Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Announcing: Numark NS7III

10:11 PM, 19 Jan 2015
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
djkurve 6:59 PM - 22 January, 2015
No dual USB?! Failllll!
fabmalie 7:45 PM - 22 January, 2015
y'all killing me with the NS7III, i'm glad with my NS6...
nojretlas 7:56 PM - 22 January, 2015
I agree dual USB was needed!!! I'm still selling my 2...LoL
SelectaLionheart 7:57 PM - 22 January, 2015
No dual USB how stupid!!! That would have put you over the top over the Pioneer - SZ! Instead good ole Numark some unnecessary updates that will help DJ's save there money and stay with a NS7II....RIDICULOUS...Same ole Numark Good job! Two thumbs down!!!!
nojretlas 8:00 PM - 22 January, 2015
I would have liked to see retractable buttons on the front as well.
saintsimon 8:19 PM - 22 January, 2015
the screens are the only real upgrade. technically, this should be considered a NS7 2.5...

It seems like a good idea to wait for the next gear upgrade in NAM2016 if you purchased a high end controller in 2013 or 14...i.e. the NS7, NS7ii or the DDJ-SX, SZ or SX2
...and not jump the gun in 2015
nojretlas 8:31 PM - 22 January, 2015
We to buy and when not to buy......too many new cool shit coming out! LoL
nojretlas 8:32 PM - 22 January, 2015
^^^^**when to buy
nikodb 8:34 PM - 22 January, 2015
I heard the screens will be sold seperately as an addon to ns7ii users....can we still use them as serato DJ accesories with other hardware as well ?
lindsaymar 8:37 PM - 22 January, 2015
I still think it's a strange move on Numark's part to have a moving platter/vinyl to appeal to turntable dj's and then make the deck controls mirrored.
I think that's the biggest selling point for Pioneer controllers over Numarks. Non mirrored decks. It just feels more intuitive (and professional) to me.
nojretlas 8:45 PM - 22 January, 2015
^^^^^
Honestly I got used to that after 2 gigs but it was strange at first.
nojretlas 8:46 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
I heard the screens will be sold seperately as an addon to ns7ii users....can we still use them as serato DJ accesories with other hardware as well ?

That would be nice!
nikodb 8:56 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

That would be nice!

Yeah i d just love to embedd those screens inside my dj furniture, displayin Serato disks spinnin etc...
Volmar Jacques Stephane 10:23 PM - 22 January, 2015
what is the future for the V7 ???
MR SADDIQQ 10:36 PM - 22 January, 2015
SO WITH THE SCREENS ADDED DO YOU STILL NEED THE LAPTOP OR DO YOU USE THUMB DRIVES?
freshadon 11:06 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
SO WITH THE SCREENS ADDED DO YOU STILL NEED THE LAPTOP OR DO YOU USE THUMB DRIVES?

Still need the laptop, but you can close the lid or put it to the side.

Wonder if the screen can be attached to a NS6 or the original NS7?
DjBliZz 11:38 PM - 22 January, 2015
I really hope that screen bar is a separate unit and I could add it to my NS7-II. It looks small enough to tuck away under the center of the controller for easy transport in my road case. I hope that's all true.
djmarkg 11:44 PM - 22 January, 2015
This should be standalone unit with no laptop, now that would be a better solution, instead off a NS7ii with a usb hub and some screens.
nikodb 11:56 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
I really hope that screen bar is a separate unit and I could add it to my NS7-II. It looks small enough to tuck away under the center of the controller for easy transport in my road case. I hope that's all true.

It is and you can purchase solo and add to your NS7ii...I wished it was open for all hardware, but for the time seems like only NS7ii users will bennefit from it...
DjBliZz 12:01 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

It is and you can purchase solo and add to your NS7ii...I wished it was open for all hardware, but for the time seems like only NS7ii users will bennefit from it...

That's exciting! Do you or anyone know if its a separate USB plug or is there a built in USB hub? And also is it USB powered or separate power cable?
nikodb 12:08 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Do you or anyone know if its a separate USB plug or is there a built in USB hub? And also is it USB powered or separate power cable?

