEVER 6:30 PM - 5 March, 2015
I have upgraded and double checked, firmware under USB ports
DJ Tecniq 6:33 PM - 5 March, 2015
Quote:
I have upgraded and double checked, firmware under USB ports
and what version firmware is it?
DJ HOT FEVER 6:38 PM - 5 March, 2015
Not home now. But i beleave 1.07
DJ Tecniq 6:44 PM - 5 March, 2015
Quote:
Not home now. But i beleave 1.07
Well if it's not 1.07 then you are still using old firmware. The website says 1.07 is the latest.
DJ HOT FEVER 6:54 PM - 5 March, 2015
I know its latest, firmware
Can, I had as also rebuilt database file, from scratch and removed bad files also
DJ Tecniq 6:55 PM - 5 March, 2015
Quote:
I know its latest, firmware
Can, I had as also rebuilt database file, from scratch and removed bad files also
then my only suggestion is try an older version of SDJ?
DJ Tecniq 6:58 PM - 5 March, 2015
Also whereabouts did you purchase the mid 2012 laptop? You really should test these computers for any defects before you decide to use them. 2011 though 2013 models (not all) have been recalled.
DJ Tecniq 7:01 PM - 5 March, 2015
Have you tried the latest beta version of SDJ? Trying to help you out as much as I can.
DJ HOT FEVER 2:21 AM - 6 March, 2015
Quote:
Have you tried the latest beta version of SDJ? Trying to help you out as much as I can.

I ran the Diagnostics before purchase and tested fine, Got it off a end user, Its in mint condition, the user used a cover front and back of unit, and keyboard had rubber protector too. Condition A

I will try to test SDJ Beta this weekend and see want happens, also, I am building a new music structure, I heard that too many directory's can cause funny things. MP4's Only and see what happens.
pdidy 2:52 AM - 6 March, 2015
Quote:
I will try to test SDJ Beta this weekend and see want happens

Is there any particular reason you need to wait till the weekend to test as apposed to right now ?

Do you intend on testing a beta at a live event ?
DJ HOT FEVER 12:54 PM - 6 March, 2015
Got to go to Work this morning & I would not use beta for my Live Event Tonight and Saturday. I dj at a bar every friday and saturday
DJ HOT FEVER 2:08 AM - 10 March, 2015
Here is the Issue Part 2 of ddj-sr/sx/sz issue
Watchwww.youtube.com
pdidy 2:53 AM - 10 March, 2015
You should leave the camera on the controller so we can see everything you're doing.
DJ HOT FEVER 3:10 AM - 10 March, 2015
The camera is on the controller, till it started happening then i move it to show what happens on the timeline.
pdidy 3:43 AM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
You should leave the camera on the controller so we can see everything you're doing.
DJ HOT FEVER 3:53 AM - 10 March, 2015
In the Video, It shows everything, I did and then it started at that point you would have to see it on the screen to understand. what started to happen.
pdidy 4:52 AM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
In the Video, It shows everything, I did and then it started at that point you would have to see it on the screen to understand. what started to happen.

great, now that we've seen the screen now we need to see the controller without moving the camera away.
DJ HOT FEVER 5:06 AM - 10 March, 2015
There is nothing too see, only thing at that point is my moving my Platters and as i move it everything goes crazy as shown. Once it starts to happen just a little movement and it skips like shown. from Beginning of song to the end. i am not pressing anything else, I try to change the song and the same thing happens till i Press the Jog Wheel and Shift button and everything goes temporary back to normal.
pdidy 5:41 AM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
great, now that we've seen the screen now we need to see the controller without moving the camera away.
deejdave 6:08 AM - 10 March, 2015
pdidy 6:38 AM - 10 March, 2015

this video only shows after the issue has occurred but fails to show what led up to it.

A proper demonstration of a issue require that it be capture unedited with an unobstructed view before during and after.

These videos required you to take the op's word for it which is counter productive when trouble shooting.
DJ HOT FEVER 11:20 AM - 10 March, 2015
Your Link Show's My Old Video, Try this One.
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Tecniq 11:56 AM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
Your Link Show's My Old Video, Try this One.
Watchwww.youtube.com
that sucks dude I also noticed there were some audible glitches or skips in the music was that SDJ too? And this happens on every version?
deejdave 5:46 PM - 10 March, 2015
Side note but I noticed your volume limiter was pretty much steady on at one point. Even when you get this figured out be sure to have a look at your gains, etc.
deejdave 5:47 PM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
this video only shows after the issue has occurred but fails to show what led up to it.

A proper demonstration of a issue require that it be capture unedited with an unobstructed view before during and after.

These videos required you to take the op's word for it which is counter productive when trouble shooting.

Agreed but when combined I feel there is enough to see what is going on. It can be reproduced (by him) at will and fixed (temporarily) at a moment's notice.
pdidy 6:08 PM - 10 March, 2015
What exactly does he do to reproduce ?
deejdave 6:52 PM - 10 March, 2015
Seemingly nothing out of the ordinary. Just plays as normal and it will show happen. From what I can gather in the videos is he sets out to reproduce this issue and within 4 minutes he does. There is obviously some assumption as well as trust involved that he is not tricking anyone in any way with editing or any other means but seeing others had this issue I see no gain in doing so.

From what I understand he has the same issue seen here serato.com

Video Watchwww.youtube.com

And can be reproduced by this process:
1) load 2 tracks in left and right
2) then press sync in both of decks
then press and hold in both decks the shift button and press twice the sync button to un synchronize complete the songs.
touch now the right platter...if the behavior is normal then (as should it be) replay all this from step 2 one more time and see whats going on

Although from what I can see DJ Hot Fever does not even need to take these steps to reproduce. This is already a logged

Unfortunately the above support case was not completed and the last suggestion was to find out if the proper midi signals were being sent using support.serato.com and www.snoize.com
and things were left off on the users end as usual.

