Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

What do you all think of the Numark NS7III?

Felonyruckus 7:09 AM - 23 January, 2015
Is it a game changer? I think it's evolutionary and I think it is the way companies are trying to move DJ away from staring at a computer screen or being hidden behind one. Not trying to start a war between companies and blah blah blah... Honest question, what do you guys think of it?
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:08 AM - 23 January, 2015
What do i think? Numark got a glue gun picked up some screens and stuck it to a NS7mkll and names it the NS7mklll

WHAT THE FUCK!

And sorry but it still needs the laptop and instead of looking at the laptop you will now stare at these small screens instead.

And what is a HUGE and HEAVEY controller is now even HUGER and HEAVIER!

So it's abit if a bodge up.

I would have expected a NS6mkll with pads flip control and the screen added.

I guess what ever floats your boat.....

So it looks you can buy the screens for your NS7mkll and then just get a pen and put another l on the end if the name 😂
Felonyruckus 1:22 PM - 23 January, 2015
hahaha...true...but heavy is relative.
deejdave 2:28 PM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
I would have expected a NS6mkll with pads flip control and the screen added.

I mean SOMETHING. I half expect the extra I to be drawn in with magic marger.
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:56 PM - 23 January, 2015
😂
DJ Fluke 613 3:33 PM - 23 January, 2015
In addition to the screens the cue pads are colored coded to match sdj like sx2/sz and its DVS ready. The latter may be added to ns72 with fw but the first can't.
deejdave 3:58 PM - 23 January, 2015
Bookmarked................ LOL
Robbie O 8:34 PM - 23 January, 2015
Having screens without a stand alone feature is pointless IMO. Pioneer as it right with their new gadget.

Also I think it's really overblown that ppl really want to be laptop-less. It only makes sense to scarifice my retina display for added functionality, not other mini screens lol
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 3:58 AM - 24 January, 2015
It's a nice update though to replace the current NS7II with added screens, which will be available separately to upgrade your current controller.

It's not a completely new controller no, but a nice update :)
marcA 2:16 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
It's a nice update though to replace the current NS7II with added screens, which will be available separately to upgrade your current controller.

It's not a completely new controller no, but a nice update :)

second that!
really like to know
1) the pricing for the add-on
2) how this will cope with the usb2 bandwidth when the platters are spinning also...
deejdave 5:08 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
2) how this will cope with the usb2 bandwidth when the platters are spinning also...

Also curious. Supposedly you plug the NS7II into the screen unit then plug that into laptop. Isn't this the SAME thing as using a powered USB hub as in there is a "middle man"? Isn't this recommended against?
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:20 PM - 24 January, 2015
Also is the screens powered? Do you plug the screen into the mains then a mains from the screens to the ns7mkll? Or do you need two power supplies?
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:21 PM - 24 January, 2015
Infact could you not just use these screens for any controller???
deejdave 5:23 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Also is the screens powered? Do you plug the screen into the mains then a mains from the screens to the ns7mkll? Or do you need two power supplies?

Very good question as well. I just ASSumed it was powered (thus the powered USB hub theory) but that may not even be the case. Hopefully it will have a piggy back setup like lighting or your cable box has. Then again wall wart = space...................
deejdave 5:26 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:

Quote:
which will be available separately to upgrade your current controller.

I was actually curious if Samuel S meant ............................. "whatever you controller may be" The NS7II would have a special clip system no doubt but I mean we are inventive enough to come up with our own ways to slap this thing onto our controller of choice. If Nukark figured out a way I have no doubts we can.
FabulousFrequencies 5:39 PM - 24 January, 2015
Would have been nice to see mk1 support, but I suppose those clinging to the mk1 wouldn't be persuaded to move onto the mk2 if that were the case. I half suspect it's acting as a translator/router hub delegating the throughput to it's respected area of usage. Latency of 1ms was achievable on the USB 1.1 standard, so I don't see latency being an issue here.

