the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:44 AM - 3 March, 2015
"CDJ HID platter LED position is glitchy"

Still pretty bad with my 850's.......
Dillz 5:05 AM - 3 March, 2015
I Was Hoping for a HID fix for the cdj 850
Serato, Support
Matt P 5:29 AM - 3 March, 2015
the SOUNDINSURGENT,

Please post in the beta area, that way it will be able to be fixed if you are still having this issue with the beat builds

Matt P
djmatman 5:41 AM - 3 March, 2015
"Audio improvement when fast scratching with Pitch 'n Time DJ" - good news, thanks for this!
daylate 5:52 AM - 3 March, 2015
please fix the numark v7, pretty please
Adrian with a W 7:04 AM - 3 March, 2015
Sheeeeeeeeeet big release folks, nice work!
DJ Antenna 7:23 AM - 3 March, 2015
What is Beat Jump?
DER_FICH 7:43 AM - 3 March, 2015
First of all thanks for the Release!
Secondly can´t use Deck 3 or 4 with a Turntable using a DB4; But thing thats something Allen & Heath got to fix (Soft RIA) ; )
TheRealDJKick...est.1991 8:23 AM - 3 March, 2015
please fix vci -300 platter scratching. Doesn't sound good as all. it sound way better on itch then it does now on serato dj. thankx in advance.
Serato, Support
Martin C 8:48 AM - 3 March, 2015
Hey Dillz,

Would be great if you could post up in the beta area and specify more about what fix you were waiting for. What is your problem exactly?

@daylate, same thing - I have no clue what we need to "fix" for the V7 unless you describe to me in more detail so we can help you. Please post in the beta area.

@DJ Antenna, Beat Jump is a feature where you can jump a determined beat size forward or backward in the song. It can often sound seamless and you wouldn't even notice it if you did it in the right place. This is for DJs to skip sections in the song, or repeat them if they wish - all I can suggest is that you try it out.

@DER_FICH, Are you referring to some sort of limitation on what type of input you can use on the DB4?

@TheRealDJKick_est_1991, This is the first I've heard of this issue, so its not so simple for us to simply fix. I would love to talk to you more about this - can you please start a report in the beta area?
Serato, Support
Martin C 8:48 AM - 3 March, 2015
Hiiiiii Adrian!
Dillz 9:16 AM - 3 March, 2015
Where is the beta area
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:17 AM - 3 March, 2015
It is linked twice in the above blog post in dark blue text, that says "Serato DJ 1.7.4 Public Beta".
Dillz 9:21 AM - 3 March, 2015
hey can i speak to you about a quick issue i have now Martin
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:25 AM - 3 March, 2015
Yes, whats up?
Dillz 9:29 AM - 3 March, 2015
I cant get my rane 62 midi mapped to SSL its mapped to MDJ but cant get it to do so for SSL
Dillz 9:29 AM - 3 March, 2015
SDJ
Djkom 9:38 AM - 3 March, 2015
What about Rane TTM 57 mk2 support ??? The mixer is supposed to be available in March but still no SDJ version for it ...
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:48 AM - 3 March, 2015
Hi Dillz,

That isn't a quick issue I'm afraid. You should really start a help request and get some assistance from our Support Team on that one: support.serato.com

Hey Djkom, have you bought a Rane TTM57mkII? Of course we will make a Serato DJ version available as soon as the mixer comes out.
Dillz 10:08 AM - 3 March, 2015
this beta havent changed anything for my HID mode with the cdj 850
Djkom 10:59 AM - 3 March, 2015
Hi Martin,

In fact, I was just wondering if the Rane TTM57mkII is still on time because it will be strange to have a 1.7.4 beta version and a dedicated (let's say 1.7.5) version for this mixer at the same time frame (March)
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:16 AM - 3 March, 2015
Hey Dillz,

You'd really have to clarify what issue you are happening or what you are expecting to change in this version. Without knowing more information, its difficult to help you.

I've already suggested that you start a report in the beta area about your CDJ-850 issue and feel free to get in contact with our support team for further assistance on Scratch Live. Its usually very counter productive to work through these issues on the blog area where there are many other users involved in the discussion.

Please take my recommendations on board, otherwise you simply won't get the help you require to solve your issues.
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:20 AM - 3 March, 2015
Hey Djkom,

Yes everything is still on schedule with the Rane TTM57mkII to my knowledge. Even if it is unusual to put two versions out during one month, we will make sure to provide a Serato DJ version which supports this mixer for when it is released.

Won't be as nice to use without the software right? Don't worry, we got this.
Dj Batman (Fr) 11:52 AM - 3 March, 2015
Hello Martin,
Can I ask you, if one day we can have the covers art on the desk, like "Scratch live" (on vertical, horizontal / 2 & 4 desk)? I try to find this on "Serato DJ 1.7.4 Public Beta" but nothing. Maybe I dont look at the right place...
Thanks
DER_FICH 12:16 PM - 3 March, 2015
Hi Martin,
hope to get your question in the right way.
There is only a Sofware-Pre-Amp on the first an fourth Channel. Cause of that there is no way to use Control-Vinyls for those Channels.
DB4
The Turntable(Software RIA) just works well in Analog-Mode, not while in USB-Mode.
Thanks!!
DER_FICH 12:18 PM - 3 March, 2015
But its still something, A&H should take care about!
DER_FICH 12:43 PM - 3 March, 2015
is there a link for the K1 Controlls?
Nuno 2:04 PM - 3 March, 2015
DB4 not listed for compatible hardware.
Hopeless.
DjChino3 2:42 PM - 3 March, 2015
good job serato team. i'm sure it sucks to always receive negative feedback when you're actively engaged in bettering the platform.
Nuno 3:02 PM - 3 March, 2015
Plus they certified K1's which are plain old, and not K2's which is what everyone uses now?
Beyond comprehension really. I hope my K2's will be recognized as DB4 midi, since i connect both via X-LINK. Why certifying old gear with new software?
This hardware closed system is quite unacceptable. Most people know left srato because of it, and it includes me.
To finalize, i have a legit copy of serato DJ (from py ddj-sx)....I payed more than 2000 euros for a DB4, and to use it, i must pay $200. Seriously?, when traktor costs $99?.
Do they teach this stuff at management degrees?
And I was so happy thinking it would be awesome to get back to serato with DB4.
Not the case my friends, unfortunately it only gets worse.
Sorry for the rant but is how I feel.
Serato, Support
Matt P 3:50 PM - 3 March, 2015
Nuno,

it is sad you feel that way.

