DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane TTM57 Fader vs Rane TTM56 Fader

DJ Diizo 3:14 AM - 19 December, 2014
Hi all, I burned out the right channel fader on my 57, so I ordered a replacement on Turntable Lab. I got it in today but it doesn't look like the original fader! The carrier is plastic and looks like this : dj.rane.com (which I believe is the one for the 56?)
instead of metal like the original: www.djworx.com. (which is the one that came with my 57).
What should I do? When I installed the new fader, the metal part that pokes out from the top of the carrier has this weird pointy part that raises the fader cap too high. Can I take the metal carrier from the old 57 and put it on the rails of the new fader as a replacement for the plastic fader?
boabmatic 9:51 AM - 19 December, 2014
I think that the Rane pic version is the new improved version, but all of the 56,57,62 faders are compatible I think.

They moved away from the design with the spring leg for resistance like in the DJworx pic, both my 56 and 57 had this design,

I'm not sure what design my 62 has though.

You might just need a new fader cap to go with the new design.

I'm sure a Rane rep will jump in here to confirm what you need to do.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:14 PM - 19 December, 2014
You got one of the new faders which will work fine in your mixer.

Quote:
Can I take the metal carrier from the old 57 and put it on the rails of the new fader as a replacement for the plastic fader?

Yes you can.
DJ Diizo 11:41 PM - 19 December, 2014
Thanks for your prompt responses guys! I'll put the old metal carrier on the new rails so I don't have to buy a new cap. I'll keep you posted on how it goes!