I think it's neat. It would get your laptop off the highest tier where it's easier hit with a flying object. We also don't know what's in it. Could be a full fledged SOC and memory in there. That would open it up for stand alone operation via updates. Who's gonna buy one and take it apart for us?
deejdave 5:45 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Who's gonna buy one and take it apart for us?

You buy I pry!! LOL

very good point too. I mean there have been plenty of applications where I have seen/heard that using the USB hub even helps (in the case of the AMX gain issue for example) anyways but I am curious as to Serato's official stance on this being one of the first rules in "the book" is to plug interface, mixer or controller direct to laptop.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:59 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:

If this is the case the SZ just hit a whole new level of badass!!
Felonyruckus 12:16 AM - 25 January, 2015
The power comes from the NS7 unit. It's definitely cool for those with Mk II that they just need to buy the screens so technically the Mk III is more like the NS7 MkII 1/2.
Heltino 3:00 AM - 25 January, 2015
I´m not sure what to say here.

- the NS7II is right now a hell of a heavy and big unit. the NS7II will be heavier and bigger.
that is something to see and touch. might be for a lot of guys over the borderline.
- what is the real point if a laptop is still required? instead of watching the information there, you watch it here...I´ve no clou how this should improve my workflow

good point is that the NS7II is not more expensive AND that the NS7II customers will get the option to upgrade.
THAT ROCKS.

if I will upgrade? hmmm...depends on the price.
it´s fancy and so I would spent some bugs (even without a clear advantage)....but as it´s fancy it will be "some" bugs and not a significant amount of money.

I would assume that my personal price limit for this will be somewhere around 150 bugs maximum.
deejdave 4:43 AM - 25 January, 2015
Owning the NS7II among other interfaces I will be picking this up no matter what but I will definitely try to get this going with the SZ or SX instead of the NS7II for the reasons Helitino & LJ said eariler. The Ns7II is already bulky to the point where I leave it at home and choose a more mobile solution when the job calls for it.

As for price I would be willing to pay $300 maybe a little more but not much more.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:56 PM - 25 January, 2015
In the UK Numark NS7mkll is £949.99
The NS7mklll is £1199.00

So they are charging more for the screens.
Heltino 4:25 PM - 25 January, 2015
check youtube. Numark says there in an interview that the NS7III will be around 1499$.
that would be the same price as the NS7II

for sure the II will drop now in the price...
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:13 PM - 25 January, 2015
Quote:
check youtube. Numark says there in an interview that the NS7III will be around 1499$.
that would be the same price as the NS7II

for sure the II will drop now in the price...

I guess it was not a very good seller in the UK so the price dropped within a few months after release.

So has been this price or lower for some time.
So to UK customers no it's not the same price but i guess Numark are saying the RRP is the same price on them both. Just stores wont be selling them at the same price.

So in the UK today this is how they stand
Quote:
In the UK Numark NS7mkll is £949.99
The NS7mklll is £1199.00

So they are charging more for the screens.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:17 PM - 25 January, 2015
Also these issues would put me off support.serato.com

Saying that tho I don't use sync but would turn motor on/off through the night.
Heltino 9:12 PM - 25 January, 2015
Quote:

that is fixed. I have no more issues with motors on. instant start is as well fixed
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:42 PM - 25 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

that is fixed. I have no more issues with motors on. instant start is as well fixed

Is it fixed??? What version was it fixed in? As that was posted in November.
Heltino 9:50 PM - 25 January, 2015
since 1.7.2 I have no more issues with my NS7II under win 8.1 64bit

But I have to add that I do not scratch at all...so for my use it is fine now.
Rob J 12:34 AM - 26 January, 2015
As an NS7II owner, myself, I was in a discussion with a few other DJs on the subject, and everyone agrees that the screens are pretty cool, but the next logical step is to eliminate the lappy. That said, I think users who are already inclined to "stare" at their laptops are likely to do the same with the new screens. To engage the crowd more (by not staring at the screen) is up the user and the feel of the moment, not the hardware. Furthermore, it doesn't appear that you can "search" effectively with the new screens. I'm using CTRL>F on the fly quite frequently. Need the keyboard for that.
Heltino 1:37 AM - 26 January, 2015
the "Serato face" has nothing to do with displays on a controller or not.