This was my best guess all along. Being the SX does not use HID technology for the platter it would most likely be a Midi signal issue. My question is HOW is it really happening (Internally speaking) and why does that little process of SHIFT + Jog Wheel fix it?

Two things I'd like to know. Does the SHIFT + Jog wheel fix the issue for the rest of the session (as in until you restart SDJ)? Secondly does this ONLY happen when using SYNC? As in can you reproduce this by using SYNC?

I am VERY curious now being I don't use SYNC on any of my devices.
DJ HOT FEVER 2:45 AM - 11 March, 2015
1) SHIFT + Jog wheel Fixes it temporary for that moment, few songs it starts again, The DDJ-SR, it happens more often, the DDJ-SX Happens less, once or twice in a 4 hour set, it can have its day all-so.
2) It can happen without sync, but more rare, I like to sync the bpm but disable once the BPM Matches. I don't want sync my music with beat grid, I don't have the time to setup the big grid for most of the songs, never could get them work in my life time, anyway.
3) Note: I have used Numark NS6 & Never Seen this before and with the same library of music & I have rebuild a music shorter library too see if it was my audio files, but it still had the same result.

4) Doe's the DDJ-SX and the SZ have the same Technology in the Platters. ????
5) I had have the same thing happen in the SZ but have not used it mush yet because of the size of the unit, i will spend more focus on it, too see the results are in the same timely manner.
6) www.snoize.com, Doe's this work with Sr allso.

Thanks, for All of Your Help, Amazing.
deejdave 3:06 AM - 11 March, 2015
The SX and SZ have the same touch sensitive technology yes and Midi yes. Neither are HID or pressure like the actual CDJ's are if that is what you are asking. I can promise you if it happens with the SZ then this is no longer controller related. Not for nothing I think it is midi message errors as I thought from the start but I also think it is a compatibility issue that would be shared by the Pioneer DDJ line of controllers due to their similar nature and firmware, etc. (which would explain the Numark kits working) somewhere along the way. Are you using a USB mouse, USB keyboard, even blutooth device? Sub controller, Remote ............................... External HDD even. Literally anything can contribute to this.

And YES the midi signal app works with SR, SZ, SX..................... literally anything that uses Midi. I suggest running it and especially when this happens figure out what is being sent.
DJ HOT FEVER 3:14 AM - 11 March, 2015
1) No USB mouse
2) No USB keyboard
3) I disable blutooth device
4) No Sub controller, Remote
5) I have internal hard drive and I removed my dvd for second hdd, no External
6) I have test it with single drive and with external library hdd.

I will test it with midi app, Doe's it print a report ?
deejdave 4:38 AM - 11 March, 2015
Should just show up on screen but you could easily take a screen shot.

SHIFT+CMND+4
deejdave 4:38 AM - 11 March, 2015
Then you select using a standard cut box.
pdidy 6:44 AM - 11 March, 2015
Quote:

If the second hard drive or any of the hard drives came from the previous laptop, that is a major red flag.
deejdave 6:58 AM - 11 March, 2015
I can't see the SHIFT + Platter combination on the controller fixing a corrupt file or damaged/corrupted HDD itself though.
deejdave 6:59 AM - 11 March, 2015
That being said he should absolutely consider ALL options so by all means pdidy brings up a valid point.
DJ HOT FEVER 1:08 PM - 11 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

If the second hard drive or any of the hard drives came from the previous laptop, that is a major red flag.

TRUE, I have, I Have rebuild OS from start And there has been different drives and some I reimage drive for backup, only drive been same is my solid state drive, 1tb. But this issue started way before this was purchased. All options on table.
DJ HOT FEVER 1:09 PM - 11 March, 2015
Quote:
I can't see the SHIFT + Platter combination on the controller fixing a corrupt file or damaged/corrupted HDD itself though.

I agree
DJ HOT FEVER 2:03 AM - 12 March, 2015
Quote:

SHIFT+CMND+4

What Email address do i send you the Report, Word Doc ??too big to post here.

Thx
deejdave 2:04 AM - 12 March, 2015
My username here @yahoo.com is fine.
deejdave 2:06 AM - 12 March, 2015
BUT if I may suggest just so you are going about this the suggested way is to open a support request of your own and see what you can come up with there, The guys at Serato will be able to crack down on this report even better and you can literally upload the report right there on the Help request.

support.serato.com
deejdave 2:06 AM - 12 March, 2015
Then post link of help request here and we can look in on it.
pdidy 2:07 AM - 12 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

SHIFT+CMND+4

What Email address do i send you the Report, Word Doc ??too big to post here.

Thx

I have a better idea, just ship dave EVERYTHING and in 15minutes or less everything will be fixed.......
deejdave 2:10 AM - 12 March, 2015
LOL
pdidy 2:11 AM - 12 March, 2015
Its funny because it's true ;)
DJ HOT FEVER 2:11 AM - 12 March, 2015
Yep Blink of an Eye...4sure
BleedR 6:35 AM - 12 March, 2015
You known that Apple has a quality program, where you can get the GPU fixed if it's one this having "graphic issues"? For free for sure!
Btw I own an early 2011 MBP and SSL with Video SL worked always flawless!
DJ HOT FEVER 2:40 AM - 13 March, 2015
Quote:
You known that Apple has a quality program, where you can get the GPU fixed if it's one this having "graphic issues"? For free for sure!
Btw I own an early 2011 MBP and SSL with Video SL worked always flawless!