I believe most likely, you will need a power supply and a hub...but in anyways it is possible for existing Ns7ii users to upgrade and add the screen unit to their setup...i noticed this unit also has a hub on its back, but i think the NS7ii will always need to be directly to the laptop as standard...
Djtrampa 12:49 AM - 23 January, 2015
new screen WOW Same controller just like the ddj sx2 color pads nice no changes. I want a smaller controller than the ddj zx
with two usb.
DjBliZz 12:55 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Do you or anyone know if its a separate USB plug or is there a built in USB hub? And also is it USB powered or separate power cable?

I believe most likely, you will need a power supply and a hub...but in anyways it is possible for existing Ns7ii users to upgrade and add the screen unit to their setup...i noticed this unit also has a hub on its back, but i think the NS7ii will always need to be directly to the laptop as standard...

Generally speaking, you never want your audio interface to go through a hub so that makes sense. I'm excited!
djkurve 1:17 AM - 23 January, 2015
So what really makes the NS7 III new? Other than the screens that clip onto the unit and the extra USB port (for a thumbdrive) in the back of the screen. Based off the Serato release the NS7 III main unit has the same specs as the NS7 II. Are the hardware specs for the main unit of this new NS7 III are the same as the NS7 II?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:34 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
So what really makes the NS7 III new? Other than the screens that clip onto the unit and the extra USB port (for a thumbdrive) in the back of the screen. Based off the Serato release the NS7 III main unit has the same specs as the NS7 II. Are the hardware specs for the main unit of this new NS7 III are the same as the NS7 II?

You are correct djkurve, the NS7III is an update to the NS7II with the added screens. These will also be available as an add-on for current NS7II customers.
djkurve 1:38 AM - 23 January, 2015
Oh Numark... Just like the NS7FX... I don't understand why they just don't sell it as an add-on? They try to make it seem like it's a revolutionary product, when all they did is develop an accessory for the current NS7 2.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:53 AM - 23 January, 2015
They are doing both :)
DjBliZz 2:12 AM - 23 January, 2015
I want to see a video showing how to store it for travel. It seems like it should fit perfectly in the center crevis where their laptop stand is supposed to go. I don't use their stand and I like my laptop off to the side away so I don't use it. The road case I have for my NS7-II leaves even more storage room under it, so a nice slim protective bag for the screen unit would be nice. I hope they thought of all that when they designed it.
nikodb 2:15 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:

Its a huge waste that this addon is only specific to the Ns7ii :( ..... Any chance for a hack :P
djkurve 2:19 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:

Yeah I know, but this is just an attempt to sell the same old NS7 II. Except Numark is throwing in the screens as an add-on. They should have updated/refreshed the actual NS7II. Like maybe adding a dedicated Flip button, dual USB, etc...
djkurve 2:20 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Its a huge waste that this addon is only specific to the Ns7ii :( ..... Any chance for a hack :P

I'm sure more controllers will be following suit with the screen add-ons. ;)
nikodb 2:29 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I just wanted the screens to embbed then on my custom dj furniture...they did seem ideal on both size and angle...
DjBliZz 4:43 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I just wanted the screens to embbed then on my custom dj furniture...they did seem ideal on both size and angle...

I'm sure there will be a way to "unlock" it for any controller. Its obviously already in the software somewhere. There's gotta be someone with the skills to figure that out. Probably something in the screen units firmware that blocks it unless an NS7-II or III or NV is plugged in and controlling SDJ. Obviously I don't know how the thing actually works. By the time someone figures it out then there will be one that works for any controller or maybe one of those SDJ expansion packs you have to buy to let you use it. Kinda like the DVS plugin for certain controllers. The future of DJing is bright and colorful for sure.
VJ_RAS 4:56 AM - 23 January, 2015
Should have 2 USB 3.0 connections.
Fully illuminated performance pads.
DjBliZz 5:30 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Should have 2 USB 3.0 connections.
Fully illuminated performance pads.

I love how the pads only light up around the perimeter of the pad. That's one of the selling points for me. It's like a bullseye for each pad plus it's not blinding you the whole time. The screens are going to add much more light (but still way less than the laptop screen) to it anyway so less on the pads is welcomed. Plus you wouldn't get that wonderful feeling of the MPC pad if it was fully illuminated.