In fact the only DJs I know that does not look on screens, are DJs that are using old school CDJ like the 1000 that just does not provide so much usefull stuff on the display.
forced to the ear I call this.

as long as you have displays that provide a lot of information....the DJ will look on it.
But that is nothing bad, just tha nature of the thing.

I personally don´t care where the DJ is looking to...as long as the music is good.

I would say 99,9% of the crowd will reply with the same
blackavenger 1:32 PM - 26 January, 2015
Quote:
I personally don´t care where the DJ is looking to...as long as the music is good.

same here.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:46 PM - 29 January, 2015
Ok so i just seen a picture of the back. The ns7mklll has a dc out socket under the usb socket this powers the screens then usb lead goes from laptop to the screens then from the screens to the ns7mklll there is also another spear USB A socket on the back of the screens.

So i guess with the ns7mkll using the screens as a add on you will need a power supply.
deejdave 2:11 AM - 30 January, 2015
Quote:
So i guess with the ns7mkll using the screens as a add on you will need a power supply.

Hopefully the option applies to other controller as well.........
Heltino 8:13 AM - 30 January, 2015
a power supply is not a big deal, for me more important is the USB.
it would be bad if the screens occupies an additional USB port at the laptop.
deejdave 2:21 AM - 31 January, 2015
I would imagine the screens have a separate USB cable.
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:37 AM - 31 January, 2015
Here you go i190.photobucket.com
deejdave 4:01 PM - 31 January, 2015
Looks to me like it IS being used as a hub of sorts for the interface. Is this now recommended?
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:36 PM - 31 January, 2015
Quote:
Looks to me like it IS being used as a hub of sorts for the interface. Is this now recommended?

Nope but it's not like Numark cares lol This is such a bodge really.

However i seem tobe interested and ut has my attention lol

Maybe i just need putting back on my ways haha.
deejdave 12:38 AM - 1 February, 2015
Nah I am right there with ya. JUST because the port is there doesn't mean we HAVE to use it anyways. I'll plug monitors into USB HUB and the controller into Laptop as usual if this is available for other controllers. I honestly do not use my NS7II (nor would I) enough for this to be a good purchase if not.
Kmxorbit 12:47 AM - 1 February, 2015
I honestly don't understand the screen hype as long as you're forced to use a laptop to run sdj. It just doesn't make sense...
deejdave 1:49 AM - 1 February, 2015
Quote:
I honestly don't understand the screen hype as long as you're forced to use a laptop to run sdj. It just doesn't make sense...

Hype................ not really. I don't think so at least. Just for the price (if it is $300 or lower) how could I not? It makes things easier. Honestly even IF they had it nailed 100% where you do not NEED the laptop screen I will most likely still use it. The new XDJ-RX is the same. Nothing that the CDJ-2000Nexus's do not do already (screen-wise) and I still used the laptop every time I used Rekordbox. I am not about the ability. I am more about which is more affective. I have tried the USB drive method with Rekordbox and it is nice to have but having the choice and the option I choose screen every time. Unless you are playing a planned set (which I have done probably twice in my 17 year run) sure it is awesome and you will have minimal time looking at the screen choosing songs. If you play on the fly as I do you will end up with your face even closer to the screen and for longer if you do not have the laptop option.

Laptop is a locate visually, click, scroll to browse then choose again thing. Using the Reordbox/player method it becomes a scroll locate click, scroll,scroll, scroll (LOL) locate click. Both very similar but when put into practice I find the first method much faster for me.

