Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ 1.7.3 Newly added tracks go missing after restarting serato

DJ P... Da don 3:49 AM - 8 February, 2015
Been having very late nights adding new tracks to my crates just to discover today that they are all missing :(
From easily over 20 tracks just added to a crate after restarting Serato it only shows a single one.

- Already recreated the Database file, (kept a backup just in case) nothing
- searched for one of the new songs, non existing, dragged it onto serato, it does shows it as reading the new song

Had to cancel my radio show, long story short, added the same tracks to their corresponding crates while I was getting ready at the club, was able to DJ them... just opened SDJ, went to the crates that I edited last night and again the tracks are missing in most of the new crates. In some of them there are still around 15 tracks while in other ones only shows a single track...

Any ideas of what could be going on?

Thanks,
DJ P... Da don 4:01 AM - 8 February, 2015
The only thing that has changed is that I swapped this drive for a new one, I'm running Mac OS X Mavericks, all files were carried over, permissions are set to the same, Serato DJ's permissions are set to myuser:staff, I do see that Serato SL has the permissions set to root:staff I believe.
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:17 PM - 8 February, 2015
If you type in the search " i am a twat " then press the x to clear the search they should all show up again. Its a bug.
DJ P... Da don 9:37 PM - 8 February, 2015
Quote:
If you type in the search " i am a twat " then press the x to clear the search they should all show up again. Its a bug.

Really? nothing better to do on a Sunday?
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:43 PM - 8 February, 2015
Did you try it? Only tying to help
DJ P... Da don 9:55 PM - 8 February, 2015
Are you referring to search for "whatever" close it and then the missing items should show up within the crate?
If so, been there done that, please see my original post with "searched for one of the new songs, non existing, dragged it onto serato, it does shows it as reading the new song"
Serato, Support
Micah G. 1:59 AM - 9 February, 2015
Hey DJ P... Da don,

Hit up the support team, and we can help out. Start a help request here - support.serato.com

Cheers,
Micah
DJ P... Da don 2:03 AM - 9 February, 2015
Quote:
Hey DJ P... Da don,

Hit up the support team, and we can help out. Start a help request here - support.serato.com

Cheers,
Micah

Thanks, already have a support case open, created one here just in case there were other people experiencing the same issue.
I'm currently uploading a video to google drive showing the issue.

:(
Serato, Support
Micah G. 2:13 AM - 9 February, 2015
Ok, cool, I'll chase that up for you now.

Cheers,
Micah
DJ P... Da don 3:03 AM - 9 February, 2015
Quote:
Ok, cool, I'll chase that up for you now.

Cheers,
Micah

Thanks again, this is the request number: 69182
Have also attached a link to a video showing what the issue is.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:28 AM - 9 February, 2015
Quote:
Are you referring to search for "whatever" close it and then the missing items should show up within the crate?
If so, been there done that, please see my original post with "searched for one of the new songs, non existing, dragged it onto serato, it does shows it as reading the new song"

Haha ya i was, Ow i must have miss read that part.

Looks like Serato are on the ball.
BleedR 3:42 PM - 9 February, 2015
Looks like this issue, right? You don't need any support, they need to fix it finally!

serato.com
DJ P... Da don 4:08 PM - 9 February, 2015
Quote:
Looks like this issue, right? You don't need any support, they need to fix it finally!

serato.com

Awesome, will check it out once at home, did do a quick read, sounded like permissions at first but they are all set to the same ones, was also thinking about reinstalling the OS, anyhow, will give it another read, now my final question is, if fixed, would it show all the tracks I previously added or do I have to go through about 5gb worth of music again? :s LOL

Thanks,
Hennessy107 2:57 PM - 16 February, 2015
JUST POSTED A DISCUSSION SAME THINGS HAPPENING TO ME. I DELETED SCRATCH LIVE STARTED USING DJ AN NOTICED HRS OF WORK TO MY CRATES WERE'NT SAVED. SMH...
DJ P... Da don 3:07 PM - 16 February, 2015
Quote:
JUST POSTED A DISCUSSION SAME THINGS HAPPENING TO ME. I DELETED SCRATCH LIVE STARTED USING DJ AN NOTICED HRS OF WORK TO MY CRATES WERE'NT SAVED. SMH...

- backed up my music to my NAS,
- wiped my music HDD and wiped my main drive plus performed a clean Yosemite install
- Restored music and crates.
- Serato DJ fails,

but guess this, Serato Scratch Live is able to update my crates with no issues, the one thing I've always noticed is that SSL requires elevated permissions when being installed unlike SDJ...

This is driving me crazy
Hennessy107 12:47 AM - 18 February, 2015
so were u able to get it to work on dj??? i had to reinstall ssl to finish up work for a gig. Even the sampler dont save.. damn just when i was ready to move on to serato dj this is happening.
DJ P... Da don 12:52 AM - 18 February, 2015
@
Quote:
so were u able to get it to work on dj??? i had to reinstall ssl to finish up work for a gig. Even the sampler dont save.. damn just when i was ready to move on to serato dj this is happening.

Yes, been able to.

The weird thing is that I always move music from A to B and have never had this issue before, certainly don't recall having it with 1.6.3 and for sure with the rock solid SSL :s

So thinking about using SSL to sort new music and play with SDJ I guess
Hennessy107 1:12 AM - 18 February, 2015
if you dont mind telling how u got it to work..just put in a help request. Thats what i had to do organize on ssl an work with serato dj..
DJ P... Da don 1:41 AM - 18 February, 2015
Quote:
if you dont mind telling how u got it to work..just put in a help request. Thats what i had to do organize on ssl an work with serato dj..

That's exactly what I said, organize on SSL and dj with SDJ :(
DJ P... Da don 3:58 PM - 19 February, 2015
Now they are blaming it on the way my drives are setup, this was working before for almost 2 years, and older versions of SDJ work which perhaps is what I may need to do.
DJ P... Da don 6:22 AM - 1 March, 2015
Well the solution was to use SSL to organize my tracks and SDJ only when performing with the DDJ SP1 and Technics.... going back to SSL when using CDJs 2000 in HID mode as they work better on it rather than on SDJ