I agree with having 2 USB 3.0 though! My guess is that Pio got the rights to use the dual USB feature (after Rane of course but they've obviously been partners since the beginning) before anyone else and Numark got the rights to the screen display feature before anyone else. I'm sure they negotiated a certain amount of time for each company to have their respected time with these features before others could implement them into their gear. It only makes sense. That way it's an actual selling point instead of "well yeah everyone has that feature" Once Pio drops out of the SDJ controller line to focus on their all in one units that dont require a laptop, I'm sure Numark will then be able to have the 2 USBs. Just a thought...
djkurve 5:31 AM - 23 January, 2015
So this NS7 III is Serato NoiseMap ready for use with extended DVS setups. Does that mean it comes loaded with the DVS plug-in?
DjBliZz 5:37 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
So this NS7 III is Serato NoiseMap ready for use with extended DVS setups. Does that mean it comes loaded with the DVS plug-in?

That's my understanding. But I'm not sure about a NS7 in the road case and 2 turntables in road cases battle style even fitting on a 6ft table or being comfortable to use really. Still pretty cool that it has that feature though. Might be better off hooking up CDJs to it so if someone wants to jump on and is scared of those moving platters.
djkurve 6:13 AM - 23 January, 2015
Funny how this "NS7 III" that Numark is trying to sell is nothing more than an original NS7 II with a clip on screen bar. $1499 *smh* Horrible marketing.....I don't see it selling that well. Especially since people can buy a NS7 II for under a grand and then buy the screen bar accessory for maybe 200-300 bucks. #fail
VJ_RAS 7:27 AM - 23 January, 2015
I don't like the add on screens...I would have spent the R&D on Asus implementing one of their up-sampling sound cards in it. NO controller could make mp3, mp4 videos etc sound better than the NS 7. Careful with adding all the techno gadgets. Keep it bullet proof, compatible with ALL Dj software and you will allways have a winner with the NS7...by the way i own a DDJ-SZ. I prefer my NS72....I feel like a real DJ when on them platters. :)
DJ iDub 12:06 PM - 23 January, 2015
Pretty much the the NS7III is the NS7II combined with the NV. You still have the motorized turntables (NS7II) as well as the touch compasitive knobs (available on both platforms), the high velocity Akai performance pads (available on both platforms), with the addition of three 4.3" screens to control Serato from the controller rather than have your face in the laptop (available with the NV). I'm getting the feeling that the NV was the test dummy for this product just to see if the screens were going to be a hit or not.
VJ_RAS 12:52 PM - 23 January, 2015
I understand how the NS73 is to work with the NV type screens. I play some major clubs @ times and Im a Scratch DJ 1rst and a VJ second. If i can view the viIIdeo output on the center screen...i could make it work. But i still have to use a laptop. Your right....about the email DJ's. I hate keeping my face in a laptop as if checking email all night. :) But mixing mp4's is part of my act....so NV function might not benifit me. Will see. But i plan to sell my DDJ-SZ and get a second NS7II Before they stop making them. It's gonna be a classic i think in the urban dj realm.
richieu11 5:48 PM - 23 January, 2015
Not sure what I make of the screens....I love my ns7II like peanut butter and jelly tho...best controller I have ever used...wish it wasnt so damn heavy but it is what it is...had a ddj sx before it and it didnt even compare. Vinyl junkie I am. How much will this add on be for the ns7II? Not even sure if I really need it.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:37 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Funny how this "NS7 III" that Numark is trying to sell is nothing more than an original NS7 II with a clip on screen bar. $1499 *smh* Horrible marketing.....I don't see it selling that well. Especially since people can buy a NS7 II for under a grand and then buy the screen bar accessory for maybe 200-300 bucks. #fail

This product just replaces the NS7II in the market with an updated model. Current customers can choose to upgrade their current NS7II with the screens also.

Just an update :) No sneaky marketing tactic.

Sam.
_jeri_ 11:30 AM - 24 January, 2015
Hey Samuel, I noticed a small thing.

In the field of hardware "Coming soon to Serato DJ" is only "Serato DJ enabled" mouse over "Numark NS7III. But I have read that it is now also DVS enabled. So this symbol is missing there. ;)
Juwansome 2:04 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

This product just replaces the NS7II in the market with an updated model. Current customers can choose to upgrade their current NS7II with the screens also.

