DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Grandmaster Flash would be PROUD...

DJ GaFFle 9:08 PM - 26 January, 2015
www.facebook.com

((( applause to JM )))

I've never heard this routine recreated... VERY impressive! I didn't know he had it in him... :-)
Gio Alex 9:27 PM - 26 January, 2015
Another one bites the dust scratch though, diggin that. Props Johnny M!
ral 10:27 PM - 26 January, 2015
yeah
Joee 11:26 PM - 26 January, 2015
Quote:
www.facebook.com

((( applause to JM )))

I've never heard this routine recreated... VERY impressive! I didn't know he had it in him... :-)

are you sure grand master flash wasn't preforming these scratches? i think he was in the corner some ware out of view

cause it sounded just like him…….lol
Dj Mike P. 1:12 AM - 27 January, 2015
That was dope, salute!!!
DJ Dynamight 2:56 AM - 27 January, 2015
I can dig it!! Funky!!
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:24 AM - 27 January, 2015
Nice Job - damn - he rocked that shit.

I was wondering how he was gonna do the Ronald Reagan thing....

Kewl!!!!
HighTopFade 5:44 AM - 27 January, 2015
Hella tight.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:26 PM - 27 January, 2015
Ha, here's the dropbox link to the actual video before Facebook "converted" it and misaligned the sound to the movements...

It's clearer also...

www.dropbox.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:39 PM - 27 January, 2015
But the BEST part was when The Magnificent Jazzy Jeff HIMSELF chimed in....

www.djjohnnym.com
DJ GaFFle 3:35 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:

Kewl!!!!

What Ronald Reagan thing... do you mean this? Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Dynamight 4:01 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:

www.djjohnnym.com

lol @ you just died...
dj_craigmac 4:55 PM - 27 January, 2015
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!
dj_craigmac 5:08 PM - 27 January, 2015
And you stepped away from your "comfort zone" (using the REALISTIC mixer) lol
Detroitbootybass 5:42 PM - 27 January, 2015
Excellent work! You've got a metric shit-ton of skill!
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:57 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Kewl!!!!

Noted... and educated
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:09 PM - 27 January, 2015
Still tripping at the time, dedication, and practice to replicate the whole routine - Very Cool JM

Remember when errbody was trying to replicate that DJ AM Wonderwall routine - guess the ASHY One just raised the bar - lol

I still don't know how you "lost" that forum battle against DJ 6/Sixxx

Maybe it's time to "Step.... up... if... you... wanna... get... hurt.... and do a friendly rematch with ol' Sixxx now that you FINALLY have Serato (and a modern mixer) - lol
DJ Remy USA 6:35 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
www.facebook.com

((( applause to JM )))

JM is getting sucked off on facebook but Im not hating that was very entertaining to watch JM, let me know when you can do that over some Tiesto.....nah Im joking dope shit
DJ Remy USA 6:37 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:

www.djjohnnym.com

whooooo Jazzy commented God damn thats really cool shit man I hope you can build something I mean you may not care at this point but thats amazing
DJ Remy USA 6:38 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Still tripping at the time, dedication, and practice to replicate the whole routine - Very Cool JM

Remember when errbody was trying to replicate that DJ AM Wonderwall routine - guess the ASHY One just raised the bar - lol

I still don't know how you "lost" that forum battle against DJ 6/Sixxx

Maybe it's time to "Step.... up... if... you... wanna... get... hurt.... and do a friendly rematch with ol' Sixxx now that you FINALLY have Serato (and a modern mixer) - lol

Wonderwall wasnt hard it was just the crab scratches that made it hard to imo.
DJ Shameless 7:02 PM - 27 January, 2015
WOW... that was incredibly accurate.
Much respect DJ JohnnyM
Joee 7:22 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Much respect DJ JohnnyM

i'm telling you

Quote:
are you sure grand master flash wasn't preforming these scratches? i think he was in the corner some ware out of view

DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:42 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Kewl!!!!

Yeah, I ripped The Hellers from Youtube, but people keep calling it the Ronald Regan thing, (is that him? lol), so that's what I referred to it as..
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:46 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

www.djjohnnym.com

whooooo Jazzy commented God damn thats really cool shit man I hope you can build something I mean you may not care at this point but thats amazing

Ha, what's funny is that I was in touch with Jeff before on Facebook to see if he remembered "Stealing" my MC back in the day.

His name was El Cid, and I had electronic copies of what he and JEFF did, so I sent him a copy and said "Do you remember this?", and he was buggin....lol..

I still remember Cid saying to me one day, "Hey, I met Jazzy Jeff, he wants me to come to the studio"...

Next thing you know, he says, "Well, I have some good news and some bad"..."Jeff likes my stuff, so he wants me on his label..."...That's also the bad news...lol.

I couldn't hate tho, I'd rather lose my MC to Jazzy Jeff than some other "Regular" DJ...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:47 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Much respect DJ JohnnyM

i'm telling you

Quote:

lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:48 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

www.djjohnnym.com

lol @ you just died...

You have NO idea....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:52 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
(and a modern mixer) - lol

See, that's the part that everyone misses....

Skills using TODAY'S equipment can't compare to skills needed to rock all vinyl on VINTAGE equipment....

Today's equipment has buttery faders, adjustable curves/cut ins/ effects, loops, skippless records, needles DESIGNED for DJ'ing, and the list goes on...

It's gotten to the point where cats who can RIP it on DVS, if given 2 pieces of Vinyl would falter...and that shouldn't be...

This was just a vid to remind everyone how much of a BEAST Flash was back in the day....
Dj Shamann 7:57 PM - 27 January, 2015
It's been a long time since I listened to the OG version (I used to wear it out when I was a kid), but that brought it all back, it was dead on.

It's funny because it seems like such a simple routine on the surface (compared to all this triple-click this and that we have now) but watching it live on real vinyl is a different story.

Good stuff man.
DJ Remy USA 8:16 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
(and a modern mixer) - lol

See, that's the part that everyone misses....

Skills using TODAY'S equipment can't compare to skills needed to rock all vinyl on VINTAGE equipment....

Today's equipment has buttery faders, adjustable curves/cut ins/ effects, loops, skippless records, needles DESIGNED for DJ'ing, and the list goes on...

It's gotten to the point where cats who can RIP it on DVS, if given 2 pieces of Vinyl would falter...and that shouldn't be...

This was just a vid to remind everyone how much of a BEAST Flash was back in the day....

I concur I never had to spin on vinyl however I wanted to learn. I cant rip it to shreds on serato but when Im vinyl I am much more cautious and dont take as many risk because a needle jump or skip during the party really sucks. In fact I came down and did an all vinyl set with DJ Casper who is also a forum member and he's wicked on the wax so I just open cause Im not as good as he on real vinyl but I better than him on serato but Casper gets my respect he rocks it on vinyl like no other.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:59 PM - 27 January, 2015
Shit was dope
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:00 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Shit was dope

****Who are you and what have you done with Bezzle?***

J/K...Thanks!
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:00 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
www.facebook.com

((( applause to JM )))

I mean, that is fucking amazing. Im just sittin here like damn Johnny, where was this set when sixxx was stompin on ya in the battle? Bad time to keep that ace up ya sleeve....or did losing to sixxx inspire you to train
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:08 PM - 27 January, 2015
Oh, he's back....lmao... I didn't have a VIDEO CAM back then....So you admit I won IF you could have SEEN it huh?