My Issue's has been with the time line going crazy, all details above and video link, Thanks its good to know.....Bleedr
DJ HOT FEVER 2:59 AM - 13 March, 2015
Quote:
BUT if I may suggest just so you are going about this the suggested way is to open a support request of your own and see what you can come up with there, The guys at Serato will be able to crack down on this report even better and you can literally upload the report right there on the Help request.

support.serato.com

I have just open a request Done...Thx
DJ HOT FEVER 11:24 PM - 27 March, 2015
Just a Note, I have not had any issue with DDJ-SZ & Few Weeks I have been using that controller.
deejdave 11:45 PM - 27 March, 2015
Nice you bought an SZ? How you like it so far issues aside?
DJ HOT FEVER 1:35 AM - 28 March, 2015
I Got it around in December but have not taken to a Gig to Recently, I do love it, Platters are amazing great sound but its too large for the locations and space. I will use it mostly at bigger gigs and looking to get DDJ-SX-2 and Get Rid of the DDJ-SR at Some Point
938MyDJ 5:36 AM - 29 March, 2015
Think about light set up for travelling or really small (low budget) gigs.

I will keep the SR if I were you. I just bought 2 units of Vestax VCI-400 and a Traktor S4 Trolley Bag as travel kit.

This is after testing and made sure that the VCI works properly with the firmware that Serato has with the current version and the ongoing beta. I liked the units as they are really small yet 4decks capable... works with SDJ, TRAKTOR, VDJ and DJ Player on Ipad.

I will keep my 2x Macbook Pro to 10.9.5 OSX for good and pair them with VCI-400s.

The Serato license I bought is worth it for these units.
deejdave 6:00 AM - 29 March, 2015
With the MASSIVE amounts of issues he has been having with the SR I am not sure this would be his best decision.
Quote:
This is after testing and made sure that the VCI works properly with the firmware that Serato has with the current version and the ongoing beta.

This is certainly good news. I was wondering how the VCI's were holding up as I have not been hearing much on them since Vestex went under. You find them used or new?
DJ HOT FEVER 6:04 AM - 29 March, 2015
I used the DDJ-SR Tonight and it worked pretty good, Just still the Time line Jumping. if this issue get fixed, I might Keep the Unit
Right Now, I own DDJ-SZ & the DDJ-SR and Numark NS6 and this week I might get the DDJ-SX2, I got rid of my sx for a trade value for the SZ but i do miss it still for the size.

Quote:
Think about light set up for travelling or really small (low budget) gigs.

I will keep the SR if I were you. I just bought 2 units of Vestax VCI-400 and a Traktor S4 Trolley Bag as travel kit.

This is after testing and made sure that the VCI works properly with the firmware that Serato has with the current version and the ongoing beta. I liked the units as they are really small yet 4decks capable... works with SDJ, TRAKTOR, VDJ and DJ Player on Ipad.

I will keep my 2x Macbook Pro to 10.9.5 OSX for good and pair them with VCI-400s.

The Serato license I bought is worth it for these units.
deejdave 6:06 AM - 29 March, 2015
Quote:
With the MASSIVE amounts of issues

"With the massive issue" I should have said. He has only been having one issue really but after purchasing a new MacBook Pro, and going WELL above and beyond with troubleshooting with no fix in sight I could understand his wanting to part ways with the SR. Besides the SX/SX2 is about as light and mobile as I am willing to get, not sure if he feels the same. The thing is small and light yet still big enough to have the freedom feeling. I would imagine the VCI-400 would be about the same. While it may be smaller the layout is pretty smart so it still does not feel crammed.
DJ HOT FEVER 6:07 AM - 29 March, 2015
Quote:
With the MASSIVE amounts of issues he has been having with the SR I am not sure this would be his best decision.
Quote:
This is after testing and made sure that the VCI works properly with the firmware that Serato has with the current version and the ongoing beta.

This is certainly good news. I was wondering how the VCI's were holding up as I have not been hearing much on them since Vestex went under. You find them used or new?

I Agree with Dee J Dave, on the Mount of Headache, the whole hospital can't even give me Meds that would work for me. Lol and it might be the money on the sale towards my end Goal for the DDJ-SX2
deejdave 6:10 AM - 29 March, 2015
Best suggestion though is stress to the salesman about the return policy (without mentioning the issue with the SR LOL) so if it shows up with the SX2 you can bring it right back. I am SOOO happy to hear it didn't happen for you with the SZ. After seeing the SX AND SR give you issues I was fearing it would be every DDJ controller for you.
DJ HOT FEVER 6:22 AM - 29 March, 2015
I Do Hear lot of good things about the VCI-400, I would have to do a test drive before purchase it. but really going for the DDJ-SX2. I owned the DDJ-SX and found it to be much better then the DDJ-SR more futures, I got used to. Second, I might have idea about the current issue. I think when you press the Shift and Platter you can skip though the song on all the controllers, Pioneer and Numark Alsop, its a function. But I think the DDJ-SX/SR, I think the error is that the shift random get stuck & the midi signal commands are not sending the right details. I Think Pioneer Knows this because it was fixed for the DDJ-SZ.
DJ HOT FEVER 6:24 AM - 29 March, 2015
When I went to the Pioneer Show, I Made the Same Thing Happen to the Display Unit, Two Weeks ago for the DDJ-SR..lol I know I was not nuts.lol
DJ HOT FEVER 6:25 AM - 29 March, 2015
The DDJ-SR had a Newer Manufacture Date then mine at the show.
deejdave 6:27 AM - 29 March, 2015
Quote:
I might have idea about the current issue. I think when you press the Shift and Platter you can skip though the song on all the controllers, Pioneer and Numark Alsop, its a function. But I think the DDJ-SX/SR, I think the error is that the shift random get stuck & the midi signal commands are not sending the right details. I Think Pioneer Knows this because it was fixed for the DDJ-SZ.

