Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Mix Emergency with all in one controllers

Code:E 11:11 PM - 14 February, 2015
So I'm a long time ME user, but only with CDJ's and Pioneer DJM mixers.

I'm thinking of switching over to a controller either NS7III or DDJ-SZ, but want to know about midi mapping those controllers. I have every single control on a pioneer mixer mapped to control the video in one way or another. Does anyone have experience mapping those controllers. I would want to map the pads in each mode todo differnt things. What kind of MIDI singnal do they send out. Is that possible?
Nicholy 6:46 PM - 17 February, 2015
Ive seen the SZ & SX mapped with ME. They only did the 3/4 channel EQ knobs and additional FX knobs so as to not effect live sound. I'm not sure about the pads.
Code:E 10:13 PM - 17 February, 2015
I setup my stuff so when I effect the sound it effects the video at the same time. I'm surprised this thread isn't getting more attention.
DJ Reflex 11:54 PM - 17 February, 2015
Quote:
I'm surprised this thread isn't getting more attention.

Me too actually, but then again I've only seen Code:E give great answers to video situations... not asking the questions! lol Maybe people are just confused at this point. Give it some time!
Code:E 12:05 AM - 18 February, 2015
It would be nice if a Serato Rep stepped in also. I'm sure they have one of every controller at the office and if a tech can't tell them off the top of his head he could find out in a hurry.
Nicholy 4:55 PM - 19 February, 2015
map to the knobs that effect sound on the channels you use. EQ/Filter/Effect knobs.
Code:E 6:54 PM - 19 February, 2015
No clue what your talking about nicholy.

I know I can I can map the all the knobs and faders, its really the pads and any controls that have more than one use.
popnwave 10:05 PM - 19 February, 2015
I've debated trying one of the banks of pads in maybe in slicer mode to do it, just haven't gotten around to try/test it out.
Code:E 12:22 AM - 20 February, 2015
Quote:
I've debated trying one of the banks of pads in maybe in slicer mode to do it, just haven't gotten around to try/test it out.

well currently I have a MPD32 that I use for looping. Loops also trigger effects on the corresponding deck. So I would want that for sure again. But ya the slicer I would also want to trigger effects. and every other pad control type
Code:E 9:14 PM - 3 March, 2015
Bump Bump...... Still no love for this thread.
WarpNote 12:00 AM - 4 March, 2015
Would'nt this kinda need a collaboration between the controller manufacturer and inklen, even maybe serato?
Code:E 12:10 AM - 4 March, 2015
Not that I know of. I just want to know what kind of MIDI data the pads send out. once I'm getting MIDI I can map ME to do anything I want.
WarpNote 1:07 AM - 4 March, 2015
How would we know if the pads even send midi?
Have someone with the SZ hook up midi monitor?
Look into manuals?
Code:E 2:29 AM - 4 March, 2015
Run a program called MIDI monitor, It's free, and is a great tool.
Code:E 2:30 AM - 4 March, 2015
Its a little app that will tell you what midi signals are being sent.
Code:E 2:31 AM - 4 March, 2015
Oh sorry i didnt really read your whole post before I started to write.

Ya I hope someone with a DDJsz and NS7II (or III) can download MIDI monitor, and punch on the pads and find out.
DJ Padida 8:23 AM - 4 March, 2015
Well since i have both the NS7II and midi monitor installed previously why not pitch in. I punched in the first 4 pads what should i be looking at? ID, timestamp event type?
WarpNote 10:02 AM - 4 March, 2015
I only have the DDJ-SX, the DDJ-SP1 & Akai AFX myself Code:E.
I could try those with midi monitor if thats any help?
Code:E 6:42 PM - 4 March, 2015
The SX and SP1 would be of great help.

If both of you could run MIDI Monitor then push each pad in order then change the bank and push them again. Then save the file and upload it or post pictures of the results that would be awesome.