To clarify, the DDJ-SX doesn't come with a license, its fully supported controller, the DB4 can be used with Serato with a one time cost of $169US for the "Club kit"
and will allow you to use it with any of the other supported mixers eg DJM900nexus and many other controllers.

You may see other Allen & Heath hardware support in the near future too. This is just the first items we have announced.

Regards
Matt P
Entro 4:30 PM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:
Plus they certified K1's which are plain old, and not K2's which is what everyone uses now?

The K1 was released after the K2. So it's actually the newer model (even if it's just the same controller minus the sound card and latching layers).
Frankie Insulina 5:58 PM - 3 March, 2015
As of now it seems that both A&H DB4 and DJM900nexus users can't access the Serato DJ free trial through 1.7.4 beta. Serato DJ sees the unit as supported hardware but Serato server won't activate tre trial period. Lots of top mixer owners out there are very curious about Serato integration... but want to test it first! Please solve the issue!
Edwin Altamirano VDJ 6:19 PM - 3 March, 2015
Hi Martín C
I tried beta build 1.7.4 i need ask you of you can make some changes please like!!!!
The Multi color Led on HotCue are great on NS7 II when i change 2 función hotCue loop and activate 1 pad nothing indicate that is active please can you make pad color blink when i actívate hotCue loop on .
Thanks i will be ussing SDJ1.7.4 and Tell you something else thanks
Nuno 6:30 PM - 3 March, 2015
OK, Matt. I understand. That's fine.
But why can't I try the new beta on my DB4?
The hardware is recognised as it should, but when i click to activate the 14 day trial, it is not unlocked at all. It asks me to make sure my hardware is connected.
Quotiing Serato it says:
""If you don't own these licenses but wish to test Club Kit hardware, you can either start a free 14 day Serato DJ trial in-app, or purchase the Club Kit for $169. "

It does not seem to be the case does it?
And looks like I a not alone.
Before I buy the club kit, which I intend to, I wanna try it and make sure everytihng goes fine, and supposedly I should have 14 day trial period, which would be great.
It is not working I m afraid, as simple as that, it does not unlock, and all i get is the offline player.
Some fix would be nice. Can you please look into that so we can try before we buy?
THANK YOU.
Regards.
Manny C dot com 6:40 PM - 3 March, 2015
So you're just going to add new features and not explain them???

What in the world is "beat jump" ?
Frankie Insulina 6:40 PM - 3 March, 2015
Hey Nuno, I own a DB4 too so I feel your pain. I think Serato only needs to update the severs so that new supported units from A&H and Pioneer will be authenticated. It's kind of lame but it's not the end of the world. This will be fixed very soon, hopefully.

I also would like to see the K2 supportet - at least as a midi device - but since it has a built-in soundcard I doubt Serato will open its closed protocol to this unit...
Entro 6:56 PM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:
So you're just going to add new features and not explain them???

What in the world is "beat jump" ?

I would think it was pretty clear. Beat jump is the ability to jump ahead or back in a track by a pre-set number of beats. This is something Traktor/Mixvibes has as well.
Nuno 6:57 PM - 3 March, 2015
Hi Frankie,
Looks like we are in same boat mate;)...hehehe.
Regarding the K2's, when i use them in traktor, with X-LINK, they are not recognised as K2 but rather DB4 midi. Since the DB4 is supported now, fingers crossed they will work.
When you get yours to work, let me know bro. I ll do the same. PM :)

Take care
Frankie Insulina 7:00 PM - 3 March, 2015
Actually you might have a point there about the K2 - finger crossed!

I'll let you know if i have good news to report

cheers mate!
Nuno 7:02 PM - 3 March, 2015
Cheers mate :)
Entro 7:03 PM - 3 March, 2015
"If you only own a Serato DJ license, you will still be able to connect to Club Kit hardware and use CDJs in HID mode..."

So does this mean that we DON'T need to buy the DVS expansion pack if we just want to use CDJs in HID? As long as we have a standalone license, we can connect to Club Kit mixers, that activates SDJ and then we can use HID CDJs?
acemc 8:02 PM - 3 March, 2015
mp3+g support is grrrrrrreat news!
EQ Colored Waveforms setup option
Disable needle search during playback option
Auto loop range always shows selected auto loop
I feel this is a fantastic beta - Serato - you guys rock!!
Thanks for this!
docmotion2000 8:43 PM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:
As of now it seems that both A&H DB4 and DJM900nexus users can't access the Serato DJ free trial through 1.7.4 beta. Serato DJ sees the unit as supported hardware but Serato server won't activate tre trial period. Lots of top mixer owners out there are very curious about Serato integration... but want to test it first! Please solve the issue!

Same here with the DB2 ;)
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:52 PM - 3 March, 2015
Hi NDKelly,

Quote:
So does this mean that we DON'T need to buy the DVS expansion pack if we just want to use CDJs in HID?

Yes, this is correct. If you want to use your CDJ's in HID mode with one of these mixers, you will only need to own the Serato DJ licence. However if at any point you want to connect turntables, or use control tone, you will need to purchase the DVS expansion.

If you think you might use turntables later down the track I would suggest going with the "Club Kit", as it will be cheaper than purchasing the two products separately (when available).

Regards
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:54 PM - 3 March, 2015
We have noticed there are some issues starting the trial for the Club Kit when logging in through the MY SERATO panel with the 1.7.4 beta version.

We are working on this, and should have it resolved as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience guys, we know you are keen to try it out!

Regards
3365501 9:04 PM - 3 March, 2015
When I use cue loops mode in ns7 2 numark the colors is confuse to out cue loops fix that please
Edwin Altamirano VDJ 9:22 PM - 3 March, 2015
Yes please fix cueloops mode in ns7 2 ...... you can make cueloop blink on active pad ....thankssssssss
Nuno 9:49 PM - 3 March, 2015
Looking forward to it Scott.
Cheers!
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:53 PM - 3 March, 2015
Hey Dj Batman (Fr),

We have not implemented album art work in those views as Scratch Live had it. We'd like to do it one day, but not this release.