It sounds possible I suppose but I only use DDJ controllers and I why not once has it happened for me? Really strange. Def a possibility though.
DJ HOT FEVER 6:35 AM - 29 March, 2015
Try, Hold the Shift and Platter on your DDJ and you will notice that you can quickly go though the song and press shift by itself and it will shut off that's how it suppose to work.
but some reason the ddj-sx and sr the midi is sending the wrong signal without the combination of hold shift and platter. I think this is a easy fix with a firmware upgrade for the Midi commends that are being sent. I doubt the is the hardware buttons they do work but work information is being sent.
DJ HOT FEVER 6:42 AM - 29 March, 2015
I don't really most user know you can do this function to skip though a song. On the screen it looks wrong, if you never had done it before and makes sense now. As tryed it on my DDJ-SZ also its works but not accidental so i assume. Pioneer DDJ-SZ Firmware is different from the other pioneer DDJ-SX\SR. I would compare with and fine out whats the differents and that should be the answer to my Craziness.
DJ HOT FEVER 6:51 AM - 29 March, 2015
The other then I just thought of, If the Pioneer DDJ-AZ Quality of buttons used in it are different from the DDJ-SR/DDJ-SR. Maybe it gets stuck when i go to Que the next song and that's when, The Skips Function gets Activated. Defective buttons
DJ HOT FEVER 7:13 AM - 29 March, 2015
The DDJ-SX2 Came after the DDJ-SZ came to the market, I should have tested the DDJ-SX2 at the Show too see if i can do the same this or pioneer caught it before it got released.
deejdave 3:21 PM - 29 March, 2015
I can 100% use the fast search function using the platter. Most DDJ controllers if not all can. I just can't duplicate the issue where the shift button gets "stuck".
DJ HOT FEVER 4:47 PM - 29 March, 2015
Did you know about that function fast search before ?? I mention it.
deejdave 12:22 AM - 30 March, 2015
Absolutely if you remember way back when..............

serato.com/forum/discussion/1149813#new

"It looks to me like your shift button is acting up or something."

"With how much the song is jumping when you tough the platter it really seems as if the shift button was active."

I said BOTH of these to you literally the first day we ever spoke on October 20th 2014 LOL.
deejdave 12:23 AM - 30 March, 2015
serato.com the link sorry don't know what happened above.
DJ HOT FEVER 1:42 AM - 30 March, 2015
Lol. Issue Remains, I doubt its a hardware issue because i could repeat it on many different unit, Key Assignment issue with Midi. Wow, Good Memory you did say that. You are the Best, Serato should Hire You
deejdave 1:48 AM - 30 March, 2015
........................... Tell me about it!!! LMAO Just kidding. As I also said previously I just take to certain people is all. I like the fact you are VERY proactive with your approach to this issue. You didn't just come here complain and go around the forum with a sour attitude bashing Serato wherever you could. You have no idea (or maybe you do) how often this happens. You on the other hand are willing to try whatever it takes to get things done. I always say Serato is (like most things in life) what you make of it. If you want to have an awesome functioning SDJ experience .................... make it happen, and from what I can see you absolutely will.

I saw you said previously about a Pioneer show. Where was this? I must admit I am 100% jealous. Did you see anything new?
DJ HOT FEVER 2:16 AM - 30 March, 2015
I work as I.T. Support and do think client installs, I think that's why. I research into the product on a technical level and need to find the answers to fix the issue. Lol Feel Dumb when you can't fix your own issue's and lot of users, are DJ'ings only having no issues at all. I will be more happy when i can skip this part of my life....lol It's been a long time. I Pioneer show, shows of equipment from many different company...(Xtenda Mix, Zip DJ, Scrim King, Allen & Health, JBL, York, QSC, Shure, Chavet, AKG and Much More but was angry that Numark was not there to look at the NV, but thats Ok. I Tested one this weekend, Too Small Platters and everything was too close to each other. Screen was not bad better then i thought but i really enjoy seeing a large about of songs with a laptop. I might want it for a backup, but i will stick the Pioneer Products, I love the layout of the SX/SZ you are a better DJ when you don't have to look for function keys and different controllers. I did not see too much new at the show, nothing i did not know about but had the chance to use different controllers & Got a Bunch of Pioneer DDJ T-SHIRTS..Amazing & few JBL as well.
DJ HOT FEVER 2:18 AM - 30 March, 2015
I will keep you posted, I Just Purchased the DDJ-SX2 Today. Oh my Lord, I had the same issue once. but not after. Will continue testing how often it happens. I will all-most try Everything.
DJ Quartz 2:20 AM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
I work as I.T. Support

This was one of my reasons for switch to the Mac solution. I was getting sick of troubleshooting crap all the time and wanted to focus on spinning more without the technical hurdles.

I do enough during the day, etc...
DJ HOT FEVER 2:20 AM - 30 March, 2015
Still have my DDJ-SR but going to sell it and get a Used DDJ-SX put the extra few dollars.
deejdave 2:23 AM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
Got a Bunch of Pioneer DDJ T-SHIRTS

J......E......L......O......U.....S!!!!!!! Any cool/unique ones or just the "Pioneer DJ" logo shirts? I have been eyeballing the CDJ Shirt they have for a while TBH also the CDJ/RB waveform one.\\

www.pioneerelectronics.com

DJ HOT FEVER 2:25 AM - 30 March, 2015
Very True, I Stopped using the PC for DJing along time again. too many live crashes, did not go well with owners at the bars
, I went to Mac and 10000% Better but still issues with Serato but never effected the live performance much. Everything is about the right notebook and controllers. I want to Focus More Now on the Music... I Do I.T Support All Day.