Here's what it should look like. I have plugged my APC40 in

scontent-sea.xx.fbcdn.net

What your looking for is, when you change banks (hopefully a midi signal is sent out then) and that once the bank is changed is that the buttons now send out a different note (data) or Channel (I'm hoping for channel).

Thanks guys.
WarpNote 8:15 AM - 5 March, 2015
Ok, now just into the second day of five days-gig-every-night,
but will try to get to it as soon as possible :-)
Code:E 7:22 PM - 5 March, 2015
Quote:
Ok, now just into the second day of five days-gig-every-night,
but will try to get to it as soon as possible :-)

Thank you.
DJ Padida 7:14 AM - 6 March, 2015
Here's one sorry i don't have dropbox so i used twitter :)

twitter.com
Code:E 8:27 AM - 6 March, 2015
what buttons did you hit there?
DJ Padida 8:57 AM - 6 March, 2015
The 8 MPC Pads on the NS7II (left deck). Note on poly pressure note off are consistent with every pad i hit. 1334 1335 1336 are an example for 1 pad (Pad #6 i believe). Tho the harder i press the more poly pressure will be shown.
Code:E 5:49 PM - 6 March, 2015
if you switch modes (like to loops or slicer) do the same note get played.
DJ Padida 6:02 PM - 6 March, 2015
Yes
Code:E 9:16 PM - 6 March, 2015
Quote:
Yes

Dam that sucks. So whatever mode I have the pads on the they will still trigger the same effects. :(
WarpNote 3:53 PM - 7 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Yes

Dam that sucks. So whatever mode I have the pads on the they will still trigger the same effects. :(

Im not entirely sure how that works. I have yet to try the sp1 with midi monitor yet, however I did try my new novation launch control. It has 2 "pages": default and user. Both pages seemed to send the same midi for pads and knobs, however, once I connected to Resolume, I was still able to use the second page, wierd right?
Need to look more into this next week...
Code:E 4:57 PM - 7 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes

Im not entirely sure how that works. I have yet to try the sp1 with midi monitor yet, however I did try my new novation launch control. It has 2 "pages": default and user. Both pages seemed to send the same midi for pads and knobs, however, once I connected to Resolume, I was still able to use the second page, wierd right?
Need to look more into this next week...

very interesting.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:30 AM - 8 March, 2015
Yeah I just tried this with my SP1 using MidiTrace and its not a hardware shift which is what is needed for this to all work.
Code:E 1:25 AM - 8 March, 2015
Quote:
Yeah I just tried this with my SP1 using MidiTrace and its not a hardware shift which is what is needed for this to all work.

Well I'm thinking of mapping to ME and ME has a software shift button if I am no correct. So I may still be able to get this to work.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:15 AM - 8 March, 2015
Oh yeah!! I always forget about them damn buttons 😜
Code:E 7:16 PM - 9 March, 2015
Quote:
Oh yeah!! I always forget about them damn buttons 😜

I'm also getting ready to make the switch to Serato DJ, so I'm going to remap and re build my Setup for use with Serato DJ.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:33 PM - 9 March, 2015
I recently bought an APC MINI for use with Resolume but I'm thinking I might map half to ME. Not a lot of faders but plenty of buttons.
Code:E 8:33 PM - 9 March, 2015
When I'm doing visuals for festivals and such I use an APC40 and MPD32 at the same time. One for clip's (APC) and the other for instant effect (MPD)
2greendollars 9:23 AM - 10 March, 2015
hey code:E SR and SX can midi map (within Serato DJ), but limited. (SZ is basically an SX/SX2 with 2 soundcards in it and 2 USB's) You can shift+pad press, but probably not something you'd want to do live, but look, its all possible to remap!