@DER_FICH, thanks for explaining. I understand what you mean now. There is no documentation yet available for the K1, but we will make it available as soon as possible.
DJ FAROFA 10:04 PM - 3 March, 2015
Estou tendo problemas com conexão USB no Windows 7 i3, mac book pro dual core e já atualizei os driver de todos os dois, mas o led na tela serato dj sempre ascende e varia de amarelo para vermelho e perco qualidade tanto nos som quanto no vídeo e é pior quando uso ele na Numark N4. A versão do SDJ é 1.7.3. Estamos aí no aguardo.
DJ FAROFA 10:11 PM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:
<font lang="pt"> Estou tendo problemas com conexão USB não i3 Windows 7, mac para reservar pro dual core e já atualizei os driver de todos os dois, mas o led na tela serato dj sempre ascende e varia de amarelo para vermelho e perco qualidade tanto sai som quanto nenhum vídeo e nao pior quando uso ele at Numark N4. </font><font lang="pt">Uma versão fazer SDJ nao 1.7.3. </font><font lang="pt">Estamos aí no aguardo. </font>
Nuno 10:11 PM - 3 March, 2015
Checa o cabo. É usb2 o cabo? Vê lá se nao é usb 1 ;)
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:15 PM - 3 March, 2015
Hi DJ FAROFA,

Sorry to hear you are having issues running Serato DJ. Unfortunately this blog area is not the best place to troubleshoot any issues you might be having. I suggest getting in contact with the Support Team by starting a Help Ticket here > support.serato.com

Our Support Team can look further into your issue and see what could be causing the problems you are having.

Kind regards
DJ FAROFA 10:27 PM - 3 March, 2015
Ok! obrigado pela atenção. vou usar o caminho recomendado e o cabo é usb2 valeu!
Dj Batman (Fr) 10:31 PM - 3 March, 2015
Martin C . Thank for your answer. I'm confuse because I found some pictures of "Serato Scratch Live" with the Album Art "on desk 1 & 2" and this is exactly what I looking for when I use 2 & 4 Desks on Live time. Can you tel me exactly where I can ask for this?
Cap65 10:38 PM - 3 March, 2015
So, I own a Pioneer DDJ-SX with a license for DJ and Video. I also have a DJM-900 Nexus and 2 Technics turntables. Do I need another license (Club Kit?) if I want to connect my laptop to the 900 and use control vinyl?
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:49 PM - 3 March, 2015
Hi Cap65,
Quote:
I own a Pioneer DDJ-SX with a license for DJ and Video

Quote:
Do I need another license (Club Kit?)

The Pioneer DDJ-SX does not come with or require a licence as it is already a natively supported Serato DJ controller. Did you purchase a licence separately for use with another controller?

You will need to purchase a licence for Serato DJ and a licence for the DVS Expansion pack (both of which are now bundled as the "Club Kit") before you can use turntables with Control Tone and your DJM-900NXS.

Hope this helps,
Regards
dibb 11:44 PM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:
Yes, this is correct. If you want to use your CDJ's in HID mode with one of these mixers, you will only need to own the Serato DJ licence. However if at any point you want to connect turntables, or use control tone, you will need to purchase the DVS expansion.

I'm very confused after reading this comment. Do we need the DVS expansion pack on top of a SDJ license to use CDJ's in HID mode with the DJM-900NXS, or don't we??

In this tread, It was very clearly communicated by Serato that you need BOTH a SDJ license and the DVS expansion (a.k.a. Club Kit): serato.com.

Please clarify..
Dj Berti 11:52 PM - 3 March, 2015
Few Questions für use of Club Kit and Serato Upgrade USB Stick:
A. I own a SL2 (I register/Activatet SDJ with it), do i need to purchase Serato DJ DVS Expansion, for the use of the Club Kit, if i want to use it with a DJM850 or 900NXS?
B. Is the SDJ License witch can be bought in stores on USB Sticks, registered by Serato. So i can activate it, even if the USB Stick is Broken???
C. If I Purchase the SDJ on a USB Stick in store, do i Have to Buy also the Club Kit seperatet?

best Regards
Bert
Serato, Support
Scott S 12:03 AM - 4 March, 2015
Hi dibb,
Quote:
I'm very confused after reading this comment. Do we need the DVS expansion pack on top of a SDJ license to use CDJ's in HID mode with the DJM-900NXS, or don't we??

Sorry for the confusion, I thought my answer was pretty straight forward - If you want to use CDJ's in HID mode with a DJM-900nxs, you only need to own the Serato DJ licence.

A DVS licence is required if you want to use DVS (vinyl control) - which you wouldn't need if you only wanted to use HID mode.

Club Kit = Serato DJ Licence + DVS Expansion Pack

@Dj Berti
Quote:
I own a SL2 (I register/Activatet SDJ with it), do i need to purchase Serato DJ DVS Expansion, for the use of the Club Kit, if i want to use it with a DJM850 or 900NXS?

Yes you will need DVS Expansion pack, however you would also need a Serato DJ licence if you wish to use these mixers by themselves (without the SL 2) as the SL 2 does not come with a licence - it just unlocks Serato DJ automatically since it is a native device.

Quote:
B. Is the SDJ License witch can be bought in stores on USB Sticks, registered by Serato. So i can activate it, even if the USB Stick is Broken???

The Serato DJ licence on the USB stick, and the Serato DJ licence in our Online Store are the same product, except one comes on a 8gb USB stick which you can keep. The USB stick comes with a voucher code inside the box that you need to register, which will assign a Serato DJ licence to your account.

Quote:
C. If I Purchase the SDJ on a USB Stick in store, do i Have to Buy also the Club Kit seperatet?

If you already have a Serato DJ licence, you only need to buy the DVS Expansion pack.

Hope this helps
Cheers
willie osberry 1:32 AM - 4 March, 2015
Thank yoi
2h 2:52 AM - 4 March, 2015
1.7.4 didnt support ddj sz? :(
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:57 AM - 4 March, 2015
Hi 2h,

Yes the Pioneer DDJ-SZ is supported in Serato DJ 1.7.4. Is there an issue you are having trying to connect?

