DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

CONFIRM MP2015 FOR SERATO!

eightplex 6:31 AM - 24 February, 2015
I'm about to dump my Rane 68 and move to a different software program so I can use the new MP. Please tell me someone is working on this? If not - may say good bye to serato and find other platforms. After using the SL1, 2, 4 and 68 - I'd rather not.
Detroitbootybass 3:54 PM - 25 February, 2015
You can still use an SL4 with the MP2015 (and that way, you can still use SSL instead of SDJ).
dibb 8:05 AM - 26 February, 2015
Serato DJ Support for the MP 2015 was discussed here: serato.com

In addition to that I've contacted Zach Stone from Rane (Feb 9) and asked him if the MP 2015 will be supported by Serato. He answer was:

"As for Serato DJ.. yes.. there are talks between Serato and Rane to have the MP2015 added to the club kit. Both companies are keen on seeing this happen so expect to see it, hopefully in the very near future."

If I where you, I would give it another month or two before switching to another platform. My guess Serato support is coming. This of course is no guarantee.. It wouldn't hurt if Serato was a bit more open about this issue.

As for using a SL4 with it; this would be only a temporarily solution, coz you really want to make use of the DAC's of the MP 2015.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:39 PM - 26 February, 2015
oh this is awesome news.
our MP2015 is waiting patiently for this :)
dibb 4:22 PM - 26 February, 2015
Please note that this still isn't confirmed by Serato..
eightplex 9:59 PM - 2 April, 2015
Patiently waiting. new mixer on the way and may have to move to Traktor or virtual DJ
Help 4:16 PM - 14 April, 2015
Ditching Serato for Traktor as well if MP2015 doesn't receive SDJ support. It's just too important not to have.
Culprit 12:47 AM - 28 April, 2015
there is some major movements going on right now with Serato DJ, and the MP2015 is a beast mixer. The focus is on the TTM57MK2 right now people, I can bet money once that gets settles we will see some movement on the MP2015, so hang tight.
Will08272 4:46 PM - 28 April, 2015
I think the best decision would be to make the mixer natively compatible with SDJ instead of requiring the club kit, to avoid the pricing comparisons. SDJ & Club kit for $169 vs Traktor Pro 2 for $99.
Mr. Goodkat 12:05 AM - 3 May, 2015
it will be interesting to see what people think of traktor since so many people are talking of switching.
Culprit 8:36 AM - 3 May, 2015
Talk is cheap viva serato baby
eightplex 8:12 PM - 3 May, 2015
Quote:
I think the best decision would be to make the mixer natively compatible with SDJ instead of requiring the club kit, to avoid the pricing comparisons. SDJ & Club kit for $169 vs Traktor Pro 2 for $99.

I have a friend running Traktor Pro 2 - I'm going to give it a whirl once I get my 2015 and see how I like it. Spent too much on the mixer not to check all options. I've been using Serato for many many years (since the sl1 came out) - time to check my options.
mixjockey 12:54 PM - 19 May, 2015
I am sad to hear this Serato.
I use a Rane 64 with SDJ right now.

I have been using DVS Systems since the very first moment as "Stanton Final Scratch" came out.
When Native Instruments took over the development of Final Scratch and named it Traktor Scratch, I slowly switched over to Serato and stayed there for quite a long time.

The simple reason was, that I didnt like the NI product philosophy. (I was one of their first customers too, with NI Generator, which was discontinued soon).
Serato prooved me right in all those years, in so many situations, to listen to my feelings towards a companies product philosophy.

Serato, you did a f*#"ing great job in the last decade with your DJ applications!

But I also never stopped looking for the best sounding, most stable and professional equipment on the market.

I was thrilled when serato DJ introduced support for the Pitch N Time Plugin, which delivers the best sounding time stretching algorithm.

In the last few months I got a high end amplifier and Speaker system for my studio, and compared different DAC Converters.

What I definately can say now is, that the Rane 64 has not more than budget class converters built in, which are the bottleneck in my signal chain.

Sure, I could connect a high end DAC converter to the SPDif Out of the Rane 64.

But the MP2015 seems to be the much more convenient all in one solution at least in fields of hardware. Also I like the overall quality and durable design of the mp2015.

