Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Auto Cue Out/in, When you get to a point in a track, auto skips to another.

Vinnie P 9:24 PM - 21 January, 2015
While there are many techniques to accomplish this, I feel like this would be a great feature. Lets say I only want to play the first half of a song but I would like the outro to mix out, this feature would let me pick exactly where I want to stop and pick back up in a song with predetermined "cue out" and "cue in" points similar to hot cues. This way it would be quantized and would allow for the DJ to smoothly transition out of that track. This would save a lot of time considering I would normally cut the track using production software.
DJ Compiler 9:54 PM - 21 January, 2015
Serato Flip does this. You can open a song a record your cue point automation to automatically skip to whatever part of the song you want to skip to when it reaches your point of interest.
Davideon 8:00 AM - 22 January, 2015
This is what I hate about flip
dizzyrocks2001 9:20 AM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
This is what I hate about flip

Huh? Why do you hate that about Flip?
Vinnie P 11:01 PM - 23 January, 2015
I guess it was a good idea, thanks for the help.
Vinnie P 12:07 AM - 24 January, 2015
Alright so I checked out flip. While this is yet another means to accomplish the original goal, this is not what i was looking for. maybe i didnt play with flip enough, but what I'm looking for something I can use on the fly without having to prepare the track ahead of time. Maybe having a separate set of hot cues specifically for out and in. The goal is to not have to fish through my terabyte of music to see what i want to edit, but to come across it mid set with no worries.
DJ Compiler 12:18 AM - 24 January, 2015
Well if its on the fly you want you'd just use cue points. Maybe I'm not understanding what you're wanting because you describe as being able to do it on the fly but you also say you want to use predetermined cue in and cue out points
Davideon 9:01 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Well if its on the fly you want you'd just use cue points. Maybe I'm not understanding what you're wanting because you describe as being able to do it on the fly but you also say you want to use predetermined cue in and cue out points

This
Vinnie P 8:16 PM - 24 January, 2015
Yeah i'm definitely not explaining this well enough. I guess this would be a separate function like flip or possibly an addition to flip, and again I may just not be using flip well enough. Lets say i have a track cued up and I realize its a little too long, I could set cues, just like i would hot cues, and then start up the track where I would. Then when it reaches the first cue, without me pushing any buttons, it would skip to the second cue this way i could worry about the next track. Does this make any more sense?
Vinnie P 8:18 PM - 24 January, 2015
Edit: In my head this prep work plays out in a matter of seconds unlike in flip where i would actually have to re-record an entire track.
Davideon 8:52 PM - 24 January, 2015
But you don't. . You start flip recording just before cue 1, hit cue 2 and your done

Quote:
Edit: In my head this prep work plays out in a matter of seconds unlike in flip where i would actually have to re-record an entire track.
Vinnie P 8:54 PM - 24 January, 2015
Well then, I am a fool. Thanks for the help.