Thanks for that confirmation! lol...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:21 PM - 27 January, 2015
Arrrgh! That was BAIT! And I fell for it....

Foiled again...

Please strike that from the record....
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:01 PM - 27 January, 2015
:D
RogerRabbit 10:06 PM - 27 January, 2015
No modern day crutches involved..

Good job.
AKIEM 11:34 PM - 27 January, 2015
Eh, I already seen it
:-)

I remember a guy telling me it was "cheating" to have both decks on one side....
DJ Remy USA 12:40 AM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
Eh, I already seen it

I remember a guy telling me it was "cheating" to have both decks on one side....

someone alwasy cheating but that shit was tough to do man plus you gotta have the records and the ability queue up real records quickly. Im spoiled by relative mode like the most of us and I love relative mode.

Johnny do this on serato I bet it will sound extra clea get a better camera too damn son it looks like it was recorded by Flash himself when he did it originally lol
AKIEM 12:56 AM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Eh, I already seen it

someone alwasy cheating but that shit was tough to do man plus you gotta have the records and the ability queue up real records quickly. Im spoiled by relative mode like the most of us and I love relative mode.

Johnny do this on serato I bet it will sound extra clea get a better camera too damn son it looks like it was recorded by Flash himself when he did it originally lol

I used to keep both decks on the left, several years. Then I realized I was going to be playing on other peoples sets much more than I thought so I switched back to symmetry. But now instant doubles is kinda back to one side.

Just think is funny someone would call it cheating
DJ Remy USA 1:02 AM - 28 January, 2015
there is no such thing as cheating when everyone has a laptop. Thats why when DJs suck in 2015 it baffles us. Its like use the wave forms if you cant mix just dont sound like shoes in a dryer all night when you clearly have tools to prevent you from sounding like that. DJing is all about track selection these days with so many dope cats out here doing you gotta select better and you gotta produce music if you want to stand out
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:06 AM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
Eh, I already seen it

Of course you have :-)...

I woke up and that jawn went viral....mad shares....

Who knew lots of folks STILL appreciate straight vinyl and turntables....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:11 AM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
Johnny do this on serato I bet it will sound extra clea

That's the whole point, if I did it on Serato, that would defeat the purpose of quick mixing, needle dropping, and all the stuff that Flash had to do to initially put it together....That's why Jeff said what he did....

Quote:
get a better camera too damn son it looks like it was recorded by Flash himself when he did it originally lol

I've got a Logitech C310, and by ITSELF, it's CRYSTAL CLEAR, but the audio is horrible, so I use Adobe Flash Encoder, and it looks terrible...but the AUDIO is crystal...
DJ DisGrace 2:26 AM - 28 January, 2015
A+
AKIEM 2:29 AM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
there is no such thing as cheating when everyone has a laptop. Thats why when DJs suck in 2015 it baffles us. Its like use the wave forms if you cant mix just dont sound like shoes in a dryer all night when you clearly have tools to prevent you from sounding like that. DJing is all about track selection these days with so many dope cats out here doing you gotta select better and you gotta produce music if you want to stand out

Yeah, but this was back in 92 or so
DJ Val-BKNY11203 2:33 AM - 28 January, 2015
Well done young man...well done.
pdidy 2:39 AM - 28 January, 2015
EXCELLENT !!, WHY AM i not surprised that you can do that routine flawlessly.

But im angry at ya camera, you need to do it again with a proper camera before this vid goes dj viral.

Im sure your phone is 1080p, duck-tape that b*tch on at stick.....lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:43 AM - 28 January, 2015
Is this a better version? www.dropbox.com
AKIEM 3:11 AM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Eh, I already seen it

Of course you have :-)...

I woke up and that jawn went viral....mad shares....

Who knew lots of folks STILL appreciate straight vinyl and turntables....

Fool if you don't...

But yeah you posted this before and the same questions was asked; why you ain't use it for That Battle? Whole history of Earth coulda been different... Eh.

Congrats on that viral tho.
RogerRabbit 3:16 AM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:

Not much.

You need something that can record in HD -1080p or higher.

Plus the lighting in the room can be improved to be more on the brighter side - you can barely see the other vintage equipment in the room.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:17 AM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
I used to keep both decks on the left, several years. Then I realized I was going to be playing on other peoples sets much more than I thought so I switched back to symmetry. But now instant doubles is kinda back to one side.

Our Jewish buddy BASICALLY taught me how to enjoy that again (nh). I spun House and transitioned into R&B and Rap spinning "disco style x side by side" for a good part of the 90's....

Instant doubles is that deal...

(and uh... somebody else mentioned that battle between you and 6/Sixxx above too)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:24 AM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Not much.

You need something that can record in HD -1080p or higher.

Plus the lighting in the room can be improved to be more on the brighter side - you can barely see the other vintage equipment in the room.

That's funny, I have recessed lighting in that room, and I thought the previous vids were too bright, so I actually DIMMED them down thinking it would compensate...

Oh well...

I need to fix the configuration of that Logitech C310, because something is just not right...cam was like 40 bucks...
RogerRabbit 3:32 AM - 28 January, 2015
I see you recorded it in "flv", try another file format.
AKIEM 3:34 AM - 28 January, 2015
Yeah, that ash reflects a lot on some cameras depending on the settings and lighting, different ways of dealing with it.
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:04 AM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
EXCELLENT !!, WHY AM i not surprised that you can do that routine flawlessly.

But im angry at ya camera, you need to do it again with a proper camera before this vid goes dj viral.

Im sure your phone is 1080p, duck-tape that b*tch on at stick.....lol

Johnnys 1967 betamax isnt good enough for ya?!
If not go over to his "convince me to upgrade to lazer disc" thread and let him know
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:53 AM - 28 January, 2015
lol...

Family...

This place wouldn't be the same without y'all...

Salute!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:53 AM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
I see you recorded it in "flv", try another file format.

Hmmm......You may have something there....
DJ Remix Detroit 12:38 PM - 28 January, 2015
Props on that vid & the personal response from Jazzy Jeff! Much respect!
DJ GaFFle 6:39 PM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:

LMAO... sneak diss!
Gio Alex 6:44 PM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

LMAO... sneak diss!

LMFAO that's a classy sneak diss. You almost miss it if you're not swift enough.

I'm pretty sure Johnny M's lighting was strategic though to give the filming that vintage pre youtube feel to it. A little vaseline on the lens to make it a little dreamy. Nice touch.
DJ Remy USA 7:30 PM - 28 January, 2015
Pre you tube feel lol oh this is getting good haha yo Johnny since you went viral try to go on tour next hell youtube celebs happen everyday you might be next go for it get yo $$$$
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:43 PM - 28 January, 2015
Im supprised Johnny didnt have an artist with a sketch pad make a series of drawings then ask fir everyones mailing address so he could send out a flip book
CMOS 9:17 PM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
I've got a Logitech C310, and by ITSELF, it's CRYSTAL CLEAR, but the audio is horrible, so I use Adobe Flash Encoder, and it looks terrible...but the AUDIO is crystal...

