Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

SDJ or Scratch LIVE?

DJkoZzONe 10:07 AM - 24 January, 2015
I use tech 1200s and records still I'm old school I just hear a lot of crap about SDJ having lagg issues with records. when i spin i like to feel like I'm rocking records
popnwave 3:37 PM - 24 January, 2015
Just use the old plugin with SSL..or if you're on a Mac buy MixEmergency and use either with it.
DJkoZzONe 7:25 PM - 24 January, 2015
i do have a mac i was just wondering if its worth it to get that new 57 mixer because its only serato dj
DJ.WAZZA.AU 8:24 PM - 24 January, 2015
Just get M.E ..it runs on SSL and SDj , So you can keep all your hardware and have a better software....be way more cheaper than buying new mixer to run SDj and serato video
DJ Tecniq 12:41 AM - 25 January, 2015
Where did he mention running videos? I suggest you stick with Scratchlive for now if you're on turntables. SDJ does have some bugs that need to be exterminated first👍
DJ Tecniq 12:43 AM - 25 January, 2015
Nevermind I forgot we were in the video section lol my bad. I'd stick with Scratchlive though esp if you're on a older system👌
DJ Reflex 1:31 AM - 25 January, 2015
I still use my turntables, Rane 57, and SSL with video. I've tried SDJ, but don't like it very much. I guess if you're comfortable with your existing set-up and it does what you want/need it to - why change?
Dj Toobs 1:59 AM - 25 January, 2015
I used Scratch Live for over 6 years and i still love it. SDJ is just the newest thing and i've been using it for a few months now and I've had no problem what so ever. But, for video, hands down you have to go with Mix Emergency. SV gave me to many problems so i gave it the boot as soon as i was introduce to ME. With ME i have not had one single problem.
I also use 1200's with a Rane 62 Mixer.
DJkoZzONe 7:14 PM - 4 March, 2015
well i ended up getting a SL 2 i tried to use SDJ but the video cue is not showing the videos on the screen idk i might just stick with scratch live
DJ Tecniq 12:49 AM - 5 March, 2015
Quote:
well i ended up getting a SL 2 i tried to use SDJ but the video cue is not showing the videos on the screen idk i might just stick with scratch live
That was a bug for some systems. Have you tried the 1.7.4 beta version?
skinnyguy 5:53 PM - 5 March, 2015
I'm a bit late to the party, but I just recently tried ME with SDJ on my 62. The linked fx are so much fun.

I'm seriously considering just jumping ship already and working out bugs from there. My mbp was running on low cpu pretty much all night.