Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

setup advice!

DjHI 6:25 PM - 28 February, 2015
Hi guys there are sum smart techs on here if I run throw my setup (pretty simple) can I get sum advice on what u think and were I can improve!?

K setup time
dj hardware is 2 numark v7s and a 62

Laptop is a NP550P5C-S02AU Notebook - Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3Ghz CPU - 6GB DDR3 RAM - 125gig SSD - with 2GB nVidia GeForce GT650M and intel 4000 as my gpu's - Windows 7 64bit - I store all my music and videos on a 4tb usb3 external

K how I have it setup
I download my videos from videotoolz then I run throw platinum notes 4 this makes a separate copy of the video but now its just audio (but its all mastered and more predictable) then I file the original dl and then pn audio copy to separate folders on my external. Then I file the pn audio file into create in serato then load it on player set cue points,loops all that then go back to my external grab the video file for it drop to video sreen and save it to the track! Now it rembers it every time I load track! My out put is hdmi to projector

I know its a bit of work! And trust me super fun when filing 2000 or more songs in one sitting but I find the audio so much better on bigger system were u can really tell!

So my question is this stuiped as shit or a good idea never herd of anyone running all there videos like this! And am I bottle necking like this in anyway that will course a problem? At moment its all running pretty stable but feel the walls closing in and the headroom disappearing (I want to add more midi and hopefully sum vpt or sumthing in near future)

If this shit is just stuiped? what setup do u suggest I run (hardware,software,or setup)?
cheers again guys been great help to get me this fair!
Djhi
DJ Reflex 7:53 PM - 28 February, 2015
Quote:
Hi guys there are sum smart techs on here if I run throw my setup (pretty simple) can I get sum advice on what u think and were I can improve!?

How about we start with grammar? "if I run throw my setup" If you are really going to run and throw your setup, it probably won't work properly. This will inevitably void any warranty as well. I recommend not throwing your stuff at all, just calmly placing it on the table.

You might get a collective "sum" of advice here on the forums, but remember that the overall synergy is always worth more than the addends.
DjHI 8:05 PM - 28 February, 2015
Yer mate have a real trouble spelling and readingmy hole life but yer I just fix it now after 28years cos I a dick who's perfect sorry dick lips sorry didn't know the fucking grammar nazis were in town and word hilter him self would read my post! Here is a lol for ya cunt I even proof read it twise too try make it as good as I can! Cheers hitler
DjHI 8:08 PM - 28 February, 2015
I'll learn grammar the day u learn respect boy!
DjHI 8:11 PM - 28 February, 2015
Look at that ur a fucking teacher should of ducking known! Tiss tiss
DjHI 8:37 PM - 28 February, 2015
Bet u tease the kid in class that has trouble with his spelling to don't ya u fucking muppet u should really quit as a teacher! And I bet u just dj at the school dance to u pedo! Help ur students and just put a large knife to ur heart then just fall forward! Fucking tiprat!
DJ DisGrace 3:55 AM - 1 March, 2015
Lol

Don't expect any more help on this forum.
DJMark 5:38 AM - 1 March, 2015
Pearls before swine. Or something like that.
DjHI 6:21 AM - 1 March, 2015
Sorry lost my cool the smorning after 12hr shift I don't expect help but I also didn't expect to be ragged on ether I'm touchy about my spelling and reading and it makes me sets me off when people make funn of it! And unless u suffer from reading and ritn disablisty u won't under stand I'm not a dumb person but every time I rite or have to read I feel like a ducking retard! Any used to this happen and tusrt me I know I won't bounce back but do know mate I am sorry just read way I sad when I woke up and feel like a dick anyways nice talking to yay I'll go back to sitting bak and learning the hard way! Laterz
DJ Reflex 6:56 PM - 1 March, 2015
LoL - No worries bro, all in good fun. There is just as much humor on these forums as there is practical advice. Gotta watch out for the grammar nazis though They hide in dark corners.

As far as your videos go, you seem to be concerned about good sound quality. Reattaching the videos to the audio files is OK and should't create any problems. You are right, however, that this can be a pain in the butt for thousands of files.
Have you looked into some video editing software that can just create the complete video (audio included) as one file? NCH Video Pad, Final Cut, even Handbrake can attach separate audio files to video. Just wondering why you need to strip the audio away from your videos (from Videotoolz) in the first place?
DjHI 7:14 PM - 1 March, 2015
I'm been using platinum notes with my audio djing for year I swear by it if u ha nt used it give it a go it atcal increases the quality of sound by war I would call mastering (uses compression and eq sweeps and stiff to fix clips! When I made the swap to just videos I notes the audio diffrance and had to fix it and the way I said was only way I could think of! If platuim notes edited mp4 it would be a happy happy day for me lol I've done live sound for about 8 years and in the room is were I can really tell the difference! Plus makes mixing easter cos u now were ur sound is going to be (well better then u did lol) cheers for being rad I am truly sorry I took it the wrong way
DJMark 11:07 PM - 1 March, 2015
Quote:
Just wondering why you need to strip the audio away from your videos (from Videotoolz) in the first place?