Try the Ustream Producer App might be better for you than Adobe:

www.ustream.tv
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:18 PM - 28 January, 2015
LOL @ "Vintage" equipment... You already know... :-)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:19 PM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Try the Ustream Producer App might be better for you than Adobe:

www.ustream.tv

Werd?

Hmmm....thanks....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:06 PM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
Props on that vid & the personal response from Jazzy Jeff! Much respect!

Thank you sir..
Gio Alex 10:26 PM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
Im supprised Johnny didnt have an artist with a sketch pad make a series of drawings then ask fir everyones mailing address so he could send out a flip book

I'm dying right now. lol
Gio Alex 10:27 PM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:

What if it played music too, like a greeting card.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:38 AM - 29 January, 2015
Flip books are so OLD SCHOOL....

Get up with the times... 2.bp.blogspot.com
RogerRabbit 6:27 AM - 29 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

LMAO... sneak diss!

Lol nah..Not a diss just satire..

There are a few boxes in-front of the turntables - I just can't make out what they are.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:05 PM - 29 January, 2015
lol, it's an "Old School" boombox...

The lighting is better in this vid...

Watchwww.youtube.com
Joee 4:42 PM - 29 January, 2015
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

nice!
WarpNote 5:34 PM - 29 January, 2015
Nice Johnny! Sounds great, and congrats on the recognition!
The reason the video looks like it's recorded in the 70s, is the low lighting, the fact that its only 320x240pix resolution, and a very compressed low codec quality. I'd say the image is equal to a 64k mp3 file...

I googled your camera, says its capable of HD720, which is 1280x720pix res. ie about 12 times higher resolution than what you shot. Thats the setting you'll want, if you're after a crisp image. Stay away from flv if possible, use h264, avi or quicktime as capture format if you can.

If any of the kids in your house has a good smartphone, or even a camera, you probably wanna consider using that. (I thought all parents had cameras to shoot their kids though..?)
(A better camera will do better in those light conditions...)

I do think you'll get even better viral results, if the video is good quality.
But then again, you might be after that underground look?

Cue the "Solid reasongs for a solid camera" thread... ;-)
Gio Alex 5:41 PM - 29 January, 2015
You gotta flip that SL box or lay it down so that led isn't facing the cam. It's mad distracting. My eyes hurt. Lol
DJ Guayo 7:12 PM - 29 January, 2015
quite playing... you johnny used one of these cameras right here...

en.wikipedia.org

on another note... mad props on the set
WarpNote 7:22 PM - 29 January, 2015
That camera has a better image Guiayo...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:14 PM - 29 January, 2015
Quote:
Nice Johnny! Sounds great, and congrats on the recognition!
The reason the video looks like it's recorded in the 70s, is the low lighting, the fact that its only 320x240pix resolution, and a very compressed low codec quality. I'd say the image is equal to a 64k mp3 file...

I googled your camera, says its capable of HD720, which is 1280x720pix res. ie about 12 times higher resolution than what you shot. Thats the setting you'll want, if you're after a crisp image. Stay away from flv if possible, use h264, avi or quicktime as capture format if you can.

If any of the kids in your house has a good smartphone, or even a camera, you probably wanna consider using that. (I thought all parents had cameras to shoot their kids though..?)
(A better camera will do better in those light conditions...)

I do think you'll get even better viral results, if the video is good quality.
But then again, you might be after that underground look?

Cue the "Solid reasongs for a solid camera" thread... ;-)

BOOOOMMMMM!!!! Thank you sir!

I had the settings set for something like 320 x 240, actually I thought it was 6 something, but I never changed the resolution to 1280 x 720 because it didn't "look" like it "really" changed anything, but I will make those adjustments when I get home, and shoot another flick to test....

And yes, the wife and kids all have iPhones.....but I'd be in the lab, so....they could be more distracting than anything....lol...

I went to download Ustream producer, BUT I'm still on Windows XP on that laptop, (long live Scratchlive 1.9.1-2), so it wouldn't load, as it's for Win 7.

Quote:
use h264, avi or quicktime as capture format if you can.

That's some ^^GOOD INFO^^ up there...

Thanks folks!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:15 PM - 29 January, 2015
Quote:
quite playing... you johnny used one of these cameras right here...

en.wikipedia.org

on another note... mad props on the set

Hmmm.....another "alias"? :-)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:25 PM - 29 January, 2015
BTW, that D-Train vid got a "Like" from Shep Pettibone himself... :-)
WarpNote 8:27 PM - 29 January, 2015
Quote:

Sure thing, Ive done video work for almost 20 years now, so thought I'd share some basics :D
notevarp.com ;-)
CMOS 8:41 PM - 29 January, 2015
Quote:
I went to download Ustream producer, BUT I'm still on Windows XP on that laptop, (long live Scratchlive 1.9.1-2), so it wouldn't load, as it's for Win 7.

How da hell are you a tech guy but never ever ever upgrade anything??????

lol
WarpNote 8:51 PM - 29 January, 2015
Johnny is old school... and his kids/wife gets most of the toys :-D
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:50 PM - 29 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

lol

Because I'm a tech guy. I make what I have work.....

No need to have the hassles of SDJ via Windows 7.....

Serato still has a lot of bugs to work out....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:55 PM - 29 January, 2015
Quote:

THIIIIISSSSSSSS.....

However, I'll be able to bless myself THIS YEAR, (out of necessity..lmao) with some EV's and subs, since I need to get RID of my car, and downsize...

Can't have 2 years left on a car payment on a vehicle with 126,000 miles on it...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:55 PM - 29 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Sure thing, Ive done video work for almost 20 years now, so thought I'd share some basics :D
notevarp.com ;-)

That's good to know....Props on that clip...
DJ GaFFle 11:36 PM - 29 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

THIIIIISSSSSSSS.....

However, I'll be able to bless myself THIS YEAR, (out of necessity..lmao) with some EV's and subs, since I need to get RID of my car, and downsize...

Can't have 2 years left on a car payment on a vehicle with 126,000 miles on it...

[sidebar]I don't know where your speaker quest thread is but you may need to steer yourself towards the new JBL SRX800 powered series.[/sidebar] [topic]
DJ Dub (DC's Own) 12:49 AM - 30 January, 2015
JM this was superb!
DJ Remix Detroit 2:00 AM - 30 January, 2015
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

i crack up laughing everytime you hold those records up to the camera.... like someone can actually read those labels with that grainy "we just landed on the moon" footage...lol

Watchwww.youtube.com
RogerRabbit 6:03 AM - 30 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol

Because I'm a tech guy. I make what I have work.....

No need to have the hassles of SDJ via Windows 7.....

Serato still has a lot of bugs to work out....

Ah, but sometimes you are going to reach a limitation with older platforms as with the ustream example you posted.

If your XP laptop has enough juice you can just use virtualbox to run a virtual windows 7 or even the windows 10 preview to get the updated video software XP does not support.

Ustreaming through a virtual environment may be a stretch though - extra lag..
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:08 PM - 30 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

i crack up laughing everytime you hold those records up to the camera.... like someone can actually read those labels with that grainy "we just landed on the moon" footage...lol

Watchwww.youtube.com

Eh, it's not really to show the labels, it's moreso to show that they're actual records with no tape on the grooves..... :-)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:12 PM - 30 January, 2015
Quote:
Ah, but sometimes you are going to reach a limitation with older platforms as with the ustream example you posted.