You do know that you can download serato DJ and simply by plugging in a SR/SX/SX2/SZ it activates it, right? pretty good! video is included in the package (bring your license key over from video-sl and its a much tighter, stable package!

how about using another pioneer mini controller and midi map your FX to that? Plety of other mini FX controllers out there to midi map to that will give you instant access with video fx etc.

hope that helped. all the best buddy!
ant 2G$
www.2greendollars.com
Code:E 5:25 PM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
hey code:E SR and SX can midi map (within Serato DJ), but limited. (SZ is basically an SX/SX2 with 2 soundcards in it and 2 USB's) You can shift+pad press, but probably not something you'd want to do live, but look, its all possible to remap!

I'm not remapping anything, I want 1 button to control 2 different programs, Serato DJ and Mix Emergency.
Quote:
You do know that you can download serato DJ and simply by plugging in a SR/SX/SX2/SZ it activates it, right? pretty good! video is included in the package (bring your license key over from video-sl and its a much tighter, stable package!

You're new here. Serato Video is an amateurs software. You will see in a hurry that the pro's and guys like me trying todo more advanced things all use ME.

I'm very aware on how the controllers activate Serato. I just don't own one. I'm a CDJ2000 guy, but serato is giving these controller better features and I would like to take advantage of those.

Quote:
how about using another pioneer mini controller and midi map your FX to that? Plety of other mini FX controllers out there to midi map to that will give you instant access with video fx etc.

I already run a more complicated setup than most people on here with lots of extra controllers.

Thank you for trying.
DJ DisGrace 6:48 PM - 10 March, 2015
Haha Ouch!

Serato should implement a user profile designation similar to what you see on other forums. This would prevent "new members" from giving basic advice to "power users" LOL
Code:E 7:55 PM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
Haha Ouch!

Serato should implement a user profile designation similar to what you see on other forums. This would prevent "new members" from giving basic advice to "power users" LOL

+1
DJ Baby Boy 3:57 AM - 11 March, 2015
Alright I just came across this but to answer your question Code:E yes you can map the pads (At least on the SX2) to ME ... I have my sampler set up to trigger the video samples in ME when I hit them on my SX2 as well as triggering certain effects when looping via the pads ... There is different midi signals for each layer of the pads as well so when I go from SP6 pads to velocity SP6 the video samples will not fire since they are only mapped to the SP6 pads not the velocity ... You can also map all of the knobs and faders which has been covered ... The one thing you will have to look out for is conflicting mappings from SX/SZ to your pio mixer if you're gonna be going back and forth between the two because something that does one thing on the mixer may trigger something completely different on an SX/SZ and vice versa so even though it's a pain I would suggest making a copy of your current midi folder in ME and then start fresh with the controller and swap the folders out depending on what hardware you'll be using which once again I know can be a pain but unless Nick creates a way to save multiple midi profiles that's the way it'd have to be done so there is no conflicts between hardware ... Hope this helped
Code:E 5:55 AM - 11 March, 2015
Quote:
Alright I just came across this but to answer your question Code:E yes you can map the pads (At least on the SX2) to ME ...

Awesome

Quote:
The one thing you will have to look out for is conflicting mappings from SX/SZ to your pio mixer if you're gonna be going back and forth between the two

Oh yes I have run into this problem already. And I came up with the same solution you did. But it great advice for anyone else who might want to do this.
Code:E 5:56 AM - 11 March, 2015
Now, if only someone will buy by CDJ's
Nick 6:01 AM - 11 March, 2015
DJ Baby Boy, you can already save and load multiple MIDI profiles in MixEmergency. That's what the Save and Load buttons (on the MIDI window) are for. There's no need to make copies of the MIDI folder.
DJ Baby Boy 6:55 AM - 11 March, 2015
Quote:
DJ Baby Boy, you can already save and load multiple MIDI profiles in MixEmergency. That's what the Save and Load buttons (on the MIDI window) are for. There's no need to make copies of the MIDI folder.