Maybe because VideoFools is widely-known as having absolutely no quality control.

That said, even the "legal" services could be doing much better with regard to audio quality.
DjHI 11:21 PM - 1 March, 2015
Were is best pool to get videos from?
DJMark 11:33 PM - 1 March, 2015
Quote:
I download my videos from videotoolz then I run throw platinum notes 4 this makes a separate copy of the video but now its just audio (but its all mastered and more predictable) then I file the original dl and then pn audio copy to separate folders on my external. Then I file the pn audio file into create in serato then load it on player set cue points,loops all that then go back to my external grab the video file for it drop to video sreen and save it to the track! Now it rembers it every time I load track!

First, you're using videos from a shitty service.

Second, the workflow you describe is kind of silly. Just demux the video using MPEG Streamclip, process the audio, save the modified audio as 320kb/sec AAC, then remux the original video with your remastered audio. No need to crap around with file-association in Serato.

Be aware that when you're decoding/re-encoding any "lossy" audio format (whether MP3 audio or the AAC audio that's in MP4 video files) you are unavoidably introducing some degradation. Also by subjecting a lossy audio source to the kind of heavy-handed audio processing Platinum Notes incorporates, you're enhancing "artifacts" as well as desired audio. Artifacts that may not be noticeable in the original may become noticeable after "remastering" and re-encoding.

The best practice for remastering bad-sounding videos is to find a clean LOSSLESS source and use that to replace the original bad-sounding audio.

I don't agree with the idea of using Platinum Notes (or any "automated mastering solution") on one's whole library, but that's a whole other conversation that's been discussed in these forums in the past.
DjHI 9:11 AM - 2 March, 2015
whats a good service then pls!
cheers for the info ill give it a go and see how I go but yer if u recon I need a good servise to start with is there any point with my videotoolz
Code:E 6:50 PM - 2 March, 2015
Quote:
I download my videos from videotoolz then I run throw platinum notes 4 this makes a separate copy of the video but now its just audio (but its all mastered and more predictable) then I file the original dl and then pn audio copy to separate folders on my external. Then I file the pn audio file into create in serato then load it on player set cue points,loops all that then go back to my external grab the video file for it drop to video sreen and save it to the track! Now it rembers it every time I load track! My out put is hdmi to projector

whata fucking waste of time and effort. How about you buy videos from a good soruce and skip all of this.

Quote:
I know its a bit of work! And trust me super fun when filing 2000 or more songs in one sitting but I find the audio so much better on bigger system were u can really tell!
Again Just get better quaitly tracks. PN is just a auto EQ system. It shouldn't be used on good quailty files. It gives an illiuson of better audio.

Now PN has a place, If you found some awesome bootle someone bedroom producer who can't master made, but it's still a bad ass track, on those files for sure run them though PN. But I'm a purist, orginal properly masters files are made to be listen to the way they where created.

Quote:
! And am I bottle necking like this in anyway that will course a problem? At moment its all running pretty stable but feel the walls closing in and the headroom disappearing (I want to add more midi and hopefully sum vpt or sumthing in near future)

Expect that this will cause problems at some point in the future. You are eating away headroom you might need.

So i wrote all that before reading the responses...
DJHI you must be new to the internet. Grammer Nazi's are everywhere. If you have "issues" then 1 better yourself, 2 ignore them, and 3 NEVER feed the trolls. DOn't blow up on people either you want help from. Smart people don't mind helping nice people, but they also LOVE to fuck with angry people and rude people.

Quote:
Were is best pool to get videos from?

serato.com
Xtendamix and VJ pro

Quote:
Second, the workflow you describe is kind of silly. Just demux the video using MPEG Streamclip, process the audio, save the modified audio as 320kb/sec AAC, then remux the original video with your remastered audio. No need to crap around with file-association in Serato.

^ Do that.... DJMark witht he best advice everytime.
Nicholy 1:16 AM - 7 March, 2015
yo but i needz dem vidz.. how you sort 1200 at a time? I m new here. come correct..
DJ Tecniq 6:19 AM - 7 March, 2015
Quote:
Yer mate have a real trouble spelling and readingmy hole life but yer I just fix it now after 28years cos I a dick who's perfect sorry dick lips sorry didn't know the fucking grammar nazis were in town and word hilter him self would read my post! Here is a lol for ya cunt I even proof read it twise too try make it as good as I can! Cheers hitler
LMFAO this is funny as shit!
DJ Reflex 3:47 AM - 8 March, 2015
+1 on VJ Pro. No run-around necessary in either audio or video.
DJ.WAZZA.AU 5:39 AM - 9 March, 2015
Quote:
+1 on VJ Pro. No run-around necessary in either audio or video.

Maybe if he was in the us or the u.k...but he not...so shut up Troll
Code:E 7:15 PM - 9 March, 2015
^ i think you are the troll and need to go take a chill pill enema.