Cheers
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:26 AM - 4 March, 2015
Hey guys, we believe we have fixed the issue related to starting the Club Kit trial in the MY SERATO window of Serato DJ. You should now be able to trial the Club Kit for 14 days once you connect supported hardware.

If you are still having issues, or if you find any further oddities please post your findings in the Public Beta area and we will check it out.

Kind regards
IMFIGURE 3:47 AM - 4 March, 2015
One thing I would LOVE to see is some of the audio fx working as video effects only (or a disable audio route option). Take the Bit Crush for example , its such a amazing visual effect but isn't too usable for more than a hot second .. same for Time Stretch etc.

trying to beta out after this weekend!
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:36 AM - 4 March, 2015
Hey IMFIGURE,

There is a feature like this already - its called "Audio Linked Video Effects". You can enable it in the setup screen > Expansion Packs > Effects. It should actually be enabled by default, so when you use the Bit Crush effect in the FX area, you should see something happen on the video.
IMFIGURE 4:53 AM - 4 March, 2015
Martin , yes I have those enabled and that's what I'm referring too. I mean ... being able to use that effect and it NOT effect the audio. The Bit Crush looks so dope on most visuals , but its kinda fluff for audio for more than a little bit.
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:07 AM - 4 March, 2015
Oh sorry, I misunderstood you. So you like the visual aspect of it that, but don't want to apply the audio effect.

I guess we could offer these effects as options in the existing video effects slots? This would be instead of having some "disable audio routing for audio linked video effects" option, which would make more sense I think.
IMFIGURE 5:15 AM - 4 March, 2015
Martin , all good! Its just a couple audio/visual effects that would stand strong as visual only. Time Stretch , Bit Crush , Reverb , there are a couple more I know I have been wanting. Sometimes I record it like you would a VJ set with the effects where I want them , and then load the original uneffected audio with the video (effected audio muted) .. render and have what I'm referring to.
dibb 7:08 AM - 4 March, 2015
Quote:
Sorry for the confusion, I thought my answer was pretty straight forward - If you want to use CDJ's in HID mode with a DJM-900nxs, you only need to own the Serato DJ licence.

Thanks Scott. Your is answer was indeed straight forward, but it confused me because in the other thread, Samual S posted this (Jan 27):

Quote:
You need to have both the Serato DJ + DVS licenses to activate and use this mixer (The Club Kit) - without being able to activate and use Serato DJ with this mixer you can't use HID Mode.

So I guess that information was incorrect?
hologram 7:30 AM - 4 March, 2015
Nice release!
Bridge please?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 7:40 AM - 4 March, 2015
Hey dibb,

Sorry I was wrong before. Scott is correct - I had tunnel vision and was thinking DVS.

Sam.
3365501 7:51 AM - 4 March, 2015
Yes please fix cueloops mode in ns7 2 ...... you can make cueloop blink on active pad ....thankssssssss ok
DANGERUST 8:28 AM - 4 March, 2015
Bridge can't be to far away now. With the previous update, midi controller lighting up!!!
SupaSandeep 8:50 AM - 4 March, 2015
Club Kit on Xone DB4 works great for me!! MIDI control & MIDI LED fully working as well!
2h 9:03 AM - 4 March, 2015
Im.sorry, question is not specification

1.7.4 's beat jump function support ddj sz?
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:35 AM - 4 March, 2015
Yes Beat Jump is supported on the DDJ-SZ :)

Once Beat Jump is enabled in the SETUP screen you will be able to control Beat Jump in the software and from your hardware.

For more information on Beat Jump and how it maps to your controller, check out the sticky in the Public Beta area here > serato.com

Regards
Frankie Insulina 12:03 PM - 4 March, 2015
I am happy to report that xone db4 is working with the beta. It seems though that I cannot send midi message to serato from the mixer. Actually, the mixer is not seen as a midi device from serato itself. is this normal? does xone db4 support go only as far as dvs capability?
dibb 12:26 PM - 4 March, 2015
Quote:
Hey dibb,

Sorry I was wrong before. Scott is correct - I had tunnel vision and was thinking DVS.

Sam.

Sam, no worries. I'm glad that Scott is correct and I won't be needing the DVS upgrade (already have a SDJ license) ;)

Thanks for your feedback.
ceedogg13 2:33 PM - 4 March, 2015
worked good on my ns7 2 but rather wait till the real version comes out
SiRocket 4:30 PM - 4 March, 2015
Still waiting for a response from Serato admitting that the sticker lock sensitivity isn't as good as the sticker sync sensitivity in SSL. It's a 7-10 and ssl feature is 9-10.

I have opened help requests and gone back and forth with Serato via email with file attachments etc.

The only help i have gotten is asking to record my analog audio from the control vinyl. The odd part is that it's the same hardware, needles, turntable, mixer, interface that ssl uses for sticker sync which is plenty sensitive to needle dropping yet sdj doesn't always register the sticker lock needle drop and isn't as reliable for that feature. Sigh. FIX IT!
djphlipzdc 5:37 PM - 4 March, 2015
when can we get midi-mapping for the DDJ-SP1????
Cap65 7:53 PM - 4 March, 2015
After the SX we also bought an SB and from what I remember we had to buy a license forvthatbtoo, didn't we? So The DVS-kit only would do the trick?
3365501 8:14 PM - 4 March, 2015
3365501 7:51 AM - 4 March, 2015

Yes please fix cueloops mode in ns7 2 ...... you can make cueloop blink on active pad ....thanks
3365501 8:15 PM - 4 March, 2015
Because is confuse when it is activate
Edwin Altamirano VDJ 8:34 PM - 4 March, 2015
Quote:
3365501&nbsp;7:51 AM - 4 March, 2015

Yes please fix cueloops mode in ns7 2 ...... you can make cueloop blink on active pad ....thanks

Please SERATO fix cueloops mode i am working and i dont like to see everytime my laptop ....:make blink pad on cueloop on
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:47 PM - 4 March, 2015
Hey Frankie Insulina,

Quote:
I am happy to report that xone db4 is working with the beta. It seems though that I cannot send midi message to serato from the mixer. Actually, the mixer is not seen as a midi device from serato itself. is this normal? does xone db4 support go only as far as dvs capability?