THANK YOU!!! I had never seen this before for whatever reason but this is a HUGE help and will simplify things tremendously thank you Nick!!
2greendollars 12:09 PM - 13 March, 2015
Quote:

that's what I said. amateur. and you can map shift+pad press too. *put expletive here* 30 years on decks and controllers and this IS my job!!
DJ DisGrace 5:31 PM - 13 March, 2015
Ease up 2greendollars.... Although you were trying to help, you're a brand new forum member who jumped into a thread and gave good, but very basic advice, to one of the forums most advanced video users. It did come across as condescending.

You also recommended using SV, which is ironically the least favourite video mixing software on this forum!
Code:E 1:33 AM - 14 March, 2015
Quote:
Ease up 2greendollars.... Although you were trying to help, you're a brand new forum member who jumped into a thread and gave good, but very basic advice, to one of the forums most advanced video users. It did come across as condescending.

You also recommended using SV, which is ironically the least favourite video mixing software on this forum!

Thank you DisGrace.

I wasn't trying to shoot you down greendollars. I'm not sure why your panties are in a bunch. Like i said.
Quote:
Thank you for trying.

You never know when a little tiny piece of insight can help an old pro open his mind to new possibilities.
2greendollars 5:54 AM - 15 March, 2015
thanks guys, in my job I get to try everything Serato, Pioneer, Gemini, ME, Rane, etc. Suppliers like to see if I can endorse their stuff, im not a sell-out like other guys I know. I have to really use and like, to recommend.

Alas, I didn't find ME and its limited platform/OS support thrilling at all. I gave ME a curly question on a performance aspect and they were blank faced about it, so I take it that that's a "No". If you can't do it with SDJ/SV artistically or creatively then its not worth doing, esp with all the new features recently released in SV. I haven't played with the syphon interface yet, but again, I don't use a Mac Platform in my shows (only use a mac as a reference machine in the lab). I use an external standalone processor as my output has to look good when processed into a 3g-sdi environment, then it can get split into up to 12 channels for 3d in some instances. So, ME et al is of no use to me and while ME had a 1up on features to SV for a time, SV has caught up. Might be worth a revisit for you guys!

Nonetheless, it was worth the time in evaluating ME and doing the comparisons. Just didn't make the cut if I had to relegate to going backwards in using a Mac. If ME adds a feature I specify and supports a windows OS, I will revisit as I always keep an open mind.

buddy, im not old. Carl Cox and David Guetta are much older than me. Not to say I'm doing comparisons other than an age thing :)

Back to topic, apologies. I'm still of the opinion that Code:E should try an additional usb controller to control certain aspects of video. With the multitude of updates and changes that happen, if you rely on a single controller and expect it to work if you update any part of any software, it will be your weakest link. This is why I said "yes, can map, but why do you really need to do that".

have a great weekend folks.

ant.
Code:E 9:18 AM - 15 March, 2015
Quote:
I'm still of the opinion that Code:E should try an additional usb controller to control certain aspects of video.

Nope. Tried that, I'm a DJ 1st and foremost. The sound should always be a TOP priority for any DJ of any kind. With dedicated video controllers I found I spent far too much time on the video and not enough on making sure it sounds good. And my open format Battle style (i battle with other DJ's more often than not) where you NEVER play more that 1:30 of any track, spending any amount of time on video alone is a waste.

I just have to know 2greendollars what " Guinness World Record holder for Video DJ'ing" do you hold?
djnak 5:14 AM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:
ME had a 1up on features to SV for a time, SV has caught up. Might be worth a revisit for you guys!

???WTF what planet are you on???
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:13 PM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
ME had a 1up on features to SV for a time, SV has caught up. Might be worth a revisit for you guys!

???WTF what planet are you on???

LOL 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 WTF! This guy!

SV and Windows is better 😂😂😂😂 shut the door on your way out lol
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:18 PM - 16 March, 2015
Yeah I gotta agree, SV is shit, period and if I was stuck using a Windows machine I'd use VDJ cause even that has more to offer then SV........
DJMark 8:50 PM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:
while ME had a 1up on features to SV for a time, SV has caught up.

That may be the single dumbest, most misinformed comment I've ever read in this forum.