If your XP laptop has enough juice you can just use virtualbox to run a virtual windows 7 or even the windows 10 preview to get the updated video software XP does not support.

Ustreaming through a virtual environment may be a stretch though - extra lag..

Yep, and you're right, but I use that laptop EXCLUSIVELY for Scratchlive, period.

Youtube broadcasting is an afterthought...

I've got 5 other desktop/laptops in the house with Win 7 and up, so until I stop seeing issues with SDJ in the complaint departments around here, I'm good...

Or until the laptop physically dies...
ral 3:38 PM - 30 January, 2015
Quote:
Youtube broadcasting is an afterthought...

bad idea

audio to video lag
they can trace the copyrighted song and flag it
Joee 7:33 PM - 30 January, 2015
yo JM you grandmaster flash him self needs to see this vid, if you died cause JJ complimented you work…….whats going to happen when grandmaster flash complements you?

hit up his Facebook/IG/twitter he has to be on one of them

just sayin, he needs to see this JAWN! like gaf said he would be proud!
Joee 7:33 PM - 30 January, 2015
yo JM you grandmaster flash him self needs to see this vid, if you died cause JJ complimented you work…….whats going to happen when grandmaster flash complements you?

just sayin, he needs to see this JAWN! like gaf said he would be proud!
AKIEM 7:36 PM - 30 January, 2015
yup, love to see GMF reaction. money.

wonder if flash could even replicate his own routine that precise right now
Gio Alex 8:02 PM - 30 January, 2015
Quote:
wonder if flash could even replicate his own routine that precise right now

Not hating on the OG because he is a legend, but I doubt it. lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:26 PM - 30 January, 2015
Quote:

Somebody that's friends with GMF did post it to his timeline.

They hit me behind the scenes and let me know...lol.

He probably has to approve it for people to see....

Yeah, if GMF signs off on it, <DJ BucketList Complete>
Gio Alex 8:28 PM - 30 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Haha nice! He's probably thinking "Damn that was good!!!"

But the grandmaster has to approve for sure. I have a friend or two that knows him.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:35 PM - 30 January, 2015
I mean, right now, Jazzy Jeff signed off on it....so....every DJ who looks at Jeff as an idol/inspiration would love to hear him co-sign something you've done in your DJ world...

I'm VERY appreciative of that....and he signed off EARLY....
AKIEM 8:43 PM - 30 January, 2015
I can't hate here.
DJ GaFFle 10:28 PM - 30 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Speaking of "BucketList"... Watchwww.youtube.com Sorry, couldn't resist. :-)

Looks like JM is approaching 30k views on his FB "Wheels of Steel" rendition.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:45 PM - 30 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh.
My.
God.

SALUTE!
AKIEM 10:50 PM - 30 January, 2015
I must SALUTE!

...and thats all...
Joee 11:19 PM - 30 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

NICE!!!!!!!
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 8:50 PM - 2 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Eh, it's not really to show the labels, it's moreso to show that they're actual records with no tape on the grooves..... :-)

Plus old school heads will ALWAYS remember those records from the label - knew from a distance on that grainy footage it was on Prelude - original vinyl - no Unidisc or bootleg.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:27 PM - 2 February, 2015
WHOOOOAHHH hold the phone. I felt something fishy going on here and I WAS RIGHT, Johnny just grandmaster Jayed the rightful owner. Heres the proof

i615.photobucket.com
DJ GaFFle 10:38 PM - 2 February, 2015
Quote:
WHOOOOAHHH hold the phone. I felt something fishy going on here and I WAS RIGHT, Johnny just grandmaster Jayed the rightful owner. Heres the proof

i615.photobucket.com

Did DJ Ru just crash his kudos thread?
Gio Alex 11:16 PM - 2 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

i615.photobucket.com

Did DJ Ru just crash his kudos thread?

Hold up! I'm mad confused right now. Never mind, I think I see what you did Bezzle. lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:19 PM - 2 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Plus old school heads will ALWAYS remember those records from the label - knew from a distance on that grainy footage it was on Prelude - original vinyl - no Unidisc or bootleg.

Exactly.
Original label readers know the labels from a mile away...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:32 PM - 2 February, 2015
Lol @ Bezzle forgetting to change the date from July 2014....smh....Amateurs. :-)
Gio Alex 11:40 PM - 2 February, 2015
Quote:
Lol @ Bezzle forgetting to change the date from July 2014....smh....Amateurs. :-)

Hahaha good catch!
DJ GaFFle 12:21 AM - 3 February, 2015
Hey JM... why don't you post it on Youtube instead of Dropbox?
Gio Alex 12:47 AM - 3 February, 2015
I shoot the video for you next time lol rather than using a flip phone for the video.
Gio Alex 12:47 AM - 3 February, 2015
Correction, I'll*
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:27 AM - 3 February, 2015
Quote:
Hey JM... why don't you post it on Youtube instead of Dropbox?

I actually do have it on YouTube, - Watchwww.youtube.com , but that as the delay as well.

I've done some configuring with that camera (good lookin), so I might put a better quality one up, but the Facebook one took off on a life of it's own so...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:29 AM - 3 February, 2015
Actually, the delay isn't AS bad....but I wanna work out my Cam issue first....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:30 AM - 3 February, 2015
Quote:
I shoot the video for you next time lol rather than using a flip phone for the video.

lol...That Logitech is CLEAR AS HELL once I made the changes Gaffle suggested...

I have do more configuring tho....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:09 PM - 7 March, 2015
So Warpnote, (or whoever can assist), here are my settings for when I use Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder... www.djjohnnym.com.

Lemmie know what you think, or if there's a better capture program out there...
AKIEM 8:19 PM - 7 March, 2015
frame rate 15?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:01 PM - 7 March, 2015
Quote:
frame rate 15?

Should it be more?
Dj Shamann 11:10 PM - 7 March, 2015
Quote:
Should it be more?

Standard film is 24, video 30... current HD digital, 60 fps.
Dj Shamann 11:11 PM - 7 March, 2015
(in North America)
Dj Shamann 11:16 PM - 7 March, 2015
Also, I don't use that program, but why are you taking it in with Mp3 and that rate?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:26 PM - 7 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Should it be more?

Standard film is 24, video 30... current HD digital, 60 fps.

60 huh? Ok, I'll try it out...
AKIEM 11:26 PM - 7 March, 2015
30 for video and AIF or something for audio
AKIEM 11:28 PM - 7 March, 2015
If its for YouTube you don't need 60
Dj Shamann 11:29 PM - 7 March, 2015
Quote:

No definitely not, I'm just letting him know what speed we've caught up to.
Dj Shamann 11:30 PM - 7 March, 2015
I mean Super 8 was 16 fps LOL
Dj Shamann 11:33 PM - 7 March, 2015
Like me personally Johnny, I take the recording in at top quality, and then you can convert down depending on where you're putting the video.

I'm on Mac so my platform options are different, but i like ScreenFlow
AKIEM 11:41 PM - 7 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

No definitely not, I'm just letting him know what speed we've caught up to.

