DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

RANE 62

DJ Grand D 2:54 AM - 6 January, 2015
Are there any rane 62 user out there having the problem with the rane 62 not being able to save there midi mapping in serato scratch live. Because i tried everything, so if you know let me know Thanks!!!
DJ Grand D 3:02 AM - 6 January, 2015
They said the rane 62 is all midi mappable and it is, But when you turn off the mixer and turn it back on the midi mapping is not saved this is a "Big" problem and they need to fix this!!!
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:24 PM - 7 January, 2015
Hey Grand D,

What version of Serato are you using?
SSL or SDJ?

I know there is a MIDI mapping bug in SDJ but it should work in SSL.
DJ Grand D 11:03 PM - 7 January, 2015
I am using SSL version, and i see somebody else posted on the sight that they were having the same problem
Rane, Support
Zach S 11:12 PM - 7 January, 2015
What version of SSL are you using?
What firmware version is installed on your mixer?
DJ Grand D 12:09 AM - 8 January, 2015
I'm using serato scratch live 2.5.0 and the mixer 2.21
DJ Grand D 2:35 PM - 27 January, 2015
Please give us Serato scratch live efects in Serato DJ thank you
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:07 PM - 28 January, 2015
There are WAY better effects in SDJ... and you get the one you use in SSL too (echo out).
DJ Grand D 11:43 AM - 29 January, 2015
I like the roll out fast and the roll out slow in ssl that puts a good drop down in transitioning in the mix
Rane, Support
Zach S 12:17 AM - 10 February, 2015
Hm.. I'm not sure if SDJ has the equivalent but I would be surprised if it doesn't.
Have you looked at all the effects in all the plug in packs?
Fl!ped 4:39 AM - 22 April, 2015
i remember having similar problems, If I remember well its a difference in folder structure or so, the SDJ has an XML subfolder in MIDI, and SSL not? I can't verify at this time.
Furthermore, I think some midi mappings aren't compatible, at least I remember I couldn't just throw them in on another installation....
Check the folders (on Windows)
DJ Grand D 4:33 PM - 15 January, 2021
why can't i connect my rane 62 mixer to serato dj pro using macOS Catalina version 10.15.7
dj_soo 7:08 PM - 15 January, 2021
you need a driver which doesn't exist because the 62 is discontinued.
DJ Grand D 7:16 PM - 15 January, 2021
doesn't exist on what software or what macOS because I used it on previous versions
dj_soo 7:24 PM - 15 January, 2021
Mojave is the last OS that supported the 62 - catalina made the switch to all 64-bit so it needs a new driver - since it’s discontinued, there isn’t a new driver.
HighTopFade 11:51 PM - 15 January, 2021
I did get the 62 to work with Catalina on two different computers. If I remember correctly, I removed the Rane 62 from MIDI audio setup, and then force installed the newest driver I can find. Using Serato 2.3.6.
HighTopFade 11:54 PM - 15 January, 2021
My bad. Thought you were using SDJ Pro.
Cee Double-e 1:53 PM - 7 March, 2021
Would this have something to do with why after a 9 month lay-off my Rane 62 does not see my SL1210s in the settings and therefore I cannot use them? I've reinstalled older voserins that worked but they dont't work now!
DJ Guayo 5:20 PM - 7 March, 2021
You need to be running macOS Mojave or earlier. You then know you have drivers available. If you have Mojave or earlier and are having trouble installing drivers then you I would recommend reaching out to support. Don’t know if they will help out since it’s discontinued.
Cee Double-e 7:01 PM - 7 March, 2021
Thank you for that - in my haste I should have mentioned I'm using Windows 10 but was using SDJ Pro before it stopped working