Anyways in short this is by no means a item of need or even capabilities gained. This is more of a luxury and ease item assuming it works as I think it would. Who knows if that middle screen will even do what I want how I want. If not then forget hype I won't even have the want anymore.
raedonquan 3:42 PM - 1 February, 2015
now it the screens are compatible with the other sdj controllers out there then .... i will get one..
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:56 PM - 1 February, 2015
How would you go about using these screens with other hardware as in how would you fit it as it bolts to the ns7
raedonquan 4:38 PM - 1 February, 2015
Quote:
How would you go about using these screens with other hardware as in how would you fit it as it bolts to the ns7

you can mod anyting... it just how its performed...

when GC gets them im going to do some investigating before purchase...

we have seen the v7 work with the vci-300 so it wouldnt be far fetched of an ideal to make this work..

unless the screen has to see the ns7ii or serato dj has to see the internal midi id of the ns7ii to open the screen...
Kmxorbit 11:09 PM - 1 February, 2015
Point is : why 3 extra screens on top of the laptop screen. Lets face it. You wont close your laptop screen. Especially when searching songs.
deejdave 12:48 AM - 2 February, 2015
They would be on top of the controller not the laptop screen!!! Lol j/k but seriously again it is not an object of necessity it is more or less a why not. Got screens ony 2000nexus's for both Serato and rekorbox as well as traktor and I have never lost the laptop still. Laptop screen > smaller screens.
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 7:50 PM - 6 November, 2015
Hello Everyone,

This thread hasn't been posted on for quite some time now but I wanted to follow up regarding the differences between the NS7II and NS7III.

What are the main differences between the NS7II and NS7III?

Compared to the NS7II..

* The NS7III ships with high resolution color display screens. NS7II users can purchase the NS7II Display as an add-on accessory - www.numark.com.

* The NS7III features improved audio circuitry for better sound.

* The NS7III is now class compliant for Mac users - www.numark.com. This means that there are no extra drivers needed on Mac, and that when new Mac OS updates come out, your hardware will be immediately compatible. Note that drivers are still required on Windows. These can be found on the NS7III product page - www.numark.com.

* The NS7III includes DVS support. DVS support is also available on the NS7II as a free firmware update. The update can be found on the NS7II product page - www.numark.com. Note that Serato DVS is required as a paid Expansion Pack from Serato - serato.com.

* The NS7III features a DC OUT port which powers on your NS7III screens without using an additional power adapter. NS7II users will need to use a 12v 2aDC power adapter to power on their screens.

* The NS7III is 1 1/2 lbs lighter than the NS7II (even with screens). The NS7III features a new specialized rugged casing which helps reduce the weight.

* The NS7III has an updated look with all black MPC pads.

* The NS7III includes additional sample and remix content. After registering a NS7III at www.numark.com, users can download a Prime Loops Remix Tool Kit and TOOLROOM Artist Packs for free.

Further more, if anyone here needs assistance on setting up their display screens on their NS7II or NS7III, the following article can help you out with that:

* Setting up the optional NS7II display screens on an NS7II - www.numark.com
* Setting up the included NS7III display screens on an NS7III - www.numark.com

For future support regarding your Numark hardware or hardware related questions, feel free to post on our Numark forum community.numark.com.

I hope this helps everyone. Thanks!
deejdave 9:10 PM - 6 November, 2015
Can you confirm 100% if this screen module would potentially work on other hardware? Even with some modification etc.
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 9:15 PM - 6 November, 2015
Quote:
Can you confirm 100% if this screen module would potentially work on other hardware? Even with some modification etc.

Hello deejdave,

As of today, 11/6/2015, I can confirm that the NS7II Display screen will fully support the NS7II controller. The NS7III Display will fully supported the NS7III controller. These display screens at this time are not qualified to work on any other DJ controller besides the NS7II or NS7III.
deejdave 9:16 PM - 6 November, 2015
Thanks for the quick reply :)
Heltino 10:04 PM - 6 November, 2015
Quote:
Hello Everyone,

This thread hasn't been posted on for quite some time now but I wanted to follow up regarding the differences between the NS7II and NS7III.

What are the main differences between the NS7II and NS7III?

Compared to the NS7II..