Considering some of what's been posted here, that's a big achievement, especially coming from a new user.
Code:E 5:17 AM - 17 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
while ME had a 1up on features to SV for a time, SV has caught up.

That may be the single dumbest, most misinformed comment I've ever read in this forum.

Considering some of what's been posted here, that's a big achievement, especially coming from a new user.

I was thinking exactly thing...... Now that the circus is over. Could we please get back to the topic at hand. Advanced Mix Emergency Mapping with Serato DJ Hardware that has pads for controllers.
skinnyguy 7:17 AM - 17 March, 2015
now if he starts suggesting Beamz as that extra usb controller....
2greendollars 12:57 PM - 18 March, 2015
hmm.

now if only you could use this thing called "google"

www.guinnessworldrecords.com

I will cease being part of this conversation. I guess you al here know much more than me and are pretty rude and arrogant too. Maybe one day you will make more money than your inflated egos permit.

goodbye! and ps - its 3 Guinness world records. I cant wait to hear your farcical comments on that as well. Honestly haven't been in a discussion on this site more wank worthy than right here, and I've been on this site since 2009.

ant
www.2greendollars.com
DJ DisGrace 1:22 PM - 18 March, 2015
Hmmm, a video dj world record that no one on the Serato Video forum has ever hear about? Had to see it to believe it.

Seriously, 2greendollars. We are genuinely interested in knowing why you think SV is ahead of ME. Even I terms of the pure basics, such as video quality and CPU load, ME is light years ahead. What is it about SV that makes it indispensable to your show?
DJ DisGrace 1:23 PM - 18 March, 2015
We may come off as rude or even arrogant, but you literally marched into a Manchester United pub and yelled "go Arsenal"
2greendollars 2:52 PM - 18 March, 2015
I don't come here much anymore purely because people don't follow the forum rules and so its really pointless to offer any advice or input to colleagues whose egos are greater than their zest for knowledge. I might pop in every year or so, then simply leave due to the behaviour.

One very basic aspect of M/E is that it only runs on a Mac platform. I have to pump out visuals 10 stories high, multiple sources, and when pushing 3d it gets split up into 12 channels, live and in real-time. A Mac platform wont cut it in video quality and integrity without some decent post processing work to try to reconstitute something I could use in my shows. One of my gigs i'm working on has me pushing video to a 140 metre wide object. Cant do that out of a single hdmi port without it looking like amateur hour.

You might disagree with my mac platform statement, and that's perfectly ok because you go with what you know. I'm definitely never ever going to "try" something again using a mac on a big stage that I can't matrix it out or split it without vertical or temporal distortion, out of phase / sync / lock etc. I was recently a guest at a Las Vegas club that was transitioning Video DJ's that basically had the whole club dead quiet for 10 minutes. WTF?1800+people in it weren't impressed. Basically due to a Mac's "sleep" mode apparently. Not going to name the DJ's but they are well known.

I use some external equipment that mimicks some of M/E features, in fact, more than what M/E can do. When I have to combine live and pre-recorded sources simultaneously for example, Neither program cuts it. But, if I had to trust that something would work and continue to work no matter what crap video and what crap format I throw at it, hands down SV, when configured properly, it simply nails it.

I have gripes with SV too and due to the ego factor here I instead send a message direct to serato support. They likely look at my request and say "are you serious?" and they eventually send me workarounds. Workarounds that you cant do on a Mac. I just gave them one of the curliest setups for SV last week and they came back with an answer to make it work. Cant do that with M/E. Its not about the features but the functionality in the most challenging environments without taking the focus away from your music mixing. That's what serato does, and does best. Never thought it could come out of New Zealand, but middle earth has given us an amazing tool!