We'd really have to do further troubleshooting to find out what is going wrong for you. One thing I can say is that unfortunately the DB4 does not send any MIDI from the crossfader - which means if you are using it for Serato Video it may be less than ideal. Not sure what you mean when you say "only goes as far as DVS capability" - are you expecting something else?

As above though, the best thing you can do is start a bug report and we work through your issues better: serato.com
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:50 PM - 4 March, 2015
Quote:
Still waiting for a response from Serato admitting that the sticker lock sensitivity isn't as good as the sticker sync sensitivity in SSL. It's a 7-10 and ssl feature is 9-10.

I have opened help requests and gone back and forth with Serato via email with file attachments etc.

The only help i have gotten is asking to record my analog audio from the control vinyl. The odd part is that it's the same hardware, needles, turntable, mixer, interface that ssl uses for sticker sync which is plenty sensitive to needle dropping yet sdj doesn't always register the sticker lock needle drop and isn't as reliable for that feature. Sigh. FIX IT!

Hey SiRocket, unfortunately you conducted the test incorrectly. The recordings you provided did not record any needle dropping actions so we could try and emulate your problem. Trust me, we'd really love to fix the issue, but we do need your help to reproduce the same thing you are experiencing.

I have passed this information onto Ian (who is helping you via email) so that he can let you know, but I don't think he has had the time to reply to you yet sorry. Either way, the blog comments aren't the best place to discuss further so lets continue in the email chain.
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:52 PM - 4 March, 2015
Quote:
when can we get midi-mapping for the DDJ-SP1????

Sorry, we have no plans currently to allow for this, but its something we'd like to do at some stage for sure.

Quote:
After the SX we also bought an SB and from what I remember we had to buy a license forvthatbtoo, didn't we? So The DVS-kit only would do the trick?

Depends what you are wanting to do? Are you referring to using a Club Kit mixer? If so - you can connect to the Club Kit mixer with a Serato DJ license only, but you will need to purchase the DVS Expansion Pack if you wish to use turntables/CDJs with control vinyl/CDs to control Serato DJ.
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:12 PM - 4 March, 2015
Thanks Cap65,

I have checked your account and it looks like you have not yet purchased a Serato DJ licence for your DDJ-SB, which means to will need to purchase both products together as the Club Kit to get your DJM-900NXS mixer working with Serato DJ and DVS control for your turntables.

You can trial the Club Kit free for 2 weeks in the MY SERATO panel of the 1.7.4 public beta - I suggest giving it a go before deciding on a purchase :)

Kind regards,
djcrap 1:46 AM - 5 March, 2015
Just feedback on beat jump

Martin C or Logan D is there away you can please increase the font size of the numerical numbers on the beat grid. Also please make the color of the numerical numbers on the beat grid brighter. Right now as every thing is with beat jump. Its kind of hard to visualize or see the beat grid numerical numbers clearly in the waveform if your laptop is three feet or more away.
djphlipzdc 3:39 AM - 5 March, 2015
thanks for replying! you guys should make the SP1 map-able soon so I can fully switch over to Serato DJ! Would I be able to change the XML file in any way so it can work?
SiRocket 5:15 AM - 5 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Hey SiRocket, unfortunately you conducted the test incorrectly. The recordings you provided did not record any needle dropping actions so we could try and emulate your problem. Trust me, we'd really love to fix the issue, but we do need your help to reproduce the same thing you are experiencing.

I have passed this information onto Ian (who is helping you via email) so that he can let you know, but I don't think he has had the time to reply to you yet sorry. Either way, the blog comments aren't the best place to discuss further so lets continue in the email chain.

I'll look out for the reply and i'll attach a "dropping" recording. Technically the dropping recording shouldn't matter if it's in SDJ or SSL correct as it's the same analog signal but just different software recording? Would love more clearer instructions in the email :)

Thanks!
Wojciech 12:25 PM - 5 March, 2015
Serato has crashed after accidentally disconnected my mixer.

Allen&Heath Xone:DB2
Windows 8.1
Core i5
6 GB RAM

Apart from that , everything works fine.
SG SOUNDS 3:36 PM - 5 March, 2015
When will there be an upgrade in SDJ sound quality? We want it to sound as good or even better than SSL....Its a very frustrating issue that we have yet to get any feedback on...
DJMIYAGI 7:07 PM - 5 March, 2015
"Audio improvement when fast scratching with Pitch 'n Time DJ"

The problem is slow scratching sounds like garbage. I see NO improvement between 1.7.3 and the new beta when scratching with PnT DJ
Cap65 7:34 PM - 5 March, 2015
Thankx Scott S. I remember now, we decided NOT to buy the full version for the SB, just because of the fact... that we had to pay again, and again, and again, and again. Furtheron the software is great, really. But please, change the structure of payment. This is aimed at kiddies who want to play DJ in the attic. But please invent something structural for the pro's who take your product into the clubs multiple times every week. This is terror.
DJFLEX83 12:41 AM - 6 March, 2015
any new update on DDJ SZ?
Faizan 5:57 AM - 6 March, 2015
Tried 2nd beta. Love Serato Club Kit 1.7.4 Beta 2.. cant wait with serato releasing the official version. =) hope cdj virtual platter can be more smoother.
Faizan 5:58 AM - 6 March, 2015
Quote:
any new update on DDJ SZ?

Soon there will. 1.7.4 still on beta.
3365501 7:16 AM - 6 March, 2015
please fix cueloops mode in ns7 2 ...... you can make cueloop blink on active pad ....thanks a lot
3365501 7:16 AM - 6 March, 2015
Because it is the same colours and is confuse to out loops
Frankie Insulina 11:01 AM - 6 March, 2015
We'd really have to do further troubleshooting to find out what is going wrong for you. One thing I can say is that unfortunately the DB4 does not send any MIDI from the crossfader - which means if you are using it for Serato Video it may be less than ideal. Not sure what you mean when you say "only goes as far as DVS capability" - are you expecting something else?