* The NS7III features improved audio circuitry for better sound.

Chris,

any details on this?
For me even the NS7II is a hell of overkill in funtionalities...I would not need the displays.
I´m as well pretty happy with the sound of the NS7II....but "improved"....what does this mean?
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 10:18 PM - 6 November, 2015
Hello,

I don't have specific specs but I can tell you that the NS7III is class compliant now for Mac users. That's due to the new "circuity board" inside the NS7III. You're still getting 24-bit audio output like the NS7II. Our engineers did a few things to improve it but I don't have specifics but never a less, it was improved.
ajtmex 1:38 AM - 21 November, 2015
There are a lot of things I think Numark could have done better with this controller IMHO. 2 of the most notable for me is
1) The platters: specifically the spindle. Sure you wanna emulate that real vinyl feel, but one perk about having a direct drive controller is not having to deal with tone arms. The 2nd should be adjustable pressure on the vinyl. It was a pleasant surprise on the original NS7 that I could press the vinyl down so I'll grip the platter better. Not with the NS7III(and possibly the II. Dunno, I skipped that one). On this one, it has a little room to move up and down freely, just like an actual vinyl, except it's not grippy enough for me. It slides around too much, especially when I lift my hand when scratching. I'm telling you, it'll backspin for days. It also lags on start up because of the instant torque from the motor. To combat that problem, Numark starts the track right when you press the play button until the vinyl can catch up to speed, thereby taking control. That's cool, except when I get a track ready to drop, I'll start the platter,, while holding the vinyl still, and the song will audibly blip until it realizes the vinyl isn't going anywhere. Adding an option that can toggle between how it starts in the software can help that, but the gripping problem is still there, unless they come out with slipmats with varying resistance. And

2) Why isn't this a stand-alone unit yet? I mean... The entire point was to draw your attention away from the screen in front of you(or to the side) and back to the audience where it should be. Everything is already there on the screens. You're already 80% there, just go the extra 20 and finish the shit off by making it stand-alone with the ability to double as a controller. I'll keep it hooked up in the bedroom while I'm putting setlists together, throw my crate on a drive and hit the show. It just sucks that in the event of a failure somewhere, I have to wait for my PC to boot up, run the program and let the hardware connect, vs just starting up the unit and loading up my tracks. It's just a shame that such a solidly built, heavy duty controller still relies entirely on PC connectivity, even if the PC itself doesn't have to even be present on the table, and tucked away safely elsewhere.

Bonus: Another thing I'd like to see, possibly in the next incarnation is bigger platter sizes. Don't get me wrong, it's great for keeping my scratches right, but coming from 12in to a 45 is a little bit of a jump for me, but that's just a personal preference.
raedonquan 3:15 PM - 22 November, 2015
Quote:

2) Why isn't this a stand-alone unit yet? I mean... The entire point was to draw your attention away from the screen in front of you(or to the side) and back to the audience where it should be. Everything is already there on the screens. You're already 80% there, just go the extra 20 and finish the shit off by making it stand-alone with the ability to double as a controller. I'll keep it hooked up in the bedroom while I'm putting setlists together, throw my crate on a drive and hit the show. It just sucks that in the event of a failure somewhere, I have to wait for my PC to boot up, run the program and let the hardware connect, vs just starting up the unit and loading up my tracks. It's just a shame that such a solidly built, heavy duty controller still relies entirely on PC connectivity, even if the PC itself doesn't have to even be present on the table, and tucked away safely elsewhere.

Bonus: Another thing I'd like to see, possibly in the next incarnation is bigger platter sizes. Don't get me wrong, it's great for keeping my scratches right, but coming from 12in to a 45 is a little bit of a jump for me, but that's just a personal preference.

there is a lil more R&D for what you want to make happen.... you would need to add something like a rekordbox program... for offline playing.... and Numark doesnt make software.

if you think serato will be installed natively as a standalone no computer needed not going to happen yet..

and how much would you pay for something like what you want... and not 20% ready
deejdave 7:45 PM - 22 November, 2015
Not really. I remember Cortex had a unit then Pioneer (without RB), Numark etc. Basically most hardware developers offer this and it doesn't cost much at all. It is simply a USB/SD in and the ability for the player to read the files. No internal "software" needed. This is as primitive as it gets actually in terms of media players. That being said the cost would go up and typically peeps buying Numark are not looking to drop large numbers as it is. Obviously not the case across the boards but often times accurate.