Quote:
Quote:
I work as I.T. Support

This was one of my reasons for switch to the Mac solution. I was getting sick of troubleshooting crap all the time and wanted to focus on spinning more without the technical hurdles.

I do enough during the day, etc...
deejdave 2:27 AM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:

Me too!!! I had SSL working on my Windows laptop which was an AMD Toshiba believe it or not. It is just that "Working" as it "works" with PC's is not quite the same as WORKING with Mac's. I actually started with a 2007 MAcBook Pro which was two years older tan the Windows Toshiba and it ran it ten times better. Smooth waveforms and faster loading etc. Buffer went down to 5 ms instead of 10 ms which i used to have.

Now I have quite a few MBP's but I currently use my primary four for DJing. Would not even consider going back. Even testing on my current Windows PC's makes me cringe LOL. Truth though.
DJ HOT FEVER 2:28 AM - 30 March, 2015
Very Nice...I want Both Now. Lol The ones I got has Pioneer DDJ Products on it. If i can find a picture I will post it....

Quote:
Quote:
Got a Bunch of Pioneer DDJ T-SHIRTS

J......E......L......O......U.....S!!!!!!! Any cool/unique ones or just the "Pioneer DJ" logo shirts? I have been eyeballing the CDJ Shirt they have for a while TBH also the CDJ/RB waveform one.\\

DJ HOT FEVER 2:31 AM - 30 March, 2015
The Only thing i do with PC Now is to Download and Tag My Music Collection. I only use mac for my Gigs. Maybe I will switch someday but afraid to do so.

Quote:
Quote:

Me too!!! I had SSL working on my Windows laptop which was an AMD Toshiba believe it or not. It is just that "Working" as it "works" with PC's is not quite the same as WORKING with Mac's. I actually started with a 2007 MAcBook Pro which was two years older tan the Windows Toshiba and it ran it ten times better. Smooth waveforms and faster loading etc. Buffer went down to 5 ms instead of 10 ms which i used to have.

Now I have quite a few MBP's but I currently use my primary four for DJing. Would not even consider going back. Even testing on my current Windows PC's makes me cringe LOL. Truth though.
DJ Quartz 2:31 AM - 30 March, 2015
It just sucks that my favourite tagging program doesn't have a Mac version.

I tried using one of those tools to make a windows application run on MacOS but couldn't get it to work properly.
DJ HOT FEVER 2:35 AM - 30 March, 2015
I have not found a good tagging Program for Mac??
But i started using Achimie DJ and won't touch Itunes.

alchimiedj.com

Quote:
Quote:

DJ HOT FEVER 2:38 AM - 30 March, 2015
I wish, I know one all so for Mac, I will Continue using the PC for That. Not a Big Mac Fan But It don't Crash in Most Part.

Quote:
It just sucks that my favourite tagging program doesn't have a Mac version.

I tried using one of those tools to make a windows application run on MacOS but couldn't get it to work properly.
deejdave 2:39 AM - 30 March, 2015
ITunes BARF!! I have my opinions on Alchimie but I won;t get into them out of respect for Quartz LOL.
DJ Quartz 2:42 AM - 30 March, 2015
Ha ha, it works really well for me. But.... it's only because I use my folder structure as my crate structure.

So it works great for me personally.

I just use Dr. Tag on my studio pc and edit my tracks over a network share.

Hopefully in the future I can run it natively on the Mac and that would solve that issue.

I actually tried contacting the authors to see if it could be purchased but the company is defunct so no luck.
deejdave 2:51 AM - 30 March, 2015
You guys are going to think "gimmick" and TBH I don't blame you. I stumbled onto this by accident but I am glad I did. Tidymymusic by Wondershare www.wondershare.com

It uses the internet to find any missing tag info including art work and even lyrics IF that floats your bout........... probably not though. It works great automatically for commercial tracks (publicly released is a MUST) but for remixes, mashups, re0edits etc. it does not help but no worries as you can do these by hand.

You literally have it analyze and tag your entire collection and it gets rid of duplicates and tags at the same time. The free version limits to like two songs at a time LOL (major PIA I know) but the full does like 500 tracks at a time NO problem. Fast too.

Kind of expensive though at $40 for lifetime license but for me it was worth it. My main collection is pristine by hand but my "request" collection (1TB worth of audio) needed a major facelift. Not so much for titles and artists but year, genre, etc.
Quote:
Ha ha, it works really well for me. But.... it's only because I use my folder structure as my crate structure.

Kinda gotta be fair and ever since the Serato team fixed the large library issue I can't say anything negative about Zinc either so I will retract that comment actually. I am WAY to far into my library work to consider it but from s starting point I suppose I may even recommend it.
DJ HOT FEVER 2:52 AM - 30 March, 2015
I used Tag Scanner for PC, It works Great for Tagging, I use Network Allso, I copy my files on the mac and control it with pc

Quote:

So it works great for me personally.

I just use Dr. Tag on my studio pc and edit my tracks over a network share.

Hopefully in the future I can run it natively on the Mac and that would solve that issue.

I actually tried contacting the authors to see if it could be purchased but the company is defunct so no luck.
DJ HOT FEVER 2:57 AM - 30 March, 2015
I will consider that for Tagging ..Tidy My Music never knew about it. Doe's it Support MP4 Support. Mac Version ??

Quote:
You guys are going to think "gimmick" and TBH I don't blame you. I stumbled onto this by accident but I am glad I did. Tidymymusic by Wondershare www.wondershare.com

It uses the internet to find any missing tag info including art work and even lyrics IF that floats your bout........... probably not though. It works great automatically for commercial tracks (publicly released is a MUST) but for remixes, mashups, re0edits etc. it does not help but no worries as you can do these by hand.