Just an update :) No sneaky marketing tactic.

Sam.

This is actually an upgrade in the truest sense of the word. New buyers get something extra, and old users don't have to pay full price to get the latest and greatest Controller. It's a win-win, but I agree it's more of an upgrade to 2.5 not 3.0, similar to the NS7FX add-on for the original NS7.

Theoretically this add-on screen(s) COULD work with any seratoDJ Controller, no? Like how the DDJ-SP1 add-on works with any seratoDJ Controller? I really hope so!
DJ Quartz 3:36 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:

That would be cool because I wanted to upgrade to the NS7II next year.
La Costera Radio 10:42 PM - 25 January, 2015
yo quiero ese mixer
Bigzoe 5:12 AM - 26 January, 2015
if it not a marketing scheme why call it the ns7 3. You had the ns7 when you came out with the FX you didn't call it the ns7 2 you called it the NS7FX because all you added was the effect bar. Thats why it look like a marketing scheme because you just add a screen bar. If The spec are the same ,its just the NS7 2 with a add on. but numark do make high power controller I,m still rock with the ns7 haven't had the money to buy anything else so Im happy with what I got
DjDamian529 7:38 AM - 26 January, 2015
This looks very dope, Numark & Pioneer are making some amazing DJ controllers!
I bought the Pioneer DDJ-SR last summer, my 1st DJ controller and it's very dope, I bought it cause it's small & I already have turntables but I really wish I had the Numark NS7 II or the Pioneer DDJ-SX 2, in my opinion the best controllers on the market!
The DDJ-SZ is overkill in my opinion, too big & too expensive for a DJ controller, for that size & money u might as well buy real turntables or real CDJs!
Trooh 10:31 PM - 26 January, 2015
Will I have to buy a separate case if I already have the Coffin-Style Flight Case? I don't see any alternative.
DjBliZz 10:49 PM - 26 January, 2015
Actually, I was looking at my case and it looks like their might be enough room. But its probably recommended to have a separate case for the screen display unit.
Bigzoe 1:16 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
I bought the Pioneer DDJ-SR last summer, my 1st DJ controller and it's very dope, I bought it cause it's small & I already have turntables but I really wish I had the Numark NS7 II or the Pioneer DDJ-SX 2, in my opinion the best controllers on the market!
The DDJ-SZ is overkill in my opinion, too big & too expensive for a DJ controller, for that size & money u might as well buy real turntables or real CDJs!

I do agree with you DDJ-SZ is to big and there is to much going on. I would like to ask you something I have to controllers mix track pro 2 and the NS7FX but lately I've been wanting to get turn tables and a mixer. I want to learn that way too. what do you think.
DjBliZz 6:18 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I do agree with you DDJ-SZ is to big and there is to much going on. I would like to ask you something I have to controllers mix track pro 2 and the NS7FX but lately I've been wanting to get turn tables and a mixer. I want to learn that way too. what do you think.

Do it dude! There's just nothing like DJing with 12" vinyl. The NS7II is very similar (and it was the BEST way for me to transition into a controller setup from years of my vinyl setup), but that 5" more of control will always feel better (That's what she said). I suggest the Pioneer 900SRT & Technics 1200s/1210s. You might want to throw in some Novation Dicers or the Pioneer DDJ-SP1 or Reloop NEON or Akai Pro AFX, whichever type of cue point/pad/effects controller you like really if you plan on using SDJ. Obviously, there are MANY different options for a vinyl setup and no ONE setup is the best. But if you want the best of both worlds, you can't beat the NS7II (or III i guess...)
fofo dj 9:10 AM - 30 January, 2015
cia sono un felice possesore di numark ns7 ii.
vorrei sapere se e possibile comprare gli schermi della ns7 iii e metterli su la ns7 ii ciao
Volmar Jacques Stephane 9:17 AM - 30 January, 2015
V7"
V7_2
fofo dj 8:57 AM - 31 January, 2015
cia verrei sapere se posso comprare a parte lo schermo numark ns7 iii e poi istalarlo sul mio numark ns7ii
FizBeats 6:02 PM - 31 January, 2015
I better start saving!
djkurve 9:17 PM - 2 February, 2015
So can someone from Serato confirm that an updated version of SDJ will enable the RGB MPC pads on the NS7 III (NS7 II) to reflect the actual color of the cue points? If yes, is there an ETA for this updated feature?
Bigzoe 1:02 AM - 3 February, 2015
DJ bliss you gave me a lot of information about what to by. First I want to say sorry for taking so long to get back work you know how that is. Anyway I've been doing so reach search. I want you to check out Epsilon inno pro pak the I've been reading that denon is coming out with there interface in spring for 299.. Rane ssl2 cost to much 499.I will wait until spring time.but I will buy my inno pro pak and wait.Thank for your help.
djkurve 2:08 AM - 3 February, 2015
Samuel,