Maybe they are hesitant to release a standalone modular player due to their lack of success in the past with the V7 etc.
Quote:
and how much would you pay for something like what you want

This is the part I am curious about as well.

I am still thinking of getting the screen and attempting to retrofit onto one of my primary controllers. If all else fails I could strap it to my NS7II.
djcrap 1:45 PM - 23 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Hello deejdave,

As of today, 11/6/2015, I can confirm that the NS7II Display screen will fully support the NS7II controller. The NS7III Display will fully supported the NS7III controller. These display screens at this time are not qualified to work on any other DJ controller besides the NS7II or NS7III.

By not supporting other controllers you are losing potential sales! And by the time you decide to do so it will so late cause pioneer would have come up with aversion of ther own that does. Lol
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 3:13 PM - 23 November, 2015
Hello,

We appreciate your comments! I'd like to chime in hear. See my comments below.

Quote:
There are a lot of things I think Numark could have done better with this controller IMHO. 2 of the most notable for me is
1) The platters: specifically the spindle. Sure you wanna emulate that real vinyl feel, but one perk about having a direct drive controller is not having to deal with tone arms. The 2nd should be adjustable pressure on the vinyl. It was a pleasant surprise on the original NS7 that I could press the vinyl down so I'll grip the platter better. Not with the NS7III(and possibly the II. Dunno, I skipped that one). On this one, it has a little room to move up and down freely, just like an actual vinyl, except it's not grippy enough for me. It slides around too much, especially when I lift my hand when scratching. I'm telling you, it'll backspin for days. It also lags on start up because of the instant torque from the motor. To combat that problem, Numark starts the track right when you press the play button until the vinyl can catch up to speed, thereby taking control. That's cool, except when I get a track ready to drop, I'll start the platter,, while holding the vinyl still, and the song will audibly blip until it realizes the vinyl isn't going anywhere. Adding an option that can toggle between how it starts in the software can help that, but the gripping problem is still there, unless they come out with slipmats with varying resistance. And

I can confirm that the vinyl platters have not changed since the 1st generation NS7. The only difference regarding the vinyl platters for each generation is the actual label print (ex: NS7II label says NS7II, NS7III says NS7III. You shouldn't feel a difference in weight or grip regarding the platters.

Keep in mind, the "Grip" of the vinyl is solely adjusted by you, the user. The tighter you screw in your vinyl platter, the tighter the vinyl platter is going to be. If it's too tight, loosen the spindle screw. If its not tight enough, tighten the spindle screw. Be careful not to strip or over tighten the spindle screw threads. Also, the vinyl torque can be adjusted from the rear of the NS7 series controllers. You have the option of a LOW or HIGH torque.

Lastly, if your vinyl platter is spinning back to slow for you, make sure your START TIME is adjusted correctly on the controller. I recommend keeping that knob all the way to the 7 o'clock position. After making this adjustment, if you continue to have this issue, perform the following:

1. Connect and power on the NS7II
2. Open Serato DJ
3. On each deck, fully turn, clock and counter clock wise, the START and STOP TIME knobs prior to DJing. This will ensure that the NS7 series controller is properly communicating with Serato DJ.
4. As a good practice , we also recommend moving the Pitch Sliders, Crossfader and Channel Sliders up and down prior to DJing. Again, this will ensure that the NS7 series controller is properly sending MIDI with Serato DJ.

Note: You may have to adjust the USB Buffer Settings in Serato DJ to a higher setting as well depending on how well your computer and controller work together.