Oh yeah, if you tell him we are at 60 he will select 30 ;)
AKIEM 11:42 PM - 7 March, 2015
Quote:
I mean Super 8 was 16 fps LOL

So how many frames per step?
animation
Dj Shamann 11:57 PM - 7 March, 2015
Quote:
Oh yeah, if you tell him we are at 60 he will select 30 ;)

LOL true, but I also told him film rate was at 24 and video was at 30, what he does with that info is up to him ;)

Quote:
So how many frames per step?
animation

I don't know, I went to film school but capturing animation is not my specialty. I'm in audio, they hand me the separate picture and audio, I know what to do with it.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:10 AM - 8 March, 2015
Ok, updated the frames per second and it did make a difference....

THANK YOU AKIEM! lol...

Now here's where I'm at .... www.djjohnnym.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:11 AM - 8 March, 2015
Quote:
30 for video and AIF or something for audio

It won't let me change it from mp3.
DJ DisGrace 2:41 AM - 8 March, 2015
Is the output set to 320x180? Not familiar with that software, but that's what it looks like.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:56 AM - 8 March, 2015
Quote:
Is the output set to 320x180? Not familiar with that software, but that's what it looks like.

Yes, should it be higher?
DJ DisGrace 3:50 AM - 8 March, 2015
Quote:
The standard resolution is 1920x1080 which is very widely used

Well his input is 1280x720, so set the output to that as well. No use upconverting a 720 video to 1080.

Johhny, you'll probably need to bump the bitrate up too. Experiment with different rates, but obviously a 720 video will require a higher bitrate than the 180. The trade off with quality is file size. Start with 6000 or something. And a framerate of 30 is probably fine. This isn't a Hollywood summer blockbuster movie.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:17 AM - 8 March, 2015
Werd....Good lookin..
WarpNote 7:23 PM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
So Warpnote, (or whoever can assist), here are my settings for when I use Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder... www.djjohnnym.com.

Lemmie know what you think, or if there's a better capture program out there...

Yep, thats more or less the visual counterpart to a 64k mp3, or something like that ;-)

I never even used that app to be honest, I use Adobe Media encoder for all my "low end" video conversion. Been a while since I used media encoder under windows at all, but it did work well on my win7 computer. It is not a capture program however, all my cameras have internal storage.

- First of all I would not use FLV at all, I would use .mp4 or .mov with h264.
Just a lot more versatile container in general IMO.

- Second, to get fluid motion, you will at least need 24fps, (the old cinema standard) but you're even better of at 30fps.

- Third, select 1920x1080 input, if your computer can handle it, same thing for output. Youtube wil automatically create the smaller versions for you once you upload.

- Fourth, you probably wanna up the overall bitrate, normally as high as possible, while still getting "acceptable" file sizes.

Have a look at these screenshots, the movie is about 1 min, in 1080p, new file size about 130mb, source is about 870mb in Apple ProRes 422 codec, .mov container.
(The actual original is about 3,5 GB in 4k resolution...)
Screenshots using Adobe's Youtube 1080p preset. Disregard that I'm using 25fps here, as european TV adhere to the 25 progressive/50 interlaced standard..

Video settings: www.flickr.com
Audio settings: www.flickr.com
(44.1k should be good too, depending on the source.)

Last, If you gonna work with video, I know you really don't? Then get ready to stock up on better hardware, faster computer, bigger screen, more memory, faster and bigger drives. Seemingly small projects can reach huge sizes pretty damn fast. I'd say most of my projects lies in between 200gb and 1tb. I think this partcular one is around 750gb, and the final output is about 1 min of video, lol. "Rastløs" translates to "Restless" btw -> www.notevarp.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:32 PM - 10 March, 2015
Thank you sir. Make no mistake, I'm only trying to make CLEAR YouTube vids...lol. I've got the sound portion down for the most part, (Stereo, clear, etc), but for whatever reason, my vids are mad grainy and or blurry....

If I use the Logitech without the Adobe, the screen is CLEARER, but the audio sounds like a wind tunnel.

If I port it through Adobe, the vid feed suffers, but the sound is better....

Strange.
CMOS 8:04 PM - 10 March, 2015
From looking at the vids, no matter what you do youre going to need some more light in there. Seems very dark and I don't believe that's due to camera settings. Bright light will help people to troubleshoot your vid quality.
WarpNote 8:16 PM - 10 March, 2015
Yep, CMOS is on the point.
Cheap web cameras will have cheap lenses, and by that need more light..

Quote:
I'm only trying to make CLEAR YouTube vids...lo
Actually, that's often more work than most people realize. Just like making CLEAR audio ;-)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:33 PM - 10 March, 2015
Actually the room is quite bright, but I'll work with the brightness settings....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:34 PM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
Cheap web cameras will have cheap lenses,

So what are you saying? lol...
WarpNote 8:35 PM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
So what are you saying? lol...
You know it: shit in, shit out... LOL
But seriously though, some more light would probably make wonders :D
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:53 PM - 10 March, 2015
Real rap, the room is bright, but I'm using the "Automatic" settings on the cam, but I'll manually brighten them and see what happens...

I thought a $40.00-$50.00 Web cam was decent....am I wrong?
WarpNote 9:28 PM - 10 March, 2015
Any camera at 50 usd is decent for web conversation.
For actually filming stuff, personally I would have to disagree.

My cheapest entry point would probably be the base level gopro,
then again, I'm probably a snob and a gear whore ;-)
(And I dont have a family to feed/house)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:42 PM - 10 March, 2015
I'm prolly gonna investigate a Go-Pro... Good lookin...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:48 PM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
My cheapest entry point would probably be the base level gopro,
then again, I'm probably a snob and a gear whore ;-)
(And I dont have a family to feed/house)

Just dawned on me that most cats are prolly rockin' Go-Pros....

Gonna investigate...
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 12:06 AM - 11 March, 2015
Quote:
Just dawned on me that most cats are prolly rockin' MacBook-Pros....

Gonna investigate...

Wrong thread? : )
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:27 AM - 11 March, 2015
Lol! Cats got jokey jokes.
WarpNote 12:31 AM - 11 March, 2015
One point about the older GoPro is that the sound used to be crap,
they have become better with newer models though.
WarpNote 12:34 AM - 11 March, 2015
The best bet for sound is separate recording anyway, preferably right out of the mixer.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:58 AM - 11 March, 2015
I would do some type of Line In from the mixer. Can't stand cam mics.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:06 PM - 14 March, 2015
Man, these Go Pros don't have true line ins...Only Mic Ins...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:18 PM - 14 March, 2015
How's this?

Watchwww.youtube.com
Detroitbootybass 11:54 PM - 14 March, 2015
Quote:
How's this?

Watchwww.youtube.com

Pretty good on my end - and that's for the video, audio, and your handiwork.
Joee 11:54 PM - 14 March, 2015
Quote:
How's this?

Watchwww.youtube.com

I SEE YOU PLAYA!!!!!!!!!!

how this jawn?….lol

Watchwww.youtube.com
Joee 11:56 PM - 14 March, 2015
but ay YO……..leme find out you can get busy wit them jawns left and right and not both to the left……..lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:18 AM - 15 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
How's this?

Watchwww.youtube.com

Pretty good on my end - and that's for the video, audio, and your handiwork.

Thank you sir...

Just trying to get my Video posting game up!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:19 AM - 15 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
How's this?