But switching back to Traktor now, after nearly 15 years, would at least mean the loss of Serato Pitch N Time, which I really need, as there is simply no alternative for it.

My great wish is, that Serato keeps the philosophy to deliver solutions for the most demanding quality enthusiasts out there, as it always did, in every aspect of their product line.

There is always a market for the best equipment, so please Serato, keep up with it,
and deliver native support for the best sounding Rane DJ Mixer!!

Hope you read it. Thank you, very much!
Culprit 5:06 PM - 19 May, 2015
mixjockey, its coming to the MP2015, dont trip just wait
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 4:33 PM - 29 May, 2015
After using traktor for the past month or so I can say I like it. BUT Traktor just certified the MP2015 for DVS.. cool, the problem is you cant just upgrade from Traktor Pro 2 to Traktor Scratch pro... you have to purchase a upgrade kit directly from NI, ,,,... BS- this whole process has now pissed me off - patiently waiting for serato..... this is fuggin nuts, best mixer on the market and im actually looking at burning cds to feed my CDJ's WTF is going on.
Culprit 11:05 PM - 29 May, 2015
Quote:
After using traktor for the past month or so I can say I like it. BUT Traktor just certified the MP2015 for DVS.. cool, the problem is you cant just upgrade from Traktor Pro 2 to Traktor Scratch pro... you have to purchase a upgrade kit directly from NI, ,,,... BS- this whole process has now pissed me off - patiently waiting for serato..... this is fuggin nuts, best mixer on the market and im actually looking at burning cds to feed my CDJ's WTF is going on.

technology huh!
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 7:40 AM - 30 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

technology huh!

Don't get me wrong i can be happy playing cassette tapes ... but technology has conditioned my condition... lol , I always like to be future proof. and in hindsight going back can also be future proofing, just in case they shut down the interweb lmao
eightplex 9:19 PM - 21 June, 2015
I am demo ing traktor now deciding if I want to buy it because Serato has been so damn 'busy' apparently. Give me an announcement, timeline - whatever. I'm dying here and I just got this mixer on Friday after being back ordered for months. Back to Vinyl and burning CD's for now but I will wash my hands of Serato soon. Boooooooooo
Culprit 9:59 PM - 21 June, 2015
The wait will be well worth it my friend..
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:50 AM - 24 June, 2015
Hey eightplex,

Unfortunately its against company policy to share specific dates (we get into all kinds of trouble if we do that), but I can tell you this won't be far off.

Please remain patient, you'll see support for this soon!
dibb 6:58 AM - 25 June, 2015
Martin C, thanks for this confirmation.
i've never doubted that Serato would support this mixer, but it's good to now finally know it for sure.

The only problem is that now I really want this mixer.. ;)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:33 PM - 25 June, 2015
Quote:

The only problem is that now I really want this mixer.. ;)

If you're partake in the discussion, that means you want the mixer! no ifs and, or buts lol

Just sayin! :P
eightplex 3:23 PM - 30 June, 2015
I've hooked this mixer up with CDJ's, TEchs directly into a Digital home reciever out of the Digital out. High end home speakers - I have to say it is the cleanest sounding mixer I've played on and the feel is awesome. The same digital mixer with an expensive preamp and Dennon turntable didn't sound near as nice. Very impressed. Can't wait to full test drive this running DJ software.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 3:32 AM - 13 July, 2015
welp.... there ya have it

Quote:
Hi musiclee,

I'm afraid that we don't reveal what is coming in future versions, but we are always working on stability and new features!

Also we have no plans to support the Denon DN-HC4500 or Rane MP25 in Serato DJ in Serato DJ sorry.

Cheers,
Michael.
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:21 AM - 13 July, 2015
Hey Kevin,

I don't see any previous discussion in this thread about the hardware Michael has mentioned.

Are you aware this discussion is a request for MP2015? Michael is referring to the Denon DN-HC4500 and the Rane MP25. Those are both different pieces of hardware.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 3:26 PM - 13 July, 2015
DOHHH , my bad lol . I saw MP and had a small stroke ....

Quote:
Hey Kevin,

I don't see any previous discussion in this thread about the hardware Michael has mentioned.