Again, on a PC platform I can make customised changes, manual controller remaps, new configs, assess the stability and risk of failure, and opt to include it in the next show as something new and exciting. As far as risk taking, there were a lot of risks taken in the Guinness World Record (including hosting it in war torn Lebanon when I had the option for Cyprus or Ibiza) and yet a single laptop ran for me for the whole time, no glitches or otherwise. And, as Code:E mentions and taking you all back to the original question, the focus here is the music and everyone has to ensure that the quality and progression of your music mix isn't overpowered by your "amazeballs" M/E FX that crowds tire of after 10 minutes. They would rather stare at the semi naked chick bouncing away in the corner of the Manchester United Pub!

So we all agree: Code:E has a solution to M/E using a single controller. As for CPU Loads yada yada, I bought a PC to work it out and if it has to sit at high load so what? I don't have to read my emails on it or do anything else but DJ on it, Its effectively cooled and I'm getting my moneys worth out of the high spec device. Average life of any production laptop of mine is a year so its not as if I have to keep saving energy or something like that. And if you're using your laptop for longer than a year without updating it then maybe you're not gigging enough to wear the damn things out.

As I said before, if M/E ever makes it over to the PC Domain, Ill re-evaluate it. I'm open to all new stuff and value peoples advice here. I learn here too! I cant see the value out of the supposed additional features that I cannot already do with a SDJ/Video and additional external equipment to suit the challenge/gig required, but i'm always on the lookout for tools that make me do more and use less equipment. My first exposure to video mixing was in 1985 in all places - Disneyland Los Angeles (videopolis), where I was exposed and entored in playing one inch video tapes and segue mixing tracks. In 2006, my Video DJ Rig was as big as a washing machine (but I never thought it could compact any further). Having the ability today to merge functions on a single controller is really very nice, indeed! No more excess luggage.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:27 PM - 18 March, 2015
What is exactly you are doing??

Because between M/E and Resolume or even VDJ for that matter I can have muliple live feeds and throw a bunch of visuals up on top of mixing tracks. I even use 3 projectors off of 1 Mac or even my PC.

I just don't think your conveying anything to special here, I mean all of this can be already and when I use VDJ I can trigger lighting cues from my tracks cue points with ShowXpress on top of everything I've already mentioned.

I'm not trying to be a dick here I'm just not picturing anything that's mind blowing if that makes sense.

And no I'm not trying to sell you on any programs either, lol! I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what it is you do 👌
djnak 7:38 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:

I was recently a guest at a Las Vegas club that was transitioning Video DJ's that basically had the whole club dead quiet for 10 minutes. WTF?1800+people in it weren't impressed. Basically due to a Mac's "sleep" mode apparently. Not going to name the DJ's but they are well known.erly, it simply nails it.

name the club then...cause for some reason I am calling bullshit....

as for the rest of the B.s. you wrote it is just that b.s..... you really just don't have the slightest clue....

yes were dj's we all have ego's but it is only yours that is getting hurt because a spade is being called a spade...

The world record bullshit, you should have never tried to pull that card....what was that for? did you do it for a charity or something?...or did you just video dj for 25 hours 23 minutes 22 seconds to get a "world record".....this proves nothing about your ability as a video dj ....it does NOT give you any status other than you played music for a really long time.....congrats....

and even then when you look up the record for Marathon club djing, your record seems weak 200hrs vs 25 and some change...kinda seems like a greasy way of getting a "world record" but only putting in 1/8th of the work...

Just please stop.....
DJMark 8:16 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
I don't come here much anymore purely because people don't worship me and so its really pointless
2greendollars 2:46 AM - 20 March, 2015
hey soundinsurgent

ignoring those who are breaching rule #1 of the forums.

small sample of pics from my shows:

www.2greendollars.com!gallery/zoom/c1p9k/image1j5v

and laser convergent 3d holography (b+w)

www.2greendollars.com!gallery/zoom/c1p9k/image4zi

theres a few more pics floating around from other sources on my shows.
id like to see M/E on PC so I can squeeze more out of it. I always keep an open mind on new software that makes things easier.
happy to take this offline or in a new/different thread as its irrelevant to Code:E's question
2greendollars 2:50 AM - 20 March, 2015
sorry, the pic links don't work.