Watchwww.youtube.com

I SEE YOU PLAYA!!!!!!!!!!

how this jawn?….lol

Watchwww.youtube.com

LOL! I remember that! Philly, South Jersey Strong!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:20 AM - 15 March, 2015
Quote:
but ay YO……..leme find out you can get busy wit them jawns left and right and not both to the left……..lol

Man, just trying to maintain...

Rob Swift put out a Challenge to basically cut up Pump Me Up, but using both hands...

Pretty good idea to get cats to post up....
Joee 12:24 AM - 15 March, 2015
Quote:
Man, just trying to maintain...

Rob Swift put out a Challenge to basically cut up Pump Me Up, but using both hands...

Pretty good idea to get cats to post up....

WORD!

but ay YO…..

you gotta rock it out like this @ 2:12--> Watchwww.youtube.com

lol…….
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:26 AM - 15 March, 2015
Man look...that's CASH MONEY......No happs....lol...

Plus me and a few other cats did the challenge using straight WAX vs. DVS.... :-)
Joee 12:33 AM - 15 March, 2015
Quote:
Man look...that's CASH MONEY......No happs....lol...

Plus me and a few other cats did the challenge using straight WAX vs. DVS.... :-)

no frontin……..he would be proud of the vid you posted ;)

now for your jazzy peter piper……lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:11 AM - 15 March, 2015
Rob Swift commented on my vid.....

I'd like to send out a major fist bump to EVERYONE who participated in #ThePumpMeUpChallenge. For the past week I've been tagged on videos from many of you presenting your own take on how to approach doubles of this classic Go Go song by the group Trouble Funk.
The first DJ I ever heard freak this joint was Cash Money from Philadelphia. Marley Marl played Cash's "Scratching To The Funk" (an actual 12" single featuring Cash cuttin' up "Pump Me Up" for 10 minutes straight) on WBLS' RAP ATTTACK and from that night on I never saw a Turntable the same way. I mean, the funkiness in Cash's scratches was the perfect contrast to all of the intricate patterns he showcased throughout. What's more, Cash flipped this song with 2 vinyl copies. Marinate on that for a minute. Serato didn't exist back in the late 1980s. DJs like Cash didn't have to luxury of setting their Scratch Live to RELATIVE mode and commence to scratching without fear of their records skipping. Oh, and If I may add, he used a 2200 Gemini mixer. Google GEMINI 2200 Mixer if you don't know what it looks like. The mixer had no fader curve or EQs. Yet to this day, what Cash did on "Scratching To The Funk" with subpar equipment is better than ANY of the response videos I've seen to #ThePumpMeUpChallenge in 2015. Mine included!!!
All that being said, I gotta give props to the homey D.j. Johnny M for taking us#Skratchers back to the essence and performing his answer to my challenge with 2 plain ol' records, basically bringing the challenge back full circle. Dude is even rockin' a Rane TTM 56 in this video. When was the last time you saw a Rane TTM 56? To me, today's TTM 56 is the equivalent to the Gemini 2200 of yesterday.
In this technological age of fancy mixers with lights and buttons that make a Sixty Two console look like the cockpit of a 747, listening to a cat like Johnny revert back to DJing in it's purest form transports me back in time. I'm talkin' bout a place where DJs would incorporate BOTH sides of the turntable while#Skratching. Hence, developing the proper instincts it takes to navigate through an actual song like "Pump Me Up".
I think I proved my point the past week, #Skratching "Ahhhh" and "Fresh" over a looper doesn't make you good unless you're able to transfer those skills on to real music.
If you're an up and coming #Skratch DJ, my advice to you is practice with "Ahhh" and "Fresh" but don't get stuck on those to samples. Explore your potential, don't limit it!

www.facebook.com
Joee 10:53 AM - 15 March, 2015
bigups

but this right here i do not agree, the 56 is a beast
Quote:
To me, today's TTM 56 is the equivalent to the Gemini 2200 of yesterday.

the 56 is that same as the 57,57mkII,61,62,64…

56 is the same as all those mixer minus sound card & all the bells and whistles effects cues etc. in short the 56 is a best
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:06 PM - 15 March, 2015
Man look, I CTHU when I saw he said that....

If he only knew what it took for me to GET to a 56/56S in the first place....lmao.

Realistic FOREVER!!!!!
dj_craigmac 5:45 PM - 15 March, 2015
Quote:
Rob Swift commented on my vid.....

I'd like to send out a major fist bump to EVERYONE who participated in #ThePumpMeUpChallenge. For the past week I've been tagged on videos from many of you presenting your own take on how to approach doubles of this classic Go Go song by the group Trouble Funk.
The first DJ I ever heard freak this joint was Cash Money from Philadelphia. Marley Marl played Cash's "Scratching To The Funk" (an actual 12" single featuring Cash cuttin' up "Pump Me Up" for 10 minutes straight) on WBLS' RAP ATTTACK and from that night on I never saw a Turntable the same way. I mean, the funkiness in Cash's scratches was the perfect contrast to all of the intricate patterns he showcased throughout. What's more, Cash flipped this song with 2 vinyl copies. Marinate on that for a minute. Serato didn't exist back in the late 1980s. DJs like Cash didn't have to luxury of setting their Scratch Live to RELATIVE mode and commence to scratching without fear of their records skipping. Oh, and If I may add, he used a 2200 Gemini mixer. Google GEMINI 2200 Mixer if you don't know what it looks like. The mixer had no fader curve or EQs. Yet to this day, what Cash did on "Scratching To The Funk" with subpar equipment is better than ANY of the response videos I've seen to #ThePumpMeUpChallenge in 2015. Mine included!!!
All that being said, I gotta give props to the homey D.j. Johnny M for taking us#Skratchers back to the essence and performing his answer to my challenge with 2 plain ol' records, basically bringing the challenge back full circle. Dude is even rockin' a Rane TTM 56 in this video. When was the last time you saw a Rane TTM 56? To me, today's TTM 56 is the equivalent to the Gemini 2200 of yesterday.
In this technological age of fancy mixers with lights and buttons that make a Sixty Two console look like the cockpit of a 747, listening to a cat like Johnny revert back to DJing in it's purest form transports me back in time. I'm talkin' bout a place where DJs would incorporate BOTH sides of the turntable while#Skratching. Hence, developing the proper instincts it takes to navigate through an actual song like "Pump Me Up".
I think I proved my point the past week, #Skratching "Ahhhh" and "Fresh" over a looper doesn't make you good unless you're able to transfer those skills on to real music.
If you're an up and coming #Skratch DJ, my advice to you is practice with "Ahhh" and "Fresh" but don't get stuck on those to samples. Explore your potential, don't limit it!

www.facebook.com

DAMN!!! 1ST JAZZY JEFF AND NOW ROB SWIFT!!! Props to you JM
AKIEM 6:50 PM - 15 March, 2015
Should of pulled out the Realistics
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:44 PM - 15 March, 2015
Quote:
Should of pulled out the Realistics

LOL, but y'all told me to UPGRADE....lmao.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:48 PM - 15 March, 2015
Quote:

Thank you sir.

On top of that, I received a FB message which turned into a phone call from one of my DJ "Idols" as well!

I hate when people do this, but I understand, so I will keep his name private, (no it wasn't Jeff or Flash) but y'all must realize I was TRULY HUMBLED when dude reached out to me and said I was what HE considered a "Real DJ"......when all the time, he helped contribute to MY DJ style.....