I also recommend that you read through this helpful guide as well - What are the differences between the NS7II and NS7III? - www.numark.com.

Quote:

That is a great feature request which has been requested by many NS7 series users. I currently don't have any information on the future of the NS7 series controller but I can let you know, your voice, along with many others have been heard about requesting it to be stand alone. Always stay tuned to our social media pages or our website for any future product updates.

Please post any future feature requests for the NS7 series controllers on our forum here - community.numark.com.

Quote:

Again, this another great feature request which has been requested by many NS7 series users. Many NS7 users have been able to adapt to a 45 record in terms of how they scratch and mix. Sometimes its all about adapting to the new hardware.

Keep in mind, the bigger the platters, the heavier the controller is going to be. The NS7III is currently at a decent weight of 45 pounds. Now imagine how heavy this all-in-one DJ controller is going to be with 10 or 12 inch platters? Also, keep in mind of real estate space on the actual controller surface. Your controller would be even bigger, wider and heavier. There are going to be a lot users who don't want lug a possible 55-65 pound controller around. This request would've be more admirable for our legacy V7 series controller. To post any feature requests for the V7 series, I suggest posting on Numark's forum here - community.numark.com.

Never a less, as I said, this feature request has been heard by our team. Stay tuned to our social media pages or our website for any future product updates.
raedonquan 11:47 AM - 26 November, 2015
Quote:
Not really. I remember Cortex had a unit then Pioneer (without RB), Numark etc. Basically most hardware developers offer this and it doesn't cost much at all. It is simply a USB/SD in and the ability for the player to read the files. No internal "software" needed. This is as primitive as it gets actually in terms of media players. That being said the cost would go up and typically peeps buying Numark are not looking to drop large numbers as it is. Obviously not the case across the boards but often times accurate.

numark had that idj mix for the ipods.. denon had the hd2500 and yes cortex and pioneer..

denon 5500 needed the music manager ... excellent piece denon dropped the ball on that one it was out for what maybe 1.5 yrs then it got dumped for the 3700.

what im getting from the original poster is wanting the whole serato vibe...with the screens.

cue points, wave forms, key detection, a fully integrated program... hence my rekordbox mention.

it would be terrrible if it were only a mp3 player then the screens is only usefull for library search.

or maybe im just wrong and a simple mp3 player for just incase the software crashes
raedonquan 11:52 AM - 26 November, 2015
Quote:

Quote:

That is a great feature request which has been requested by many NS7 series users. I currently don't have any information on the future of the NS7 series controller but I can let you know, your voice, along with many others have been heard about requesting it to be stand alone. Always stay tuned to our social media pages or our website for any future product updates.

Please post any future feature requests for the NS7 series controllers on our forum here - community.numark.com.

Quote:

Again, this another great feature request which has been requested by many NS7 series users. Many NS7 users have been able to adapt to a 45 record in terms of how they scratch and mix. Sometimes its all about adapting to the new hardware.

Keep in mind, the bigger the platters, the heavier the controller is going to be. The NS7III is currently at a decent weight of 45 pounds. Now imagine how heavy this all-in-one DJ controller is going to be with 10 or 12 inch platters? Also, keep in mind of real estate space on the actual controller surface. Your controller would be even bigger, wider and heavier. There are going to be a lot users who don't want lug a possible 55-65 pound controller around. This request would've be more admirable for our legacy V7 series controller. To post any feature requests for the V7 series, I suggest posting on Numark's forum here - community.numark.com.

add the weight of the case with the controller then its no longer a one man band to load that in...
Rob J 10:38 PM - 29 November, 2015
You can most definitely adjust the feel of the platter grip on the NS7III. It's done the same way as it has always been done, back to the original NS7. Just press down on the vinyl the before tightening the allen set screw. It may take a bit of trial and error, but once set, it stays good.
Jaywoo 6:57 PM - 6 December, 2017
I like it overall. I’m currently having problems with the cross fader and might have to take it in for some hot cue pad repairs.