Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Flac Support - Ability For Searto DJ to Read Write/Tags - Show Key ect....

Name already taken 8:03 PM - 28 February, 2015
When is this crucial feature coming? Every other DJ software has had it from the get-go. I was once a serato scratch live user but sold my DVS interface because of lack of Flac support. I moved back last year as I was under the impression that Flac was a supported format only to realize after spending $2,500 that it is only half supported and tags are not read/written. For over a year now I have been told that support is planned for a future release but there is no time-frame available for when this will happen. Should I throw in the towel and sell my $2500 of equipment for $1000 and switch to another software AGAIN (Please tell me this is not necessary). Can you please tell me if this fix is ACTUALLY on the way in the imminent future? PLEASE SERATO?
Name already taken 8:09 PM - 28 February, 2015
Also I do not understand why discussions I start such as the following are closed when the problems have not been fixed.

serato.com
deejdave 11:09 PM - 2 March, 2015
serato.com

Flac fixed
Name already taken 2:24 AM - 3 March, 2015
Well, if that is true. Then that is fantastic!
deejdave 3:07 AM - 3 March, 2015
SDJ-14083 • Album Art In FLAC files is not displayed

was addressed at the very least.
Name already taken 6:40 PM - 15 November, 2018
Hi, I have started another thread related to issues with Flac files. Please check it out. Any constructive input you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

(hopefully someday serato Flac will work properly, but until then maybe we can combine our knowledge to best work around these issues)

Link to thread - serato.com