As above though, the best thing you can do is start a bug report and we work through your issues better: serato.com

Sorry, DB4 midi is working. I just expected a ready-to-use mapping, some sort of Serato Official Accessory thing
Frankie Insulina 11:10 AM - 6 March, 2015
Hello Martin C! Thanks for the support so far! I wanted to ask, why did you have to disable Primary Deck option for DB2/4? Now I'm stuck with channel 2 in Serato deck 1 and channel 3 in Serato deck 2 and this is confusing (DB2/4 have phono inputs only on channel 2 & 3 and first beta with the Primary Deck option on was great!!!). Is it because you're working on DB2/4 driver utility?

@DER_FICH Soft RIAA sucks
DER_FICH 12:15 PM - 6 March, 2015
Lol, your right!
DER_FICH 12:17 PM - 6 March, 2015
@Frankie Insulina I´d been able to map the Fader of the DB4 and Serato Video is working pretty fine for me.
Edwin Altamirano VDJ 4:58 PM - 6 March, 2015
Hi Serato , I now that you said that you dont make more changes on cueloops led on NS7 II ,
But we really need your Help ......
On cueloop mode only make it blink pad active cueloop nothing more please.....

Thanks
DJ 007 7:51 PM - 6 March, 2015
Mp3-g.... yes now we can use it for karaoke!! awesome!!
Dalpap 8:30 AM - 7 March, 2015
thanks for the release! colored cue points plus mp3-g karaoke!! yeah!!!!
DJ K-Ceaser 1:32 AM - 8 March, 2015
FX Don't work in conjunction with the DDJSX2 hardware buttons in the 1.7.4 Public Beta 2
DJGhost04 10:37 AM - 8 March, 2015
when the loop cutter function in cdj 200 hid work?? its been over a year that everyone asks ....
DJGhost04 10:37 AM - 8 March, 2015
cdj 2000*
willie osberry 7:46 PM - 8 March, 2015
Some Of Music Is Missing
deejayogi 9:03 PM - 8 March, 2015
I Just download Beta2 and the installer doesn't work!
I have a Imac with OS X 10.9.5
Any clues
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:17 PM - 8 March, 2015
Hi deejayogi,

The installer should work, what kind of issues are you having with installation? Remember that OS X will try to block some apps due to it's Gatekeeper app security system, make sure you right click the installer and select "Open" to bypass Gatekeeper (if this is the issue you are facing). This will allow you to continue with the installation.

Regards
Mike P. 11:37 PM - 8 March, 2015
Hello from Germany. When I activate the 14-day trial, Serato freezes and I have to exit the program via the task manager. then I can no longer open Serato. That's not even if I reinstall the version. I have to reset up the computer. I use Windows7.
Nuno 11:40 PM - 8 March, 2015
Hi mike.
I have win 7 64 bit, and installed both betas, 1 and 2, and never had such problem.
Have you tried installing it by putting your anti-virus to sleep?
Cant think of mych else, sorry, but here worked fine:)

Regards.
Mike P. 10:19 AM - 9 March, 2015
Hello. I also use a 16bit system. I have tried your suggestion, unfortunately without success. I install the beta2. Then I open the program and activate the 14-day trial option. For this I use my email address and password. Then I click on Activate. Then comes a dialog box "my Serato" with all packs are installed. Here serato freezes now. No matter what I click with the mouse or keyboard, I can not get out here and have to reset the computer.
Nuno 1:13 PM - 9 March, 2015
Wow man. I understand.
I m really sorry you are having such problem. There must be something on your system clashing with serato. If you had another computer you could try ............
If you don't get an answer here from Serato people, I would suggest you entering in contact with them ASAP. I m sure they will try their best to assist you.
Good luck man, and feel free to PM me if you need any feedback or whatever.

Take care :)
Dj_Smuve 7:21 PM - 9 March, 2015
Did you guys solve that midi issue where the NS7 series crash?
Dj_Smuve 7:23 PM - 9 March, 2015
KNOWN ISSUE: Track skipping and jumping with Serato DJ and Numark V7, NS7, NS7II
There is a known issue with Serato DJ and the Numark V7, NS7, and NS7II where the playhead can jump or skip around during some strange situations. Mainly when the motor is moving from one state to another (ie. Motor Off to On, Sync Off to On, SHIFT and adjusting Pitch).

This is because the platter is being ramped up/down and the MIDI messages can be confused. If you are having the track jump or skip around unexpectedly.

did you guys have any luck on solving this issue?
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:43 PM - 9 March, 2015
Hi Dj_Smuve,

Have you tried the public beta? Try it out and see if you are still having an issue.

Regards
DJ LIL M 1:56 AM - 10 March, 2015
i would to have color hot cues for the 380
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:02 AM - 10 March, 2015
Hi DJ LIL M,

This is impossible, since the LED's are not able to reproduce multiple colours to reflect Hot Cues. Unfortunately this is not able to be fixed via a software update.

Cheers
DJ UMIT SAG 2:45 AM - 10 March, 2015
Hi
Serato dj 1.7.3 Akai Amx & Afx and technics 1210 mk5,Macbookpro i5,8gb ram,256gb ssd.

I live playing master output Sound does not work,restart the program correct,normal.
my equipment and all cables new.What is the reason for this sound abruptly stopped?
I use Since 2005,SSL and Serato dj.
a major problem?
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:47 AM - 10 March, 2015
This area is not the best for support questions sorry DJ UMIT SAG. It sounds like you are having technical issues. Can you please start a help request and our Support Team will be able to look into your issue specifically > support.serato.com

Regards
DJ UMIT SAG 2:58 AM - 10 March, 2015
Hi
Serato dj 1.7.3 Akai Amx & Afx and technics 1210 mk5,Macbookpro i5,8gb ram,256gb ssd.

playing live in club,suddenly cut off the main sound.
I had to restart the Serato dj,why suddenly the main audio signal was cut?
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:01 AM - 10 March, 2015
There could be many reasons, but we won't be able to tell until we can troubleshoot your issue. Please start a help request and we will be able to look into it for you.

Cheers
SiRocket 7:28 AM - 10 March, 2015
Ian,

I'll have some updated feedback, comments, ideas from stress testing this last week, and correct sound file recordings for Sticker Lock :)

We aren't far off!