You literally have it analyze and tag your entire collection and it gets rid of duplicates and tags at the same time. The free version limits to like two songs at a time LOL (major PIA I know) but the full does like 500 tracks at a time NO problem. Fast too.

Kind of expensive though at $40 for lifetime license but for me it was worth it. My main collection is pristine by hand but my "request" collection (1TB worth of audio) needed a major facelift. Not so much for titles and artists but year, genre, etc.
Quote:

Kinda gotta be fair and ever since the Serato team fixed the large library issue I can't say anything negative about Zinc either so I will retract that comment actually. I am WAY to far into my library work to consider it but from s starting point I suppose I may even recommend it.
deejdave 2:58 AM - 30 March, 2015
MP3 (*.mp3), M4A (*.m4a) and the Mac version is what I have.
DJ HOT FEVER 3:13 AM - 30 March, 2015
I just downloaded the PC Version for Testing Trail, Sucks there is no mp4 support, I use Tagscanner and works well with MP4 but always screws up on find, Soca and Dance Hall is the Same thing, Hip Hop and R&B is Urban. Manual is the Best in Most Part, Have Hip Hop (Hip Hop, West Coast) for DR Dre or Hip Hop, East Coast for Biggie. Only when you get a Large Library of Music that you don't know, I will have the tagging do it for me.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:33 AM - 20 April, 2015
Still have my DDJ-SR but going to sell it but No Response from Serato, Will Keep Posted.
DJ HOT FEVER 6:10 PM - 29 April, 2015
I found that the Pioneer DDJ SX2 still has issue.
DJ HOT FEVER 5:37 AM - 16 May, 2015
I think the issue's is with hardware, the Shift button, Firmware or Midi combination.
The Pioneer DDJ SZ Has No Issue, Really need to compare the difference in firmware Code or Drivers. The Pioneer DDJ-SZ hardware buttons must be differences maybe it sticks..
deejdave 6:05 PM - 16 May, 2015
Quote:
I Think Pioneer Knows this because it was fixed for the DDJ-SZ.

Disregard other thread. I remember seeing the SZ issue posts but not that you confirmed it is fixed for the SZ. I think it could absolutely be the button sticking. I am curious if there was just some bad luck involved as this is by no means a common thing......................... thank GOD!
deejdave 6:06 PM - 16 May, 2015
So what did you end up doing BTW? What did you sell and what did you keep out of the SR/SX/SX2/SZ?
DJ HOT FEVER 7:01 PM - 16 May, 2015
I am trying to sell the DDJ-SR, It's the most common of the shift, The DDJ-SX2, I will continue to use it every weekend & the SZ on Bigger Gigs. I will Keeping pushing the issue with the shift button which, I am sure pioneer knows about it with the SZ, Just Very Strange..Lol...
and i am looking to get a Second DDJ-SX2 when i sell my SR
DJ HOT FEVER 7:05 PM - 16 May, 2015
I will Keep Using Pioneer, I do Like the product and just put up with it, Unless Numark Gets a NS6-II that i won't hold my breath on it.
938MyDJ 9:32 AM - 17 May, 2015
The NS6-II is already out!
They've change the name to NV, lol!
DJ HOT FEVER 2:41 PM - 17 May, 2015
Quote:
The NS6-II is already out!
They've change the name to NV, lol!

NV It's Smaller Plater and the Layout is Much Different.
deejdave 9:54 PM - 17 May, 2015
TBH it is about as close to the NS6II as you will get. To be completely honest I think the past year or two has caused some people to open their eyes. Numark going head on with Pioneer is NOT a battle they are going to win so my guess is they will be slowing down on the releases department in terms of "professional" hardware. This has seemingly already started as the NS7III is not really a new release and not much else coming from their camp in terms of Pro DJ gear. I find it hard to believe you prefer the NS6 over the SZ in any way possible. The NS6 is a great controller and I am an even bigger fan of the NS7II BUT that I do prefer the SX over the NS6 and the SZ over the NS7III. The NV does not even strike me as a professional device due to size and lack of features.
DJ HOT FEVER 3:55 AM - 18 May, 2015
Quote:
TBH it is about as close to the NS6II as you will get. To be completely honest I think the past year or two has caused some people to open their eyes. Numark going head on with Pioneer is NOT a battle they are going to win so my guess is they will be slowing down on the releases department in terms of "professional" hardware. This has seemingly already started as the NS7III is not really a new release and not much else coming from their camp in terms of Pro DJ gear. I find it hard to believe you prefer the NS6 over the SZ in any way possible. The NS6 is a great controller and I am an even bigger fan of the NS7II BUT that I do prefer the SX over the NS6 and the SZ over the NS7III. The NV does not even strike me as a professional device due to size and lack of features.

I Never Said I Prefer, the NS6 Over the SZ, But The NS6 Upgrade to NS6-II Waiting for and should be upgraded more like the DDJ-SX2, Numark could Compete with It, Right Now the NS6 would be compared to DDJ-S1 and NS6 was before it and better product, Numark was Very Slow to Come Out with a Replacement for a long time by then the DDJ-SX Came Out and killed it and Numark Should have been ready with a Product Right After It. NS6 and NS7 Own the Controller Market Before Pioneer Came Out with the DDJ-SX and all the Current Models Now. Numark Needs to release products on a quicker basis if they will ever comeback, Pioneer is Just too Good Now. Remember My Numark did not have issues with the Shift Buttons as with Pioneer DDJ-SX and SR...I Love My DDJ-SZ and Could Not Live with Out it.
deejdave 12:51 AM - 19 May, 2015
The NS6 comment was more to show it is not comparable to the NV more than anything.