insert a /# before the ! in the link. then the link works.
djnak 8:36 AM - 20 March, 2015
Dj ListenDat 9:17 AM - 20 March, 2015
All this is awesome !! Thanks all you guys for the pictures and videos. I didn't know this exist. I live in Paris and clubs are not equiped that much for video mixing
Code:E 9:08 PM - 20 March, 2015
Quote:
All this is awesome !! Thanks all you guys for the pictures and videos. I didn't know this exist. I live in Paris and clubs are not equiped that much for video mixing

I'm so confused. I'm pretty sure this is sarcasim. And I know your an advanced user. I'm just not sure what or who you are trying to rip on.
Dj ListenDat 5:12 PM - 21 March, 2015
no my man it's not sarcasim at all. Honestly i had never seen that. As i told you we don't have clubs equipped for video mixing in Paris. Even for my VJ sets it's just about melting video clips as i would do with sounds (meaning simple fading transitions). I didn't know djs where doing that many video stuffs which i honestly find awesome
Code:E 6:13 PM - 21 March, 2015
Quote:
As i told you we don't have clubs equipped for video mixing in Paris.

Oh really.... Well if you have any question on how to do it let me know.

Oh dude, my res just bought 3 new short throw projectors and I'm about to start setting up a mapped structure on the wall.
DJ Quartz 7:08 PM - 21 March, 2015
I've been testing with my NS7FX and SL4/SP1 setup and I used it last night with a 68/SP1 setup.
Res-Q 11:01 PM - 21 March, 2015
Quote:
no my man it's not sarcasim at all. Honestly i had never seen that. As i told you we don't have clubs equipped for video mixing in Paris. Even for my VJ sets it's just about melting video clips as i would do with sounds (meaning simple fading transitions). I didn't know djs where doing that many video stuffs which i honestly find awesome

Clubs in Paris are cheap ass mofos, that's why i live there but I always spin abroad lol. Where do you spin ListenDat?
Code:E 11:40 PM - 21 March, 2015
Quote:
I've been testing with my NS7FX and SL4/SP1 setup and I used it last night with a 68/SP1 setup.

So lets say your on hot cues. can you map an effect to come on, then switch to the sample and have it trigger ME sampler?
DJ Quartz 5:45 PM - 22 March, 2015
When in sampler mode the layer gives out separate messages from the the other mode with is good so I could map the pads to the sample bank in ME.

With the NS7FX, it tracks the fader so I could use the sync buttons to change effects once I upgrade my mixer.

What I meant by that is with the SL4/SP1 setup, I could use the arrow keys to crossfade but I could remap them once I have a supported SDJ mixer to take care of that.

The other problem I ran into is currently if you disable SV and switch to the SV layer on the SP1 it has a pop up window for the serial number which wastes space on the UI.

There is another issue I found when you disable SV after launching SDJ with it enabled but I won't get into that.

It just makes the SV layer on the SP1 not really usable UI wise but you could map that whole layer to control ME once this is corrected.

But to answer your question in theory it could be possible depending on what you wanted to map that to, how you want it to trigger, etc, etc...
Dj ListenDat 9:15 AM - 23 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
As i told you we don't have clubs equipped for video mixing in Paris.

Oh really.... Well if you have any question on how to do it let me know.

Oh dude, my res just bought 3 new short throw projectors and I'm about to start setting up a mapped structure on the wall.

I'll definitely come back to you if oney to know more about all of this thanks
Dj ListenDat 9:18 AM - 23 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Clubs in Paris are cheap ass mofos, that's why i live there but I always spin abroad lol. Where do you spin ListenDat?