I think I must be getting ready to leave this earth sometime soon.....all these bucket list things are getting checked off....
dj_craigmac 9:48 PM - 15 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you sir.

On top of that, I received a FB message which turned into a phone call from one of my DJ "Idols" as well!

I hate when people do this, but I understand, so I will keep his name private, (no it wasn't Jeff or Flash) but y'all must realize I was TRULY HUMBLED when dude reached out to me and said I was what HE considered a "Real DJ"......when all the time, he helped contribute to MY DJ style.....

I think I must be getting ready to leave this earth sometime soon.....all these bucket list things are getting checked off....

DJ Cheese ???
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:47 PM - 15 March, 2015
Quote:
DJ Cheese ???

Nah, he's good peoples tho....
dj_craigmac 11:02 PM - 15 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
DJ Cheese ???

Nah, he's good peoples tho....

CASH MONEY
dj_craigmac 11:02 PM - 15 March, 2015
???
pdidy 11:16 PM - 15 March, 2015
Well I think we can narrow it down to DJ Cheese or CASH MONEY without forcing jonny to say the name.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:49 AM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:
Well I think we can narrow it down to DJ Cheese or CASH MONEY without forcing jonny to say the name.

No @ Cash Money, Cheese, Jeff, or GMF...

Just a DMC dude who I looked up to back then...
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 1:58 AM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:

was it the Australian dude who let the tecord play for 5 minutes while trying to beat match?

Props on the mention Ashy one....

You'll be getting Celeb hand lotion endorsements soon at this rate - lol
AKIEM 2:50 AM - 16 March, 2015
Austrian...

lol
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:13 AM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:
Austrian...

My Bad - lol Watchwww.youtube.com
Gio Alex 3:15 AM - 16 March, 2015
First off, hats off to you Johnny! Much respect!

New Vid looking better, but you still got that vaseline filter on the lens though. lol Get that go pro fam. I use my ipad to shoot footage actually or just tilt the macbook pro.

Honestly it's all about the lighting. I'm not even using a nice cam on these.

Room sound:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Sound from the recording synced with the video:
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:53 AM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:
was it the Australian dude who let the tecord play for 5 minutes while trying to beat match?

LOL....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:56 AM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:
First off, hats off to you Johnny! Much respect!

Thank you sir

Quote:
New Vid looking better, but you still got that vaseline filter on the lens though. lol Get that go pro fam. I use my ipad to shoot footage actually or just tilt the macbook pro.

Checked on the Go pro's...few hundred bucks....can't justify it right now...

But YOUR vid quality is EXCELLENT.....WOW....

Thanks for the suggestions....
DJ Remix Detroit 1:36 PM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

No @ Cash Money, Cheese, Jeff, or GMF...

Grandmaster Jay?
keepittrill.com

lmao, j/k

Excellents vids man. Congrats on the celeb status!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:11 PM - 16 March, 2015
^^LOL...

Pseudo - Celeb is more like it....

Just tryin' to maintain...
Detroitbootybass 3:37 PM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:

Sound from the recording synced with the video:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Sweet... I always love hearing anything from the first two Imagination albums!
DJ GaFFle 3:45 PM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:
How's this?

Watchwww.youtube.com

i.imgflip.com
DJ Val-BKNY11203 5:16 PM - 16 March, 2015
Big props JM.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:52 PM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
How's this?

Watchwww.youtube.com

i.imgflip.com

I'm going to fite you....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:52 PM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:
Big props JM.

Thank you sir...
DJ Dynamight 8:54 PM - 16 March, 2015
Yo Johnny, nice cuts! Props on the Rob Swift comment!

I have to ask--is that a layer of dust on the mixer eq section? And is that a can of compressed air in the background?
Joee 9:33 PM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:
I have to ask--is that a layer of dust on the mixer eq section

i was thinking the same thing……..lol

CLEAN THAT JAWN!!!!!!!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:35 PM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:
Yo Johnny, nice cuts! Props on the Rob Swift comment!

I have to ask--is that a layer of dust on the mixer eq section? And is that a can of compressed air in the background?

Ya know, I saw that too....

But the answer is NO to both of your questions...lol.

If you go exactly 3 seconds into the vid and freeze it, the shadow of the record I'm holding changes the lighting, so it looks like a "bright" reflection or something...

And that's a can of Electronic Contact cleaner.... :-P
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:41 PM - 16 March, 2015
smh...Y'all go from foggy Vaseline lenses to Electron Microscopes...huh?
DJ Dynamight 9:46 PM - 16 March, 2015
lol
Joee 9:53 PM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:

ummmm no you did!, you first gave us a somewhat dark video, than you gave is a bright video
Joee 9:54 PM - 16 March, 2015
i resent the evidence

video #1
www.facebook.com

video #2
Watchwww.youtube.com
Joee 9:55 PM - 16 March, 2015
resent = present
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:16 PM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

ummmm no you did!, you first gave us a somewhat dark video, than you gave is a bright video

I told you it was bright in thurr...

How about this one?

www.dropbox.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:54 PM - 16 March, 2015
Gio Alex 11:53 PM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:
Actually - Watchwww.youtube.com

Lemme find out you using VHS to record. Smh
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:18 AM - 17 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, this was done when I increased the Frames per second, but I later changed the output to match the input on the later vids...

Y'all gonna be calling me Steven Spielberg in a min....

WOTCH.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 1:13 AM - 17 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

LOL
Gio Alex 1:25 AM - 17 March, 2015
Quote:
Y'all gonna be calling me Steven Spielberg in a min....

WOTCH.

DEAD! LMFAO
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:23 AM - 18 March, 2015
Oh, one more thing....

www.djjohnnym.com

Today.....***sigh***
AKIEM 1:09 AM - 18 March, 2015
smh
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:03 AM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
smh

NOW WHAT?
Joee 2:12 AM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
smh

NOW WHAT?

thats a 5 man…….the new jawn is 6!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:18 AM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
smh

NOW WHAT?

You know I don't know this stuff...

The PRICE is right...
AKIEM 7:37 AM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
smh

NOW WHAT?

Just wanted to be the first to smh because I knew someone would have something critical to say...

iPhone is kinda for chicks if you ask me tho... :-)
Joee 11:46 AM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:

The PRICE is right...

FREE?

that old iPhone 5 is joee approved!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:01 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

The PRICE is right...

FREE?

that old iPhone 5 is joee approved!

That is my favorite 4 letter werd!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:43 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
smh

NOW WHAT?

Just wanted to be the first to smh because I knew someone would have something critical to say...

Mmmmmkay........

Quote:
iPhone is kinda for chicks if you ask me tho... :-)

Ahh, the first critical quote....

Attaboy....

You know perks of the "Job"...

Oh wait....
Gio Alex 4:35 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
smh

NOW WHAT?

LMAO priceless!
AKIEM 4:57 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
smh

NOW WHAT?

nah ^ thats the first critique...
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 9:59 PM - 18 March, 2015
Johnny - ain't nothing wrong with a 5 or a 5s -

AS YOU KNOW

There is often no need to be the first on the block with the latest and greatest

Let them work the bugs out of the iPhone 6 and I'll scoop it in a year or two

Apple went to shit since Jobs died - lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:23 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Johnny - ain't nothing wrong with a 5 or a 5s FREE-

Fixed...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:25 PM - 18 March, 2015
Man look, this jawn would cost at least 100 bucks a month, right?