Apparently there is a communication breakdown between Serato and Numark....

This was a reply from Chris D. (Numark) on their forums.

i49.photobucket.com

community.numark.com
djkurve 2:16 AM - 3 February, 2015
While I have someone from Serato's attention...Can you shed some light onto this NS7 III DVS support situation. Ya know since you guys make that call on which controllers can support it and all.

i49.photobucket.com

Chris D. (Numark) says this NS7 III will be DVS ready right out of the box. Does that mean if I purchase this unit I can plug and play my turntables/CDJ's with no purchase of the DVS plug-in? (Like the DDJ-SZ)
westell54 2:16 AM - 7 February, 2015
Then there is this response. It sounds like two different answers to the same question.

community.numark.com
westell54 2:17 AM - 7 February, 2015
So, is this feature governed by Numark, or Serato? I'd like the RGB feedback before DVS personally, since it seems like something I'd use more often.
DjBliZz 3:42 AM - 7 February, 2015
I watched a video from NAMM that said the firmware which will unlock DVS and RGB (and I assume support for the video display bar as well) will come in 1st Quarter (before the end of the current winter season). This firmware update is what the NS7-III will ship with and will also work for the NS7-II since its the same hardware. That's my understanding from the video anyway. What Di you guys think?

Numark NS7 III MK3 FIRST LOOK @ NAMM 2015 | Getinthemix.com: youtu.be
djkurve 1:58 AM - 8 February, 2015
Quote:
Then there is this response. It sounds like two different answers to the same question.

community.numark.com

Too funny. No one knows what the hell is going on at Numark. I got a completely different answer from Chris D.

" Chris D (Employee) 9 days ago
Hello DJ Kurve,

Pleas see my answers below.

1) The RGB color actually doesn't need a firmware update on the NS7II. That will be in a future software update which I currently don't have an ETA on at this time."

community.numark.com

*smh*
Name already taken 9:53 PM - 11 February, 2015
It seems pretty stupid to release another iteration when hardware and software faults have not been fixed since the initial release. The problem of the NS7ii disconnecting and me having to restart serato again just started happening again today. Possibly after windows updated? I'm not sure. The X-fader went twice on my and the filter knobs are defective and break after weeks of use (they no longer center). Numark, you should make your so called "best controller ever. period" work. PERIOD....
djkurve 3:32 AM - 12 February, 2015
Quote:
It seems pretty stupid to release another iteration when hardware and software faults have not been fixed since the initial release.

+100
Name already taken 6:28 PM - 16 March, 2015
Do the screens make my filter knobs un-wearout?
DjBliZz 7:03 PM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:
Do the screens make my filter knobs un-wearout?

+1

I wonder if they actually fixed that. All I hear is that the hardware is the same, but something like that doesn't seem like something they would say they improved on the hardware and might silently fix. I hope they did so I can trade up. Those filter knobs only last 2 months with regular use. Really annoying.
DJ T-Rex the transformer 4:47 AM - 23 March, 2015
Tell me if I'm going to be able to use my same road case with this new upgrade or am I going to have to buy a new case???????
DjBliZz 4:51 AM - 23 March, 2015
Quote:
Tell me if I'm going to be able to use my same road case with this new upgrade or am I going to have to buy a new case???????