---

On the plus side, i'm digging the eq colors and beat skipping on 1.7.4. Nice touch!
Dj Mad Cam 7:47 PM - 10 March, 2015
when will this update be release
acemc 9:03 PM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
when will this update be release

When it's 100% stable & ready.
Rushing this will only lead to disappointment & frustration.
DJ Matty Stiles 3:18 AM - 11 March, 2015
Dear Martin, will the DJM 900 Nexus require firmware updates of any kind for the club kit to work? I'm just a little fearful of rocking up to a club and you know...
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:22 AM - 11 March, 2015
The newest firmware is always recommended to avoid problems when using Serato DJ, however there is no new firmware with this particular update. It should be the clubs responsibility to keep their gear updated so hopefully the club you are playing at has the latest firmware installed.

The one new thing you will need, are drivers. You will need to make sure you install the new driver bundled with 1.7.4 before you will be able to use these mixers with the Club Kit.

Regards
DJ Matty Stiles 3:27 AM - 11 March, 2015
Scott, thanks for the quick reply. I take your point about drivers.

I will try to rock up early before the opener and check the firmware. I will also ask the supplying company to try to keep the firmware up to date.

Theoretically though, would the club kit work on any 900 Nexus firmware?
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:57 AM - 11 March, 2015
No, I wouldn't suggest using old firmware. Please make sure the mixer you are running has the latest firmware installed before using the Club Kit.

You could always take the latest firmware to the club with you on a flash drive just to be safe.

Cheers
DJ Matty Stiles 5:00 AM - 11 March, 2015
Thanks Scott :)
74Beats 1:02 PM - 11 March, 2015
Martin C,

Please ask to add this Serato 1.7.4, the command "auto loop length defined" option 64. For many DJs use to mix 2 measures of 8 hits during the transition of the songs. It is a request of the utmost importance and believe that no one asked him this addition. I would be very happy if this option had 64. I have huge admiration for serato and small details will make the winner of users around the world. Thank you for space and look its position. Greetings.

Jeff Greyco :)
3365501 1:07 PM - 11 March, 2015
Hello serato can you put blink pads in loop mode when it is activate because it is very confuse cause is the same colors hot cues mode please is very important please
74Beats 1:15 PM - 11 March, 2015
Martin C,

Once again I am making a positive suggestion for Serato grow further. For example, Brazil is the world's seventh largest economy and the official language is Portuguese. There are many users of this platform, but many have difficulty with the English language. Why not make a Serato DJ Manual 1.7.4 (Portuguese)?

I believe that in addition to Brazil, we have countries like Mozambique, Angola, Portugal, Guinea-Bissau, Macau and others require a manual translated into Portuguese language. And with that, the serato can expand new horizons.

Here is my suggestion,

Greetings
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:35 PM - 11 March, 2015
Hi jeffgreyco and 3365501,

Thank you for your feedback, however it would be received better if you posted in the Public Beta area or in the Serato DJ Feature Suggestion area (depending on request). Posting feature requests in this area (the Blog) can be overlooked and will most likely not be taken further.

You both have great feedback (which we love to hear!), however posting in the correct area is important.

Serato DJ Feature Suggestions Area > serato.com
1.7.4 Public Beta area > serato.com

Thanks!
Mass Flava 6:25 AM - 12 March, 2015
When will the DDJ-SX be DVS ready?
acemc 6:46 AM - 12 March, 2015
The DDJ-SX will never be DVS ready due to the internal routing of the soundcard.
That's why the DDJ-SX2 was released (well one of the reasons). Sadly, If u want DVS u gonna have to get another piece of hardware. Fortunately there are quite a few relatively inexpensive options to choose from now.
Mass Flava 3:56 PM - 12 March, 2015
Thanks acemc
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:04 PM - 12 March, 2015
Yes unfortunately it is a limitation of the DDJ-SX hardware.

Thanks for the help acemc!
visitor7 3:14 AM - 13 March, 2015
VCI-300 scratching has not sounded great since version 1.71 for me . Cleaning the jogs made an improvement, but there is a lag more on the cross fader.

Sometimes when holding the platter the track plays before I let go or long after. Its like having two drunk guys messing with your decks while you try to mix.

And is there anyway a loaded track can load at its default tone/speed option for this maybe. I know real turntables will play at the speed of the turntable, but as this has midi type capability a JUMP TO would be desirable for super fast speed changes

imac i5 Quad 3.2Ghz, 8gb Ram, MARMITE OS
DJ.LATiNO 9:01 AM - 13 March, 2015
Please fix DDJ-SX2 Crash/Hang
DJ.LATiNO 9:02 AM - 13 March, 2015
And Pioneer CDJ 850 LED Glitch in HID Mode
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:04 AM - 13 March, 2015
Hi DJ.LATiNO,

There are no Crashing/Hanging issues specifically with the DDJ-SX2 that we are currently aware of. If you are having technical issues it would be best to contact the support team so they can look into your problem.

Kind regards
DJ.LATiNO 9:06 AM - 13 March, 2015
Thank you Scott S
DJ Twingo 11:18 PM - 16 March, 2015
over 10 hours, non stop, no crash with sl2

but i need master volume gain controll, where is it?
andyx@djandyx.com 5:42 PM - 17 March, 2015
i wish we can get djm 2000 to be supported as well
DJ Goody 11:40 AM - 22 March, 2015
So Serato finally lowered their "shields" and enables foreign soundcards (and built-in-soundcards of certain mixers) to be used with SDJ. Fine.

Can CDJ-users now expect the next logical step - using the built-in-soundcard of the CDJs as a "club-kit-soundcard" without the need for a specific mixer?

2 USB-cables and we are ready to rumble like a big competitor offers it for a few CDJ-models?
acemc 10:09 PM - 22 March, 2015
Quote:
Can CDJ-users now expect the next logical step - using the built-in-soundcard of the CDJs as a "club-kit-soundcard" without the need for a specific mixer?