100 x 12 months = 1,200.00

If someone OFFERED to give you 1,200.00, would you take it?

Man listen....

FREE is the word of the day.

I don't even LIKE Apple like that...
AKIEM 10:26 PM - 18 March, 2015
Whatever works
Gio Alex 10:30 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Man look, this jawn would cost at least 100 bucks a month, right?

100 x 12 months = 1,200.00

If someone OFFERED to give you 1,200.00, would you take it?

Man listen....

FREE is the word of the day.

I don't even LIKE Apple like that...

Do you JM, but upgrade that video cam for crying out loud! lol
DJ DisGrace 10:57 PM - 18 March, 2015
Now he can just use the iPhone to record his videos!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:05 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Now he can just use the iPhone to record his videos!

I need "Line In" sound tho.
AKIEM 11:36 PM - 18 March, 2015
Mux
WarpNote 11:38 PM - 18 March, 2015
Honestly if you care about good sound, Id record it out of the mixer, directly into the computer or another audio recorder. Then add it to the video in edit...
Gio Alex 11:50 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Honestly if you care about good sound, Id record it out of the mixer, directly into the computer or another audio recorder. Then add it to the video in edit...

That's what I showed in the videos I posted. Th second one I reocorded the most directly and synced it with the video. Just have to line up the sound with the video. Not hard at all.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:33 PM - 19 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

That's what I showed in the videos I posted. Th second one I reocorded the most directly and synced it with the video. Just have to line up the sound with the video. Not hard at all.

I always thought that was too much work, but I may give it a try. Haven't dabbed in video editing yet.
Gio Alex 12:37 PM - 19 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I always thought that was too much work, but I may give it a try. Haven't dabbed in video editing yet.

It's easier than I thought, especially on a Mac (hehe) and I don't know how to edit either. Real basic.
DJ Remix Detroit 8:19 PM - 27 March, 2015
Quote:
Apple went to shit since Jobs died

yup
Chris Deluxe 7:12 PM - 28 March, 2015
Johnny, i use the exact same webcam for my vids (C310). I have the mixer output hooked to my macbook input, and record everything straight into iMovie (audio and video), but should be the same for Windows Movie Maker. I record in 30FPS, 720p.

Here's an example of what it looks like: Watchwww.youtube.com

The room has no sunlight, so i mounted halogen spots to the ceiling, something like this:
images.vidaxl-cdn.com
I pointed 2 of the 50w spots directly to the tables, so there is more then enough light.
Chris Deluxe 7:16 PM - 28 March, 2015
Also, i saw you bought an iPhone 5s, which makes way better movies then the Logitech cam. I use it to make video's with 2 angles, and bought this for a few bucks to have a solid stand for the phone: litbimg.rightinthebox.com
Gio Alex 12:59 AM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
Also, i saw you bought an iPhone 5s, which makes way better movies then the Logitech cam. I use it to make video's with 2 angles, and bought this for a few bucks to have a solid stand for the phone: litbimg.rightinthebox.com

Bing!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:45 AM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
Johnny, i use the exact same webcam for my vids (C310). I have the mixer output hooked to my macbook input, and record everything straight into iMovie (audio and video), but should be the same for Windows Movie Maker. I record in 30FPS, 720p.

The room has no sunlight, so i mounted halogen spots to the ceiling, something like this:
images.vidaxl-cdn.com
I pointed 2 of the 50w spots directly to the tables, so there is more then enough light.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about...

Now I'm starting to believe it's DEFINITELY the software that's interpreting the camera signal...

Intrusting...
Gio Alex 1:58 AM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

images.vidaxl-cdn.com

Now I'm starting to believe it's DEFINITELY the software that's interpreting the camera signal...

Intrusting...

Your lighting was bad too though homie. You have a light aimed at the camera lens.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:13 AM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

images.vidaxl-cdn.com

Intrusting...

Your lighting was bad too though homie. You have a light aimed at the camera lens.

This is what my vids look like now... Watchwww.youtube.com

Considerable improvement?
Gio Alex 2:16 AM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

images.vidaxl-cdn.com

Intrusting...

Huge improvement. I still like Chris Deluxe's idea of using an overhead cam though.or iPhone.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:19 AM - 30 March, 2015
The overhead cam thing is a personal preferece....

I can see using the iPhone in a pince, but I wanted a semi-perm setup, plus not really trying to do a lot of match the audio to the video editing....but I DO need to step up my video "Editing" game...

Stay tuned....
Jiglo 3:42 PM - 30 March, 2015
Only just seen this. Nice job and great video DJJOHNNYM. Props from Jazzy Jeff too..high praise indeed!
CMOS 6:36 PM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

images.vidaxl-cdn.com

Intrusting...

Big improvement. Only suggestion would be to turn the camera a tiny bit. We don't need to look at your stack of records and boombox, we want the decks front and center.
Gio Alex 6:38 PM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
Big improvement. Only suggestion would be to turn the camera a tiny bit. We don't need to look at your stack of 8 tracks and VCRs, we want the decks front and center.

Fixed. Get that overhead mount my G.
CMOS 6:38 PM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Big improvement. Only suggestion would be to turn the camera a tiny bit. We don't need to look at your stack of 8 tracks and VCRs, we want the decks front and center.

lolz
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:38 PM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
Only just seen this. Nice job and great video DJJOHNNYM. Props from Jazzy Jeff too..high praise indeed!

Thank you sir...

I guess I was on a roll as Rob Swift commented on my vid.....

Quote:

It's been a pretty good quarter...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:39 PM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Ha, I like my view, thank you very much...

Stay tuned for more Vintage equipment.....
DJ Remix Detroit 2:30 PM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you sir...

I guess I was on a roll as Rob Swift commented on my vid.....

Quote:

It's been a pretty good quarter...

Well the video was obviously clear enough to know you were using a 56. Lol.
DJ Remix Detroit 2:31 PM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

images.vidaxl-cdn.com

Intrusting...

Big improvement. Only suggestion would be to turn the camera a tiny bit. We don't need to look at your stack of records and boombox, we want the decks front and center.

Yup. Big shout mprovement. That old footage reminded me of the JFK assasination vids. Lol
DJ Remix Detroit 2:32 PM - 31 March, 2015
^improvement. Damn auto correct
Gio Alex 2:39 PM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

images.vidaxl-cdn.com

Intrusting...

Yup. Big shout mprovement. That old footage reminded me of the JFK assasination vids. Lol

LMFAO!!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:20 PM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:

ok, THAT was funny....

I might have to run with the grainy look tho....

Hmmmm....stay tuned....
pdidy 1:55 AM - 24 September, 2015
I'll just leave that right there.......
www.facebook.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:16 AM - 24 September, 2015
Yep, I saw that....

But peep this -> "Reginald Kendrick Salute but Google D.j. Johnny M and "Adventures of Grandmaster Flash on the Wheels" and watch how this routine was "truly" done. All wax and no Serato."

Salute to those who show respect to the LEGENDS...REAL DJ's....
pdidy 2:59 AM - 24 September, 2015
Yep I saw that, This was really for everybody else.