Question of the year!!! Judging on the photos, it looks like my road case will be able to accommodate the screen attachment, but MAYBE it will have to live in its own padded bad for transport. I hope not though. Depends on how deep and how high it is. Hopefully that won't be an issue.
DJ T-Rex the transformer 4:58 AM - 23 March, 2015
Yeah I'm all about the upgrade but for something extra to carry that is not going to fit inside my case with ease I'm debating if it's worth the extra carry. The NS7 II with case is rough enough.
DJ T-Rex the transformer 4:59 AM - 23 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Question of the year!!! Judging on the photos, it looks like my road case will be able to accommodate the screen attachment, but MAYBE it will have to live in its own padded bad for transport. I hope not though. Depends on how deep and how high it is. Hopefully that won't be an issue.

Yeah I'm all about the upgrade but for something extra to carry that is not going to fit inside my case with ease I'm debating if it's worth the extra carry. The NS7 II with case is rough enough.
DJ T-Rex the transformer 5:03 AM - 23 March, 2015
I also need them to do something with the front facing knobs. Also 2 USB's would be great.
DjBliZz 5:04 AM - 23 March, 2015
I'm OK with it not fitting permanently in my case for travel. Obviously that would be ideal, but I'm mostly concerned with it fitting in the case for playing with all connections still being accessible. It seems like if it does fit, then it might be difficult to access the USB port at the minimum. Most of the other ports seem to be out of the way based on the photos I've seen.
DJ T-Rex the transformer 5:07 AM - 23 March, 2015
Quote:
I'm OK with it not fitting permanently in my case for travel. Obviously that would be ideal, but I'm mostly concerned with it fitting in the case for playing with all connections still being accessible. It seems like if it does fit, then it might be difficult to access the USB port at the minimum. Most of the other ports seem to be out of the way based on the photos I've seen.

I surely hope so. Thanks for the info.
kevinl203 6:55 PM - 21 April, 2015
Dual USB needed ...
DjBliZz 9:21 PM - 21 April, 2015
BTW, 1.7.4 gave us RGB cue points which was awesomely confusing at first. I would like to suggest a different color to be used for the "cue loop" sub selection. It was very difficult to see the difference between the two since the pads themselves remain the same color. The "Cues" button needs to light up colors that aren't so close to each other. Maybe Red and Blue? There were a few times this past weekend where I was in cue loop mode on accident and it was really annoying.
nojretlas 12:37 PM - 30 April, 2015
I'm with you DjBliZz.....they really messed that feature up in 1.7.4...see my suggestion post...serato.com
Dj. WillMax 7:55 AM - 20 May, 2015
how can I purchase the NS7ii from you, and for it to be shipped and delivered to me in Nigeria. and also the terms of payment?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:21 PM - 20 May, 2015
Hey there, we don't sell hardware directly i'm afraid. I'd check the Numark website to find a dealer - numark.com :)

Sam.
DJLLOYDLIVE 5:18 PM - 26 May, 2015
Sincerely, the only reasonable update in the ns7iii is just the DVS capability because the ns7iii screen is useless because you may want to browse through the music folders on your PC while you play at the gig just because as of now, SERATO DJ has the limitation of importing just some few tracks that are often being played and Serato DJ is unstable if you try to import all your music like over 400,000 songs
DjBliZz 5:53 PM - 26 May, 2015
Where is the damn firmware update for NS7-II? It's 94* out well past the winter season and closer to the end of Q2 now. Obviously I dont want Numark to rush it if it's not yet ready but they need to get their iish together. I really hope they fix the touch strip issue with the firmware update as well.
DjBliZz 5:59 PM - 26 May, 2015
Quote:
Sincerely, the only reasonable update in the ns7iii is just the DVS capability because the ns7iii screen is useless because you may want to browse through the music folders on your PC while you play at the gig just because as of now, SERATO DJ has the limitation of importing just some few tracks that are often being played and Serato DJ is unstable if you try to import all your music like over 400,000 songs

SDJ fixed the large library issue many updates ago. DVS capability with the NS7-II/III seems more useless in my opinion, unless you have an 8ft table and super long arms. Adding Turntables wouldn't be much fun to play on with that setup since they are so far away from the mixer. The screens are a dope feature if you organize your crates properly. You can still search with your laptop when necessary, but they would cut down the amount of times yo would need to touch your laptop significantly which is very much welcomed. Numark, hurry up and let us buy the screen attachment!
DJLLOYDLIVE 1:54 AM - 30 May, 2015
Quote:
how can I purchase the NS7ii from you, and for it to be shipped and delivered to me in Nigeria. and also the terms of payment?