Quote:
Remember My Numark did not have issues with the Shift Buttons as with Pioneer DDJ-SX and SR
Yes but again this is a VERY limited issue. With being able to achieve this on two separate controllers on a reliable basis you would think this would be a common issue. From what I can see it is far from that. Now the NS7 & NS7II that is a controller you can find some common issues with that almost all users can share.

I am not sure what is going on with Numark but I do know one thing. InMusic brand as a whole (Akai, Denon, Nuark, etc.) took a spanking last year and it was 100% due to Pioneer's success as remember Pioneer sold 60% of all DJ gear combined worldwide. This puts Numark somewhere in that small 40% along with the rest of them. I am not sure how they will recover from this but I sure do hope they will as the last thing we need is anything close to a monopoly.

I am more into modular gear but if I had to choose one of my controllers to keep I would also choose the SZ :)
DJ HOT FEVER 1:09 AM - 19 May, 2015
I Agree on the Monopoly, It won't be good for business, Numark Needs to Look at Pioneer and see a consistent Line of controllers, There whole product Line looks different on Numark, Please stick with One Look Across the border, The NS6 and the Ns7 don't look alike. The Pioneer DDJ-SX/SR/SR/SX2 Look Mostly the Same with different functions. Better for a Marketing of there products.
deejdave 1:22 AM - 19 May, 2015
100% agree. I am curious if there is some copyright/licensing issues they are avoiding though. The DDJ lineup of controllers have been mostly successful (IMO) due to their close emulation of a CDJ/DJM setup. This is both effective and familiar to Pro DJ's as well as a natural first step for beginner DJ's looking to upgrade in the future.

Pioneer found the real success with the DDJ-SX initially I agree but this may also be largely contributed to the success of Serato DJ while the DDJ-S1 was Itch. I think it is obvious that following this huge success they (Pioneer) was wise to stick with the DDJ layout and apply it to a whole lineup of controllers.

I do however totally agree that Numark needs to find a layout and stick with it in order to become a staple in the Pro DJ arena.
DJ HOT FEVER 1:36 AM - 19 May, 2015
The Numark NS6 and NS7 was Successful with Itch and was looking like the Leader of the controllers, While Pioneer, Looked Loss Before Pioneer Came Out with the DDJ-SX and so on. There was no wow factor with the DDJ-S1. Numark Better Look at Pioneer and see what went wrong with there products and you can't sleep on it. Pioneer Better on Get Cocky and Sit Back Either.
deejdave 1:41 AM - 19 May, 2015
Quote:
The Numark NS6 and NS7 was Successful with Itch and was looking like the Leader of the controllers, While Pioneer, Looked Loss Before Pioneer Came Out with the DDJ-SX and so on.

True but again this was with Itch. I would call either Numark the early leader or at worst second to Vestax which may have defined controllers in the beginning. The thing is though that Serato as a whole was not even synonymous with "successful controllers" until the release of Serato DJ anyways. I myself used Itch and it was enough to push me straight back to SSL.

Let us all hope that we see some real innovation in the near future in terms of controllers. I dig the DDJ layout but I am hoping for some familiarity combined with some innovation. Fingers crossed.
DJ HOT FEVER 2:36 AM - 19 May, 2015
Numark had a 4 channel before Vestax, but Vestax, was Leader in 2 Channel but NS6/NS7 was the First Real Professional Controller with full layout and Should have carried the Tour-ch from there.
Will we just have to wait and see, who continues the Innovation Agree 10000%
DJ HOT FEVER 11:26 PM - 8 June, 2015
Sold My DDJ SR and Got a Second DDJ-SX2 and Now have to wait for Serato to Fix the Issues. serato is Aware of issue and they have it, Now just waiting for fix.
Serato, Support
Chez P 3:55 AM - 9 June, 2015
Hey Hot Fever!

What is your support ticket? I want to check out the investigation into your issue!

Cheers man!
deejdave 4:00 AM - 9 June, 2015

Sorry to answer for him LOL
Serato, Support
Chez P 6:04 AM - 9 June, 2015
Cheers Dave!
Serato, Support
Chez P 6:15 AM - 9 June, 2015
Hey Hot Fever,

I can see that your ticket with Rui has been closed off. I'll get in touch with him tomorrow, and investigate the status of your issue within our bug database. Currently everyone has gone home for the day.

I'll update you by tomorrow! Cheers!
DJ HOT FEVER 1:26 AM - 10 June, 2015
Thank You, Chez P & Dee J Dave..Amazing.. Two
Serato, Support
Chez P 4:27 AM - 10 June, 2015
Hey Hot Fever,

I've been in contact with Rui and he has passed on your details to myself. I have now read over your issue within our system, and as I understand it your issue seems quite niche and we haven't had many people report your issue. Is this correct? If not, please link me to these other users.

I have bumped your issue within our system and I am hoping for an update from our devs about the progress of on your issue. I will update you as soon as I hear back.

Did Rui update you on the workaround he discovered with your issue? By pressing "shift" on the respective deck of the platter that you wish to move, it will bring your deck out of "track search mode".

Example - Stuck in "Track Search Mode" on deck 2 >>> you want to control the platter of deck 2, but you can't because it is stuck in "T.S.M" >>> Press shift on deck 2 >>> "T.S.M" stops occurring >>> you can now operate the platter on deck 2. (and vice versa for deck 1).

We have been successful every time using the above workaround. Please try it out, if you haven't already.

