Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato Itch and Serato DJ running simultaneously?

DJKerin 11:36 AM - 26 February, 2015
I currently use a Xone DX with Serato Itch but i'm thinking about getting the new Korg Kaoss DJ Controller that used Serato DJ. I love my DX though and still want to use it as my main piece of equipment, the Korg would be for small gigs and so i could run the DX through the Kaos pad for added effects.

Would i be able to use both these controllers simultaneously on the same laptop? So i'd be running Itch and DJ at the same time using one controller for each. The Korg controller would run out to the main then the Xone DX into the Korg so i could use the Kaoss pad for both.

Cause that would potentially give me 6 virtual decks and 2 vinyl decks with a Kaos Pad and that sounds mega!
d:raf 4:23 AM - 4 March, 2015
Hmmm... interesting question.

I have a Xone DX & a DDJ SX; I could try this but I fear the lack of screen real estate on my 13" MBP would prove to be a hindrance...
slyxdevil 1:53 AM - 3 August, 2015
What about just using serato dj? Mapp to Kong and add DX as second controller?
DJKerin 10:18 AM - 3 August, 2015
I've not actually tested this yet as i was told it would more than likely cause issues running both items of software at the same time. So i use Serato DJ with the Korg alone but still am forced to use the Xone DX with outdated Itch software as my main gigging controller, with the Korg as an effects unit.
slyxdevil 4:30 AM - 11 August, 2015
It runs traktor 2.9.0 perfectly all button work same as itch except the cue Pfl... don't switch automatically when changing layers. Which I like better. Hit me up for a mapping
d:raf 7:04 AM - 13 August, 2015
Quote:
It runs traktor 2.9.0 perfectly all button work same as itch except the cue Pfl... don't switch automatically when changing layers. Which I like better. Hit me up for a mapping

I'd like to check that mapping out :). I've had Traktor for 2 years and haven't used it because I don't have time to map it (at least not while Itch and SDJ work fine).
slyxdevil 11:12 PM - 17 August, 2015
this is for xone dx not a supported sdj xcontroller
d:raf 11:21 PM - 17 August, 2015
I know... I was talking about my Xone DX (for Traktor). I also have a Pioneer DDJ-SX; as long as SDJ works fine on that I can't drag myself into spending hours on mapping Traktor for either of them.

The DX is the only one I'm worried about using Traktor on... just for clarification :).
slyxdevil 10:11 AM - 18 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I'd like to check that mapping out :). I've had Traktor for 2 years and haven't used it because I don't have time to map it (at least not while Itch and SDJ work fine).

I'm using mixarketect mapping 201 you can find mapping on traktor freaks. Com