Baba O, wetin Dey now. Bad Man thing ;) So, I am proud to see you here being a Naija guy like me on the blog
dj dawreck 4:18 PM - 8 June, 2015
I don't think this product is going to do well... it missed a few features and what was added is not really a desire. the lack of DVS does not bother me as the spinner platters themselves were a close replica to turntable use... but no dual usb port and it should be locking port connections and so should the power cord. I still own the ns7 1 and my only upgrade to that was the ddj sp1. I also got because sometime i still like to rock 1200 tables and get full use of serato dj.. I never get upset with the new ideas as I own several units from pioneer and numark... but don't fall short of creativity
fofo dj 6:53 AM - 9 June, 2015
ciao vorrei sapere perche quando uso numark ii 4 dek e voglio collegare i miei numark v7 al uscita 3 e 4 mi riporta serato a 2 dek esono i stessi dek cie 1 ns7 uguale a v7 1e 2 ns7 uguale av7 2.questo perche avendo numark ns7ii e 2 numark v7 volevo collegarli in un solo controller a 4 dek fisici.ciao
E11World 7:29 AM - 20 June, 2015
I think the DDJSZ is a much better option than this
DjBliZz 11:28 PM - 26 June, 2015
Quote:
I think the DDJSZ is a much better option than this

DDJSZ doesn't have post-fader effects and it's missing a few of the pad features that the NS7-II has. Plus being able to link the filter knob to the effect knob is just amazing. I tried to midi map the filter knob on the DDJSZ and it wasn't possible. Also, changing the pitch range requires an extra step (secondary shift function) on the DDJSZ compared to the NS7-II, which is super annoying. Those are just a few major things in my workflow that I noticed recently when I played on my buddy's DDJSZ after months of playing on my NS7-II that made me very happy with my decision to purchase the NS7-II instead of the DDJSZ back then. But for someone who doesn't use those types of features in the workflow, yeah the DDJSZ is a good fit. Ever since the most recent SDJ update with the "disable strip search" feature, I haven't had any major issues with my NS7-II.
Osmosis 3:00 AM - 30 June, 2015
This looks good.

As a Numark NV owner who is looking to upgrade to the NS7 II, I have one question about the screen(s). Will you be able to see the beat markers on it?

As it is now with the NV, beat markers aren't visible on the screen and their presence would make things a lot nicer.
DreadFox 5:29 PM - 16 July, 2015
but will it fit in a glide style case??
(Glide style meaning the sliding laptop stand)
DjBliZz 6:07 PM - 16 July, 2015
Quote:
but will it fit in a glide style case??
(Glide style meaning the sliding laptop stand)

Or any road case that the current NS7-II fits in? Judging by the photos and looking at my case over and over it seems like it MIGHT fit but really tight. I'm not sure if there will be room to access the cables though. I hope that's why it's taking a while to come out, hopefully they are making sure the design specs are perfect. Having to attach the screen each time will be annoying for sure.
DreadFox 7:27 PM - 16 July, 2015
Thinking...
It might get damaged if the case is turn upside down or on its side.
Also we might not be able to see the screens with the glide stand in use.
DjBliZz 7:33 PM - 16 July, 2015
Yeah, I'm pretty positive that you wouldnt be able to see it in a glide style case. I've never been a fan of glide style. I like my laptop on a separate stand to the left so it doesnt block my view and make me feel like I'm hiding behind my laptop. I don't see the screen attachment working well with a glide style case at all.
DJ 3XOTIC 11:25 PM - 3 August, 2015
Some one said that you can get the numark ns7 2 for under a grand. Where can you get it for that price?
DjBliZz 12:17 AM - 7 August, 2015
Quote:
Some one said that you can get the numark ns7 2 for under a grand. Where can you get it for that price?

Guitar Center with employee discount.
DJ 3XOTIC 3:22 AM - 8 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Guitar Center with employee discount.