I used to VJ in a club/bar in Bastille called Treplay. I also did it once at club Crystal (the name has changed i don't remember the new one) on Champs Elysees and also Libertalia lounge during the summer
2greendollars 12:49 PM - 23 March, 2015
Quote:
...... Watchvimeo.com

nak? ok so a lot of visuals...are they all your work? I think not, but its a good sizzle reel anyway. I don't see the relevance but, nice try :)

as for Guinness world record Dj'ing. I achieved that back in 2003. 98hrs 12 mins was enough for me. That record has been challenged over 300 times and been broken about 38 or 40 times since. I remember a few of them were disqualified for drug use during attempts. Not easy breaking any record, let alone 3. 200 hours is the current record and the lax requirements and no real challenges for that record isn't inspiring to go back to break that one again.

Anyway, heres something that I produced 6 years ago now, and then challenged every year till last year with more features, DJ's and props. code:E might be interested to know that I used cue points to trigger fireworks and had to do it remotely as the dj console was a no-go zone in 2009/10 show while a ton of fireworks was set off inside to a full house of punters at MGM Macau. Serato guys helped in providing me with directions to how to do that, but it was a challenge as for pyro, we usually record soundtracks and give to the pyro techs to playback in time with fireworks, however, we needed to be able to fully control the intensity and timing of the pyro with video for the full effect, then go straight into transitioning into the band playing without any breaks. We had 48 hours to setup and there were "last minute" changes up to 90 minutes before the gong hit, so no way to do it but live!
The worlds largest indoor pyrotechnic display was also world record setting, but we wont get into that :)
I did 3 more shows for MGM after this one and they are all on the MGM Channel too, and below. Each year we set new challenges with serato and automation fx blended with video. So there, you can map anything within serato and even map out to trigger other devices too (but on a PC platform - but don't do it unless you know what you're doing as Macs environment prevents you from going too crazy with stuff for good reason - reliability. Hope this inspires you all. and yes, setting some new records this year (so only doing limited gigs for the moment), but seriously, ive set the bar pretty high this time and even the serato peeps are wondering - why? Because its there I guess. cheers! Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:35 PM - 23 March, 2015
You can map anything with serato sv can u feck lol
With me you have so mich more and with a mac you have quartz that are really powerful and do some great stuff the video output is better quality and you can customise the video output in me you cant sv.

Tons of stuff could be done with me to much to mention i guess.

I want to know what all these mac and me limits you keep talking about that pc and sv can do.

Thats what i am more interested in.

What other software/hardware you linking up to get more out of your video shows? Because i guess you not just using sv and thats it?
PopRoXxX 9:56 PM - 15 April, 2015
"I just came here for the comments"

replygif.net
DJ Quartz 12:25 AM - 16 April, 2015
Quote:
replygif.net

Ha ha

I'm using it with the SP1 in advanced midi mode right now and having a lot of fun.
PopRoXxX 2:39 AM - 16 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
replygif.net

Ha ha

I'm using it with the SP1 in advanced midi mode right now and having a lot of fun.

That's what I like to hear! ;)
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:20 PM - 31 March, 2016
Quote:
I recently bought an APC MINI for use with Resolume but I'm thinking I might map half to ME. Not a lot of faders but plenty of buttons.

HI did you map the Apc Mini to ME. How did you get the pads to light up?

Mapping is easy, just did that this morning. But the pads are not lit. Googled a bit and realized there is no midi editor program for Akai.

I want to know if there is a way to get the pads to light up even if it's just orange so I can see the pads in a dark environment.

If there is none I'm going to return the controller. I kinda like it as its got everything I need to trigger presets and faders too.

I'm planning to use it for that purpose solely.
Code:E 8:59 PM - 31 March, 2016
Getting pads to light up is not easy. It will take a fair amount of work on any and every midi controller I have used.

2 options to try. #1. Play with ME's MIDI out fucntions. I doubt this will work but hell you never know and you might get lucky.

#2 get a MIDI editor program and edit any and all MIDI commands you could want to send. You will need to map out (on paper) what midi command is sent out by every button. Then have the program take those commands and changed them, (map the changes to ME) but well your doing that you should be able to edit the MIDI output status of each button. And set the colours that way.