Are you aware this discussion is a request for MP2015? Michael is referring to the Denon DN-HC4500 and the Rane MP25. Those are both different pieces of hardware.
Culprit 5:20 PM - 13 July, 2015
the mp25 is dope but I think that mp26 is op as hell.. so damn sexy
eightplex 3:28 AM - 15 July, 2015
Waiting patiently *just like I was for my Rane MP2015 - - - throw me a bone man. I have so many serato records ~
eightplex 3:48 AM - 17 July, 2015
Quote:
Hey eightplex,

Unfortunately its against company policy to share specific dates (we get into all kinds of trouble if we do that), but I can tell you this won't be far off.

Please remain patient, you'll see support for this soon!

So can I get a 2 month window? A 3 month window? Grrr. I have around 10 serato records and don't want to go through the buying process with another software.
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:14 AM - 17 July, 2015
Sorry eightplex,

Considering what I said above, sharing specific dates is something I'm not able to do. Lets say, you should read between the lines here and hold on to your Serato records :)

I think you won't be disappointed.
eightplex 2:51 AM - 20 July, 2015
No worries - couldn't wait and bought Traktor. If I don't like it I'll budget for serato next month.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 11:15 PM - 26 July, 2015
Is there a BETA testing team? if so how can i get on it?
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:27 PM - 26 July, 2015
Hey Kevin,

There is a private beta testing team - the best thing you can do if you wish to be involved, is make sure you get amongst the next Public Beta we run. That will be pretty soon, so keep an eye out!

The moderators of the Public Beta will always keep a look out for active members reporting issues in good detail, then we reach out an invite them into the Private group. The Private group have access to all features/hardware support often months in advance to when it reaches public beta.
HARO 12:36 PM - 5 August, 2015
Please add native Serato DJ support to Rane MP2015 (ASAP).
Mr. Goodkat 6:33 PM - 5 August, 2015
police fan haro? always liked that record cover
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 9:51 AM - 10 August, 2015
ITS HERE , the day we all have been waiting for! BUT I have one question for my DJ's that have been using TRAKTOR with the MP 2015.. Does Traktor sound better soincally to you?
HARO 12:32 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
police fan haro? always liked that record cover

Yep, love The Police. Agreed on GITM. Great album that has stood test of time.
HARO 12:35 PM - 10 August, 2015
Thank you very much Serato and Rane for getting SDJ support done on MP2015. The World's finest production mixer can now be used with the World's finest DJ software without any unnecessary hardware. Happy mixing everyone!
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:07 PM - 10 August, 2015
Hey guys,

The new Rane Control panel update is now available, which includes a firmware update for the MP2015 (and TTM 57mkII). This firmware update is necessary for MP2015 use with the Serato DJ 1.7.7 release & Club Kit.

To update the firmware:

1. Download and install the Rane Control Panel app.
2. Open the Control Panel within System Preferences (Mac) or Windows Control Panel (PC).
3. Connect the MP2015 and click the Update Firmware button at the bottom of the screen.
4. Watch the pretty light show and wait for the mixer to reboot.

Rane Control Panel 1.4 for Mac OSX Lion (10.7 to 10.10) -->> dj.rane.com

Rane ASIO Driver and Control Panel 1.4 for Windows 7-SP1, Windows 8 and 8.1. -->> dj.rane.com

MP2015 Firmware Changes from version 1.0.3

• Headphone output level increased 3dB
• Headphone level control taper modified for finer control
• Main, Booth and Session output level taper slightly modified for finer control around center
• Input Gain, Mic Gain, and Session In level taper slightly modified for finer control around center
• Fixed an issue where audio streaming was not restored after waking from sleep on Windows
• Fixed an issue where MIDI controls Request All message did not report current USB port properly
HARO 6:48 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Headphone output level increased 3dB

Bravo! Thanks!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:32 PM - 10 August, 2015
Sweet!
eightplex 4:10 PM - 12 August, 2015
I'll try the demo out and compare it side by side to my copy of Traktor Scratch.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 5:50 PM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:
I'll try the demo out and compare it side by side to my copy of Traktor Scratch.

Right on!