I went to GuitarCenter and the guy said the price was firm and that they could only match prices.
DJ 3XOTIC 3:24 AM - 8 August, 2015
Also , how much did you get it for out of curiosity?
Code:E 6:34 AM - 25 September, 2015
Anyone have a release date for Canada?
fofo dj 11:36 AM - 25 September, 2015
qualcuno sa se compro il pacc. dvs sulla mia numark ns7 ii se poi posso colle gare i v7 come controlli fisici ai fader 1 e 4 funzioneranno ?
dove posso comprare gli schermi x aggiornare la mia ns7 ii?
Trooh 2:00 PM - 6 October, 2015
Can you VJ with the screens using Serato Video or MixEmergency?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 3:51 PM - 6 October, 2015
No, they only receive specific metadata from Serato DJ over USB and render it.
They aren't VGA or HDMI screens
E11World 4:31 PM - 14 October, 2015
You make good points but like you said it's for your workflow. I guess there are pluses and minuses for both. Now serato lets you map everything (beta still) so that should be more helpful. Not sure what pad functions you mean though.

Quote:

DDJSZ doesn't have post-fader effects and it's missing a few of the pad features that the NS7-II has. Plus being able to link the filter knob to the effect knob is just amazing. I tried to midi map the filter knob on the DDJSZ and it wasn't possible. Also, changing the pitch range requires an extra step (secondary shift function) on the DDJSZ compared to the NS7-II, which is super annoying. Those are just a few major things in my workflow that I noticed recently when I played on my buddy's DDJSZ after months of playing on my NS7-II that made me very happy with my decision to purchase the NS7-II instead of the DDJSZ back then. But for someone who doesn't use those types of features in the workflow, yeah the DDJSZ is a good fit. Ever since the most recent SDJ update with the "disable strip search" feature, I haven't had any major issues with my NS7-II.
DJ Daz_ 9:23 PM - 15 November, 2015
So can you hook up the display screen the NS7III has to a DDJ-SZ? Anyone know?
Code:E 10:47 PM - 15 November, 2015
Quote:
So can you hook up the display screen the NS7III has to a DDJ-SZ? Anyone know?

numark said no before. i'm hopeful that will change
EASYD 4:48 PM - 16 December, 2015
Numark NS7iii kill switches don't work with numark ns7iii drivers 1.0.0 I have tried on 3 Windows computers and they don't work. (FACT)

And I can also confirm that I have spent 4 hours not 4 minuets over many calls with tech support, as I'm sure any person with some common sense can image after all of that time with tech support back and forth doing this and that uninstalling then reinstalling multiple times on multiple windows devices if it still is not working with three different WIN computers logic would tell you it's not your 3 computers!!!!!

Numark sort your s**t out and squash the bugs in your numark ns7iii 1.0.0 drivers as they don't work properly and while your at it train your staff properly to know that your product is faulty and to

1. No waste clients hard earned money on hardware that don't with with your software properly
2. Wasting time on asking redundant questions that go round in circle like a dog chasing its tale
3. Be polite to clients when the call you with tech issues as the clients pay your wage

I Been a long standing Numark client but this will be my last my Numark purchase

A very pissed off client to say the least
djkurve 9:50 PM - 17 December, 2015
Quote:
Numark NS7iii kill switches don't work with numark ns7iii drivers 1.0.0 I have tried on 3 Windows computers and they don't work. (FACT)

And I can also confirm that I have spent 4 hours not 4 minuets over many calls with tech support, as I'm sure any person with some common sense can image after all of that time with tech support back and forth doing this and that uninstalling then reinstalling multiple times on multiple windows devices if it still is not working with three different WIN computers logic would tell you it's not your 3 computers!!!!!

Numark sort your s**t out and squash the bugs in your numark ns7iii 1.0.0 drivers as they don't work properly and while your at it train your staff properly to know that your product is faulty and to

1. No waste clients hard earned money on hardware that don't with with your software properly
2. Wasting time on asking redundant questions that go round in circle like a dog chasing its tale
3. Be polite to clients when the call you with tech issues as the clients pay your wage

I Been a long standing Numark client but this will be my last my Numark purchase

A very pissed off client to say the least

+100