Put your +1 here: serato.com
deejay_buck 9:15 AM - 23 March, 2015
why we cant independently edit our sp6's (sample triggers) and custom default our fx's (efx option) without hooking up to the hardware??? im always on the road traveling and I spend my down time coming up with new idea's but cant pre program them unless I rush doing it during soundcheck or carry my SL4 box of which I cant hear my new edits and im going off of sight which i DONT DO coming from the era of vinyl records!!!! I feel that if there is extra added options on your software, we should be able to access those options internally from our computers to better aid in the edits we want to do on the fly.... as long as you cant move a cross fader from left to right on a computer that shouldnt be a problem.... im a 1st gen user of serato btw....
zej 3:42 PM - 26 March, 2015
Im using AKAI amx and afx. works great with no drop when im not using DVS. The moment I start to use my 1200s. The drop outs begin, same drop out I had when I was using 1.7.3.
DJLLOYDLIVE 2:14 PM - 30 March, 2015
Please, Can we get a DVS support for the Numark ns7ii?
Luigixxl 2:44 PM - 31 March, 2015
this beta havent changed anything for my HID mode with the cdj 850

I am begging you

850 sets
Mike P. 2:58 PM - 3 April, 2015
Hello. I have a Pioneer DDJ-sx and can therefore access Serato, without that I bought the full version. Now I want to try the new version, how well they work together with my DJX-900 Nexus. Unfortunately I can not test that version as me no test button is displayed. Probably, because I use Serato some time. How can I still the new version with the feature "Club kit" test?
acemc 4:33 PM - 3 April, 2015
What are you trying to do?
Are you trying to use 900 on its own or use both the SX & 900 together?
Mike P. 5:21 PM - 3 April, 2015
Hello. I use two CDJ-2000NX and the DJM-900nx - of course not DJX, that was a mistake. I open Serato and go into the right field. I can not find a button that I can test Serato. I'm also registred at Serato through my DDJ-SX. If I choose a different username so I can not test it. Probably due to the same IP address.
DJ MATRIX @ 6:44 PM - 5 April, 2015
SO WHEN SHOULD WE BE EXPECTING THIS UPDATE ?
DJ-WILLIE 5:39 PM - 6 April, 2015
aveces el waveform se hace pequeño
se pone lento el programa aveces cuando uso
video
tengo 10gb de ram macbook pro i5 procesador
hcity615 7:27 PM - 7 April, 2015
Has the problem with tracks randomly skipping and jumping on the Numark NS7 2 been resolved with this version? Please tell me yes.
MeeHow 6:07 PM - 9 April, 2015
Do we know release date to the public ? ?
LM 5:58 PM - 17 April, 2015
ok so today is 04/17/2015 serato dj 1.7.4 has now came out for public use and of all the updates that have been applied it is almost summer and still no daytime mode available, Come on serato I'm not the only one asking....LM
DJ GreenLight 5:06 PM - 23 April, 2015
SRT 900 not connecting to my laptop or any of my homies. We are all up to date with all of our updates from mac OS to the newest release of serato 1.7.5. Please help in any advice been giving me a headache plus I have shows Everyday this weekend! Cheers.
LM 5:29 PM - 23 April, 2015
SERATO 1,7,5 ( screaming the next line )

WHERE IS THE DAYTIME MODE?

I HAVE SUMMER GIGS UNDER THE SUN........LM
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:57 PM - 23 April, 2015
Hi DJ GreenLight, triple-check you have the latest drivers installed on your computer and firmware on the 900SRT. If you have any other Pioneer mixer drivers installed it's good to remove them for the time being. You can always get them back later. If you are still having troubles you might need to start a help ticket so we can look into why your mixer can not connect.

@LM,
Day Mode is definitely a popular request and I can assure you, we have not forgotten about it. Current GUI restrictions prevent us from quickly implementing the ITCH feature (otherwise we would have already). We are still working to a backlog of other features that have been requested and hopefully we can get a Day Mode equivalent implemented into Serato DJ soon. I can not, however, confirm a time-frame at this stage. Always good to bump feature requests in the Serato DJ Feature Suggestions area of the Forum though :)

In the meantime LM, if you have a Macbook you can invert the screen colours in the Accessibility section of the System Preferences. You can also set this to a keyboard short-cut so you can quickly switch while DJing. You can also invert your screen on a Windows PC, but i'm not too sure about the keyboard shortcut (www.wikihow.com)
DJ Twingo 11:00 PM - 23 April, 2015
i miss the master gain
LM 11:10 PM - 23 April, 2015
Scott
Thank you for your reply to my request for the daytime mode on serato dj. I do not understand what is ( GUI restrictions ) as to where we've been asking for this for a couple of years now and all we get is snake oil salesman nonsense everytime this is being requested. I do not own a macbook and there is a way to change the laptop settings for this but why should dj's go thru that and further strain their laptops when it is a known fact that the serato dj software can not be seen clearly in the daylight and is something as important as any othere upgrade. You can upgrade the software and make it better for everyone but if you can see it in the daylight whats the use...LM....sorry for the Rant but it does not make any sense....
ceedogg13 11:49 AM - 24 April, 2015
i was into a good mix yesterday , was almost done than all of a sudden my ns7 2 froze with the 1.7.5 software . i had to reboot my hardware and mac. think I'm gonna go back to 1.7.3
DJLLOYDLIVE 8:37 PM - 27 April, 2015
Quote:
Hi DJ GreenLight, triple-check you have the latest drivers installed on your computer and firmware on the 900SRT. If you have any other Pioneer mixer drivers installed it's good to remove them for the time being. You can always get them back later. If you are still having troubles you might need to start a help ticket so we can look into why your mixer can not connect.

@LM,
Day Mode is definitely a popular request and I can assure you, we have not forgotten about it. Current GUI restrictions prevent us from quickly implementing the ITCH feature (otherwise we would have already). We are still working to a backlog of other features that have been requested and hopefully we can get a Day Mode equivalent implemented into Serato DJ soon. I can not, however, confirm a time-frame at this stage. Always good to bump feature requests in the Serato DJ Feature Suggestions area of the Forum though :)

In the meantime LM, if you have a Macbook you can invert the screen colours in the Accessibility section of the System Preferences. You can also set this to a keyboard short-cut so you can quickly switch while DJing. You can also invert your screen on a Windows PC, but i'm not too sure about the keyboard shortcut (www.wikihow.com)

CAN WE GET A DVS SUPPORT FOR NS7II?
Dj Mad Cam 10:57 AM - 1 May, 2015
my pioneer dj ddj sx won't connect to serrato dj got to restarted the program with the usb cable is inserted for it to work