Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Issues with 1.7.3. Loops/Flip/ CPU

MACA 10:15 PM - 1 February, 2015
Hey there

Been searching the Forum and the Internet but couldn´t get any help really,so i just open this discussion..

I have like 3 little Issues with the 1.7.3.
been using SL for many years and switched to SDJ since a few weeks.Never really had big Problems with both..
All in all i really like SDJ better except for these:

- i get USB Dropouts and extremely high CPU usage (over 80%) when i switch the SP6 Sample banks A-D,no matter if i switch them on my DDJ-SP1 or on the Screen with the Trackpad (this also was on 1.7.2.)

-When i have an saved Loop active and switch to another Loop Slot (no matter if filled or empty) the playing Loop just gets inactive (while the Loop in the chosen Slot stays also inactive)..is this the way i should be?
i mean..maybe i want Loop 1 active,while i already klick on Loop 2..hit some Cues..and then activate Loop 2
Can´t really remember if this was also on 1.7.2. but i don´t think i was like that..

-and the third one is more of a question:is there a way to turn saved Loops or Flips instantly ON when you load a Track?
In my case it seems like all saved Loops or Flips are always OFF when i load a Track..
Sometimes i would like to have a saved Loop already be ON when i load a Track into a Deck and not always have to load..and the click Loop ON..

And one more last little thing..
somehow the "drop to cue points" or the "sticker lock" doesn´t seem to work perfectly..
sometimes i have to drop the needle 3 times on the cue 1 on the vinyl til cue 1 comes on...
and i checked the sticker lock to always spin forward but sometimes have to spin 2 rounds til my cue is on the sticker position...
i thought this was due to my old vinyls,replaced them with brand new ones,but it´s still there..maybe it´s the old needles (shure M44-7) had no time to replaced them as well..

thanks in advance for helping me out (sorry for my bad english,i hope i made my problems understandable)

-Macbook Pro i5 4gb -> never had any big issues (and i don´t think the Loop problems are produced by the Macbook..don´t know about the CPU usage when switching Sample Slots..but that shouldn´t be a big problem for the Macbook also..i think these are all Software Problems,excuse me if i´m wrong)
-Pioneer DJM900 SRT / Rane SL2
-Pioneer DDj SP1
-Technics SL1200
MACA 4:32 PM - 5 February, 2015
Anyone?
DJ Tecniq 6:03 PM - 5 February, 2015
Sounds like the Mac is not beefy enough for SDJ. SDJ uses a ton of more power than ssl unfortunately. If you are getting high cpu issues that's a clear indication the laptop is outdated or under specs. It's the truth though👍
Serato, Support
Matt P 2:11 AM - 6 February, 2015
Hey MACA,

I'd like to help with your problems, if you could start a thread at support.serato.com I'll be able to pick it up and walk through your issues.

Quote:
-and the third one is more of a question:is there a way to turn saved Loops or Flips instantly ON when you load a Track?
In my case it seems like all saved Loops or Flips are always OFF when i load a Track..
Sometimes i would like to have a saved Loop already be ON when i load a Track into a Deck and not always have to load..and the click Loop ON..

Flips remember the ON position for track load.

Some of your other problems i'd like to talk through

Regards

Matt P
MACA 10:17 PM - 6 February, 2015
Thanks for the answer

you are right with Flip..my fault!!!

I sent a Help Request about the other Issues...

Thanks
maxi_mus 8:02 PM - 16 May, 2015
I have an issue with flips. I have made ones that work before. But for one file, whenever I record a flip I then just can't turn in 'on'. The on button just doesn't react. Any hints?
maxi_mus 1:51 PM - 29 May, 2015
Further explanation: When I record a flip with loop snap turned off, even if the 'on' button is activated (in the flip panel) the flip is not turned on after saving, and I can never turn it on because pressing the on button just doesn't have any effect whatsoever. With loop snap turned on it works as expected. This is really strange behavior, must be some corrupt data due to a crash or something. On another computer it works fine. I'm filing a bug report now.