I'll keep you updated on the feedback from our devs. Cheers!
DJ HOT FEVER 6:21 AM - 10 June, 2015
Hi, Chez P

This is a Temporary Fix and it works till it starts happening again. The DDJ-SR was very Often and it was annoying, but on the DDJ-SX2/SX it was random but will happen a few times a night or more. Looking forward to find out a True Fix. The DDJ-SZ is Fine and has no issues.

Thanks
DJ HOT FEVER 1:11 AM - 30 June, 2015
Hope Serato DJ 1.7.6 has any fixes for my issues.
Smoke21 5:19 AM - 1 July, 2015
has any who's update to 1.7.6 seen any bug or any fixes???
BleedR 9:28 AM - 1 July, 2015
I guess reading the release notes will answer your question.
There are only a few fixes!
DJ HOT FEVER 2:00 AM - 25 July, 2015
Since Serato DJ 1.7.6 issues still remains., Serato Knows and can replicate the issue, Why no Fix Yet ???
BleedR 1:19 PM - 26 July, 2015
How long is a piece of string?
DJ HOT FEVER 3:31 AM - 11 August, 2015
Serato DJ 1.7.7 Now will test and see if anything fixes my issue, I won't hold my breath...Just Pray
deejdave 10:03 PM - 11 August, 2015
It was not in the release notes nor have there been any new reports of this from anyone else so I would have to say I doubt it as well.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:16 AM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
It was not in the release notes nor have there been any new reports of this from anyone else so I would have to say I doubt it as well.

Nope no Change, still happens. Its really a big issue, I wonder if they going to wait it out and then say the hardware is too old. still waiting for serato to fix this, They have admit to it, why not fix it.
DJ HOT FEVER 12:44 AM - 2 October, 2015
I have not upgraded to new serato yet, I will try and see if my issues still happens, Plus I might try rekordbox and see if this issue still happens.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:38 AM - 10 December, 2015
Still have not yet try DJ Rekord box with controller issue's, expired before could try it
deejdave 9:01 PM - 10 December, 2015
What did you try Rekordbox DJ with then?
DJ HOT FEVER 3:19 AM - 11 December, 2015
I did try Rekordbox DJ, I the issue never happen, but truly 30 days is not enough time, when every week, I have too prep for the next gig.
DJ HOT FEVER 3:19 AM - 11 December, 2015
Hows Dee J Dave.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:16 AM - 19 January, 2016
Announcing: Denon DJ MCX8000 for Serato DJ, Might Be My Replacement Gotta Test this one out.
deejdave 4:17 AM - 19 January, 2016
Going for the cdj-2000nxs2's myself!!
DJ HOT FEVER 4:31 AM - 19 January, 2016
Quote:
cdj-2000nxs2

It Looks Pretty Good, I will rent one before I invest
blackavenger 1:50 PM - 19 January, 2016
Quote:
Going for the cdj-2000nxs2's myself!!

Same here. It'll probably take me about a year, but I'm not buying anything else until' I have them.
blackavenger 1:53 PM - 19 January, 2016
*which is fine, because it's probably going to take that long for them to be 99% stable anyway. Nothing is 100% stable ;-)
deejdave 1:59 PM - 19 January, 2016
Truth
DJ HOT FEVER 12:03 PM - 2 March, 2016
I hope the Denon DJ MCX8000 will be at the Pioneer Show this Month for me to test, has anyone seen the product yet ?
DJ HOT FEVER 11:41 PM - 20 March, 2016
I Like the Denon DJ MCX8000, but don't see a reason to switch from DDJ-SX2 but i may rent one and see what happens.
DJ HOT FEVER 9:39 PM - 2 May, 2016
I have not seen much Denon DJ MCX8000 at Local Stores yet for Rental.
DJ HOT FEVER 3:05 AM - 9 June, 2016
No Rental in my Area yet Denon DJ MCX8000
DJ HOT FEVER 2:28 AM - 16 July, 2016
No Rental in my Area yet Denon DJ MCX8000, Still Researching.
DJ HOT FEVER 2:10 AM - 16 August, 2016
Rekord box Video is Out have anyone used it yet.
DJ Tecniq 4:29 AM - 16 August, 2016
Quote:
Not yet but isn't there a free demo to try?
DJ HOT FEVER 4:47 AM - 16 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I wanted too test Rekord box, but my time ran out before i had a chance, I dj videos every-week. but now they have support for Video, I will give it another chance, Hope they reset the trail with the newer version now.

Thank you

D Tecniq
DJ Tecniq 5:01 AM - 16 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wanted too test Rekord box, but my time ran out before i had a chance, I dj videos every-week. but now they have support for Video, I will give it another chance, Hope they reset the trail with the newer version now.

Thank you

D Tecniq
Yeah I wanna check it out myself but I don't think the s9 is fully supported for RB yet. However I've seen dj's using the s9 w/Rekordbox so I might as well try it out.
deejdave 1:10 PM - 16 August, 2016
Not 100% sure but I overheard pulse (pioneer) mentioning a reset for the free trials. Serato does it often so I'm hoping this to be true. Again worst case scenario subscribe for one month for a whopping $10 lol :)
DJ HOT FEVER 3:00 PM - 18 August, 2016
Quote:
Not 100% sure but I overheard pulse (pioneer) mentioning a reset for the free trials. Serato does it often so I'm hoping this to be true. Again worst case scenario subscribe for one month for a whopping $10 lol :)

Only Reason, I have not use the monthly subscription for Rekord Box, it had not had video support at that time.
Thanks Boss.
DJ HOT FEVER 9:44 PM - 12 November, 2016
Has anyone used Rekord Box Video much yet
kAKsys 6:49 AM - 13 November, 2016
I use MBP early 2011 with DDJ SX and SDJ with no problem, however It's the 13 inch, which apparently did not have the problems that 15inch laptops had